Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 03:46:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you Accept Komodo ICO conversion vs Reject Komodo ICO conversion and fund new dev team?
Accept - 145 (68.7%)
Reject - 66 (31.3%)
Total Voters: 211

Pages: « 1 ... 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 [168] 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 ... 547 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BTCD is no more  (Read 1328438 times)
MuFaza

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 08:12:12 AM

This multisig is really fun. After taking all this time to get working, now I just cant stop trying many combinations. All looking quite stable and very solid, but of course it is using localhost, so no real networking errors.
UDP sometimes is pretty finicky, but that is another advantage of the shared secret multisig. It essentially acts as an error correcting code, well at least as long I dont mix in packets that are corrupted. If even one bit gets changed, it will not match the packet crc and so just get ignored, then the decryption will also fail, so I would say the odds of bad data getting processed is ignorable, even using UDP path.

So, that means based on network error rate, we can set the M of N ratio and no only does the multisig give us a lot more privacy, it makes Teleport more reliable. Just imagine 100 rabbits being teleported and if only 40 survive, then the real rabbit can be recreated. That is M of 40, N of 100.

I dont think there is any other crypto that has up to 254 multisig and it is all configurable each time you do a teleport:

{"requestType":"teleport","secret":"","dest":"RUHAPSpJDHeFgFd1J34WHJ69TpkMBsWtBt","amount":".1","coin":"BTCD","minage":"1","M":"128","N":"254"}

The above is the JSON text my code looks for when doing a teleport. The "dest" is the public address and that is something you need to know somehow via different channel. "amount" is the amount of "coin", in this case 0.1 BTCD. "minage" is the youngest telepod you authorize to be used. Remember, the younger the telepod, the higher the attacker's chances of getting some statistical correlation. I would certainly not recommend minage of 1! Then there are the "M" and "N" fields, which are the multisig M of N and that's it. So you can control the teleport's most important parameters, of course we need to get a GUI so you dont have to be editing JSON, but I hope you can understand the basics of using Teleport.

I think I will skip the local encryption and go straight to a linkable library. I want to do some testnet teleports sooner rather than later! Since it is testnet, it wont matter if the telepod file format changes and I cant really test the third onion layer. OK, you convinced me, time to port into BTCD core.

James

Sounds good man. I assume we are starting beta tests when porting to BTCD core is completed and working or are you going to do more testing before beta?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jl777
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2014, 08:25:39 AM

This multisig is really fun. After taking all this time to get working, now I just cant stop trying many combinations. All looking quite stable and very solid, but of course it is using localhost, so no real networking errors.
UDP sometimes is pretty finicky, but that is another advantage of the shared secret multisig. It essentially acts as an error correcting code, well at least as long I dont mix in packets that are corrupted. If even one bit gets changed, it will not match the packet crc and so just get ignored, then the decryption will also fail, so I would say the odds of bad data getting processed is ignorable, even using UDP path.

So, that means based on network error rate, we can set the M of N ratio and no only does the multisig give us a lot more privacy, it makes Teleport more reliable. Just imagine 100 rabbits being teleported and if only 40 survive, then the real rabbit can be recreated. That is M of 40, N of 100.

I dont think there is any other crypto that has up to 254 multisig and it is all configurable each time you do a teleport:

{"requestType":"teleport","secret":"","dest":"RUHAPSpJDHeFgFd1J34WHJ69TpkMBsWtBt","amount":".1","coin":"BTCD","minage":"1","M":"128","N":"254"}

The above is the JSON text my code looks for when doing a teleport. The "dest" is the public address and that is something you need to know somehow via different channel. "amount" is the amount of "coin", in this case 0.1 BTCD. "minage" is the youngest telepod you authorize to be used. Remember, the younger the telepod, the higher the attacker's chances of getting some statistical correlation. I would certainly not recommend minage of 1! Then there are the "M" and "N" fields, which are the multisig M of N and that's it. So you can control the teleport's most important parameters, of course we need to get a GUI so you dont have to be editing JSON, but I hope you can understand the basics of using Teleport.

I think I will skip the local encryption and go straight to a linkable library. I want to do some testnet teleports sooner rather than later! Since it is testnet, it wont matter if the telepod file format changes and I cant really test the third onion layer. OK, you convinced me, time to port into BTCD core.

James

Sounds good man. I assume we are starting beta tests when porting to BTCD core is completed and working or are you going to do more testing before beta?
I will make libjl777 over the next couple days, BTCDdev will put in the calls to interface to it and hopefully this weekend we can be testing basic teleport on testnet. Keep in mind GUI status is still "not sure when it will be available", but those that can edit the basic teleport JSON should be able to test.
Then I add stuff like encrypting the telepods so even if your computer gets stolen they cant do anything with the telepods. I havent done much with tx reporting and error handling, I plan to do that while the basics are being tested.

Then I will fix the bugs as they are found and keep making releases until it has all the features needed and there are no significant bugs. It feels like a couple weeks to get there as now that I got the multisig to work (that was the trickiest), the rest is more detail work. Important, but not so difficult. Most things dont take me a full day to debug.

Ideally I can get back to pushing forward on InstantDEX before the end of month and that would mean I am just making the occasional bug fix to Teleport

James

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
bitkokos

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

0_0

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 10:02:59 AM

is there a minimum amount for payout in the bitcoindark.net multipool?
I only have unpaid balance for 2 days mining with sha256 and scrypt

O_o
Aptidude

Activity: 89

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 10:03:33 AM

James

I will make libjl777 over the next couple days, BTCDdev will put in the calls to interface to it and hopefully this weekend we can be testing basic teleport on testnet. Keep in mind GUI status is still "not sure when it will be available", but those that can edit the basic teleport JSON should be able to test.
Then I add stuff like encrypting the telepods so even if your computer gets stolen they cant do anything with the telepods. I havent done much with tx reporting and error handling, I plan to do that while the basics are being tested.

Then I will fix the bugs as they are found and keep making releases until it has all the features needed and there are no significant bugs. It feels like a couple weeks to get there as now that I got the multisig to work (that was the trickiest), the rest is more detail work. Important, but not so difficult. Most things dont take me a full day to debug.

Ideally I can get back to pushing forward on InstantDEX before the end of month and that would mean I am just making the occasional bug fix to Teleport

James

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MR6FXpaECY8
IceColdTommy

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 10:12:15 AM

nicehash has minimum before they send the BTC to your address, bitcoindark.net multipool will convert them to BTCD after received and send to you
bitkokos

0_0

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 10:18:19 AM

nicehash has minimum before they send the BTC to your address, bitcoindark.net multipool will convert them to BTCD after received and send to you

thanks
what's the minimum?

O_o
IceColdTommy

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 10:33:17 AM

thanks
what's the minimum?
Payments are issued four times a day if your unpaid balance is greater than 0.01 BTC. Every fourth payment (once per day) is issued if balance is greater than 0.001 BTC. We will do payments for balances greater than 0.0001 BTC once every few days.
bitkokos

0_0

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 10:58:23 AM

thanks
what's the minimum?
Payments are issued four times a day if your unpaid balance is greater than 0.01 BTC. Every fourth payment (once per day) is issued if balance is greater than 0.001 BTC. We will do payments for balances greater than 0.0001 BTC once every few days.

thank you!

O_o
Ezravdb

Activity: 1680
Merit: 506

Trphy.io

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 11:02:46 AM

not really a double top, but almost

░▒░░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓███▓░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
 ▓███▓                     
  ████░                     
  ▒████                     
   ░███▓                   
     ▓██▓                   
       ███░                 
         ▓█▓░               
           ▓█▒  ██         
           ▓█   ██▒         
        ░███░ ▒  ▓██▓       
        ▓█▒▓█▓█▓▓█▒▓█       
|
|

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
SHossain

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 11:10:21 AM
Last edit: August 13, 2014, 11:32:28 AM by SHossain

It seem a DRK troll is polluting our thread with weak non-fact based attempts at FUD.
In general 51% of a coin's marketcap is worth far more than 51% of hashing power costs. MARKET CAP HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH A COINS HASING POWER ! ! The former is what is needed to control a PoS coin and the latter a PoW coin. OH MY GOD! REALLY? IF I GET 51% OF THIS COIN, AS A WHOLE, I COULD DESTROY IT ! ! With bitcoin itself constantly in danger of being 51% attacked ONLY IF YOU HAVE MILLIONS UPON MILLIONS OF FIAT DOLLARS TO WASTE, AKA A GOV, this is about the weakest attempt at an attack again a PoS coin I have seen in a while. YOU MUST BE VERY EXPERIENCED IN SHITCOINS AND POS PUMP AND DUMPS - is this Bob?

Now there are certainly some weaknesses with PoS, NO FUCKING SHIT - as there are weaknesses with PoW GOT THAT MANY RIGS? MAYBE YOU HAVE A FARM? MAYBE A FARM IN SWEEDEN? MAYBE RIPPED OF A FEW ASIC PRE-ORDERS? SAID YOU WHERE GONNA TEST BEFORE YOU SHIPPED?. Basically nothing is perfect THIS SURE HELL ISN'T and the more nodes a network has, the stronger it will be. THERE YA GO - BOOST THE MORAL. THE MORE WE HAVE THE HARDER WE FALL NXT has a very advanced PoS algorithm YOU ARE NOT NXT - OH WAIT - DID YOU JUST ADMIT THAT YOU COPY AND PASTE NXT? - OH NOW THAT AWESOME STUFF- KEEP GOING - that has been designed to withstand all the known PoS attacks THE WORDS DESIGNED TO DOES NOT PROVE ANYTHING - I CAN DESIGN A LOT OF THINGS, DOES NOT MEAN IT ACTUALLY WORKS and while there are still some theoretical possibilities against it, OH I GUESS I SHOULD HAVE CONTINUED READING - SORRY - even Vitalik Buterin admits that NXT PoS is pretty good PRETTY GOOD IS NOT GONNA CUT IT IN THE REAL WORLD FOLKS !! and a very practical solution. I think there is a very real chance for etherium to be PoS. OH GOD FORBID YOU HAD TO GO THERE - WHY NOT JUST MAKE YOUR COIN A VACUUM THAT SUCKS THE COINS OUT - MAYBE AN INVERSE PoS

Now for a small coin, PoS or PoW, really doesnt matter. YEA IT KINDA DOES Any coin can be attacked, WELL NO SHIT even bitcoin, but of course it will take quite a bit of power BETTER TO SAY - MILLIONS UPON MILLIONS OF FIAT to go after the bitcoin network. With Teleport that is what needs to be brought down to stop Teleports as it will be supporting Teleporting Bitcoin and wont even use the BTCD blockchain for that. WHAT THE HELL DOES THIS LAST SENTENCE EVEN MEAN? So, clearly YES SO CLEARLY YOU HAVE THESE PEOPLE UNDER YOUR CONTROL our DRK troll is reading challenged and has not met our pirates. OH MY GOD - YOU GUYS HAVE PIRATES - I LOVE PIRATES - AARRRRGGGGG MATE'Y. CAN I HAVE AN EYE PATCH IF I JOIN THE CLUB?

James

P.S. I used to own over 1% of DRK. I'D LIKE TO SEE THAT ON THE BLOCKCHAIN PLEASE - IF NO PICTURE WAS TAKEN, IT NEVER HAPPENED Now I have 10 DRK left in an old wallet that has a hard time syncing up,MOST LIKELY BECAUSE YOU HAVE NEVER UPDATED YOUR WALLET - YOU DO KNOW THAT WE'RE ON 0.9.10.12 NOW? RIGHT? WHAT VERISON DO YOU HAVE? LOL but what do I know about crypto? FROM WHAT I CAN TELL - NOT A DAMN THING - I REALLY HOPE YOUR NOT ON THE DEV TEAM - YOUR STARTING TO SCARE ME Our DRK troll is clearly smarter than me and Vitalik put together, I AM STARTING TO THINK SO ALSO or maybe he is just clueless NOT CLUELESS and worried NOT WORRIED - MAYBE A LITTLE DRUNK - BUT HEY- WHAT THE HELL? that a mixing type of solution to anon is not really a solution at all. THERE YA GO - A MIXING TYPE OF SOLUTION - IT'S NOT ANON - IT'S A JOKE - DAMN PUMP AND DUMP -

Can we do this again some time?

I have to go back and read this again
- my friends had to go to the bathroom
- all at the same time
I'll never understand women - oh well

Just previewed it - wholly shit that's a lot of RED
I hope your also not color-blind

Just a newbie here. Been mining BTCD from the beginning bought some by mining BTC and now hodling. Never seen a TROLL before, happy to see one today. Probably would be better to see inside a cage without internet connection. Just go away and don't flood the thread with your USELESS posts if you have any problem with BTCD. We like this coin and will be going along with this coin. Even, if it goes down. Which I presume will NOT happen. If you need to continue your trolling open your own thread and start your SH!T discussions.
HoldingCorporate

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 12:40:30 PM

where is he looking the price-chart? yes, there stands bittrex.. but i only know https://bittrex.com/Market/?MarketName=BTC-BTCD ?

EDIT: found: http://altcoingraphs.com/bittrex/graphs/price/285875
PhilipMorris

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 02:23:35 PM

Could we get a poll starting regarding using the current (new) logo or the old / another logo?
Cassius
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2014, 02:53:03 PM

Cross-posting from NXT forum - job opportunity for a dev with experience of digital publishing platforms. https://nxtforum.org/job-board/digital-content-platform-maintenance-and-further-publishing-projects/
If you're a dev working or thinking of working on BTCD, do that instead!
cloudboy

Activity: 690
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 04:03:36 PM

DRK fans getting scared  Grin
crackfoo
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 1126

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2014, 04:04:31 PM

they should be Wink
Posted from Bitcointa.lk - #50wwkjOa3BXC1jF5

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2014, 04:13:58 PM

http://209.126.70.170/DarkPaper-Chinese.pdf

mellorbo

Activity: 620

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 04:16:16 PM

when you get trolls like that it just shows btcd has hit a nerve and is heading in the right direction.
crackfoo
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 1126

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2014, 04:20:06 PM

I will say though, both darks have a great development team behind them. I can't say that for any other coin out there.
Posted from Bitcointa.lk - #1X7niYI8kAm7zgBB

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
mellorbo

Activity: 620

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 04:23:28 PM

I will say though, both darks have a great development team behind them. I can't say that for any other coin out there.

i dont know a great deal about DRK tbh so i cant comment on them, but i do like what i see here
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2014, 04:25:26 PM

Evan does good work, but if DRK is just a decentralized coinjoin, then it is too weak for anything more than personal use.
In any case, BTCD will be able to teleport DRK, BTC, NXT, XMR, etc. Big businesses wont use anything other than BTC itself, but they couldnt until BTCD because of the total transparency of bitcoin

It really doesnt matter which anon coin wins, even if there is actually a single winner, BTCD will be right there teleporting it

James

Pages: « 1 ... 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 [168] 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 ... 547 »
  Print  

Jump to: