Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 05:16:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] MoneroX - A cross platform graphical account manager for Monero  (Read 88592 times)
mmortal03
Legendary

Activity: 1762
Merit: 1010

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 02:04:53 AM

I tried 3 different versions and all of them appear to not have the functionality of having an auto-created XMR address/account.

Is it supposed to be that way? Or am I missing something?

Is there a difference between a wallet and an account? The GUI refers to accounts, specifically with 39.0 RC2 being incapable of creating an account while 38.1 is capable. Where exactly is an account stored?

Wallets are now called accounts in Monero for various reasons. They are the same thing. See my previous post for more details on importing. It would make sense to have them rename simplewallet to simpleaccount, though, right?
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 02:18:24 AM

It would make sense to have them rename simplewallet to simpleaccount, though, right?

That is planned, and probably already done in one of the github forks.
canth
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 02:20:41 AM

I tried 3 different versions and all of them appear to not have the functionality of having an auto-created XMR address/account.

Is there a difference between a wallet and an account? The GUI refers to accounts, specifically with 39.0 RC2 being incapable of creating an account while 38.1 is capable. Where exactly is an account stored?

Wallets are now called accounts in Monero for various reasons. They are the same thing. See my previous post for more details on importing. It would make sense to have them rename simplewallet to simpleaccount, though, right?

Thanks - I'll poke around. Yeah, simplewallet -> simpleaccount would be better. Same thing with the default account creating a wallet, wallet.bin, wallet.bin.keys, etc in the WalletData folder. Unless there's the intention to use both wallets and accounts for different reasons, that is.

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 02:24:28 AM

Thanks - I'll poke around. Yeah, simplewallet -> simpleaccount would be better. Same thing with the default account creating a wallet, wallet.bin, wallet.bin.keys, etc in the WalletData folder. Unless there's the intention to use both wallets and accounts for different reasons, that is.

No such plan. It is just that the wallet -> account concept was mentioned in the fireside chat as more of a direction than immediate change. So you will see those changes roll out over time.
canth
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 02:43:56 AM

No such plan. It is just that the wallet -> account concept was mentioned in the fireside chat as more of a direction than immediate change. So you will see those changes roll out over time.

Looks like it's already happening in RC2. I see AccountData\Account and associated files created instead of WalletData\wallet, etc.

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 02:47:15 AM

Looks like it's already happening in RC2. I see AccountData\Account and associated files created instead of WalletData\wallet, etc.

Right, that's the plan!
icecat

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 09:52:17 AM

v0.39.0-rc.2

rpcwallet.exe crash with 0xc000001d .

0xc000001d looked into Google.

I saw that there is a problem with the CPU does not support SSE 4.1

And I use Athlon II neo n36l the processor and it does not support the SSE 4.1.

And I found "/ D__SSE4_1__" a source from cmakelists.txt

This option does not seem to fit me.

It seems like bitmonerod.exe also included in the zip file.

Please modify it.

Jojatekok (OP)

Activity: 264
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 02:49:26 PM

I'll wait until the client is synced with the network first. Looks like it is "initializing" the default XMR address.

Creating a new account requires you to use v0.38.1, and downgrading makes you obeyed to remove the configuration file located at '%LocalAppData%\Jojatekok\MoneroClient.Net\'. Also, upgrading to v0.39.0-rc.2 requires you to remove the config file again because of an upgrade mechanism fail introduced by the new test releases, but that will be fixed in the next Release Candidate.

Otherwise, the application is considerably stable, especially v0.39.0-rc.2 or above (in the future). v0.38.1's account file creator should prompt you for password protection. The "initializing" text should disappear once rpcwallet initializes, so it may not stay like that for more than a minute, but if your 'account.bin' file is not up to date, then it may take an hour or even more.

Feel free to ask questions if you have any problems, I'll be glad to help you. Wink

v0.39.0-rc.2

rpcwallet.exe crash with 0xc000001d .

0xc000001d looked into Google.

I saw that there is a problem with the CPU does not support SSE 4.1

And I use Athlon II neo n36l the processor and it does not support the SSE 4.1.

And I found "/ D__SSE4_1__" a source from cmakelists.txt

This option does not seem to fit me.

It seems like bitmonerod.exe also included in the zip file.

Please modify it.

I just contacted the core developers about this issue, please keep watching this thread for further information!

Code:
Monero  (XMR): 47hK4gehaMrFTQCiV5FEmM54hpqTrdHudb9nUBG88NicBDpxH4TGuh3TmW84Dc6dpMiEiBLGvJCuT3xC3LNHctmx7mG8NLM
Bitcoin (BTC): 14wHehBtFt321WTV15khon8Juaxh9drnfJ
Jojatekok (OP)

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 07:10:58 PM

Could I install this client on an offline computer and create a wallet without connecting to the internet?

Yes, probably. Or if not, please try running the GUI with the '-noupdate' command line argument specified. Please provide feedback to me whether possible. Wink

Code:
Monero  (XMR): 47hK4gehaMrFTQCiV5FEmM54hpqTrdHudb9nUBG88NicBDpxH4TGuh3TmW84Dc6dpMiEiBLGvJCuT3xC3LNHctmx7mG8NLM
nosaer

Activity: 38

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 04:04:14 PM
Last edit: September 06, 2014, 06:06:09 PM by nosaer

helo

i have problepm to sync wallet 0.38.1
from pool was send xmr but nothing come in to wallet:(
Jojatekok (OP)

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 06:50:30 PM

helo

There was a blockchain spam attack 2 days ago, thus, the chain has forked, and you may be on the wrong fork. Please open http://localhost:18081/getheight while running the client (waiting about a minute after startup), and tell us what number is its output.

Code:
nosaer

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 08:03:02 PM

helo

There was a blockchain spam attack 2 days ago, thus, the chain has forked, and you may be on the wrong fork. Please open http://localhost:18081/getheight while running the client (waiting about a minute after startup), and tell us what number is its output.

{
  "height": 202659,
  "status": "OK"
}
mmortal03
Legendary

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 09:28:32 PM

helo

{
}

Yep, you're on the wrong fork.
nosaer

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 07:26:57 AM

helo

{
}

Yep, you're on the wrong fork.

what now?
Jojatekok (OP)

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 08:56:19 AM

what now?

Delete your blockchain folder which is - by default - located at '%AppData%\bitmonero', and then download the new 'bitmonerod.exe' from the Monero topic's original post. Replace it with the one found in Monero Client .NET's '\Resources\Software' folder, and then start the application. It may take a while to sync, but you'll be on the right chain.

Code:
DonYo

Activity: 432
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 04:25:08 PM

what now?

Delete your blockchain folder which is - by default - located at '%AppData%\bitmonero', and then download the new 'bitmonerod.exe' from the Monero topic's original post. Replace it with the one found in Monero Client .NET's '\Resources\Software' folder, and then start the application. It may take a while to sync, but you'll be on the right chain.

still have a problem after resync nothing comes to wallet Sad miss last two days mining

Maybe it's a pool's problem, where are you mining?

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Jojatekok (OP)

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 06:41:53 PM

A quick update 'v0.38.2' has just been pushed, which changes the bundled binaries 'bitmonerod.exe' and 'simplewallet.exe' in order to mitigate the blockchain attack which happened a little while ago.

Test versions are not yet updated.

Code:
mmortal03
Legendary

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 07:09:30 PM

A quick update 'v0.38.2' has just been pushed, which changes the bundled binaries 'bitmonerod.exe' and 'simplewallet.exe' in order to mitigate the blockchain attack which happened a little while ago.

Thanks, Jojatekok. I was wondering in the Monero Support thread whether or not the binaries included here were the same as the officially released binaries. Is this the case?
Jojatekok (OP)

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 02:29:38 PM

Thanks, Jojatekok. I was wondering in the Monero Support thread whether or not the binaries included here were the same as the officially released binaries. Is this the case?

Yep, the new binaries are included in v0.38.2 (but not yet in the test versions).

Code:
mmortal03
Legendary

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 04:22:52 PM

Yep, the new binaries are included in v0.38.2 (but not yet in the test versions).

Is this because the test versions use different binaries? For instance, the official bitmonerod.exe requires typing "exit" to quit the daemon, whereas, the binary included in the test versions uses the command line argument "stop_daemon" to quit it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: