Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:37:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you Accept Komodo ICO conversion vs Reject Komodo ICO conversion and fund new dev team?
Accept - 145 (68.7%)
Reject - 66 (31.3%)
Total Voters: 211

Pages: « 1 ... 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 [488] 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 ... 547 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BTCD is no more  (Read 1328437 times)
BTC-BTC-BTC
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1001

www.neutroncoin.com

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 12:44:07 PM

Is there a working BTCD Mac wallet around? My old QT won´t sync anymore and I can´t find a working link (Only the one in the OP). I tried the supposed workaround for the Mac described in the OP, but nothing changed. Still stuck at Block 838210 where it last synced sometimes last Year.

Goto http://cryptochainer.com/dir/ and download the blockchain and give it a try. Always backup your wallet first. Hope that work for you.
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kennyP

Activity: 544
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 01:45:28 PM

Looks like the new Bitstar experimental coin is using a stake model similar to CBX.

So what is the percentage going to be after 25% of this year (after May 2016)

Well the annual inflation rate and the APR 'interest' rate you can earn through staking are two different things under the new staking calculation of the coming codebase which removes the 'coin-age' and variable reward of the existing system.

For example, if the first year on the new codebase provides for a set block reward which equates to a 3% increase in the total number of coins after 12 months, the second year would still have the same number of coins being added as the first, due to there being the same number of blocks being produced, but the total coins in circulation would have increased, thereby resulting in a slight reduction in annual inflation for the second year of just below 3% and will continue reducing each year after that.

As of now people are able to leave their wallets switched off yet still receive an accumulated staking reward which is based on coin-age, thereby providing them with an amount of coins as though they had been staking the entire time, which is hardly fair. The new staking calculation rewards the same number of coins per block, meaning that if 10% of all the wallets are staking, they will each receive a proportional share of the total coins being issued. So there is a variable interest rate over the 12 months based on how much staking you do. If 10% of the coins are staked, they will earn a 30% APR but it still produces exactly the same number of coins added to the count each year.

You can thank Rat4 of Blackcoin for realising how to fix the inherently unfair and somewhat insecure (coin-age being able to be accumulated and lend excessive 'weight' to an attacking node is a potential security issue in standard PoS) previous models of staking.
http://blackcoin.co/blackcoin-pos-protocol-v2-whitepaper.pdf
With this new method there is incentive to stake continuously, thereby providing for a stronger network.

So, to answer your question, the new Bitstarcoin codebase is likely to go with a fixed block reward which will be equivalent to 3% inflation in the first year, offering the variation in APR for each staking wallet as discussed. This isn't completely finalised yet but is likely at this stage.

That's another reason for me to quit bitstar.
They just sit there promising things which don't going to happen.
They even promised an ATM was going to operate a year ago.
Their wallet takes around one hour to load and ages to sync.

I thought Bitstar ATM was waiting for SuperNET release.... I agree their client needs work though, takes ages to load/sync on my rig also
bitkokos2

Activity: 666

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 03:41:14 PM

Looks like the new Bitstar experimental coin is using a stake model similar to CBX.

So what is the percentage going to be after 25% of this year (after May 2016)

Well the annual inflation rate and the APR 'interest' rate you can earn through staking are two different things under the new staking calculation of the coming codebase which removes the 'coin-age' and variable reward of the existing system.

For example, if the first year on the new codebase provides for a set block reward which equates to a 3% increase in the total number of coins after 12 months, the second year would still have the same number of coins being added as the first, due to there being the same number of blocks being produced, but the total coins in circulation would have increased, thereby resulting in a slight reduction in annual inflation for the second year of just below 3% and will continue reducing each year after that.

As of now people are able to leave their wallets switched off yet still receive an accumulated staking reward which is based on coin-age, thereby providing them with an amount of coins as though they had been staking the entire time, which is hardly fair. The new staking calculation rewards the same number of coins per block, meaning that if 10% of all the wallets are staking, they will each receive a proportional share of the total coins being issued. So there is a variable interest rate over the 12 months based on how much staking you do. If 10% of the coins are staked, they will earn a 30% APR but it still produces exactly the same number of coins added to the count each year.

You can thank Rat4 of Blackcoin for realising how to fix the inherently unfair and somewhat insecure (coin-age being able to be accumulated and lend excessive 'weight' to an attacking node is a potential security issue in standard PoS) previous models of staking.
http://blackcoin.co/blackcoin-pos-protocol-v2-whitepaper.pdf
With this new method there is incentive to stake continuously, thereby providing for a stronger network.

So, to answer your question, the new Bitstarcoin codebase is likely to go with a fixed block reward which will be equivalent to 3% inflation in the first year, offering the variation in APR for each staking wallet as discussed. This isn't completely finalised yet but is likely at this stage.

That's another reason for me to quit bitstar.
They just sit there promising things which don't going to happen.
They even promised an ATM was going to operate a year ago.
Their wallet takes around one hour to load and ages to sync.

I thought Bitstar ATM was waiting for SuperNET release.... I agree their client needs work though, takes ages to load/sync on my rig also

This is the company they were going to cooperate for the ATM machine. http://www.globalbitpoint.com
if you do a whois on that domain you will see the website was built a couple of months after bitstar release Cheesy
criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 04:02:03 PM

A warning to people who think about doing arbitrage on bter:

Dont do it. Bter is a big scam.

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
      ██████                   █████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
bitkokos2

Activity: 666

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 04:08:03 PM

have you got any more info?
criptix
Legendary

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 04:14:18 PM

Read up the bitbay ico. Bter admins involving in what i would say was an clear ico scam.

Also following after that was the bter hack story which imho was a pretty lame excuse for an inside job. (The inside job is just my opinion though)

Overall i would not trust that exchange.

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
  ██████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
BigCat45

Activity: 441
Merit: 250

Bigboss

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 05:51:13 PM

Read up the bitbay ico. Bter admins involving in what i would say was an clear ico scam.

Also following after that was the bter hack story which imho was a pretty lame excuse for an inside job. (The inside job is just my opinion though)

Don't forget LISK story. 10mil XCR stuck on the exchange, people bombarding them with emails for a month (me included) to allow withdrawals. And all of the sudden admin "desperately" tries to find last Blockchain backup 1 hour before ICO end without success of cause. Yeah, like we are all that stupid to believe him. The only reason I still keep my account there is that he promised to return LISK for stuck coins. If I get those in the end - account delete. No trust left for them at all.
criptix
Legendary

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 06:08:44 PM

Don't forget LISK story. 10mil XCR stuck on the exchange, people bombarding them with emails for a month (me included) to allow withdrawals. And all of the sudden admin "desperately" tries to find last Blockchain backup 1 hour before ICO end without success of cause. Yeah, like we are all that stupid to believe him. The only reason I still keep my account there is that he promised to return LISK for stuck coins. If I get those in the end - account delete. No trust left for them at all.

GG

Good luck mate :/

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
  ██████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
teletobi

Activity: 734

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 10:30:54 PM

Is there a working BTCD Mac wallet around? My old QT won´t sync anymore and I can´t find a working link (Only the one in the OP). I tried the supposed workaround for the Mac described in the OP, but nothing changed. Still stuck at Block 838210 where it last synced sometimes last Year.

Goto http://cryptochainer.com/dir/ and download the blockchain and give it a try. Always backup your wallet first. Hope that work for you.

Looks like it´s working, Thank you!

Join the Elastic revolution!  Elastic - The Decentralized Supercomputer
ELASTIC WEBSITE | NEW ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD | ELASTIC SLACK | ELASTIC FORUM
cmg777

Activity: 478
Merit: 66

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2016, 09:40:20 AM

GG

Yea I lost some Doge and a little over a Litecoin from them. I only transferred all my alts (except my BTCD and various other stake coins) from Cryptsy over to BTER as they collapsed. I transferred a few others over to Poloniex. I was trading quite frequently on BTER and liked how you could earn daily interest on certain coins but that felt a bit fishy. I'd receive Doge from Genesis everyday but every so often BTER would change my address and not deposit the Doge after doing "maintenance". I would have to go into the Doge Block explorer and find the old wallet and tell them I am missing my Doge. I was tired of this so I withdrew everything and sent it to Polo. The only problem was I could never get my Litecoin from them but it wasn't much so I was just happy to leave that scam site. I bet they will be the next Mt. Gox here one day gone the next. I just hope Poloniex sticks around I really like that site but have grown to not trust exchanges any longer. 

vytasz7

Activity: 561

View Profile
March 30, 2016, 12:01:56 PM

GG

Yea I lost some Doge and a little over a Litecoin from them. I only transferred all my alts (except my BTCD and various other stake coins) from Cryptsy over to BTER as they collapsed. I transferred a few others over to Poloniex. I was trading quite frequently on BTER and liked how you could earn daily interest on certain coins but that felt a bit fishy. I'd receive Doge from Genesis everyday but every so often BTER would change my address and not deposit the Doge after doing "maintenance". I would have to go into the Doge Block explorer and find the old wallet and tell them I am missing my Doge. I was tired of this so I withdrew everything and sent it to Polo. The only problem was I could never get my Litecoin from them but it wasn't much so I was just happy to leave that scam site. I bet they will be the next Mt. Gox here one day gone the next. I just hope Poloniex sticks around I really like that site but have grown to not trust exchanges any longer. 

They are already mtgox
Azeh (OP)

Activity: 441

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 06:54:17 PM
Last edit: April 07, 2016, 03:07:18 PM by Azeh

Week 44: 11 BTCD have been paid to 613 unique BitcoinDark addresses for successfully staking blocks 1017349 1028120

Thanks for staking and supporting the BitcoinDark network. Again the BTCD prices continue to rise causing a slightly lower payout, which is a good problem to have Wink
BTC-BTC-BTC
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1001

www.neutroncoin.com

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 08:20:20 PM

Week 44: 11 BTCD have been paid to 613 unique BitcoinDark addresses for successfully staking blocks 1017349 1028120

Thanks for staking and supporting the BitcoinDark network. Again the BTCD prices continue to rise causing a slightly lower payout, which is a good problem to have Wink

Thanks Azeh. Appreciate it.
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2016, 08:50:18 PM

Thanks yourself; thanks a lot.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

KeyserSozeMC

Activity: 742

I'm dying.

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2016, 06:22:09 AM

J, if I had a vagina it would be yours rn.

Hey, smexy. Don't waste your time. Time's precious.
MadCow

Activity: 655

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 12:37:22 AM

J, if I had a vagina it would be yours rn.

I've never seen such devotion in a droid before
ethought
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 05:26:53 AM

BTCD needs a working block explorer.

http://explorebtcd.info is showing wrong results for some addresses.

And search does not seem to be working on: https://www.blockexperts.com

Are there any others?
jl777
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2016, 08:28:23 AM

For those who wanted to understand more how BTCD fits into the big picture:

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html

it is 100+ page report

100+ page annual report for SuperNET
4emily

Activity: 577

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 10:57:40 PM

it is 100+ page report

Recommended reading!
dollux

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 06:38:33 AM

it is 100+ page report

Recommended reading!

Yup sure is, yay  Smiley
Pages: « 1 ... 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 [488] 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 ... 547 »
  Print  

Jump to: