Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:12:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [SHLD] ShieldCoin - X15 - PoS - Fair Launch - Whitepaper RELEASE!  (Read 106482 times)
StephenJH

Activity: 1442
Merit: 521

No more Rekt and Bust

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 12:17:42 AM

*pops popcorn

███████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
██████▀▄██▀▀▄▄ ████▄▀██████
█████ ███ ████ ▀▀████ █████
████ █████ ███▀▀▀▄████ ████
████ ███▀▀▀▄▄▄████████ ████
████ ██▄▄▀▀███████▀▄▄█ ████
█████ █████ █▀██▀▄███ █████
██████▄▀███▀▄█▀▄███▀▄██████
████████▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▄▄████████
██████████▀▄███████████████
██████████████████████████
.FortuneJack.
  ▄█▄        █           ▄
 ▄████▄▄ ▄▄▀▀██▄▄      ▄███
█▄███████▄▄██████▄▄▄█████
 █▄██████▌▀▄▄███▀▄▄▄▀▀██
  ▄▀████ █▄██▄██▄▄▄▄▀██
   ▀▀▄▀███▀▀▄▄▀▀▀▀█████▀▄
     ████▄▀▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄███▄█
    ▐▌▄█████▀   ▄▄▄█▄▄  ███
     ▀█▄▀█▀▀▄  ████▀███▄▀
       ▐▌▄ ▄█▄█▀██▌ ▀▄
       █▄████▀▀    ▄▄▄█▄
        ▀▄▄▀▄▄▄▀▀▀██▄▄
           ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀
|
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ BY
HACKSAW
G  A  M  I  N  G
          ▄▀▀▀▄
     ▄▄▀▀██▄▄█▄▄
   ▄█▀████████▄▀▀██▄
▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄█████▐███▄
▀██▄▀█▀▀▀▀███▀▀▐▌
█▄██▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀██▄██▐▌
▐▀▀▄▀▀▀▀  ▀  ▀█▀████▀
 ▀█▀  ▐▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀ ▄▀██▄
 █  ▄██████████▄  ▄█▄
▐▌▀▀█████████████████
▐▌ ▐  ▀▌   ▀  ▀██▀▄█
 ▀▄▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▄▄▀▀
   ▀▀▄▄█▀▀█▄▄▄▄█▀▀
|
....OVER $2,000,000!....
ALREADY GIVEN AWAY
IN LESS THAN 2 WEEKS
....PLAY NOW....
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mctaino

Activity: 686
Merit: 503

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 12:18:35 AM

LOL.

Ok. So this is what I found:

It seems that the following text is the exact same in both the Shieldcoin paper and the RetroShare paper:

"The tunnelling service does not ensure the data integrity, nor its confidentiality. It’s the service’s responsibility to do that. We made that choice for robustness reasons, since tunnels can die unpredictably (e.g. when a peer in the middle disconnects).

File transfer, for instance manages multiple tunnels per hash, and asks chunks again if they cannot be obtained or got corrupted after the previous request."

This text appears just under the tunneling diagram that the Shieldcoin dev used in the section of his paper where he describes tunneling. The diagram also appears on the RetroShare document:

https://retroshareteam.wordpress.com/page/3/

As far as I can see, the rest of the Shieldcoin paper was very well paraphrased when others' ideas were used and it's obvious that the dev has put his own twist on these ideas.

In my opinion, it seems that perhaps the dev when constructing his paper thought that the tunneling diagram from RetroShare did a great job explaining tunneling, decided to use the diagram, and made the mistake of using the same paragraph of text associated with the diagram which explains what is going on in the diagram. Should he have paraphrased that paragraph? Probably.

Does that mean that Shieldcoin is a scam? NO. NO. NO.

Let's just cool it and hear what the dev has to say later when he awakes from his nap.

Yep thats what i found out about the devs my self.

Dev here

Sorry if this caused trouble for people's investments. I was on very little sleep and trying to finish a paper ASAP - a lot of the code and ideas is based on retroshare code, and I acted less than vigilantly and copied a bit more than I should have - I took the tunneling diagram and its caption because it was the same.

I just want to point out that days ago I did say I had been reaching out to another project, which was retroshare. I've based a lot of my work on their work, which I said also. Both are quoted by other members and not edited posts.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=681570.msg7774525#msg7774525   (way back from pg 10)

I've been speaking with members of another unrelated open source project and researching a different way to add anonymity and anti-spying technology to SHIELDcoin, using a web-of-trust to authenticate peers and OpenSSL to encrypt all traffic.]I've been speaking with members of another unrelated open source project and researching a different way to add anonymity and anti-spying technology to SHIELDcoin, using a web-of-trust to authenticate peers and OpenSSL to encrypt all traffic.

and

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=681570.msg7806581#msg7806581

I'll be releasing most of this as open source once the project is very complete. Some parts are taken from existing projects, some are new - but I would like to release it all in the future (not just the open parts) if the community agrees.]I'll be releasing most of this as open source once the project is very complete. Some parts are taken from existing projects, some are new - but I would like to release it all in the future (not just the open parts) if the community agrees.

The project is underway, regardless of FUD or not. Sorry about the diagrams, and thank you for researching your coins properly.

Great Thanks for explaining everything. Now Panic buy I told u all not to sell ur coins. The dev is here and will implement the work. Money supply is only 1M buying more now. To show my support I will put up buy support wall of 15BTC in case anyone is crazy enough to dump
jrich76

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 12:19:02 AM

I still don't get the FUD.  The dev said he was inspired by other projects.  He wants to implement a feature that comes from a company not involved in crypto-currency.

solid12345, so suck on some URO.

It's one of the hypocrisies you see in crypto, white knights who "only care about you" try to "save" people from losing money, so they spread rumors and FUD, the whole time they are buying in cheaply.

Wonder how many FUD'ers are up 20% instantly  Undecided
nonny12

Activity: 362

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 12:21:42 AM

mctaino

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 12:22:52 AM

Waiting on BTC Pending in Bittrex
zheratuul

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 12:23:43 AM

LOL.

Ok. So this is what I found:

It seems that the following text is the exact same in both the Shieldcoin paper and the RetroShare paper:

"The tunnelling service does not ensure the data integrity, nor its confidentiality. It’s the service’s responsibility to do that. We made that choice for robustness reasons, since tunnels can die unpredictably (e.g. when a peer in the middle disconnects).

File transfer, for instance manages multiple tunnels per hash, and asks chunks again if they cannot be obtained or got corrupted after the previous request."

This text appears just under the tunneling diagram that the Shieldcoin dev used in the section of his paper where he describes tunneling. The diagram also appears on the RetroShare document:

https://retroshareteam.wordpress.com/page/3/

As far as I can see, the rest of the Shieldcoin paper was very well paraphrased when others' ideas were used and it's obvious that the dev has put his own twist on these ideas.

In my opinion, it seems that perhaps the dev when constructing his paper thought that the tunneling diagram from RetroShare did a great job explaining tunneling, decided to use the diagram, and made the mistake of using the same paragraph of text associated with the diagram which explains what is going on in the diagram. Should he have paraphrased that paragraph? Probably.

Does that mean that Shieldcoin is a scam? NO. NO. NO.

Let's just cool it and hear what the dev has to say later when he awakes from his nap.

Yep thats what i found out about the devs my self.

Dev here

Sorry if this caused trouble for people's investments. I was on very little sleep and trying to finish a paper ASAP - a lot of the code and ideas is based on retroshare code, and I acted less than vigilantly and copied a bit more than I should have - I took the tunneling diagram and its caption because it was the same.

I just want to point out that days ago I did say I had been reaching out to another project, which was retroshare. I've based a lot of my work on their work, which I said also. Both are quoted by other members and not edited posts.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=681570.msg7774525#msg7774525   (way back from pg 10)

I've been speaking with members of another unrelated open source project and researching a different way to add anonymity and anti-spying technology to SHIELDcoin, using a web-of-trust to authenticate peers and OpenSSL to encrypt all traffic.

and

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=681570.msg7806581#msg7806581

I'll be releasing most of this as open source once the project is very complete. Some parts are taken from existing projects, some are new - but I would like to release it all in the future (not just the open parts) if the community agrees.

The project is underway, regardless of FUD or not. Sorry about the diagrams, and thank you for researching your coins properly.

solid12345
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 12:24:06 AM

Ok to end this drama once and for all

I will apologize outright for not going to the dev directly, but I will still not apologize for the community who does tricks for anything Fontas tweets out yet gets out their pitch forks when 1 skeptic or negative opinion comes on. I'm glad the dev apologized that he should have been more diligent about naming where he lifted the material from.

But for the rest of you, if all it takes is 1 guy (Fontas) to pump up a coin and get you excited and 1 guy (me) to bring it all come crashing down, what does that say about YOU.

Btw I really wish I had that kind of pull but it was really CryptoCobain re-tweeting me that caused the drop.
Vilchaco

Activity: 302

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 12:26:31 AM

I will apologize outright for not going to the dev directly, but I will still not apologize for the community who does tricks for anything Fontas tweets out yet gets out their pitch forks when 1 skeptic or negative opinion comes on. I'm glad the dev apologized that he should have been more diligent about naming where he lifted the material from.

But for the rest of you, if all it takes is 1 guy (Fontas) to pump up a coin and get you excited and 1 guy (me) to bring it all come crashing down, what does that say about YOU.

Btw I really wish I had that kind of pull but it was really CryptoCobain re-tweeting me that caused the drop.

I hope you havent ANY Shield on your wallet
solid12345
Legendary

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 12:27:34 AM

I hope you havent ANY Shield on your wallet

What is that supposed to mean?
cryptoholic11

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 12:27:54 AM

Thanks dev for the honesty.

mctaino

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 12:29:33 AM

POLO all over again Jesus, Feel bad for all the people that lost their money. Im really upset that people come to forums with a view and instead of talking to the dev about it they come on here and straight up FUD.  Poor Newbies
tokyoghetto
Legendary

Activity: 1232

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 12:30:03 AM

damn fudsters.

time to panic buy.
solid12345
Legendary

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 12:32:48 AM

wow +50% so easy
bye forever now idk why anyone would stay in a coin where the dev openly uses sock puppets

Yes this we still haven't gotten an explanation on.
shieldcoindevs (OP)

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 12:37:28 AM

wow +50% so easy
bye forever now idk why anyone would stay in a coin where the dev openly uses sock puppets

Yes this we still haven't gotten an explanation on.

A couple people were logging in with the dev account, helping to update the thread and keep active while I was away.

One forgot to switch over.

Solid12345:
Thank you for the apology, I know its upsetting seeing your favorite coin being passed by another. I just wish you had contacted me first, I've been working really hard and I was tempted to just give up, like people in here were joking about. I was advised that would be a poor choice, and I really enjoy this project. I'll be pushing forward and have more updates ASAP.

solid12345
Legendary

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 12:39:46 AM

solid12345,

Back to 33k.  Congrats on scaring out the weakhands.  Did you buy enough for yourself now in the ~20's?

Did you just need cheap Shield because of your URO bagholding?

I'm not selling my URO for a pump that would have been over in a day or two anyway. But to me all of this is hilarious, one, count them one negative opinion or tweet on SHLD and it's a giant shitstorm. But URO flies under the radar for weeks and the day it starts growing huge, all of a sudden probably more than a hundred troll accounts invade the URO thread and post in big bold text saying this is a scam with no proof whatsoever, and you all give them their blessing.

Make me out to be the bad guy all you like but you guys have done far, far worse than me.

Take it all up with CryptoCobain, he has the thousands of followers, not me.
Ancep

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 12:43:03 AM

Nothing but respect for devs who stick around and put up with this madness.
Mr.Joker

Activity: 868

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 12:45:14 AM

Let's get this thing up to 100k Grin
nrg_wolf
Legendary

Activity: 882

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 12:58:11 AM

guys guys, calm ya tits and just let the ball roll. if the dev has something good to offer let him code it already. stop bitching between threads like school girls..........
NSA360

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

Crypto Collector

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 12:59:23 AM

Another day...another coin...same shit...ahah so fun
 Grin Grin Grin
nrg_wolf
Legendary

Activity: 882

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 01:01:00 AM

Another day...another coin...same shit...ahah so fun
 Grin Grin Grin

says the one following blackdoge coin lol... your credibility is very low there kid.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 »
  Print  

Jump to: