Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:12:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you Accept Komodo ICO conversion vs Reject Komodo ICO conversion and fund new dev team?
Accept - 145 (68.7%)
Reject - 66 (31.3%)
Total Voters: 211

Pages: « 1 ... 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 [447] 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 ... 547 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BTCD is no more  (Read 1328437 times)
taggartd

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 08:47:47 PM

Maybe the front page and website should be updated with an installation file that has the proper peers.dat file in it for everyone from the gate, rather than people needing to learn to search somewhere else... to go somewhere else... to get something else... to replace something else... and so on.

Ideally, the installation file would also create a basic .config file for both Mac and Windows. It would solve all of this.

No it wouldn't like i said.. its your system problem, not the wallet itself. Its just some random people in here who don't know how to configure their system. Then blame their wallet for not syncing correctly.

If this would be really a global problem then we wouldn't have such strong staking network. At the moment the network weight is at 120000

And it could be a LOT higher if you didn't simply assume people have messed up systems and all know as much as you do. That isn't the problem. My system is perfectly fine, and I still had trouble on three different computers. The problem is that people with limited knowledge should be able to plug and play. The numbers would go through the roof then. If all that is stopping that from happening is creating a SLIGHTLY better installation file, it's stupid not to do that.

What happens after a price rise like BTCD just had is that a bunch of new people come in the door. Why not do everything possible to keep them? If they purchase BTCD, and then try and fail to get the wallet going on their computer, what do you think the next logical step is for them? Spend hours searching forums? No, it's pressing the "sell" button.
Crimson I agree with you. I had the same problems but now i don't remember how i solved them ( it was in January..) so i cannot help you. I only remember i had to read a lot of pages and OP and "make this" "no make this" "no go to github".... I only hope my wallet go on syncing,, I don't want to bother again with this stuff that are not part of my knowledge (I'd like to aks dev if they want a house (it's my skill..) like they give to other no skill people; no doors ready: you must know how to assemble a door  with all the pieces at floor!! - no roof: damn, you don't know how to build a roof? you have all the pieces.. or they prefer an house where i give you only a key and you can begin to use it? ). I think it's a common problem with a lot of altcoin dev: they assume a lot of people it's all day working or loving a pc or mac... If they could understand a lot of people have also other things to do perhaps they'll have a good success. One of the best story for me was with nxtty: incredibly stupid and funny. Btw time will tell, and time will reward who will understand this simple thing: a good altcoin must be easy to use or will remain for a little tribe.. perhaps happy, but little. And poor...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CrimsonPermanentAssurance

Activity: 155
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 09:42:09 PM

Maybe the front page and website should be updated with an installation file that has the proper peers.dat file in it for everyone from the gate, rather than people needing to learn to search somewhere else... to go somewhere else... to get something else... to replace something else... and so on.

Ideally, the installation file would also create a basic .config file for both Mac and Windows. It would solve all of this.

No it wouldn't like i said.. its your system problem, not the wallet itself. Its just some random people in here who don't know how to configure their system. Then blame their wallet for not syncing correctly.

If this would be really a global problem then we wouldn't have such strong staking network. At the moment the network weight is at 120000

And it could be a LOT higher if you didn't simply assume people have messed up systems and all know as much as you do. That isn't the problem. My system is perfectly fine, and I still had trouble on three different computers. The problem is that people with limited knowledge should be able to plug and play. The numbers would go through the roof then. If all that is stopping that from happening is creating a SLIGHTLY better installation file, it's stupid not to do that.

What happens after a price rise like BTCD just had is that a bunch of new people come in the door. Why not do everything possible to keep them? If they purchase BTCD, and then try and fail to get the wallet going on their computer, what do you think the next logical step is for them? Spend hours searching forums? No, it's pressing the "sell" button.
Crimson I agree with you. I had the same problems but now i don't remember how i solved them ( it was in January..) so i cannot help you. I only remember i had to read a lot of pages and OP and "make this" "no make this" "no go to github".... I only hope my wallet go on syncing,, I don't want to bother again with this stuff that are not part of my knowledge (I'd like to aks dev if they want a house (it's my skill..) like they give to other no skill people; no doors ready: you must know how to assemble a door  with all the pieces at floor!! - no roof: damn, you don't know how to build a roof? you have all the pieces.. or they prefer an house where i give you only a key and you can begin to use it? ). I think it's a common problem with a lot of altcoin dev: they assume a lot of people it's all day working or loving a pc or mac... If they could understand a lot of people have also other things to do perhaps they'll have a good success. One of the best story for me was with nxtty: incredibly stupid and funny. Btw time will tell, and time will reward who will understand this simple thing: a good altcoin must be easy to use or will remain for a little tribe.. perhaps happy, but little. And poor...

Thanks for the kind words. I'm okay. In fact, I was the one who wrote the Mac tutorial that is linked from the front page.

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 09:51:04 PM
Last edit: June 23, 2015, 10:32:32 PM by CrimsonPermanentAssurance

What happens after a price rise like BTCD just had is that a bunch of new people come in the door. Why not do everything possible to keep them?

Simple, because these people are just here for the quick profit..
I've seen enough people like you some are trolls or just fudders.. some people are new or just don't want to go deeper into the crypto technology. Well then you have to wait for the hardware wallets.

Sometimes if you have some syncing problems it could be also your isp... once you know what to look for in your network settings then you will find the problems pretty fast.

I'm a holder, not a troll, and I also bothered to take a good deal of time to help solve some of these issues by donating a tutorial to this forum. I am not against anyone here. I am (and have been for a while) pointing out some really rudimentary things that need to be taken care of as soon as possible. I don't know how to program, so all I can do is write about what I guarantee will make for a better user experience.

Here is a dumb example you probably aren't aware of:
The wallet DOES NOT WORK when downloaded with Safari on a MAC. You absolutely must use another browser. If you don't use another browser, proper .config file or not, the wallet appears for a split second and then disappears. In fact, the system files needed to run the wallet won't even get created. There is nowhere to even put a .config file unless you use a browser other than Safari to do the wallet download. Are you going to tell me the problem is my ISP and network settings for that one?

That should be front page news, not buried in a tutorial somewhere for someone to discover after ripping their hair out. Better yet, fix the issue. Why is that even a problem? Do people have that same problem with other coins? I'd wager they don't. The last thing an even above-average person is thinking after downloading a faulty installation file is what browser he/she used to do the download, particularly when that browser is the default browser on a bazillion computers, like it or not. Following a poor Mac user figuring that one out on their own, the rest of the process of making a .config file is not as simple as just saving a text file, like it is on a Windows computer. People shouldn't need to go through that experience. It doesn't point to a rite of passage or a badge of honor they must "earn" to be involved in boutique crypto. It points to a faulty installation file that isn't as good as it could be (with just a little more work put into it). These are simple things that require a tiny bit of backtracking to fix. They should be fixed.
BadAss.Sx
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Bulletproof VPS/VPN/Email @ BadAss.Sx

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2015, 10:40:42 PM

The wallet DOES NOT WORK when downloaded with Safari on a MAC.

Strange, i downloaded it last week trough Safari and it works like a charm.

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 10:43:54 PM
Last edit: June 23, 2015, 11:28:19 PM by CrimsonPermanentAssurance

The wallet DOES NOT WORK when downloaded with Safari on a MAC.

Strange, i downloaded it last week trough Safari and it works like a charm.

Weird. Maybe it is only an issue on 10.9.5 and earlier. Maybe it has recently been fixed, and no one bothered to mention it. Maybe you downloaded the wallet from a different source than what is linked on the front page of this forum or the official website (I tried both). Maybe, you already had the system files in your Library from a previous installation. Whatever the case, I am not the only one who has had this issue. Lots of people have. In fact, I just did a new installation of a wallet a couple weeks ago on a fully updated 10.9.5 and still had the issue. That's what prompted me to finish the tutorial.

What system are you on?

UPDATE: It hasn't been fixed, at least not on 10.9.5 (one of the the most used OSs for Mac, as lots of people don't like Mavericks), because I just replicated the issue on another computer.

UPDATE #2: Mega download was only link listed on the front page for a very long time. That link is now repeatedly giving me a temporary error when trying to download from it, so hopefully someone is silently trying to fix the issue I mentioned. I am now trying the NEW Bitbucket download link (that wasn't there a couple of weeks ago). I will report back if that worked or not.

UPDATE #3: I just successfully downloaded the wallet from the Bitbucket wallet link in Safari, and I am happy to report the wallet appears to have opened.

UPDATE #4: The download link from the official BTCD website has also been changed from Mega to Bitbucket. The official website linked to the non-working Mega download forever (at least non-working if you used Safari), so that is showing some progress. Thanks, guys!

CONCLUSION: Don't use the Mega download link, the one that has been on the front page of this forum and the official website FOREVER, with Safari. Use the NEWLY posted Bitbucket link instead, and feel free to read the Mac tutorial if you don't know how to create a .config file, because that appears to still be a necessary step to get your wallet to synch.

FINAL CONCLUSION: Make an installation file that automatically creates a basic .config file for people, like almost every wallet has, and thanks for making the Mac wallet downloadable from Bitbucket. It appears the Mega link was the culprit (and has been for damn near forever).
BTCDDev

Activity: 255
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 11:32:56 PM

Hi All,

I took a break from debugging SuperNET-enabled BitcoinDark for Windows today to update the vanilla BTCD release with automatic BitcoinDark.conf generation.

WHAT THIS MEANS

If you don't know what a .conf file is, don't worry about it! Just download and unzip the executable, and run it. It will find peers quickly.

If you do know, it will check for BitcoinDark.conf on launch. If it finds it, it skips it. If it doesn't, it will create a 5 character random username and 15 character random password and generate a BitcoinDark.conf file with a list of nodes. I plan to update these nodes from time to time.

Azeh will update the official Bitbucket download soon, but for now I have uploaded it at:

https://mega.co.nz/#!U0d1QShC!W2RllvIRWPBYbMNbd0mgoo9LZRPfaI_gv7AwCGUCo3g

Code:
matthew@matthew:~/Desktop$ sha1sum BitcoinDark-qt.rar 
d6a48339b413660334cb5442c8f8259469a7dc5c  BitcoinDark-qt.rar

Source at github.com/laowais/bitcoindark

Matthew

BitcoinDark: RPHWc5CwP9YMMbvXQ4oXz5rQHb3pKkhaxc
Top Donations: juicybirds 420BTCD ensorcell 84BTCD Stuntruffle: 40BTCD
Top April Donations: juicybirds 420BTCD; ensorcell: 42BTCD

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 11:37:29 PM

Hi All,

I took a break from debugging SuperNET-enabled BitcoinDark for Windows today to update the vanilla BTCD release with automatic BitcoinDark.conf generation.

WHAT THIS MEANS

If you don't know what a .conf file is, don't worry about it! Just download and unzip the executable, and run it. It will find peers quickly.

If you do know, it will check for BitcoinDark.conf on launch. If it finds it, it skips it. If it doesn't, it will create a 5 character random username and 15 character random password and generate a BitcoinDark.conf file with a list of nodes. I plan to update these nodes from time to time.

Azeh will update the official Bitbucket download soon, but for now I have uploaded it at:

https://mega.co.nz/#!U0d1QShC!W2RllvIRWPBYbMNbd0mgoo9LZRPfaI_gv7AwCGUCo3g

Code:
matthew@matthew:~/Desktop$ sha1sum BitcoinDark-qt.rar 
d6a48339b413660334cb5442c8f8259469a7dc5c  BitcoinDark-qt.rar

Source at github.com/laowais/bitcoindark

Matthew

Progress! Thank you, Matthew!

Will the same automatic .config creation be happening with the Mac download, too?
BTCDDev

Activity: 255
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 11:47:15 PM

Will the same automatic .config creation be happening with the Mac download, too?

Yes, once someone compiles it. I don't have a Mac.

BitcoinDark: RPHWc5CwP9YMMbvXQ4oXz5rQHb3pKkhaxc
Top Donations: juicybirds 420BTCD ensorcell 84BTCD Stuntruffle: 40BTCD
Top April Donations: juicybirds 420BTCD; ensorcell: 42BTCD
btcddice

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 04:13:56 AM

bitcoindarkdice.net bet limit raised to 20 BTCD

Come have fun and win some BitcoinDark!  Smiley
Azeh (OP)

Activity: 441
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 02:37:04 PM
Last edit: July 01, 2015, 03:24:21 PM by Azeh

BitcoinDark Weekly Dividends to Stakers

30 BTCD have been paid to 3,071 unique BitcoinDark addresses for successfully staking blocks 578326 - 588905.

Thanks to MM-BTCD and bitcoindarkdice.net for contributing this week's payment.

Dividend payments to stakers continue to have a markedly positive effect on network staking weight. 790 more addresses staked a block this week! Smiley

Please remember to have your wallets running and unlocked for staking in order to successfully stake blocks.  

Torrn

Activity: 32
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 04:04:27 PM

Thanks again to those who have shown their support on twitter for our push to be listed on btc38com. We are continuing to pursue the listing, if you have not yet retweeted or favorited the post on twitter, please help out: https://twitter.com/BitcoinDark/status/612103979787403264  

Also to assist in our push for Btc38com listing a Weibo page (Chinese Facebook) has been setup to start a BTCD following.  A Chinese translation of the BTCD bulletins is underway to be posted on Weibo providing a source of informational content helping to explain BTCD and SuperNET http://bitcoindark.pw/blog/.  The first bulletin has been posted with more to come very shortly: http://www.weibo.com/bitcoindark

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 04:29:06 PM

Please stop talking with your own sockpuppets accounts.. you really believe i would not notice that this account smells like CrimsonPermanentAssurance writing style ?

And now... you have proven yourself to be an ignorable idiot. It's a shame. I wasn't thinking that before.
Torrn

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 02:37:59 PM

This weeks BitcoinDark Bulletin - Nudge: how a little BTCD can make a big difference
http://bitcoindark.pw/nudge-how-a-little-btcd-can-make-a-big-difference/
ASICHEAD

Activity: 552

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 10:13:50 AM
Last edit: June 26, 2015, 01:44:18 PM by ASICHEAD

Please stop talking with your own sockpuppets accounts.. you really believe i would not notice that this account smells like CrimsonPermanentAssurance writing style ?

And now... you have proven yourself to be an ignorable idiot. It's a shame. I wasn't thinking that before.

If you are interested to BitcoinDark, so please shut up. Lips sealed

▄███▄
███████▄
██████▀██▄
█████▄  ▀██▄
████▀  ▄  ▀██▄
███▄ ▄██▀   ▀
██████▀  ▄█▄
███████▄█████▄
███████████████▄
████████████████▀
█████████▀
███████▀
 ▀███▀
Safein     
.M A K E   I S I M P L E.
A   R E V O L U T I O N A R Y   W A Y   T O   P A Y   O N L I N E
[WHITEPAPER]
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
████████████████▀░░░░░▐████
███████████████░░░░░░░▐████
██████████████▌░░░▐████████
███████████░░░░░░░░░░░█████
███████████░░░░░░░░░░▐█████
▀█████████████▌░░░▐███████▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████▀███████▀░░░▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌░░▀▀███▌░░░░░░░▄█████
█████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████
█████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████
██████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
███████▄▄░░░░░░░░▄█████████
██████▄░░░░░░░▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀░░░░███████
████████▀▀▀░░░▄▀░░░████████
█████▄░░░░░▄█▀░░░░░████████
████████▄░█▀░░░░░░█████████
█████████▌▐░░░░░░░█████████
██████████░▄██▄░░██████████
████████████████▄██████████
▀█████████████████████████▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
A
▬▬

█▄▄
██████▄▄
██████████▄▄
██████████████▄▄
██████████████████▄▄
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀
██████████████▀▀
██████████▀▀
██████▀▀
█▀▀
.GET IT ON               
Google Play
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1530

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 07:19:21 PM

Confirmed! Got the dividends. i love the program and BTCD is cheap again. Good time to buy more  Cool Keep it up!

BitcoinDark Weekly Dividends to Stakers

30 BTCD have been paid to 3,071 unique BitcoinDark addresses for successfully staking blocks 578326 - 588905.

Thanks to MM-BTCD and bitcoindarkdice.net for contributing this week's payment.

Dividend payments to stakers continue to have a markedly positive effect on network staking weight. 790 more addresses staked a block this week! Smiley

Please remember to have your wallets running and unlocked for staking in order to successfully stake blocks.  

SHossain

Activity: 112

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 09:23:22 PM

Got the wallet compiled inside an Android tablet today and guess what? It is working. Been chasing after this for about a week. Now waiting for a block to stake. Will confirm when its staking 100%.
jl777
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2015, 11:30:27 PM

Got the wallet compiled inside an Android tablet today and guess what? It is working. Been chasing after this for about a week. Now waiting for a block to stake. Will confirm when its staking 100%.
Thank you for your excellent work! I use the explorebtcd.info all the time. Sent you a little donation

James

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
Torrn

View Profile
June 27, 2015, 06:46:20 AM

Donation update:
Thanks to all recent donors.  Also thanks to the person who continually donates 1btcd every now and again, every bit helps. If hodler donated just 1btcd it would be nice Wink

Date: 26/06/2015 19:09
To: RDtnnLj5LQ8YMxBJbHX1N4jNKeaC67FLGW (own address, label: DEV Donations)
Credit: 103.81775403 BTCD
Net amount: +103.81775403 BTCD
Transaction ID: db388f28acf519b36c63eaad72941d47bbfde9f80676e1eca07d58faa414690d
----------------------------------
Date: 26/06/2015 17:56
Credit: 100.00 BTCD
Net amount: +100.00 BTCD
Transaction ID: 2d94ee77b9d424d7ad05a914dd879a5f52fb34a9b037226af81dbcde45f93aa5
Date: 15/06/2015 19:14
Credit: 1.00 BTCD
Net amount: +1.00 BTCD
Transaction ID: c022aaf04afc37d25f557517914056299a7227775a0ae8f15794f672059456ed
Date: 9/06/2015 22:15
Credit: 1.00 BTCD
Net amount: +1.00 BTCD
Transaction ID: 464a99b7491edff93142257b7917f193f22fb44d65477ef38a51bc1969055c80

BTCD Total:  2727.22977275 BTCD

BTC Total:  0.792051 BTC

Please help support BitcoinDark development by sending your donations to the following Official BTCD Donation Address:
RDtnnLj5LQ8YMxBJbHX1N4jNKeaC67FLGW

or you can donate using BTC using the Official Multisig Donation Address:
36vQrrrjT1A8X3s56fdfkYzWzMgjSWhTWY
newb4now

Activity: 686

View Profile
June 27, 2015, 07:17:02 AM

When will Boolberry be integrated into SuperNet?

Having a Cryptonote coin with a nice GUI and minimum mixin value like BBR would be a great way to improve upon the anonymity of the SuperNet network
SHossain

Activity: 112

View Profile
June 27, 2015, 03:17:00 PM

Thank you for your excellent work! I use the explorebtcd.info all the time. Sent you a little donation

James

Thanks James for your donation. I am now successfully staking BTCD inside my Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2 with mobile hotspot. Fully stable since I restarted it more than 5 hours ago. And my BTCD's are 100% portable and always with me Cheesy
Pages: « 1 ... 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 [447] 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 ... 547 »
  Print  

Jump to: