Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 06:11:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 [131] 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 ... 499 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XST] Stealth-Coin.com | Tor | StealthText, World's first anonymous SMS Tx!  (Read 748500 times)
grndnpnd

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2014, 04:48:11 PM

It will be tomorow release Stealthsend whitepaper and explanation of stealth technology? Or is there any delay for that news,i`m really waiting for explanation,coz im not understanding this very well.thanks

StealthSend is still on target to be released at the end of September. To protect our IP, we are pushing back the whitepaper to about 5 days before that time.

We are working on wallet enhancements and some mobile sending technology to bridge the gap. We'll hopefully have an announcement about these developments in a few days.

OMG! 7 August was the date for whitepaper release! I dump now!

So basically if you read what he wrote the concern is that if they publish the whitepaper before development is further along other coins will attempt to beat them to market. This whole OMG you must publish a white paper BS is driving me nuts half you trolls dont even read it let alone understand it you just want to see it.  As we have already seen in the last month XST has been a target for copy cats some just taking code base and adding to it some just blatantly ripping it of website and all. The last thing that XST needs is to prematurely reveal how they are making stealthsend and have one of the copy cats beat them to market with it. Most companies try at all cost to avoid  competition and keep big plays like the game changer stealthsend is going to be very close to the vest. I personally applaud the teams effort to protect my investment and i am waiting patiently.

Hash Advisor exclusive Cryptsy vote exploit mining

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Cesare1985

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 05:16:33 PM

The dev must also protect who invest in the coin. It is not wright postpone the whitepaper release.
I reccomend to dump.
EmilioMann
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1028

#mitandopelomundo

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 05:35:19 PM

The dev must also protect who invest in the coin. It is not wright postpone the whitepaper release.
I reccomend to dump.

LOL
yes! dump to me, babes
LOL
TrekRider

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 05:38:39 PM

It is not wright

Are you referring to the pioneers of flight?
Cesare1985

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 05:48:29 PM

It will be tomorow release Stealthsend whitepaper and explanation of stealth technology? Or is there any delay for that news,i`m really waiting for explanation,coz im not understanding this very well.thanks

StealthSend is still on target to be released at the end of September. To protect our IP, we are pushing back the whitepaper to about 5 days before that time.

We are working on wallet enhancements and some mobile sending technology to bridge the gap. We'll hopefully have an announcement about these developments in a few days.

Ehi, I'm sorry. This is huge. I want rebuy!!! There is an announcement in few days? I'm so stupid!  Undecided
BTCwriter
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 05:48:35 PM

I like how the team tried to confused pumpers/dumpers get rich quick morons everytime. Love it.

No confusion was intended, nor should their be any surprise. We discussed this decision with the community, openly.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=681725.msg8161397#msg8161397

Oh, I didn't see this. very good strategy. I have no clue and no strategy in this game  Grin

ChrisLandin, "I personally don't have an issue with releasing the white paper so long as Stealthsend is still on time to be released.
I get what your saying regards letting the competition see your plans early and copying."

I agree with him. also, please no open source for now? Thanks
objectofawareness

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 06:04:38 PM

I'm just going to play devil's advocate here for a second, but before I do, I just want to state that I've been with XST from the beginning and I really want to believe in this project. I'm not trying to spread FUD...take it as you will.

When the coin first came out, the lead dev went away for ten days to work on the anon feature, which due to certain circumstances (bad internet connection ect...) was unable to do so.

So now it's going to take two months? It went from ten days to two months?

I understand waiting to release the whitepaper, due to copycats, but I have to play devil's advocate and wonder if there is such a thing as StealthSend or are the devs just giving themselves enough time to figure out a plan.

Again, I'm not trying to spread FUD but I think it's okay to ask questions and show concerns. I don't plan on getting rid of my XST anytime soon.

sibcurrency

Activity: 91

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 06:27:34 PM

LOL
someone bought my btc support  Tongue thanx for another 500k coins guys
who'll dump next? I need more coins  Grin

[XST] Stealth-Coin.com | Tor | StealthSend, World's first anonymous SMS
Koontas

Activity: 784
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 06:33:40 PM

I'm just going to play devil's advocate here for a second, but before I do, I just want to state that I've been with XST from the beginning and I really want to believe in this project. I'm not trying to spread FUD...take it as you will.

When the coin first came out, the lead dev went away for ten days to work on the anon feature, which due to certain circumstances (bad internet connection ect...) was unable to do so.

I understand waiting to release the whitepaper, due to copycats, but I have to play devil's advocate and wonder if there is such a thing as StealthSend or are the devs just giving themselves enough time to figure out a plan.

Again, I'm not trying to spread FUD but I think it's okay to ask questions and show concerns. I don't plan on getting rid of my XST anytime soon.

I will speak to Hondo and see if there's more info that can be provided.  As many have stated, with the amount of cloning and coins blatantly pulling every update we've made the choice to not reveal too much information is critical to the success of StealthSend.  

Please, feel free to ask any questions you have.  If one person is unsure or has questions, others may as well so it's good to put it out in the open.

Don't trust any exchange!
StealthSend

Activity: 85

Because privacy is a basic human right.

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2014, 06:36:39 PM
Last edit: August 06, 2014, 06:54:06 PM by StealthSend

These are great points. First let me say that I had absolutely no chance to work on that retreat because I couldn't get an internet connection most of the time. I couldn't even fix the syncronization problems with StealthCoin during that period. You'll notice that the day I got back to civilization, things started to improve. Since then, the StealthCoin network quickly became the healthiest network on bittrex and StealthCoin has consistently been in the coinmarketcap top 100.

Changing the plan for StealthSend was completely my idea based on what we wanted StealthSend to be and on the fact that I lost 10 days during the retreat. We've gone through three plans for StealthSend, each more ambitious than the previous. The first plan was to do a centralized mixer, but that idea was scrapped pretty quickly because mixing does not provide trustless cryptographic anonymity.

The second plan was cryptographic in nature, but we decided the problem of blockchain bloat would be crippling after a year or two. I personally investigated this problem of bloat for about one week until I found a solution in the cryptography literature, using a signature system that has only been outlined as a protocol and theoretical proofs. In other words, there is no implementation of the signature system we are going to use for StealthSend. I could show our hand by citing the paper here or even revealing the first author, but that's going to wait for the white paper.

But I believe I can say the following without revealing too much. I'll compare the StealthSend signature system to Cryptonote signatures, which is the only true cryptographic anonymity for cryptocurrencies presently available. A cryptonote signature of 100 keys means that a particular transaction only has a 1% chance of belonging to any one of the addresses in the ring (1/100 = 1%). However, the ring signature for a transaction of 100 keys requires about 64 kb of block chain storage. The StealthSend signature system provides the same level of cryptographic security (1% chance of ownership for the sender) but needs only 1/15th to 1/10th the the space (4 to 6.5 kb). That's a HUGE savings and has serious implications for the long term viability of a coin. Bear in mind that the theory of our signature system is fully supported by peer review and has been published in a reputable journal.

But why will implementing our signature system take so long? Well, there won't be much code in implementing the signature system, but the challenge is in determining what that code should be from the theoretical description of the protocol. That takes time, understanding, and testing. Two months is probably on the short side, but I believe I can do it.

In the mean time, we have been working on a mobile sending technology that I'm really excited about. But we plan to release details in a few days. This technology is no where near as difficult to implement as the new signature system. It's also completely practical. In my opinion, it's a far better mobile technology than other teams have offered.

We'll keep you posted.

--Hondo
EmilioMann
Legendary

#mitandopelomundo

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 07:12:27 PM

i really think this coin will make me a millionaire  Cool
objectofawareness

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 07:48:31 PM

These are great points. First let me say that I had absolutely no chance to work on that retreat because I couldn't get an internet connection most of the time. I couldn't even fix the syncronization problems with StealthCoin during that period. You'll notice that the day I got back to civilization, things started to improve. Since then, the StealthCoin network quickly became the healthiest network on bittrex and StealthCoin has consistently been in the coinmarketcap top 100.

Changing the plan for StealthSend was completely my idea based on what we wanted StealthSend to be and on the fact that I lost 10 days during the retreat. We've gone through three plans for StealthSend, each more ambitious than the previous. The first plan was to do a centralized mixer, but that idea was scrapped pretty quickly because mixing does not provide trustless cryptographic anonymity.

The second plan was cryptographic in nature, but we decided the problem of blockchain bloat would be crippling after a year or two. I personally investigated this problem of bloat for about one week until I found a solution in the cryptography literature, using a signature system that has only been outlined as a protocol and theoretical proofs. In other words, there is no implementation of the signature system we are going to use for StealthSend. I could show our hand by citing the paper here or even revealing the first author, but that's going to wait for the white paper.

But I believe I can say the following without revealing too much. I'll compare the StealthSend signature system to Cryptonote signatures, which is the only true cryptographic anonymity for cryptocurrencies presently available. A cryptonote signature of 100 keys means that a particular transaction only has a 1% chance of belonging to any one of the addresses in the ring (1/100 = 1%). However, the ring signature for a transaction of 100 keys requires about 64 kb of block chain storage. The StealthSend signature system provides the same level of cryptographic security (1% chance of ownership for the sender) but needs only 1/15th to 1/10th the the space (4 to 6.5 kb). That's a HUGE savings and has serious implications for the long term viability of a coin. Bear in mind that the theory of our signature system is fully supported by peer review and has been published in a reputable journal.

But why will implementing our signature system take so long? Well, there won't be much code in implementing the signature system, but the challenge is in determining what that code should be from the theoretical description of the protocol. That takes time, understanding, and testing. Two months is probably on the short side, but I believe I can do it.

In the mean time, we have been working on a mobile sending technology that I'm really excited about. But we plan to release details in a few days. This technology is no where near as difficult to implement as the new signature system. It's also completely practical. In my opinion, it's a far better mobile technology than other teams have offered.

We'll keep you posted.

--Hondo

Thank you for taking the time to respond!

The devs here seem to be more forthcoming and transparent than I've seen with a lot of other coins. There's an eye on the long-term and a true desire to make the best anonymous coin that has come out thus far.

I'd rather be a part of something that has a long-term effect and something with utility.

These are the reasons that I will be sticking with XST!

Keep up the good work!

gustopaz

Activity: 417

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 09:26:00 PM

i really think this coin will make me a millionaire  Cool
+ Cheesy
prix

Activity: 750
Merit: 511

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 02:02:09 AM

These are great points. ...
--Hondo

Thanks for the detailed answer, Hondo.
ereborltc

Activity: 966
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 10:43:21 AM

i like the realistic goals and i love this new feature coming soon! great innovation goals and honest dev! I'm in! lets bring this baby to 20-30k!!

Legendary / Hero Member

█████
█████   ▄▄██████▄▄
█████▄██████████████▄▄
██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
███████▀  ▄▄██▄▄  ▀█████▄
██████   ██▀  ▀██   █████
█████▌   ██▄▄▄
█████▌    ▀▀▀███▄
 █████   ██▄  ▄██   █████
 ▀█████▄  ▀▀██▀▀  ▄█████▀
  ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀██████████████▀▀
        ▀▀██████▀▀

.BILLSCASH.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
.Decentralized Microtask Platform on the Blockchain.
.With Encrypted User to User Messages.
  ───────
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
Twitter
Facebook
Reddit

LinkedIn
Github
iram3130
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1010

ITSMYNE 🚀 Talk NFTs, Trade NFTs 🚀

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 10:46:02 AM

We'll keep you posted.

--Hondo

Thanks Hondo, you gave answer in details, now I am sure some FUD's will go from this thread to another to FUD's.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███   

██████████

██████   

███████████

███████████████   

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
BrianM

Activity: 546
Merit: 510

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 10:56:07 AM

It cannot be done with the with the weeeed that is on the three. Because of the flag in the flagpole. Not sure what I am trying to say here, maybe sleep is the right time.
EmilioMann
Legendary

#mitandopelomundo

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 02:13:31 PM

It cannot be done with the with the weeeed that is on the three. Because of the flag in the flagpole. Not sure what I am trying to say here, maybe sleep is the right time.

Huh Huh Huh
statdude
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 03:56:30 PM

Voting Update:
8/7
HitBTC 66 +2
Cryptsy 107 +1
BTC38 56 +2

Keep voting guys!

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
█ ███████████████████████ █
█ █████     █ ▀██████████ █
█ █████     █   ▀████████ █
█ █████  ██ █     ▀██████ █

█ █████  ▀▀ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█ █████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █████ █
█ █████             █████ █
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
  Website
    Twitter
      Gitlab
      Reddit
    Telegram
Whitepaper
  ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
█ ███▄    ███████▀   ▄███ █
█ ████▌    █████▀    ████ █
█ ████▌     ███▀     ████ █
█ ████▌▐█    █▀ █    ████ █
█ ████▌▐██     ██    ████ █
█ ████▌▐███   ███    ████ █
█ ███▀  ▀███ ███▀    ▀███ █
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
EmilioMann
Legendary

#mitandopelomundo

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 06:11:15 PM

Voting Update:
8/7
HitBTC 66 +2
Cryptsy 107 +1
BTC38 56 +2

Keep voting guys!

I'll request to poloniex e c-cex too
Pages: « 1 ... 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 [131] 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 ... 499 »
  Print  

Jump to: