Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:53:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you Accept Komodo ICO conversion vs Reject Komodo ICO conversion and fund new dev team?
Accept - 145 (68.7%)
Reject - 66 (31.3%)
Total Voters: 211

Pages: « 1 ... 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 [169] 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 ... 547 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BTCD is no more  (Read 1328438 times)
Cassius
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2014, 04:32:09 PM

BTC for network effect. BTCD for privacy. NXT for 2.0. Is there anything missing from a crypto ecosystem/portfolio?
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SpringfieldM1A

Activity: 966
Merit: 550

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 04:55:30 PM

BTC for network effect. BTCD for privacy. NXT for 2.0. Is there anything missing from a crypto ecosystem/portfolio?

Excellent post, the only asset i'd like to add to the list is XC. It's also more of a platform (like BTCD) than 'just a coin', their focus is on mobile applications. I hold BTCD, XC, NXT and of course BTC itself Smiley
jl777
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2014, 04:58:29 PM

MIC
it is up 100x in the last week!

James

P.S. full disclosure, I am biggest MIC whale, JLH owns 10% of it Smiley

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
SpringfieldM1A

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 04:58:47 PM

Excellent work. Should we do a fundraiser for a prweb press release? The cost is $500.
Shadow56

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 05:00:55 PM

MIC

James

what is MIC?
valarmg

Activity: 237
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 05:02:55 PM

MIC

James

what is MIC?

Most Interesting Coin. It's Proof of Meme. You post a new Meme together with your Nxt account and you get MIC.

https://nxtforum.org/assets-board/(ann)(micoin)the-most-interesting-coin-in-the-world-pure-90-pom/
Cassius
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2014, 05:03:35 PM

MIC

James

I really thought that thing was just for comedy. I'll have to post a meme now.
Cassius
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2014, 05:04:12 PM

Excellent work. Should we do a fundraiser for a prweb press release? The cost is $500.

I think someone is LaTex-ing it, and putting images in. Probably worth waiting for that?
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2014, 05:07:50 PM

MIC

James

I really thought that thing was just for comedy. I'll have to post a meme now.
It is of course for entertainment only. Sometimes these funny memes are helping me to laugh so I support Ludom (who is now rumored to be BCNext!) to fund his asset issuing and distributing cost.

mellorbo

Activity: 620
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 05:11:25 PM

I will say though, both darks have a great development team behind them. I can't say that for any other coin out there.
Posted from Bitcointa.lk - #1X7niYI8kAm7zgBB
Evan does good work, but if DRK is just a decentralized coinjoin, then it is too weak for anything more than personal use.
In any case, BTCD will be able to teleport DRK, BTC, NXT, XMR, etc. Big businesses wont use anything other than BTC itself, but they couldnt until BTCD because of the total transparency of bitcoin

It really doesnt matter which anon coin wins, even if there is actually a single winner, BTCD will be right there teleporting it

James

This is my opinion nothing more.

i have followed this thread from the beginning (found late so caught up)
now i have absolute 0% knowledge in coding or coin development yet the community and devs in this thread have given me a different kind of "trust" with btcd than i have found in any other coin. you are active daily, you keep us informed of progress and setbacks and never seem to be far away when needed.

i have started to buy and hold btcd when i can afford to do so. i feel confident i will see a decent return on my investment even on a long term basis, this is due to the reasons above plus the speed at which you work and the dedication you put into it. its like you see a niche in the crypto world and snap it up.

You do not seem to want/expect to be #1 coin, it seems you want to just make a difference in crypto as a whole and for that i commend you.

jl777 - I think that due to the work you have done here and elsewhere throughout the community and for all possible future work, your name will be remembered for a long time.

sorry for the rant and the long way to say "great work keep it up" i just felt that dint quite cut it lol
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2014, 05:24:17 PM

I will say though, both darks have a great development team behind them. I can't say that for any other coin out there.
Evan does good work, but if DRK is just a decentralized coinjoin, then it is too weak for anything more than personal use.
In any case, BTCD will be able to teleport DRK, BTC, NXT, XMR, etc. Big businesses wont use anything other than BTC itself, but they couldnt until BTCD because of the total transparency of bitcoin

It really doesnt matter which anon coin wins, even if there is actually a single winner, BTCD will be right there teleporting it

James

now i have absolute 0% knowledge in coding or coin development yet the community and devs in this thread have given me a different kind of "trust" with btcd than i have found in any other coin. you are active daily, you keep us informed of progress and setbacks and never seem to be far away when needed.

i have started to buy and hold btcd when i can afford to do so. i feel confident i will see a decent return on my investment even on a long term basis, this is due to the reasons above plus the speed at which you work and the dedication you put into it. its like you see a niche in the crypto world and snap it up.

You do not seem to want/expect to be #1 coin, it seems you want to just make a difference in crypto as a whole and for that i commend you.

jl777 - I think that due to the work you have done here and elsewhere throughout the community and for all possible future work, your name will be remembered for a long time.

sorry for the rant and the long way to say "great work keep it up" i just felt that dint quite cut it lol
Wow! Thank you very much. Such kind works is always very helpful to gain strength to battle against difficult bugs.

The world is changing and in many ways for the worse. We used to all have cash to spend and other than the people you spent it with, nobody would really know. In many countries this is maybe the difference between being arrested or not and for the most ridiculous things are being made illegal.

Now cash is systematically being made illegal. You already cannot use cash for any large transactions and fewer and fewer places even accept it. Just use a credit card. Of course and every single transaction is open for anybody to see. Thanks, but not thanks.

Then comes bitcoin and people assume it is private. The big joke is that the govt officials are very happy for bitcoin usage, it is much easier to get transaction records than from credit card companies. Dont even need to submit silly paperwork to get access. Its all just right there. First the cloak and dagger agencies deanonymize, then the lesser agencies, and when the tax agency finally manages to obtain the social security number <-> bitcoin address database, then bitcoin will go from being one of the great things to a tool of the govt agencies

I am no criminal, but now they will probably make laws to classify me as big danger. No matter, I avoid USA and its allies from as big distance as possible. Of course Russia is no better and China, not sure yet.

The world needs cash or something that works like cash used to. This goes beyond any profit making or idealogical thing. Without cash and with govts in total control over what you spend, well, I see a very, very bad future down that path.

Since I can contribute to this fight against global oppression, I work 100+ hours a week to this goal, even though I have more money now than I can spend, though not more money than my wife can spend Smiley

James

mellorbo

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 05:47:33 PM

not a problem at all i like to give credit where credit is due.

crypto started for me as a hobby and a way to make a very small amount of profit. but as each day passed i understood it a little more, and im learning stuff from just reading and sitting in the background.
the more i learned the more profit i made and became wiser in my investments. i dont think this investment will be a bad one hopefully i can get rid of some of my other ipo coins and re invest here, alltho i think my missus will be taking her fair share of the profits too Grin
xtent

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 05:54:33 PM

crypto started for me as a hobby and a way to make a very small amount of profit. but as each day passed i understood it a little more, and im learning stuff from just reading and sitting in the background.
the more i learned the more profit i made and became wiser in my investments. i dont think this investment will be a bad one hopefully i can get rid of some of my other ipo coins and re invest here, alltho i think my missus will be taking her fair share of the profits too Grin

This sums up crypto for me as well.
The wife still doesn't fully understand it but listens more intently once she saw the portfolio, and of course is now in the planning stages of her dream vacation.  Which is made possible due to investments in coins I believed in.
Azeh (OP)

Activity: 441

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 05:56:36 PM

James

Wow! Thank you very much. Such kind works is always very helpful to gain strength to battle against difficult bugs.

The world is changing and in many ways for the worse. We used to all have cash to spend and other than the people you spent it with, nobody would really know. In many countries this is maybe the difference between being arrested or not and for the most ridiculous things are being made illegal.

Now cash is systematically being made illegal. You already cannot use cash for any large transactions and fewer and fewer places even accept it. Just use a credit card. Of course and every single transaction is open for anybody to see. Thanks, but not thanks.

Then comes bitcoin and people assume it is private. The big joke is that the govt officials are very happy for bitcoin usage, it is much easier to get transaction records than from credit card companies. Dont even need to submit silly paperwork to get access. Its all just right there. First the cloak and dagger agencies deanonymize, then the lesser agencies, and when the tax agency finally manages to obtain the social security number <-> bitcoin address database, then bitcoin will go from being one of the great things to a tool of the govt agencies

I am no criminal, but now they will probably make laws to classify me as big danger. No matter, I avoid USA and its allies from as big distance as possible. Of course Russia is no better and China, not sure yet.

The world needs cash or something that works like cash used to. This goes beyond any profit making or idealogical thing. Without cash and with govts in total control over what you spend, well, I see a very, very bad future down that path.

Since I can contribute to this fight against global oppression, I work 100+ hours a week to this goal, even though I have more money now than I can spend, though not more money than my wife can spend Smiley

James

I can tell you from experience that China is not better...likely worse...unless of course you're one of the officials in charge.
mellorbo

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 06:04:32 PM

This sums up crypto for me as well.
The wife still doesn't fully understand it but listens more intently once she saw the portfolio, and of course is now in the planning stages of her dream vacation.  Which is made possible due to investments in coins I believed in.

yea my partner only understands the end fiat amount not the principles of crypto. the highest my portfolio got was <20 BTC from 0 mining on a 6770 gpu and trading. now im at <1 (had to cash out to buy transport to find work and pay bills e.t.c) but im confident ill make more, im a lot more hesitant with my investments now and it seems to be paying off so far.

SpringfieldM1A

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 06:15:06 PM

I think someone is LaTex-ing it, and putting images in. Probably worth waiting for that?
Agreed, good point.
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2014, 06:55:50 PM

Good news, well I think its good news.

I realized there is no need to put all my code into the first version of libjl777, so it will only have 15,000 lines of my code (and 20,000+ lines of other code), so that will reduce the time needed to get it all "library-ized" I am not so good with linkers though, I usually just include all the source files and just compile a single file, but this seems to crash the poor microsoft compiler in win7...

I am using quite a few other libraries to build on top of: nacl, libwebsockets, libuv, libtom, picoc, gzip, curl and a few others. I could just make one giant project that starts from the sources of all these projects, which would eliminate the need to go find these from other places. On the other hand, that is just spending time moving stuff around and I dont like reinventing wheels...

How about this for build instructions:
1. find acceptable versions for libnacl (libsodium on Windows), libwebsockets, libuv, gzip and libcurl and make copies/links to them in the build directory for libjl777 (nacl.a, libwebsockets.a, libuv.a, libcurl.a) and I will just assume they are there
2. make

Now you can #include "jl777.h" and link in libjl777 to get access to all the features

Would that be acceptable?

James

whitegold15

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 07:06:19 PM

Hey guys, I'm new to these forums, but I've been investing in BTC for a couple years now. I've been following this thread since the beginning and I'm happy to say that I'm a large investor in BTCD now as well Smiley Just wanted to say hi to everyone and a big thanks to James and all the helpers for their hard work. I'll be donating 200 BTCD. Have a good one guys!
crackfoo
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 1126

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2014, 07:09:06 PM

is there a guide to setting up a privacy server on debian/ubuntu anywhere?
Posted from Bitcointa.lk - #3IkMOkiPGm6DWIBy

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2014, 07:13:22 PM

is there a guide to setting up a privacy server on debian/ubuntu anywhere?
Posted from Bitcointa.lk - #3IkMOkiPGm6DWIBy
It will be just to install BitcoinDarkd and make the appropriate entries in the .conf file, also will need a NXT core running and whatever other coin daemons you want your tradebots to have access to.

Now I think the build process might become a bit more complicated as you will need to get:
libcurl, libwebsockets, libnacl, and gzip but for ubuntu these are pretty standard and probably:
-lcurl -lwebsockets -lnacl -lz -luv

The above link extras will allow it to link libjl777

James

Pages: « 1 ... 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 [169] 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 ... 547 »
  Print  

Jump to: