Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 11:05:56 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 [88] 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 ... 499 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XST] Stealth-Coin.com | Tor | StealthText, World's first anonymous SMS Tx!  (Read 748500 times)
objectofawareness

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 10:26:22 PM

Wtf happens...  Sad Huh

VIA Coin, that's what happened.

So you don't think XST has a chance?

I bought at 735k thinking that the dev was coming back in a few days. Well, 10 day delay is going to tank the prices. And the feature theyre working on...is it even in demand? I mean XSI thought they were working on an innovative feature when they released Electrum this past week, and prices tanked. And no matter how innovative this feature is, if the whales left and nobody is hyping it, its done. Anybody who wants to attack me for my opinions, so be it. Ill check back in 10 days and see who is right.

It seems that the feature they're trying to implement would put XST ahead of the anon game. From what I understand, there is no truly anonymous coin at the moment. Will investors care...who knows? Darkcoin still dominates the anon market, even though there are better anon coins out there.
What I don't understand is why developers are putting coins out before implementing the features first. The world of crypto moves so fast, that there may be a coin that comes out tomorrow with the same feature and then some. Why wouldn't you put your best foot forward and release the coin with the feature to begin with? The only reason I can think of, is to hype the coin. In the case of XST, it didn't work. The developers are going to have to deliver to take this coin to the next level. The developers seem competent, devoted, and transparent...and that's why I chose to stick around. XST may be down...but it's not out. We are all investors in this coin, lets help to build the community up and spread the word. If XST succeeds...we all succeed.

The new logo looks great by the way  Grin

cryptoholic11

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 10:34:25 PM

I post this on another thread, Ill post it here too because it also applies to XST imo

As investor in this coin, I have say this, and it might not sit well with a few people but oh well. With an ever increasing competitive altcoin scene, its imperative that development stays fast and updates remain frequent.

Why: because when the devs stay silent, even if they are legit, the price and volume tank. And the more they tank, the harder it is to rebound, regardless of future releases. So protecting the price and volume through constant updates is extremely necessary especially in the beginning phases. So I would urge the devs to give updates more frequently, and be more specific and less vague. And anybody who wants to argue that Microsoft took 10 years to develop windows, should re-evaluate that argument. Cryptos (for now at least) work much differently, and even a week of inactivity would spell disaster.

People always want to dump their holdings and go catch the flavor of the week. In order to stay ahead of the curve, frequent updates, and more importantly a speedy development while keeping the community and investors informed during the process is important. This will keep the volume and price stable, which is important. I cant stress that enough. Yea some hype could be considered unethical, but in the current altcoin scene, its necessary to keep the exposure. Some developers go their way with developing the features, and stay quiet, killing the price and volume. And when they do finally release it, the coin barely sees any movement, because they never established themselves as a major coin to begin with. Only established altcoin devs can stay quiet for a reasonable long period of time without suffering the consequences. Examples of these established alts would be DRK, XC, VRC, CLOAK. All other alts are fucked if the devs are not constantly active and steadfast.

Oh, and an example of an alt that is doing it right at the moment is VOOT, because their volume has stayed in the top 10 on bittrex for weeks now. The dev gives constant updates, stays active and is releasing features frequently. As a result, the community is growing and whales are getting involved. Love em or hate em, whales are essential to get any coin to that next level.

ProGamer

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 10:40:29 PM

I post this on another thread, Ill post it here too because it also applies to XST imo

As investor in this coin, I have say this, and it might not sit well with a few people but oh well. With an ever increasing competitive altcoin scene, its imperative that development stays fast and updates remain frequent.

Why: because when the devs stay silent, even if they are legit, the price and volume tank. And the more they tank, the harder it is to rebound, regardless of future releases. So protecting the price and volume through constant updates is extremely necessary especially in the beginning phases. So I would urge the devs to give updates more frequently, and be more specific and less vague. And anybody who wants to argue that Microsoft took 10 years to develop windows, should re-evaluate that argument. Cryptos (for now at least) work much differently, and even a week of inactivity would spell disaster.

People always want to dump their holdings and go catch the flavor of the week. In order to stay ahead of the curve, frequent updates, and more importantly a speedy development while keeping the community and investors informed during the process is important. This will keep the volume and price stable, which is important. I cant stress that enough. Yea some hype could be considered unethical, but in the current altcoin scene, its necessary to keep the exposure. Some developers go their way with developing the features, and stay quiet, killing the price and volume. And when they do finally release it, the coin barely sees any movement, because they never established themselves as a major coin to begin with. Only established altcoin devs can stay quiet for a reasonable long period of time without suffering the consequences. Examples of these established alts would be DRK, XC, VRC, CLOAK. All other alts are fucked if the devs are not constantly active and steadfast.

Oh, and an example of an alt that is doing it right at the moment is VOOT, because their volume has stayed in the top 10 on bittrex for weeks now. The dev gives constant updates, stays active and is releasing features frequently. As a result, the community is growing and whales are getting involved. Love em or hate em, whales are essential to get any coin to that next level.

Exactly! Maybe the developers could try to get a few people for public relations? The community should start trying to promote the coin/advertise everywhere we can.
deadliftbrah

Activity: 272

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 10:43:18 PM

+1
BTCwriter
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 11:08:53 PM

We'd like to make a couple announcements.

We've received some excellent offers of graphic work for StealthCoin. We very much appreciate such participation and are proud to announce an updated logo courtesy of "pm1978"! We'll be awarding a 10k bounty in appreciation of his help and look forward to his future involvement.

In other news - although some promising groundwork progress has been made on Phase 2 development of blockchain analysis resistance, we must unfortunately report that Hondo has had difficulties with his internet connection and other StealthCoin-related distractions while on his retreat. In the interest of transparency to our awesome community, we'd like to report a delay of Phase 2 implementation. We're not sure exactly how long it will take to complete, but rest assured that we're hard at work and want to implement the technology at the highest levels.

We're extending our timeline for this development milestone up to another 10 days, and will follow-up on or before August 2nd.  In the meantime, we will continue to provide regular updates and will continue work in parallel on our other projects and services.

The logo is OK but not good enough. We should have logo contest.
Most of us still behind you Hondo included myself. I will not abondone the ship at all cost.
Please hondo look into wallet for syncing issue at the moment seen some people having this issue then work with anon at the same time.

Please have logo contest.
ProGamer

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 11:10:53 PM

For the transaction issues, I propose we set up a bunch of automated wallets that move small amounts of Stealthcoin around to other automated wallets and then back again. These wallets could be crowd funded, use minted coins from steaking, and/or run by the developers.
BTCwriter
Legendary

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 11:33:47 PM

For the transaction issues, I propose we set up a bunch of automated wallets that move small amounts of Stealthcoin around to other automated wallets and then back again. These wallets could be crowd funded, use minted coins from steaking, and/or run by the developers.
I have seen this happen to 1 wallet already;
http://xst.argakiig.us:2750/address/SKBPoG7DcG8gw3i1MM9uHQSreDfYmVWhv8

I think this wallet is good for about 1 day and we need 3 days. I hope 2 more of these setup.
radus

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 11:35:45 PM

Wtf happens...  Sad Huh

VIA Coin, that's what happened.

So you don't think XST has a chance?

You misunderstand. I'm saying VIA has all the attention right now. People are turning their heads looking for new profitable altcoins, and VIA is big, like really big. Not that it's better, people are just more interested in it and has diverted most of their hashing power towards it.

ProGamer

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 11:41:16 PM
Last edit: July 19, 2014, 11:56:01 PM by ProGamer

I have seen this happen to 1 wallet already;
http://xst.argakiig.us:2750/address/SKBPoG7DcG8gw3i1MM9uHQSreDfYmVWhv8

I think this wallet is good for about 1 day and we need 3 days. I hope 2 more of these setup.

I think the fact that staking takes 3 days for the coins to mature also might be a problem here. It should scale within a certain set of parameters to how many steaking wallets are needed to make the network sufficiently fast. This is not an issue for a coin like CINNI because it has enough popularity. Until we can get the community large enough to solve this problem, I propose we make the maturing time take somewhere from 1 hour to 3 days depending on how much the network needs it. Once we have a large enough community, the standard 3 days would be the only time used.
EmilioMann
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1028

#mitandopelomundo

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 12:22:48 AM

We've received some excellent offers of graphic work for StealthCoin. We very much appreciate such participation and are proud to announce an updated logo courtesy of "pm1978"! We'll be awarding a 10k bounty in appreciation of his help and look forward to his future involvement.

In other news - although some promising groundwork progress has been made on Phase 2 development of blockchain analysis resistance, we must unfortunately report that Hondo has had difficulties with his internet connection and other StealthCoin-related distractions while on his retreat. In the interest of transparency to our awesome community, we'd like to report a delay of Phase 2 implementation. We're not sure exactly how long it will take to complete, but rest assured that we're hard at work and want to implement the technology at the highest levels.

We're extending our timeline for this development milestone up to another 10 days, and will follow-up on or before August 2nd.  In the meantime, we will continue to provide regular updates and will continue work in parallel on our other projects and services.

Most of us still behind you Hondo included myself. I will not abondone the ship at all cost.
Please hondo look into wallet for syncing issue at the moment seen some people having this issue then work with anon at the same time.

+1^^
radus

Activity: 154

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 12:47:05 AM

- removed image -

+1^^

KISS <- ALWAYS refer to this when doing logo designs.
The proposed logo is nice and all, but it's too complex (read; distracting). I find it hard to recognize at a distance and it's just not scalable-friendly at all.

EDIT: Why not just go for the pixellated "S" and make it a little more distinctive?

82ndabnmedic

Activity: 247

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 03:07:03 AM

good to hear Dev update...though phase 2 is not complete, I am hopeful that it will happen soon. keep up the work and the updates / activity on this site

CISSP | PMP | CEH

Bitmark: Project Manager & PR Coordinator

BTC: 1FEi8MSP3ccoqLah8EcxfGZVHUViEmQfvQ

BTM: bNidDXnRu5fuD8Th7cPFh7jnPdyAhMh7Nr
prix

Activity: 750
Merit: 511

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 03:35:34 AM

Devs, we need to set the minimum interval between the blocks in 1 minute.
I have several times noticed as soon as someone starts to generate a few dozen blocks per minute - the rest can happen out of sync.
We will solve two problems at once so - out of sync and stable blocks time.

40 blocks in 1 minute and I sync out...
Code:
10579	2014-07-20 01:01:51	2	1005.43863	0.0	20728399.367652	6.58417	24.8742	37.9757%
10639 2014-07-20 01:02:51 2 1005.838082 0.0 20728574.053104 6.56942 24.8749 38.1181%

And when I start staking too much blocks per minute:
OK 3 of my wallets are now out of sync, it see the block alright but it never can download. this happen from block 8984 and it is now 9148 and counting, almost 200 straight blocks in 20 minutes. I have to admitted weird wallet and someone must know what is going on. Checkout wallet RzBxwRLTSWR14F8iCKJQraWFYtE8t5kHQZ. once it's out of syn it will never able to sync again. my other 2 wallets are keeping up alright.

Maybe we should set checking there
Code:
void BitcoinMiner(CWallet *pwallet, bool fProofOfStake)
        auto_ptr<CBlock> pblock(CreateNewBlock(pwallet, fProofOfStake));
Or change this
Code:
CreateNewBlock
        if (nSearchTime > nLastCoinStakeSearchTime)
to
Code:
        if (nSearchTime - nLastCoinStakeSearchTime > 60000)
I don't know, I am not coin developer. Maybe it's wrong way.

I changed code of my wallet in this place
Code:
        if (fProofOfStake)
        {
                printf("CPUMiner : proof-of-stake block found %s\n", pblock->GetHash().ToString().c_str());
            }
            Sleep(250);
            continue;
        }
to
Code:
Sleep(60000);
If it helps I know tomorrow.

EmilioMann
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1028

#mitandopelomundo

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 04:37:57 AM

Devs, we need to set the minimum interval between the blocks in 1 minute.
I have several times noticed as soon as someone starts to generate a few dozen blocks per minute - the rest can happen out of sync.
We will solve two problems at once so - out of sync and stable blocks time.

40 blocks in 1 minute and I sync out...
Code:
10579	2014-07-20 01:01:51	2	1005.43863	0.0	20728399.367652	6.58417	24.8742	37.9757%
10639 2014-07-20 01:02:51 2 1005.838082 0.0 20728574.053104 6.56942 24.8749 38.1181%

And when I start staking too much blocks per minute:
OK 3 of my wallets are now out of sync, it see the block alright but it never can download. this happen from block 8984 and it is now 9148 and counting, almost 200 straight blocks in 20 minutes. I have to admitted weird wallet and someone must know what is going on. Checkout wallet RzBxwRLTSWR14F8iCKJQraWFYtE8t5kHQZ. once it's out of syn it will never able to sync again. my other 2 wallets are keeping up alright.

Maybe we should set checking there
Code:
void BitcoinMiner(CWallet *pwallet, bool fProofOfStake)
        auto_ptr<CBlock> pblock(CreateNewBlock(pwallet, fProofOfStake));
Or change this
Code:
CreateNewBlock
        if (nSearchTime > nLastCoinStakeSearchTime)
to
Code:
        if (nSearchTime - nLastCoinStakeSearchTime > 60000)
I don't know, I am not coin developer. Maybe it's wrong way.

I changed code of my wallet in this place
Code:
        if (fProofOfStake)
        {
                printf("CPUMiner : proof-of-stake block found %s\n", pblock->GetHash().ToString().c_str());
            }
            Sleep(250);
            continue;
        }
to
Code:
Sleep(60000);
If it helps I know tomorrow.

Nice! Awaiting your reply tomorrow
BTCwriter
Legendary

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 07:50:15 AM

The StealthCoin team would like to introduce to you The StealthCoin Great Stake Challenge 2!

I want to enter this contest, my address;
http://xst.argakiig.us:2750/address/SKep9JrU7v8tc7pivkwrCwKxdegDXWZTmH

not much but at least there is something seen no one enter their.
this is for DAY 1
BTCwriter
Legendary

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 08:36:42 AM

- removed image -

+1^^

KISS <- ALWAYS refer to this when doing logo designs.
The proposed logo is nice and all, but it's too complex (read; distracting). I find it hard to recognize at a distance and it's just not scalable-friendly at all.

EDIT: Why not just go for the pixellated "S" and make it a little more distinctive?

Yes, the logo is too complex!
I have been with XC seen the beginning and they have logo contest which picked up branding and designer along the way, his bitcointalk is Thrash.
With logo contest we're having endless logos to choose from, may the best one win.
Along the way XC have picked up almost their entire team, more devs, social media, pr and media etc. From my understanding XC start with Dan Metcalf(atcsecure) and TEKA, I think only two and check them now. I think if Hondo need solution to wallet problem etc he could put out bounty for solution to fix it, in this way we might picking more devs along the way. Bitcoindark don't even have anon dev for their coin, they put out bounty for it and its's out perform Stealthcoin when we have in house dev for this. Stealthcoin is the best, for now the name it is.
cryptoholic11

Activity: 560

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 08:47:32 AM

I have been with XC seen the beginning and they have logo contest which picked up branding and designer along the way, his bitcointalk is Thrash.
With logo contest we're having endless logos to choose from, may the best one win.
Along the way XC have picked up almost their entire team, more devs, social media, pr and media etc. From my understanding XC start with Dan Metcalf(atcsecure) and TEKA, I think only two and check them now. I think if Hondo need solution to wallet problem etc he could put out bounty for solution to fix it, in this way we might picking more devs along the way. Bitcoindark don't even have anon dev for their coin, they put out bounty for it and its's out perform Stealthcoin when we have in house dev for this. Stealthcoin is the best, for now the name it is.

+1

BTCwriter
Legendary

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 09:02:52 AM
Last edit: July 20, 2014, 10:45:22 AM by BTCwriter

+1

Here is on XC team page;
TEKA "Discovered XC at the very start; began to serve as Community Manager after a few weeks."

So XC started by atcsecure by himself for a few weeks before TEKA even become community manager. Stealthcoin can start from here! the price is very cheap and almost worthless right now so everyone can still grab something and jump on board the choo choo train.
WestOstrich

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 10:11:57 AM

I was super keen on this coin... But what an embarrassment to the whole crypto community. Who launches a coin and then plans to go missing for 10 days, then comes up with the excuse that they could not complete their homework because they had a bad internet connection? WTF! Not even a high school kid would get away with such a piss poor excuse!

Whilst you guys feebly attempt to get your act together, other peoples money is going down the toilet fast. Get your shit together!

When other peoples are invested in your business vehicle, and you announce 10 days to complete something. You have 10 days to get it done, just like the rest of the business world expects. So what now guys - we all just wait for a wallet that works and feeble delays? This whole crypto scene is turning into an unworkable mess, and this is just another example of FAIL!

I'm dumping my bag.

Good luck all.
HunterS

Activity: 644

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 10:17:18 AM
Last edit: July 20, 2014, 11:17:37 AM by HunterS

lmao. what a ridiculious statement.dump your coins bro i will have them

Pages: « 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 [88] 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 ... 499 »
  Print  

Jump to: