Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 03:38:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] MoneroX - A cross platform graphical account manager for Monero  (Read 88592 times)
ALToids

Activity: 519
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 07:33:09 AM

Well I ran into a problem last night and am working with Poloniex on trying to find out the issue.  I sent an XMR payment of 1.0 XMR (including 0.001 fee) and I included the required payment ID.  Poloniex says it didn't arrive in their wallet and on the blockchain there in no payment ID.

This is my transaction has:
http://monerochain.info/tx/ee635cbdbcaa1634867cdc6bd63003f9ef08032b106e11d8fd40c09d10561f18

Here is a screenshot showing the send:

Any ideas what is going on?  I manually reduced the default fee from 0.005 to 0.001 and was just curious to see what would happen - did that mess something up?

Currently, the specification does not allow fees lower than 0.005, but to avoid confusion, I'll make it a minimum in the next release.

I also did this by curiosity, and suggest that you should re-index your wallet in the following way:
  • Make sure you have a backup of all your wallet files, just in case...
  • Close Monero Client
  • In the wallet data folder, delete the 'wallet.bin' file (but keep the '.keys', and if exists, the '.address.txt' file)
  • Restart Monero Client, and wait about 20 or 30 minutes until simplewallet re-indexes your wallet and makes it usable again. Before closing the client, make sure that wallet ('.bin' file) autosave has happened.

I deleted the bin file, relaunched it and it only took a couple minutes to reindex it (i7 laptop & SSD).  It still shows the 1.0 transaction in my history but it looks like my wallet has the correct amount now.  Is there anything I should be worried about with those 1.0 coins?  Was it a failed send?

I'll leave it at the default send fee from now on, but we should probably post a warning or make it minimum as you noted.
Jojatekok (OP)

Activity: 264
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 01:44:00 PM

Well I ran into a problem last night and am working with Poloniex on trying to find out the issue.  I sent an XMR payment of 1.0 XMR (including 0.001 fee) and I included the required payment ID.  Poloniex says it didn't arrive in their wallet and on the blockchain there in no payment ID.

This is my transaction has:
http://monerochain.info/tx/ee635cbdbcaa1634867cdc6bd63003f9ef08032b106e11d8fd40c09d10561f18

Here is a screenshot showing the send:

Any ideas what is going on?  I manually reduced the default fee from 0.005 to 0.001 and was just curious to see what would happen - did that mess something up?

Currently, the specification does not allow fees lower than 0.005, but to avoid confusion, I'll make it a minimum in the next release.

I also did this by curiosity, and suggest that you should re-index your wallet in the following way:
  • Make sure you have a backup of all your wallet files, just in case...
  • Close Monero Client
  • In the wallet data folder, delete the 'wallet.bin' file (but keep the '.keys', and if exists, the '.address.txt' file)
  • Restart Monero Client, and wait about 20 or 30 minutes until simplewallet re-indexes your wallet and makes it usable again. Before closing the client, make sure that wallet ('.bin' file) autosave has happened.

I deleted the bin file, relaunched it and it only took a couple minutes to reindex it (i7 laptop & SSD).  It still shows the 1.0 transaction in my history but it looks like my wallet has the correct amount now.  Is there anything I should be worried about with those 1.0 coins?  Was it a failed send?

I'll leave it at the default send fee from now on, but we should probably post a warning or make it minimum as you noted.

Well, you should retry reindexing it in 3 or 4 days if that matters, so the invalid TX can fall out of the mempool, and will be credited to your account again.

Code:
Monero  (XMR): 47hK4gehaMrFTQCiV5FEmM54hpqTrdHudb9nUBG88NicBDpxH4TGuh3TmW84Dc6dpMiEiBLGvJCuT3xC3LNHctmx7mG8NLM
Bitcoin (BTC): 14wHehBtFt321WTV15khon8Juaxh9drnfJ
dpcoinz

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 07:57:15 PM

Like the client so far.  Is there anyway to speed up the client startup?  bitmonerod starts and syncs fairly quickly,
but simplewallet always takes forever to finish syncing.  Is there a way to speed up the simplewallet startup?
I found lots of things about speeding up bitmonerod startup, but not simplewallet.
statdude
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 02:30:58 AM

Wallet seems to be working well but how come the incoming and outgoing transactions are showing up as the same.

I do notice this issue as well.

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
█ ███████████████████████ █
█ █████     █ ▀██████████ █
█ █████     █   ▀████████ █
█ █████  ██ █     ▀██████ █

█ █████  ▀▀ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█ █████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █████ █
█ █████             █████ █
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
  Website
    Twitter
      Gitlab
      Reddit
    Telegram
Whitepaper
  ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
█ ███▄    ███████▀   ▄███ █
█ ████▌    █████▀    ████ █
█ ████▌     ███▀     ████ █
█ ████▌▐█    █▀ █    ████ █
█ ████▌▐██     ██    ████ █
█ ████▌▐███   ███    ████ █
█ ███▀  ▀███ ███▀    ▀███ █
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
Jojatekok (OP)

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 07:57:22 AM

Monero Client .NET v0.37.0 has been released!
Download it from here!

• Added auto-update (executing in the background)
  • Added a minimum value of 0.005 for the transaction fee
  • Made the icon look smoother
  • Fixed a value conversion bug

I'll be on a 3-week vacation from next Wednesday, so please report all the bugs (if there are any Wink) as soon as possible! Smiley

Like the client so far.  Is there anyway to speed up the client startup?  bitmonerod starts and syncs fairly quickly,
but simplewallet always takes forever to finish syncing.  Is there a way to speed up the simplewallet startup?
I found lots of things about speeding up bitmonerod startup, but not simplewallet.

Sorry, but this does not depend on me, neither the GUI. I will implement support for rpcwallet as soon as it releases.

Wallet seems to be working well but how come the incoming and outgoing transactions are showing up as the same.

I do notice this issue as well.

I have already tried to deserialize TX blobs from the daemon's "gettransactions" call, but failed because the byte array serialization is dependent on the Boost library which is written in C++. I have made a draft of a proposed new RPC schema supporting more functions, and have already contacted the developers about its implementation. I just don't want to share it here for the public, because some other currencies may copy it. Wink

Monero Client .NET
Nice thing! But is it possible to start it without starting bitmonerod? I need only convenient wallet. Console command report that mining is stopped, but bitmonerod process still exist and do something with my CPU.  Angry

If you mean a solution like this, then it may be an interesting idea. Otherwise, the daemon is required to run with the GUI wallet, as my application gets data from RPC services.

Code:
Monero  (XMR): 47hK4gehaMrFTQCiV5FEmM54hpqTrdHudb9nUBG88NicBDpxH4TGuh3TmW84Dc6dpMiEiBLGvJCuT3xC3LNHctmx7mG8NLM
Rabinovitch
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076

BTCLife.global participant

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 08:53:46 AM

If you mean a solution like this, then it may be an interesting idea. Otherwise, the daemon is required to run with the GUI wallet, as my application gets data from RPC services.
Later I understood that bitmonerod utilizes CPU only when syncronizing a blockchain. Now I use an official CLI-client, it looks not so complicated too. Let it be CLI for a while.  Grin

From Siberia with love! Hosting by Rabinovitch!
Fundraising for BOINC Farm
Пpoфeccиoнaльнo зaнимaюcь paзвёpтывaниeм фepм (ASIC, GPU, BURST, STORJ, Filecoin), oбopyдoвaниeм пoмeщeний для мaйнингa.
giveBTCpls

Activity: 322

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 11:46:32 AM

Has anyone been using this for enough time and for enough transactions (including transactions to exchanges like Poloniex then withdrawing and sending back to the wallet) to constante this is in fact legit and reliable? I've heard people stories about lossing coins when withdrawing from Poloniex on the original wallet, I don't remember the reason but it happened. Im pretty scared to lose coins because I do something wrong within the GUI wallet.

Jojatekok (OP)

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 04:01:58 PM

Has anyone been using this for enough time and for enough transactions (including transactions to exchanges like Poloniex then withdrawing and sending back to the wallet) to constante this is in fact legit and reliable? I've heard people stories about lossing coins when withdrawing from Poloniex on the original wallet, I don't remember the reason but it happened. Im pretty scared to lose coins because I do something wrong within the GUI wallet.

I know that my opinion is not representative, but I have been using my own GUI wallet to transfer and receive funds to and from people/exchanges - even with payment IDs given. Basically, the application is a wrapper around 'bitmonerod.exe' and 'simplewallet.exe': The GUI communicates with both through RPC, thus, messed up transactions can only be considered user or core errors. If you are afraid of your wallet files being compromised, you can check the project's source code here, compile it by yourself, and disable automatic updates by setting the '-noupdate' flag for 'MoneroClient.Net.exe'.

In most of the cases (whenever people try to set the TX fee below 0.005 XMR [which I have disabled in the current release]), re-indexing the wallet file solves all the issues. Application crashes cannot do any harm to your wallet, based on the nature of its saving mechanism. You may also use the built-in Backup Manager to ensure the safety of your digital commodities. Wink

Code:
Orrechorre

Activity: 569

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 04:27:31 PM

Hello, do anybody have any idea why my balance is still on 0 in the wallet when im suppose to have around 1. The wallet have over 100 connection to the network and it is in sync.

any idea how to fix this?
Jojatekok (OP)

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 05:28:27 PM

Monero Client .NET v0.38.0 has been released!
Get ready for merchandising - Start receiving payments using QR codes!

Download the new version from here, or just use the auto-update function introduced in the previous release. Wink

• Implemented support for the 'monero:' protocol
  • Added an option to show QR codes in large (just double-click on them)
  • Improved the code for being a single-instanced application
  • Updated the QR code generator's URI scheme
  • Changed the default behavior of double-clicking on a contact in the Address book (it shows the QR code generation window from now)
  • Fixed some localization-related issues (punctuation characters should now be all right)
  • Deprecated simpleminer's path setting

Hello, do anybody have any idea why my balance is still on 0 in the wallet when im suppose to have around 1. The wallet have over 100 connection to the network and it is in sync.

any idea how to fix this?

This seems to be a problem with bitmonerod, the developers are already working on a workaround. Wink

Code:
Black_Adder

Activity: 53

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 02:01:48 AM

Thanks dev very useful tool  Smiley
Black_Adder

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 10:41:00 AM

v0.38.1

it keeps crashing any idea?
Jojatekok (OP)

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 11:56:59 AM

v0.38.1

Please provide me as much resources as you can about the case (othersiwe, I cannot help...):

• When does it crash?
  • How does it crash? (silently or not)
  • Did the previous version work with the same configuration?
  • If available, please send me the 'CrashLogs.txt' file found in the application's directory

Code:
Skinnkavaj

Activity: 469

English Motherfucker do you speak it ?

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 12:47:57 PM

Wow great job on this.

Black_Adder

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 03:07:59 PM

v0.38.1

Please provide me as much resources as you can about the case (othersiwe, I cannot help...):

• When does it crash?
  • If available, please send me the 'CrashLogs.txt' file found in the application's directory

Hi,

it crashes as soon as i click open the previous version did work but it had the annoying update thing this what i get with the newest one

https://i.imgur.com/xYZbyzG.jpg

how can i send you the crash report got an email or something?

Thanks
Black_Adder

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 03:11:36 PM

v0.38.1

• When does it crash?

Hi,

it crashes as soon as i click open the previous version did work but it had the annoying update thing this what i get with the newest one

https://i.imgur.com/xYZbyzG.jpg

how can i send you the crash report got an email or something?

Thanks

i just figured out why this happens even tho I'm running it from admin account i need to right click and click run as admin will change the properties and make it always run as admin

Thanks again
Jojatekok (OP)

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 07:14:04 AM

Monero Client .NET v0.39.0-alpha.1 has been released!
Please be aware that this is a test release, thus, it isn't being beamed by auto-update. You can download it from here.

This release is experimental and should not be used in production, but for testing purposes only. It is meant to bring the core development team a bigger tester base for using the new daemon and rpcwallet which offer a lot more opportunities (like using Windows services) waiting besides my current implementation. Also, I have set the client to request administrator mode on startup to avoid issues accessing the registry, and allow more developments to be done in the future.

There are some known bugs in this version which are already being worked on by the core development team:

• You must wait for the daemon to initialize its RPC service before entering your wallet password
    (Wait for the synchronization status icon to appear in the main window)

• You cannot create a new wallet, but use an already existing one

Have fun using the new build, and please give feedback about it, as it would be valuable for the entire Monero team.

I'm going on a 3-week holiday today, so the development will be paused from my side for now. If I have the opportunity, I'll try to answer questions here as soon as possible. Wink

Code:
SpeedDemon13

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2014, 12:49:12 AM
Last edit: July 30, 2014, 01:17:42 AM by SpeedDemon13

Anyone running 0.39.0 and transfer and receive funds with no issues? I tried and it just hangs trying to send funds to poloniex.

CRYPTSY exchange: https://www.cryptsy.com/users/register?refid=9017 BURST= BURST-TE3W-CFGH-7343-6VM6R BTC=1CNsqGUR9YJNrhydQZnUPbaDv6h4uaYCHv ETH=0x144bc9fe471d3c71d8e09d58060d78661b1d4f32 SHF=0x13a0a2cb0d55eca975cf2d97015f7d580ce52d85 EXP=0xd71921dca837e415a58ca0d6dd2223cc84e0ea2f SC=6bdf9d12a983fed6723abad91a39be4f95d227f9bdb0490de3b8e5d45357f63d564638b1bd71 CLAMS=xGVTdM9EJpNBCYAjHFVxuZGcqvoL22nP6f SOIL=0x8b5c989bc931c0769a50ecaf9ffe490c67cb5911
YesBoss69

Activity: 42

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 07:51:28 AM

Liking this, keep going dev I hope you can iron out the issues - hung on me too, well just ground to a halt once or twice and I got impatient lol. great interface though, keep it up.
triplef

Activity: 338
Merit: 100

https://eloncity.io/

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 11:27:38 PM

latest version :

The system cannot find the file specified
   at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithCreateProcess(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
   at Jojatekok.MoneroAPI.ProcessManagers.BaseProcessManager.StartProcess(String[] arguments)
   at Jojatekok.MoneroAPI.ProcessManagers.WalletManager.StartInternal()
   at Jojatekok.MoneroGUI.Windows.MainWindow.StartWallet()
   at Jojatekok.MoneroGUI.Windows.MainWindow.<>c__DisplayClass1.<.ctor>b__0(Object param0, EventArgs param1)
   at System.Windows.Window.CreateSourceWindow(Boolean duringShow)
   at System.Windows.Window.ShowHelper(Object booleanBox)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(DispatcherPriority priority, TimeSpan timeout, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
   at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(MSG& msg)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(DispatcherFrame frame)
   at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(Window window)
   at System.Windows.Application.Run()
   at Jojatekok.MoneroGUI.App.Main()

also unblocked as zip since came from web...
ran as admin

crash...

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: