Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:17:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] MoneroX - A cross platform graphical account manager for Monero  (Read 88591 times)
Jojatekok (OP)

Activity: 264
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 09:39:20 AM

bumppp  Grin

It's been a few days now that Monero-X wont start anymore.

It's crashing with

Code:
Unhandled Exception:
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Runtime, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies.
File name: 'System.Runtime, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a'
[ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Runtime, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies.
File name: 'System.Runtime, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a'

System is Linux Mint 17.1

It had been working well before. Any hint on what could be provoking this?

Thanks!

I know about it and guess it will be fixed in the next release. Until then, try inserting the following lines into MoneroGui.Net.exe.config:

Code:
      <dependentAssembly>
        <assemblyIdentity name="System.Runtime" publicKeyToken="b03f5f7f11d50a3a" culture="neutral" />
        <bindingRedirect oldVersion="0.0.0.0-2.6.10.0" newVersion="2.6.10.0" />
      </dependentAssembly>
      <dependentAssembly>
        <assemblyIdentity name="System.Threading.Tasks" publicKeyToken="b03f5f7f11d50a3a" culture="neutral" />
        <bindingRedirect oldVersion="0.0.0.0-2.6.10.0" newVersion="2.6.10.0" />
      </dependentAssembly>

Code:
Monero  (XMR): 47hK4gehaMrFTQCiV5FEmM54hpqTrdHudb9nUBG88NicBDpxH4TGuh3TmW84Dc6dpMiEiBLGvJCuT3xC3LNHctmx7mG8NLM
Bitcoin (BTC): 14wHehBtFt321WTV15khon8Juaxh9drnfJ

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
PolarBear

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 07:12:37 AM

Works great! Any updates?  Grin
ibuyltc

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 12:08:26 AM

It would be nice to see an updated working wallet.  MoneroX crashes before loading on Mac.
Jojatekok (OP)

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 04:31:13 PM

I am currently having some extremely important exams done in real life, so programming has to be suspended until they end. Hopefully, I'll have more time to work on programming projects thoughout the summer, from mid-june.

Code:
Monero  (XMR): 47hK4gehaMrFTQCiV5FEmM54hpqTrdHudb9nUBG88NicBDpxH4TGuh3TmW84Dc6dpMiEiBLGvJCuT3xC3LNHctmx7mG8NLM
macsga
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1002

Strange, yet attractive.

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 12:31:00 PM

I am currently having some extremely important exams done in real life, so programming has to be suspended until they end. Hopefully, I'll have more time to work on programming projects thoughout the summer, from mid-june.

Good luck with your exams and thank you for the frontend client. Saved me from programming something like that myself. Smiley

Chaos could be a form of intelligence we cannot yet understand its complexity.
Jojatekok (OP)

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 03:13:10 PM

Woohooooo! I'm finally done with my exams for this year! Smiley
(And they also went surprisingly well Wink)

To celebrate together, I'm releasing MoneroX v1.2.2 with little but important fixes:

• Fixed a binding redirection issue
  • Improved the termination logic of core processes

Also, notice that this version was built using a script, thus, making the deployment process faster.

Code:
mmortal03
Legendary

Activity: 1762
Merit: 1010

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 02:10:24 AM

To celebrate together, I'm releasing MoneroX v1.2.2 with little but important fixes:

Also, notice that this version was built using a script, thus, making the deployment process faster.

Thanks for this update! Unfortunately, I've just tested it with the database-compatible bitmonerod.exe that I compiled myself on Windows, and now I see *both* MoneroX and bitmonerod.exe remaining in the background after closing MoneroX. Usually, MoneroX would close, leaving the bitmonerod.exe process there. Now *both* are remaining in the background. After force closing the MoneroX process, bitmonerod.exe did close, so at least there's evidence that it's responding to MoneroX in such a way. It's getting there. It must need one additional tweak somewhere.

Also, I noticed that this build doesn't have the MoneroX icon on the executable.
Jojatekok (OP)

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 10:04:26 AM

Thanks for this update! Unfortunately, I've just tested it with the database-compatible bitmonerod.exe that I compiled myself on Windows, and now I see *both* MoneroX and bitmonerod.exe remaining in the background after closing MoneroX. Usually, MoneroX would close, leaving the bitmonerod.exe process there. Now *both* are remaining in the background. After force closing the MoneroX process, bitmonerod.exe did close, so at least there's evidence that it's responding to MoneroX in such a way. It's getting there. It must need one additional tweak somewhere.

Also, I noticed that this build doesn't have the MoneroX icon on the executable.

You must wait for MoneroGui.Net.exe to close: It remains open because it's waiting for bitmonerod.exe to terminate and will only shut down after the daemon process gets stopped (try killing bitmonerod.exe manually after closing MoneroX, MoneroGui.Net.exe should close). The icon failure is because every bundle was built on Ubuntu. I may re-compile MoneroGui.Net.exe on Windows, so it will have an icon. Smiley

Code:
mmortal03
Legendary

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 10:55:01 AM

You must wait for MoneroGui.Net.exe to close: It remains open because it's waiting for bitmonerod.exe to terminate and will only shut down after the daemon process gets stopped (try killing bitmonerod.exe manually after closing MoneroX, MoneroGui.Net.exe should close). The icon failure is because every bundle was built on Ubuntu. I may re-compile MoneroGui.Net.exe on Windows, so it will have an icon. Smiley

Same problem, as usual. I've sent stop_daemon and/or exit commands to bitmonerod.exe, but these have no effect.
Jojatekok (OP)

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 06:20:30 PM

Same problem, as usual. I've sent stop_daemon and/or exit commands to bitmonerod.exe, but these have no effect.

Could you try the following in order, please?

• Close MoneroX normally
  • After MoneroX's window disappears, open the task manager
  • Kill bitmonerod.exe
  • Wait (2 minutes at most) for MoneroGui.Net.exe to close

Does MoneroGui.Net.exe close itself after waiting? If so, the error is related to the instability of bitmonerod's RPC service.

Code:
mmortal03
Legendary

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 07:08:56 PM

Could you try the following in order, please?

• Close MoneroX normally
  • After MoneroX's window disappears, open the task manager
  • Kill bitmonerod.exe
  • Wait (2 minutes at most) for MoneroGui.Net.exe to close

Does MoneroGui.Net.exe close itself after waiting? If so, the error is related to the instability of bitmonerod's RPC service.

Either way works. If I kill MoneroX, bitmonerod.exe closes. If I kill bitmonerod.exe, MoneroX closes.
k99

Activity: 346
Merit: 255

Manfred Karrer

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2015, 02:25:10 PM

Can you pack mono framework into the binary? On Java thats not a big issue, hope thats possible in .NET as well.
I simply don't want to install a windows framework on my mac used just in one application, sorry. On mac you also should have a developer certificate to sign the binary otherwise users who have the standard security settings are not able to open it (need to deactivate security settings in preferences). I had the same issue with Bitsquare and hated it to pay 100 bucks to Apple just to get rid of that annoying lock (the Windows code signing certificate is even more expensive).

https://bisq.network  |  GPG Key: 6A6B2C46
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 4891

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 02:35:39 PM

MoneroGui.Net-v1.2.2-Windows-x64.zip

Send Coins window does not size correctly and does a refresh dance, manually sizing window horizontally to a larger size stops this bug. Resolution 1440X900

Where is a Import from MyMonero.com Tutorial? It would be nice If there was a addition to the initial popup that had a import option.

BTW looking much better than the first time I checke3d this project out. Good work. Smiley

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
novag

Activity: 687
Merit: 500

novag

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2015, 08:51:22 PM

Trying to send 20 coins, insert address and id, mix 3 times, and the program is closed when you press send? Where is the mistake? version 1.2.2.

Donate for the support of a new Martial arts Style - Aikivindo = Aikido + Wing-Chun (in Ukraine) 5168757318423326 PrivatBank.
http://aikivindo.com.ua
BTC:1DpRaQjdVmrkSopRV8p9RdwvBMWNA9faCS
macsga
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1002

Strange, yet attractive.

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 09:16:58 PM

Trying to send 20 coins, insert address and id, mix 3 times, and the program is closed when you press send? Where is the mistake? version 1.2.2.

There was an update to the binaries which incorporates several critical changes to the main program. You can learn more here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=652305.msg12057526#msg12057526

and ask around for how to compile a new binary (or entrust someone who done it for you)... I'm not claiming this will solve your problem, but you can give it a try.

Chaos could be a form of intelligence we cannot yet understand its complexity.
mmortal03
Legendary

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 11:18:46 PM

There was an update to the binaries which incorporates several critical changes to the main program. You can learn more here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=652305.msg12057526#msg12057526

and ask around for how to compile a new binary (or entrust someone who done it for you)... I'm not claiming this will solve your problem, but you can give it a try.

I just compiled new binaries on Windows, and MoneroX doesn't seem to work with them. It doesn't even load them. There were bugs with using the latest binaries with MoneroX that I found back in May, but at least MoneroX was able to load them and use them.
Jojatekok (OP)

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 06:41:35 AM

Hello everyone, sorry for being so speechless in the past months. I'm writing to tell that I have no more time to focus on the development of MoneroX. Although this is the best project I ever made, I decided to discontinue it and move on to develop something else.

I sincerely love Monero as a cryptocurrency, and the community behind it: this is especially true for the people who were reporting bugs and suggesting new features to be added to MoneroX. As I'll be turning 18 this year, I will have tons of more important things to do regarding school, thus, I may only have the chance to work on one project at a time. I have already learnt a lot about software development, and decided that I should finally start working on a project which - if successful - I would release under my real name. (I haven't yet made any significant work under my own name.)

Hopefully, I will have time to occasionally check what's going on with this awesome digital currency. I will never forget the people who are/were supporting Monero and my project. Thank you for the kind comments and donations, and I wish you all the best! Smiley

Code:
wedgy2k

Activity: 329
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 07:20:10 AM

Hello everyone, sorry for being so speechless in the past months. I'm writing to tell that I have no more time to focus on the development of MoneroX. Although this is the best project I ever made, I decided to discontinue it and move on to develop something else.

I sincerely love Monero as a cryptocurrency, and the community behind it: this is especially true for the people who were reporting bugs and suggesting new features to be added to MoneroX. As I'll be turning 18 this year, I will have tons of more important things to do regarding school, thus, I may only have the chance to work on one project at a time. I have already learnt a lot about software development, and decided that I should finally start working on a project which - if successful - I would release under my real name. (I haven't yet made any significant work under my own name.)

Hopefully, I will have time to occasionally check what's going on with this awesome digital currency. I will never forget the people who are/were supporting Monero and my project. Thank you for the kind comments and donations, and I wish you all the best! Smiley

Best wishes and thank you for your efforts   Grin

Shrikez

Activity: 399
Merit: 263

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 09:58:30 AM

Thank you for your work!

Are there plans for someone else to take over? Else it should probably be removed off the wallet section at getmonero.org until someone is willing to develop and maintain it. Lest we add more confusion...

Die Würde des Menschen ist unantastbar
Jojatekok (OP)

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 10:27:26 AM

Thank you for your work!

Are there plans for someone else to take over? Else it should probably be removed off the wallet section at getmonero.org until someone is willing to develop and maintain it. Lest we add more confusion...

I would be very happy if a .NET developer could take over the project. If someone gets familiar enough with the code, I'll grant him/her commit access to Jojatekok/MoneroGui.Net on GitHub.

I propose a coding challenge of integrating the XMR.TO service into MoneroX. I already made an API wrapper for the service: you just have to implement its functionality into MoneroX in the fanciest way possible. The person who submits the best pull request to Jojatekok/MoneroGui.Net with XMR.TO integration gets collaborator access to MoneroX on GitHub.

Code:
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: