Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 10:25:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 [91] 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 ... 499 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XST] Stealth-Coin.com | Tor | StealthText, World's first anonymous SMS Tx!  (Read 748500 times)
xtent

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 05:43:42 AM

To those asking for a roadmap included myself should expecting the answer as early as tomorrow. The dev team included myself are in Stealthcoin for a long run and this is the reason why Stealthdevs don't want to go overboard combating FUD, if any. One trading tip for everyone;
People can't get rich by day/night trading and flipping. You might profits today for a burger or score a month of free rent then quite and be happy about it but the problem is tomorrow you might not score again, heck it can even eat half of your investment. If you look into Warren Buffett portfolios most of his most profits investment is have to wait decade and decade, 100x or even 1000x of his investment. My point is Stealthcoin is here to stay and the dev team is legit. Just know other coins are craps, the nonsense name and most lack of team. Stealthcoin going to blow them away! choo choo

So there will be a roadmap tomorrow?
prix

Activity: 750
Merit: 511

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 05:45:42 AM

Hondo here.

First, the challenge is to create inputs in a wallet that will eventually stake. You describe the process of minting, which comes later. However since each mint creates two new transactions that themselves will stake, you can enter. Since there have been no real entrants (that I have seen), we will allow multiple addresses, as in your case.

It seems like a good idea to add a sleep to space mints. Probably the best place to do it is right in the ThreadStakeMinter where any sleep will only affect that thread.

Glad to see you, Hondo.

I changed time to 120 sec for the network health, with this interval I think I can generate blocks more than 36 hours.
And I will try to write rpc-script for creating new inputs every 1 minute.

My addresses for contest:
SKQKVbc5kKq3ErDXEQzkiNb6bUUe9JDZcM
RzBxwRLTSWR14F8iCKJQraWFYtE8t5kHQZ
SKoVkXrURiUejEzpS3TLdS4kR7ofHvyZjF

I generated about 150 blocks for last 4 hours with interval 1-2 min.
StealthDevs (OP)

Activity: 305

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 06:15:10 AM
Last edit: July 21, 2014, 06:30:29 AM by StealthDevs

What I'm looking for is the following:
1. PR guy/gal or developers interacting with the community each day of the week.
2. Promotion and advertising. Think reddit, Stealthcoin subreddit, Bitcointalk, twitter, major altcoin people, etc...
3. Hype creation with professionalism from the developers to back it up.
4. Making the coin as appealing as possible to larger investors.
5. Increasing the community size continuously for growth, promotion by word of mouth, etc...
6. This last one is completely optional, but many coins who had the developer reveal his identity increased greatly in value because the developer couldn't just run away with people's money or scam people.

Give us more development updates:
1. Even if nothing new has happen, we like to know you didn't die, end up in the hospital, abandon the coin, etc... A simple, "we are still working on this" is good enough for short developer bits of information in addition to other information.
2. Don't just tell us your hopes and dreams for the coin. Tell us what can be accomplished now in a reasonable amount of time.
3. Plan the development thoroughly but be ready for unforeseen roadblocks. Keep something new like a feature, contest, etc... in your developer test wallets for a rainy day to please the community and keep the value up.
4. More than one dev talking is always good.
5. Show us how active you are. Investors want active developers!
6. We can never have enough transparency!

Yes, these are all great suggestions. Probably the main reason for the low value is that the initial pump was killed by the Proof of Stake block validation problem where stake mints got rejected based on the PoW difficulty. Normally this wouldn't have been a problem, but the difficulty happened to be very high precisely as the very first stakes matured. We fixed the problem within 18 hours, but it did kill the pump.

The next pump was killed by yet another block validation issue. This time, some of the code that validates blocks worked fine in other coins but somehow caused Stealth to reject blocks only after a wallet restart. We fixed this problem within 12 hours, but that also killed a pump.

Both of these issues would probably never affect the price except for their perfect timing with pumps. Honestly, the dev team thought that Stealth would take maybe a week longer before it hit bittrex. I was personally troubled when I found that bittrex had added it after only 36 hours after launch. A few more days would have given us time to detect these bugs and fix them before the pump teams took over. All we can say is that we learned a lesson.

The addition to bittrex caused other problems as well, prompting most holders (miners) to move coins to the exchange, leaving the network empty of stake. Again, this was our miscalculation. Lesson learned. We are trying to correct this lesson by having competitions to get more stake on the network, but it seems that we have a dearth of participants and so the stake is still sparse, but building slowly.

Right now, it seems that we have a battle against trolls, profit takers, and panic sellers. None of whom have any interest in staking coins, which is the single most important thing any holder of XST can do at the moment. So, if you plan to hold long term, just try to split your holdings into maybe 20 to 100 different transactions and keep your wallet open and unlocked for minting all the time. We'll add a sleep period to the ThreadStakeMinter and this will help you to find blocks at intervals more helpful to the network.

Do we have a plan? Yes we have a plan. Yes we have a roadmap. No, we have no functional PR at the moment. But yes PR is in the plan. In terms of professionalism, we know that Stealth's bursting into the spotlight only to be plagued with connectivity problems does not seem professional. But this is an experimental coin introduced in a rapidly changing investment environment. The best functioning coins are those which are carbon copies of established coins. We choose to innovate with Stealth and so we expect some short term technical issues, the most problematic of which we have fixed quickly. Frankly, if these issues cause speculators to dump their coins, then it is of our opinion that their dumped coins will fall into hands more beneficial to Stealth Coin anyway.

So how will we address the synchronization issues reported by some? Well, from what we can guess, the synchronization problems fall into a couple of categories:

• Wallets picked up corrupted transactions during days 3 and 4 when Stealth had the block validation issues. To remove these corrupted transactions, it is best to try to use "salvagewallet" from the console. If that doesn't work, then it will be necessary to export the private keys and import them into a new wallet. Both of these operations require an unlocked wallet. The wallet may hang during the process unless the entry "stake=0" is added to StealthCoin.conf. After the wallet is salvaged (or the keys moved), the "stake=0" entry may be removed. It's a good idea to completely remove the blockchain and resync for this fix.
  • Connectivity issues can be traced to DNS and/or Tor port blocking by ISPs. Several posts mention using google DNS servers. Also, I plan to make the Tor port configurable with a "torport" configuration option. I will also make the default a port that most ISPs will not want to block (like one used by credit card transactions). These are planned changes that I'll put in within the next few days. (I'm still on retreat, so it is hard for me to make a wallet release).

But other than these fixes, there is nothing wrong with the wallet that I can detect. If you have problems, then pastebin your logfiles when reporting any issues. Recently, there were several newbie sockpuppet trolls complaining about syncing issues, but they posted no log files.

Finally, a big question is whether we are going to create a roadmap or whitepaper. Well, our whitepaper is the interview that was released earlier. That interview started as a bunch of honest questions during an informal chat. The questioner thought the discussion might make a good whitepaper or interview and offered to prepare one or both. In the end, we just decided to release the conversation as an interview because that seemed most natural.

So go read the interview to get an idea of our plans for privacy protection. A full implementation is a few weeks out (maybe 2-4). I've been so distracted by the launch, subsequent technical issues, and the staking problem (as well as internet issues here on retreat) that I haven't been able to work as much as I would like on the blockchain resistance. It's coming.

STEALTH | XST | stealth.org
copychicken

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

Pools Of Honor

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 06:58:54 AM

Isnt it possible creating a online site...with online stakeable wallets? It would be nice...every user having his wallet on a webpage..

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

copychicken

Activity: 784

Pools Of Honor

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 08:10:56 AM

This sync problems.. Remind me of vericoin at 500 satoshi...

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

boltz
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1198

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 08:39:53 AM

Isnt it possible creating a online site...with online stakeable wallets? It would be nice...every user having his wallet on a webpage..

Yea this would be nice...
Dev you must do something...this coin can't die...
When are we gonna replace the logo with the new one ?

███▄▀██▄▄
░░▄████▄▀████ ▄▄▄
░░████▄▄▄▄░░█▀▀
███ ██████▄▄▀█▌
░▄░░███▀████
░▐█░░███░██▄▄
░░▄▀░████▄▄▄▀█
░█░▄███▀████ ▐█
▀▄▄███▀▄██▄
░░▄██▌░░██▀
░▐█▀████ ▀██
░░█▌██████ ▀▀██▄
░░▀███
▄▄██▀▄███
▄▄▄████▀▄████▄░░
▀▀█░░▄▄▄▄████░░
▐█▀▄▄█████████
████▀███░░▄░
▄▄██░███░░█▌░
█▀▄▄▄████░▀▄░░
█▌████▀███▄░█░
▄██▄▀███▄▄▀
▀██░░▐██▄░░
██▀████▀█▌░
▄██▀▀██████▐█░░
███▀░░
WestOstrich

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 10:21:06 AM

Stealth Devs, have you ever considered that the people you are referring to as 'sock puppet trolls' are real people whose investment has tanked due to your incompetence and lack of business skills. Seriously.... The nerve of it....
radus

Activity: 154

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 11:36:20 AM

Stealth Devs, have you ever considered that the people you are referring to as 'sock puppet trolls' are real people whose investment has tanked due to their incompetence and lack of business skills. Seriously.... The nerve of it....

there... fixed it for you.

EmilioMann
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1028

#mitandopelomundo

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 01:03:18 PM

1. PR guy/gal or developers interacting with the community each day of the week.
2. Promotion and advertising. Think reddit, Stealthcoin subreddit, Bitcointalk, twitter, major altcoin people, etc...
5. Increasing the community size continuously for growth, promotion by word of mouth, etc...
6. This last one is completely optional, but many coins who had the developer reveal his identity increased greatly in value because the developer couldn't just run away with people's money or scam people.

1. Even if nothing new has happen, we like to know you didn't die, end up in the hospital, abandon the coin, etc... A simple, "we are still working on this" is good enough for short developer bits of information in addition to other information.
2. Don't just tell us your hopes and dreams for the coin. Tell us what can be accomplished now in a reasonable amount of time.
3. Plan the development thoroughly but be ready for unforeseen roadblocks. Keep something new like a feature, contest, etc... in your developer test wallets for a rainy day to please the community and keep the value up.

Yes, these are all great suggestions. Probably the main reason for the low value is that the initial pump was killed by the Proof of Stake block validation problem where stake mints got rejected based on the PoW difficulty. Normally this wouldn't have been a problem, but the difficulty happened to be very high precisely as the very first stakes matured. We fixed the problem within 18 hours, but it did kill the pump.

The next pump was killed by yet another block validation issue. This time, some of the code that validates blocks worked fine in other coins but somehow caused Stealth to reject blocks only after a wallet restart. We fixed this problem within 12 hours, but that also killed a pump.

Both of these issues would probably never affect the price except for their perfect timing with pumps. Honestly, the dev team thought that Stealth would take maybe a week longer before it hit bittrex. I was personally troubled when I found that bittrex had added it after only 36 hours after launch. A few more days would have given us time to detect these bugs and fix them before the pump teams took over. All we can say is that we learned a lesson.

The addition to bittrex caused other problems as well, prompting most holders (miners) to move coins to the exchange, leaving the network empty of stake. Again, this was our miscalculation. Lesson learned. We are trying to correct this lesson by having competitions to get more stake on the network, but it seems that we have a dearth of participants and so the stake is still sparse, but building slowly.

Right now, it seems that we have a battle against trolls, profit takers, and panic sellers. None of whom have any interest in staking coins, which is the single most important thing any holder of XST can do at the moment. So, if you plan to hold long term, just try to split your holdings into maybe 20 to 100 different transactions and keep your wallet open and unlocked for minting all the time. We'll add a sleep period to the ThreadStakeMinter and this will help you to find blocks at intervals more helpful to the network.

Do we have a plan? Yes we have a plan. Yes we have a roadmap. No, we have no functional PR at the moment. But yes PR is in the plan. In terms of professionalism, we know that Stealth's bursting into the spotlight only to be plagued with connectivity problems does not seem professional. But this is an experimental coin introduced in a rapidly changing investment environment. The best functioning coins are those which are carbon copies of established coins. We choose to innovate with Stealth and so we expect some short term technical issues, the most problematic of which we have fixed quickly. Frankly, if these issues cause speculators to dump their coins, then it is of our opinion that their dumped coins will fall into hands more beneficial to Stealth Coin anyway.

So how will we address the synchronization issues reported by some? Well, from what we can guess, the synchronization problems fall into a couple of categories:

• Wallets picked up corrupted transactions during days 3 and 4 when Stealth had the block validation issues. To remove these corrupted transactions, it is best to try to use "salvagewallet" from the console. If that doesn't work, then it will be necessary to export the private keys and import them into a new wallet. Both of these operations require an unlocked wallet. The wallet may hang during the process unless the entry "stake=0" is added to StealthCoin.conf. After the wallet is salvaged (or the keys moved), the "stake=0" entry may be removed. It's a good idea to completely remove the blockchain and resync for this fix.
  • Connectivity issues can be traced to DNS and/or Tor port blocking by ISPs. Several posts mention using google DNS servers. Also, I plan to make the Tor port configurable with a "torport" configuration option. I will also make the default a port that most ISPs will not want to block (like one used by credit card transactions). These are planned changes that I'll put in within the next few days. (I'm still on retreat, so it is hard for me to make a wallet release).

But other than these fixes, there is nothing wrong with the wallet that I can detect. If you have problems, then pastebin your logfiles when reporting any issues. Recently, there were several newbie sockpuppet trolls complaining about syncing issues, but they posted no log files.

Finally, a big question is whether we are going to create a roadmap or whitepaper. Well, our whitepaper is the interview that was released earlier. That interview started as a bunch of honest questions during an informal chat. The questioner thought the discussion might make a good whitepaper or interview and offered to prepare one or both. In the end, we just decided to release the conversation as an interview because that seemed most natural.

So go read the interview to get an idea of our plans for privacy protection. A full implementation is a few weeks out (maybe 2-4). I've been so distracted by the launch, subsequent technical issues, and the staking problem (as well as internet issues here on retreat) that I haven't been able to work as much as I would like on the blockchain resistance. It's coming.

Thanks Hondo!
deadliftbrah

Activity: 272
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 01:09:27 PM

This thread needs some lulz and patience...

https://imgflip.com/i/ahd90

In addition, bitcoin went through many screwups:

http://www.coindesk.com/9-biggest-screwups-bitcoin-history/
ProGamer

Activity: 322

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 01:14:51 PM

Thank you for the reply!
mrdennis86

Activity: 126

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 01:34:43 PM

+1 Thanks for respone!

All my XST coins are stolen Sad feel free to donate some XST to RzPMCaQxjxCNCyw2eiYsLqU2MWe45vFfLU I really appreciate that!
EmilioMann
Legendary

#mitandopelomundo

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 02:15:42 PM

LOL very nice!  Grin
BTCwriter
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 02:22:19 PM

LOL very nice!  Grin

1. That hard drive is never coming back

Of course the award for all time greatest bitcoin fail has to go to James Howells from Wales, who sent £4.2 million to the landfill when he chucked out a hard drive containing the private keys for 7,500 bitcoin.

Coming just a month after the news that Norwegian PhD student Kristoffer Koch had bought himself a house after discovering an old hard drive with 5,000 bitcoin on it (which he paid only $27 for in 2009), James Howells’ landfill story felt especially painful.

Just WOW. Story like this is just too crazy, $27 turning to $3,000,000 or $6,000,000 at high
deadliftbrah

Activity: 272

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 02:30:52 PM

LOL very nice!  Grin

1. That hard drive is never coming back

Of course the award for all time greatest bitcoin fail has to go to James Howells from Wales, who sent £4.2 million to the landfill when he chucked out a hard drive containing the private keys for 7,500 bitcoin.

Coming just a month after the news that Norwegian PhD student Kristoffer Koch had bought himself a house after discovering an old hard drive with 5,000 bitcoin on it (which he paid only $27 for in 2009), James Howells’ landfill story felt especially painful.

Just WOW. Story like this is just too crazy, $27 turning to $3,000,000 or $6,000,000 at high

It would drive you insane for the rest of your life!

This is also painful to read...

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/History

"October 5    Exchange rates published by New Liberty Standard. $1 = 1,309.03 BTC (and theymos thought NLS was overcharging[3])"

mrdennis86

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 03:33:01 PM

Ahhh.. some smart huy buy very cheap now! And a lot!

All my XST coins are stolen Sad feel free to donate some XST to RzPMCaQxjxCNCyw2eiYsLqU2MWe45vFfLU I really appreciate that!
EmilioMann
Legendary

#mitandopelomundo

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 03:36:41 PM
Last edit: July 21, 2014, 05:35:07 PM by EmilioMann

Yea this would be nice...
Dev you must do something...this coin can't die...
When are we gonna replace the logo with the new one ?

This!
Replace the logo quickly is very important!
The actual logo has a very amateur design and not transmit professionalism and credibility.
mrdennis86

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 03:38:03 PM

small #XST article coming up on http://CryptoArticles.com  made by jdebunt!

iram3130
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1010

ITSMYNE 🚀 Talk NFTs, Trade NFTs 🚀

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 04:14:46 PM

small #XST article coming up on http://CryptoArticles.com  made by jdebunt!

Jdebunt is good article writer for altcons, I always like to read his opinion about coin.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███   

██████████

██████   

███████████

███████████████   

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
Steathmode

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 05:40:29 PM

Hello Guys, i'm a fan of stealthcoin and i'm sending/receiving a lot of coins to support the network.
Also a lot of coins in my wallet, hopefully they will stake. My wallet is not always in sync. Is that why it doesn't stake? I'm unlocked.
I do not know a lot of cryptocurrency, but i really think this coin has a future!!!Nice new Logo by the way!
Pages: « 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 [91] 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 ... 499 »
  Print  

Jump to: