Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:38:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you Accept Komodo ICO conversion vs Reject Komodo ICO conversion and fund new dev team?
Accept - 145 (68.7%)
Reject - 66 (31.3%)
Total Voters: 211

Pages: « 1 ... 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 [446] 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 ... 547 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BTCD is no more  (Read 1328438 times)
pvnamk19

Activity: 178
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 12:38:29 PM

It is very difficult to synchronize with BTCD!
My PC was crashed while BTCD is staking.I restarted the computer and found some BTCD lost.
I decided to reinstalled BTCD: delete all files and folders except my wallet, excute BitcoinDark with old .conf file but it can't synchronize with the network: 0 active connections.
I tried with the new version of BTCD and the OP conf. but it still not work.
Can anyone help me?
Thanks!

Nothing is lost, you just need to sync your Client.

If you PC crashed it is possible that you don't have enough ram or other things interfere with it. Try to use the shown nodes on the first page then you may get some connection over some time.

Don't expect that it will work in 5 mins.. let it find nodes for 30 mins...
Thanks for your reply!
I know that I need to re-sync my Client, but I forgot to try rescan instead of reinstalling BTCD-qt.
I am confused because my old .conf file has worked perfectly but now it is not. Adding the new nodes on the first page also didn't help even though I run the program many hours. Maybe Devs hide seed nodes hic hic

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
G2M

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Activity: 616

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 01:28:11 PM
Last edit: June 21, 2015, 01:41:16 PM by G2M

Completely the opposite, ya filty trashbag Cheesy

Usually, I reserve only .0000075 of the total currency, unless I think it has a chance. I don't even post on the thread if it's not in my bluelist, of which there's around ~60 others.

So go bark up another tree, dog.

And, that was compiled with the post just a few hours ago. I had mentioned that I now loved that person, which the BTC mods deleted.

So if you want to put your misdirected hate at someone, go bitch at Theymos for limiting the conversation.

Edit: Just gonna lay it on a little thicker for ya:

this is me: https://github.com/laowais/bitcoindark/issues/3

Plus, I just staked the crap out of a block: 3cef7d26017ef483895a43a4e67e27b35ab1c18221c59c31000f76118e85d526-000

Wind picked up: F4BC1F4BC0A2A1C4

banditryandloot goin2mars kbm keyboard-mash theusualstuff

probably a few more that don't matter for much.
jahl

Activity: 448

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 01:55:35 PM

hm, a little odd that the BCT mods are fiddling with the posts.
I briefly saw your post of gratitude that got deleted.

Still, I'm sure we can post without trying to insult each other here.
G2M

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 02:08:24 PM

Admittedly, it was a low quality post, claiming only "You're beautiful Cheesy"

So I guess it was deletion worthy.

I just don't like being used to push other people's mindless agenda's, so I got a little mad when that almost just happened.

Though, I guess I kinda deserved it when the first thing I posted here was me bitching that I couldn't compile without playing guess the dependency.

It's fine though, all that would come out of it would be that I made a sockpuppet account and continue posting here, if people can't restrain themselves.

You'll never know, but I will. So I guess it comes down to - will we throw names at each other, or will I lie to you, or will we just accept that I'm not the one here pushing much of an agenda, so long as you don't spend time researching all my post history looking for the type of ice cream i like?

pvnamk19

Activity: 178
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 02:59:12 PM

For anyone has the same problem with synchronization like me (see above posts), fsb4000 at bitcoindark.slack.com has a solution:
replace your peers.dat (same folder where wallet.dat) with this peers.dat https://yadi.sk/d/kN7-KnNsewy45
It works for me.
Again, thanks fsb4000 so much!
crackfoo
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 1126

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2015, 03:14:34 PM

Admittedly, it was a low quality post, claiming only "You're beautiful Cheesy"

So I guess it was deletion worthy.

I just don't like being used to push other people's mindless agenda's, so I got a little mad when that almost just happened.

Though, I guess I kinda deserved it when the first thing I posted here was me bitching that I couldn't compile without playing guess the dependency.

It's fine though, all that would come out of it would be that I made a sockpuppet account and continue posting here, if people can't restrain themselves.

You'll never know, but I will. So I guess it comes down to - will we throw names at each other, or will I lie to you, or will we just accept that I'm not the one here pushing much of an agenda, so long as you don't spend time researching all my post history looking for the type of ice cream i like?

there's also a handy section in the source... doc:

https://github.com/laowais/bitcoindark/blob/master/doc/build-unix.txt

There's no magical dependancies that only btcd requires, it's pretty typical for any coin.

If you're taking the route of compiling, check the docs so understand what you're getting into is all.

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
G2M

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 03:38:59 PM

the doc/ is outdated, that's why I opened an issue on github. It's missing these:

3) sudo apt-get install curl

4) sudo apt-get install libcurl4-openssl-dev

the qt dependencies.

also, "build-essential libboost-dev libboost-system-dev \    libboost-filesystem-dev libboost-program-options-dev libboost-thread-dev \" works while "sudo apt-get install libboost-all-dev" just gives me a bunch of extra stuff I don't need. I guess that's fine if you're looking for simplicity of installation.

Even then, I'd still get a qt program that won't sync unless i follow step 15 in the list.

It's not as simple as ... read doc file, follow steps, get qt program, use program successfully .. is all. A bunch of lines in there still say testcoin.

I see the OP is updated with me-proof instructions, pretty neat

ontopicplease

Activity: 778
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 02:49:45 PM

Just downloaded the BTCD- wallet on windows. But it isn't syncing. Closed and reopened a couple times, didn't help. Any ideas?

Been answered many times before in this thread. Check the OP.

Thanks for the advice. Problem is I am still not getting it synced. I followed all steps in the OP, but I guess things go wrong at step 7.
Step 7 says; "7) Download the Config file from OP and put into wallet folder."
After following steps 1 to 6, I have in my appdata.roaming>bitcoindark a folder, called backup and I have a wallet.dat. No point 7 says; Download the Config file from OP and put into wallet folder. First, I think my wallet.dat isn't a folder and second I don't succeed in getting the conf in the wallet.dat.

Maybe someone can help.
jahl

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 03:54:00 PM

Just downloaded the BTCD- wallet on windows. But it isn't syncing. Closed and reopened a couple times, didn't help. Any ideas?

Thanks for the advice. Problem is I am still not getting it synced. I followed all steps in the OP, but I guess things go wrong at step 7.
After following steps 1 to 6, I have in my appdata.roaming>bitcoindark a folder, called backup and I have a wallet.dat. No point 7 says; Download the Config file from OP and put into wallet folder. First, I think my wallet.dat isn't a folder and second I don't succeed in getting the conf in the wallet.dat.

Maybe someone can help.

the folder where the wallet.dat file is located is what they mean.
Copy the config file in that same folder so you have both the wallet.dat file and the config file in the same folder.
CrimsonPermanentAssurance

Activity: 155
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 04:59:41 PM
Last edit: June 22, 2015, 09:20:02 PM by CrimsonPermanentAssurance

Sometimes I wonder if the originally planned "Super Traders" wouldn't be a bad idea.

For example, at this exact moment, anyone with just a few bitcoins could EASILY catapult to (and hold the price above) 900K on multiple exchanges.

I am not suggesting an unfair price manipulation, just a bit of insurance on what is an easily changeable board at this time, particularly for any hypothetically possible team who held the title of "Super Traders."

A little kid could do it at the moment.

UPDATE: "This exact moment" that I spoke of above lasted for five hours (where absolutely nothing happened).
jl777
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2015, 05:28:14 AM

Been coding pretty intensely to create a general framework that allows all the specific usecases that I have thought about to be handled.
For people who are complaining of the delays, then I apologize that I am slow to get things completed. It is not from lack of hours though as I have put in about 5000 hours of work in the last 10 months. Maybe I am just a slow coder, or maybe this is not such an easy thing to do. I searched for things I can cut and paste to solve it, but there didnt seem to be any such thing.

However, things are inching toward the Tuesday. The framework described below is in testing with an InstantDEX/MGW/ramchains/Lchains agents and a set of decentralized load balanced servers. I am not doing the GUI or the Windows port or the installer, so I cannot speak to when all that will be done. I do feel that I am bugfixes away from a completed framework and then it will be onto specific agents for the pending usecases, eg. teleport, telepathy, etc.

The following is the basic, simplified explanation. You also need to know about the SuperNET agents described elsewhere as they are what plugs into all of this. ultimately agents will be able to be written in any of a dozen different languages and it wont have to know anything about networking, crypto, blockchains, etc. but it can take advantage of them.

you send in JSON, it returns JSON

this should be the key to understanding
now the cgi path has messy HTML handling that is needed to allow browsers/curl/GUI to be able to construct the JSON and push it into the blackbox. From HTML there are all sorts of restrictions so making a single localhost HTML to access two different ports, is actually an issue. the SuperNET cgi allows a single HTML to interface to any number of RPC interfaces in addition to the SuperNET API.

the API is pretty directly invoked via ./BitcoinDarkd SuperNET '{...}'

where the '{...}' is the JSON
so you dont have to understand HOW it is doing, but just what. like driving a car
so if something is broken, then what does that mean?

either the blackbox is broken (JSON -> return JSON is wrong) or the JSON being pushed into the blackbox is wrong

if that is the case, it could be the cgi glue layer
or the GUI
let me know if any questions. people often confuse the difficulty of getting it to work with the difficulty of using it

[GUI] <-> (cgi) <-> {API JSON blackbox}

curl bypasses the GUI and injects into the (cgi)
./BitcoinDarkd bypasses the (cgi) and injects into the {API JSON blackbox}

*** advanced stuff follows ***
now this {API JSON blackbox} is where the SuperNET agents are
the (cgi) actually spawns a new nanomsg connection with a special thread to accept the requests from the cgi, this is fully multithreaded
the SuperNET commandline goes through a parser and the BitcoinDarkd path also goes through a bit of processing
but they all end up in the same place called process_user_json
this processes the user's JSON

now things do indeed get a bit complicated....

I am pushing more and more things through the "busdata" path as that allows for modular authentication, encryption, and other privacy things
but it is still possible (not sure if I wont deprecate this) to directly invoke an agent by not having the "busdata" agent specified
let us ignore this as I expect to use the busdata for as much as possible as it makes for the same processing whether going out to the network or staying within the local node

the busdata path behaves a bit differently if you are running a relay node or not. if you are not, then it converts the user json into a binary format with whatever authentication that is specified and issues a load balanced call to the relays. one thing to note is that the client can specify a "broadcast":"allrelays" or "allnodes"
if it is a relay node, it broadcasts to all relays and then processes the request locally

back to the client path... it ends up at a specific relay node that processes it locally, but if the "broadcast" is specified, then it is broadcast to allrelays or allnodes
notice that in the case of "broadcast":"allrelays", this is having the same state as when the originating node was a relay
the relays are receiving the busdata packet and if it is an "allrelays" one they process it locally, if it is a "allnodes" global broadcast, they currently ignore it

the reason for this is that for something like InstantDEX where your node wants to broadcast its placebid globally, it just needs to get to all the other nodes and not the relays themselves (assuming the relay node is not used as a normal node), so it is like a "doughnut", with a hole in the middle. "allrelays" sends to the middle and "allnodes" to all nodes, but the middle is probably ignoring it. havent figure out whether it is worth to adding a flag to the global broadcast to tell the relays to process locally

now, this "process locally", you are asking what that means
it means to decode the binary data, authenticate it and then route it to the correct place
this can be one of several places, plus there are also some control things like registering a service provider

if the {user json} was a request for a specific service provider, then the relay will send the request to a random node that has previously registered and then it waits for the response and then routes the data back to the original node. In the event that the random relay that received the request does not have any registered nodes for that service, it does an allrelays broadcast, in hopes that some other relay has such a service. havent automated the sending back of the response from the failover path back to the original caller yet

keep in mind this is all happening within a second or so
if the request is for a specific agent on that node, then it is much simpler and it sends a message to that specific agent, gets the response and sends it back
so the above is the simplified explanation of the {API JSON blackbox}

James

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
jl777
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2015, 07:00:35 AM

Now the data flow is much more sane, I was able to add Ddos protection pretty quickly.

I use leverage factors of 9, 81 and 729 for local, relay and global requests

you might see a pause for sending placebid/placeask as these are global requests
the leverage factor of 729 means it takes 729x CPU power to create a valid packet than to validate it

so with just 10 relay nodes, over 7000 servers will be needed to successfully attack and the attack would just slow things down
probably an easier attack is at the relay level, it "only" takes 81x the number of relay servers to saturate the relays, but the peer to peer comms already established wont be affected.

i expect we will start with about 30 relays, so 2000+ attacker CPU's at this level. Since any node can elect to become a relay too, under attack scenarios, more and more nodes can become a relay to make the attack more and more expensive or we can boost the leverage at the cost of higher average latency.

James

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
ontopicplease

Activity: 778

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 12:30:20 PM

Maybe someone can help.

Copy the config file in that same folder so you have both the wallet.dat file and the config file in the same folder.

Obviously, I am too dump for these things. I spend about 5 hours, tried a zillion times and don't get it syncing.
Maybe a tip to the devs, if you want everyone to use BTCD ( even the dump people, like me) it might be a good idea to make the wallet a bit more easy to start and sync.
btcddice

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 01:57:06 PM

[divANN]

This week's bitcoindarkdice.net contribution to Bitcoindark dividends is 21.6 BTCD! Funds have been sent to Azeh for distribution on Wednesday.

Thanks for playing and staking! Go BTCD!
jahl

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 04:12:29 PM

Maybe someone can help.

Obviously, I am too dump for these things. I spend about 5 hours, tried a zillion times and don't get it syncing.
Maybe a tip to the devs, if you want everyone to use BTCD ( even the dump people, like me) it might be a good idea to make the wallet a bit more easy to start and sync.

try replacing your peers.dat file with this one :

http://www.filehosting.org/file/details/494108/peers.dat

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 05:16:53 PM
Last edit: June 23, 2015, 05:51:45 PM by CrimsonPermanentAssurance

I am no programmer, but I have used a lot of wallets, and it does lead me to this...

Isn't it possible to make a wallet that just works on both PC and Mac without having to create .conf files or be handed a mysterious file or a complicated tip from someone else? It seems most wallets don't require such things. They are just point and click, drag and drop to applications, and then it all works.  

Is the tech so complicated that it's impossible to have an installation file for Mac and Winows that just works for people out of the gate?

Is this just a matter of a slightly better installation file no one has taken the time to create? I know everyone is busy, but if it was a simple matter, it would probably be time well spent.

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 06:05:54 PM
Last edit: June 23, 2015, 06:35:46 PM by CrimsonPermanentAssurance

I am no programmer, but I have used a lot of wallets, and it does lead me to this...

Isn't it possible to make a wallet that just works on both PC and Mac without having to create .conf files or be handed a mysterious file or a complicated tip from someone else or anything like that? It seems most wallets don't require such things. They are just point and click, drag and drop to applications, and then it all works.  

Is the tech so complicated that it's impossible to have an installation file for Mac and Winows that just works for people out of the gate?

Is this just a matter of a slightly better installation file no one has taken the time to create? I know everyone is busy, but if it was a simple matter, it would probably be time well spent.

sorry to say this, but Bitcoin is also still in beta.. if you still think Cryptocurrency is ready for people how can't even do basic stuff on their computer then i better advice you to buy only a little coins or just sit down and learn how to properly secure your system and use wallets.

Its not like you need coding skills to run BTCD wallet.. what you need to do is learn how to learn.

There was a time where just turning a computer on was as hard as compiling a wallet.
Still can't understand why people use Mac for wallets.. these Apple stuff's are even more insecure then windows.

Reality is different than your complaint. Tons of people only have Macs. Should we exclude them all from the coin unless they buy a different computer? I think not. Even people with Windows can often be found here asking basic questions just to get the wallet to work properly. Additionally, I know how to learn, but it still took me a month of asking questions on this forum before I was finally given instructions (that were not at all intuitive) that allowed my wallet to synch. Why should people be forced to jump through hoops to use something? Bitcoin, which you point out is still in beta, simply works after you press the install button. So does just about every wallet out there, beta or otherwise.

To be honest, I am happy I learned what I did to make things work. It has helped me along in my crypto universe, but a LOT of people won't take the time I did just to learn how to use something they don't fully understand to begin with. They will become frustrated, clog the forum with repetitive questions, and then move on. That is the sad reality.

If it is just a matter of a slightly better installation file for both Mac and Windows, why would you possibly argue against that?
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2015, 07:32:46 PM

For anyone has the same problem with synchronization like me (see above posts), fsb4000 at bitcoindark.slack.com has a solution:
replace your peers.dat (same folder where wallet.dat) with this peers.dat https://yadi.sk/d/kN7-KnNsewy45
It works for me.
Again, thanks fsb4000 so much!

Thanks from me too. I couldn't get my new wallet to synch until I downloaded that file. Smiley

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 07:58:48 PM

Maybe the front page and website should be updated with an installation file that has the proper peers.dat file in it for everyone from the gate, rather than people needing to learn to search somewhere else... to go somewhere else... to get something else... to replace something else... and so on.

Ideally, the installation file would also create a basic .config file for both Mac and Windows. It would solve all of this.

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 08:10:53 PM
Last edit: June 23, 2015, 09:50:26 PM by CrimsonPermanentAssurance

Maybe the front page and website should be updated with an installation file that has the proper peers.dat file in it for everyone from the gate, rather than people needing to learn to search somewhere else... to go somewhere else... to get something else... to replace something else... and so on.

Ideally, the installation file would also create a basic .config file for both Mac and Windows. It would solve all of this.

No it wouldn't like i said.. its your system problem, not the wallet itself. Its just some random people in here who don't know how to configure their system. Then blame their wallet for not syncing correctly.

If this would be really a global problem then we wouldn't have such strong staking network. At the moment the network weight is at 120000

And it could be a LOT higher if you didn't simply assume people have messed up systems and all know as much as you do. That isn't the problem. My system is perfectly fine, and not everyone knows as much (or even close to as much) as you probably do. I still had trouble on three different computers, all with perfectly fine systems, one of them a brand new OS installation. The problem is that people with limited knowledge should be able to plug and play, but a lot of them can't. The numbers would go through the roof if they could. If all that is stopping that from happening is creating a SLIGHTLY better installation file, it's stupid not to do that. Why are you against that?

What happens after a price rise like BTCD just had is that a bunch of new people come in the door, lots without any advanced knowledge (other than being able to read a chart). Why not do everything possible to keep them? If they purchase BTCD, and then try (and fail) to get the wallet going on their computer, what do you think the next logical step is for them? Spending hours searching forums and waiting for people to reply to their posts? No, it's pressing the "sell" button.
Pages: « 1 ... 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 [446] 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 ... 547 »
  Print  

Jump to: