Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 06:57:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you Accept Komodo ICO conversion vs Reject Komodo ICO conversion and fund new dev team?
Accept - 145 (68.7%)
Reject - 66 (31.3%)
Total Voters: 211

Pages: « 1 ... 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 [173] 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 ... 547 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BTCD is no more  (Read 1328437 times)
thevampireskilledit

Activity: 234
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 04:58:14 PM

Donation Update!

We're now asking the community to help raise funds for development purposes.  We currently have a lot in the pipeline, and we have need to fund Core Development, Website Development, Promotion and Marketing, etc.

All donations will be pooled into one large fund with which the dev team will then use on a need to need basis.  The process will be transparent and all funds being paid out will be listed on the new website.  

Our short term goal is to raise 5000 BTCD.  We hope the BitcoinDark community can provide the support we need to make BTCD one of the top coins around!

James (jl777) will match all BTCD raised for donations with an equal market value of NXTprivacy

Please support BitcoinDark development by providing a donation to the following address:

RDtnnLj5LQ8YMxBJbHX1N4jNKeaC67FLGW

Current Total: 464.3495

Just sent 36 to hit 500. Smiley
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Azeh (OP)

Activity: 441
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 05:02:53 PM

Donation Update!

We're now asking the community to help raise funds for development purposes.  We currently have a lot in the pipeline, and we have need to fund Core Development, Website Development, Promotion and Marketing, etc.

All donations will be pooled into one large fund with which the dev team will then use on a need to need basis.  The process will be transparent and all funds being paid out will be listed on the new website.  

Our short term goal is to raise 5000 BTCD.  We hope the BitcoinDark community can provide the support we need to make BTCD one of the top coins around!

James (jl777) will match all BTCD raised for donations with an equal market value of NXTprivacy

Please support BitcoinDark development by providing a donation to the following address:

Awesome, thanks!

Current Donation total 500.3495 BTCD
VanBreuk

Activity: 460
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 05:10:08 PM

Hello BTCD crowd,

I'm an admin at nxtforum.org and the Nxt Wiki, I manage http://multigateway.org, the MGW service docs/user support and others, and overall I try to keep up following developments lead by James. He sensibly suggested me to follow the BTCD thread, so here I am, trying to catch up.

So just saying hi, and if there's any ongoing initiatives I can be useful for, please let me know. I'm a very small BTCD holder but seems clear that this will become my second stop after Nxt Smiley

Keep up the great work.
Cassius
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2014, 05:20:27 PM

Hello BTCD crowd,

I'm an admin at nxtforum.org and the Nxt Wiki, I manage http://multigateway.org, the MGW service docs/user support and others, and overall I try to keep up following developments lead by James. He sensibly suggested me to follow the BTCD thread, so here I am, trying to catch up.

So just saying hi, and if there's any ongoing initiatives I can be useful for, please let me know. I'm a very small BTCD holder but seems clear that this will become my second stop after Nxt Smiley

Keep up the great work.

Hello VanBreuk Smiley A good few NXTers here for some reason...
crackfoo
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 1126

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2014, 05:21:55 PM

Hope everyone enjoys the new look!

I like the way it conveys "bitcoin" in dark
Not sure about upper lower case, but the important thing is to convey that BTCD makes bitcoin itself dark
people will assume (correctly) that BTCD itself is dark, but most will be surprised that BTCD makes Bitcoin Dark

James

That's why the main image represents a portal..."teleport".  A lot of time and effort was put into this by the non-core dev team, and I'm pretty happy with the final logo we've developed.  We've moved away from the "coin" image that everyone else seems to be stuck on.  Our logo represents a portal in abstract form and will be easily recognizeable, and is perfectly scaleable, so it is very to make out even at small sizes.  Another aspect is that the gold logo will be the main logo, however we can use different colors for different features, e.g. blue for teleport, green for privatebet, black for anon card, etc.

are you changing the logo again?

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
VanBreuk

Activity: 460

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 05:28:53 PM

Hello BTCD crowd,

Keep up the great work.

Hello VanBreuk Smiley A good few NXTers here for some reason...

Hello, sir. I believe nxters will be described in the future as having a sharp sense of smell Smiley
Azeh (OP)

Activity: 441

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 05:33:07 PM

Hope everyone enjoys the new look!

I like the way it conveys "bitcoin" in dark
Not sure about upper lower case, but the important thing is to convey that BTCD makes bitcoin itself dark
people will assume (correctly) that BTCD itself is dark, but most will be surprised that BTCD makes Bitcoin Dark

James

That's why the main image represents a portal..."teleport".  A lot of time and effort was put into this by the non-core dev team, and I'm pretty happy with the final logo we've developed.  We've moved away from the "coin" image that everyone else seems to be stuck on.  Our logo represents a portal in abstract form and will be easily recognizeable, and is perfectly scaleable, so it is very to make out even at small sizes.  Another aspect is that the gold logo will be the main logo, however we can use different colors for different features, e.g. blue for teleport, green for privatebet, black for anon card, etc.

Not the logo, but he color for the main logo will be blue.  

1) A lot of feedback was critical of such a radical logo change and blue is more related to the old logo.

2) The blue spiral logo will fit in much better with the space theme that will be presented on the new websites.

The key here is the actual spiral logo will remain unchanged.  Other colors variations of the logo will be used as they are needed, however the plan is to make the blue logo the main logo image.

edit** new images can be found here: http://s46.photobucket.com/user/bitcoindark1/library/Official%20BitcoinDark%20logos%20and%20images?sort=4&page=1
crackfoo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2014, 05:38:51 PM

That's why the main image represents a portal..."teleport".  A lot of time and effort was put into this by the non-core dev team, and I'm pretty happy with the final logo we've developed.  We've moved away from the "coin" image that everyone else seems to be stuck on.  Our logo represents a portal in abstract form and will be easily recognizeable, and is perfectly scaleable, so it is very to make out even at small sizes.  Another aspect is that the gold logo will be the main logo, however we can use different colors for different features, e.g. blue for teleport, green for privatebet, black for anon card, etc.

Not the logo, but he color for the main logo will be blue.  

1) A lot of feedback was critical of such a radical logo change and blue is more related to the old logo.

2) The blue spiral logo will fit in much better with the space theme that will be presented on the new websites.

The key here is the actual spiral logo will remain unchanged.  Other colors variations of the logo will be used as they are needed, however the plan is to make the blue logo the main logo image.

Thanks, I'll update it again on my multipool.

Cheers!

BitcoinDark Multipool
http://btcd.xpool.ca

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
BTCDDev

Activity: 255

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 06:07:56 PM

Another update!

I have been hard at work on this for the last few days. I changed the transaction fees based on whether you are teleporting, and just integrated a custom rpc command that will allow us to make calls to libjl777 anytime we want! We will be teleporting before we know it!

Matthew

BitcoinDark: RPHWc5CwP9YMMbvXQ4oXz5rQHb3pKkhaxc
Top Donations: juicybirds 420BTCD ensorcell 84BTCD Stuntruffle: 40BTCD
Top April Donations: juicybirds 420BTCD; ensorcell: 42BTCD
jl777
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2014, 06:11:01 PM

I am surprised so few comments on article, so to make sure we always have a copy, I cut and paste it here:
https://bitscan.com/articles/anonymity-why-dark-is-the-new-black

###
Anonymity: why Dark is the new Black
Thursday 14 August 2014

There’s a new anonymity protocol in town, and it’s going to blow the competition out of the water. Teleport, currently in implementation by BitcoinDark, isn’t about ring signature algorithms or complex mixing. It’s about best practice, old-school street smarts and a complete ecosystem designed from the ground up for privacy. Oh, and pirates. A lot of pirates. But best of all, it’s cryptocurrency agnostic. Whether or not a coin has been designed with privacy in mind, BitcoinDark will take it, anonymise it and hand it back to you.

BitcoindarkA couple of months back this article looked at the growing cryptocurrency trend towards anonymity (amongst other things). An increasing number of coins now offer various levels of privacy, and it seems like something that is only going to become more important as time goes on.

Given that bitcoin rose to prominence largely due to the ‘anonymous’ transactions it facilitated on the Silk Road, it’s ironic that bitcoin itself is anything but anonymous. It’s pseudonymous, at best (you can see exactly where the money is going, you just can’t always tell who it’s going to). In reality, it’s surprisingly easy to glean enough information to track the owner of almost any account. And that’s a problem for a lot of people.

Your money, your business
It’s not just criminals who care about anonymity. In the grand scheme of things, the few million dollars spent on the Silk Road and its successors is pretty minor – certainly less than the physical cash that is handed over on the streets for drugs every day. Imagine you’re a tech company, working at the cutting edge of your field. Any competitor who can see where the money’s come from and going to – customers, suppliers, consultants, employees – can start to get a picture of what’s going on, who to look into more closely, and who to compromise. That’s the same whether you’re using conventional banking or bitcoin. Add a whole host of personal reasons for keeping your cashflow away from the prying eyes of various different parties, and it’s potentially a very big market. So perhaps it’s not surprising that anonymous protocols are catching on.

Darkcoin is currently the most popular anon coin. It uses DarkSend, an implementation of CoinJoin – essentially a sophisticated mixing protocol. It’s not bad, but it’s not perfect, either. (The money can theoretically be unmixed, and there are potential vulnerabilities opened up by the way the network operates its masternodes.) The same goes for coins like Monero, which are based on CryptoNote, an implementation of ring signatures (these allow several keys to sign a transaction, making it far harder to track who is sending what). Unfortunately, CryptoNote comes at the price of immense blockchain bloat – making it unsustainably unwieldy.

In both cases, some correlations are still possible, and everything is kept on the blockchain, openly and permanently. Advances in computing could make coins based on mixing and ring signatures one day as transparent as bitcoin. That’s why Teleport is such a big deal.

The future’s Dark

Teleport is a totally different approach to anonymity. It’s not so much complex or sophisticated, in the way that CryptoNote or CoinJoin are. It’s more street smart. Its core idea doesn’t rely on advanced mathematics or superior encryption – more best practice, implemented within a framework designed for privacy from the ground up.

It’s currently being integrated into BitcoinDark (BTCD), a relatively new coin, but the great thing is that it will work with any cryptocurrency – either if it’s built into their protocols itself, or through third party services that will act as a bridge through to BTCD and back out again, including a quick Teleport. So, how does it work?

You can read a preliminary version of the darkpaper here. Most coins have white papers, but not BTCD. The purpose of a white paper is to put a concept on public record in enough detail for other experts to implement and critique. White papers generally use terminology that is so complex that they are essentially inaccessible to almost everyone. Teleport’s darkpaper, by contrast, comprehensively sets out the new concept of anonymity in a way that’s not only extremely accessible – particularly given the highly complex subject material – but even something approaching fun. Pirates feature heavily, in a series of illustrations designed to explain everything from the ways bitcoin transactions are traceable, through the background of ring signatures and other anonymity solutions, via onion routing and broadcasting, to the core idea of Teleport itself. It’s a little unconventional, to say the least, but as a result it will probably be far more widely read than just about any other cryptocurrency white paper – Satoshi Nakamoto’s seminal one on peer-to-peer cash included.

BitScan treasure map

Treasure maps
The concept behind Teleport is simple, once you get hold of it – though actually creating a functional coin with it is a whole lot more complicated. Fundamental to the idea is that a cryptocurrency transaction is simply a batch of data submitted to the network, with the transaction then being added to the blockchain. Rather than submit that data, you can package it up and send it to another user – over an encrypted link, of course. In other words, you’re not sending someone money. You’re sending them the capability of making a transaction.

In the Teleport system, this package of transaction information – the ability to make a transaction – is called a telepod. The recipient executes the transaction, and the money is sent into a designated address that has never been used before. They then sweep the balance into another new and unused address (to prevent the sender double-spending it) and there it is: the money is in the possession of the new owner, but there’s no link to that owner whatsoever. From the point of view of the blockchain, it just looks like the original sender has moved his own money into a new account. The same thing can happen dozens or hundreds of times, and all anyone looking at the blockchain will see is that the same account was ‘cloned’ time and again. There’s zero evidence of who cloned it. Here’s how the darkpaper expresses it:

‘Alice acquires a treasure map drawn by pirate Jack Sparrow. Understanding that some pirates may be untrustworthy, Alice digs up the treasure and moves it to a different chest in another location. She copies the map and updates it with a new ‘X marks the spot’, crossing out the previous one and discarding the old map. Alice loses her new map to Bob in a game of chance. Bob, suspecting that Alice may have kept a copy of the map, moves the treasure, makes a copy of the map himself and updates it with a new ‘X’, again discarding the original. He later uses the new map as payment for Catherine. In such fashion, the map and the location of the treasure change hands many times over. However, if care is taken when passing each map on, then there is no evidence for the identity of any of the previous owners. The only thing we know for sure is that the treasure and the first map once belonged to Jack Sparrow.’
Hyperspace
Thus the money is ‘teleported’ outside of the blockchain, into unused addresses owned by new recipients, until someone wants to remove it from what the paper terms ‘hyperspace’ – that is, back to a regular account that has a connection with the rest of the network. At this point, there are potential problems, since addresses that are linked to others can be traced using a variety of techniques (also detailed in the paper, using pirate analogies). Fortunately, there are some solutions to this. One is to use the BTCD cash card – like a prepaid credit card, to which balances are cashed out. Obtain one anonymously, and no one can trace the cash you send to it. Another way, one that keeps the coins on the blockchain, is to cash it out through the original creator of the telepod – that is, the account to which everything can be traced back. Since this is already public knowledge, there’s no downside there. A network of tradebots is also under way so that other cryptocurrencies can be sent to the BTCD network, anonymised through Teleport, and transferred back to the original cryptocurrency.

And there it is: robust anonymity without the vulnerabilities of mixing or the problems of blockchain bloat. Time will tell whether Teleport has issues of its own, but another viable approach to anonymity must be welcomed – especially as it can be applied to any coin. The future’s Dark, indeed.

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
PilotofBTC
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 06:49:19 PM

is there a BTCD gateway to the NXT exchange. I'm trying to limit my exposure to exchanges and this isn't trade on BTER, about the only place I trade these days other then the AE.
PilotofBTC
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 06:57:47 PM

So, has anyone done the math. Is it cheaper to rent a mining rig and point it to the multipool, or just buy the stuff? Any idea of BTCD per GHs?
Cassius
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2014, 06:59:28 PM

is there a BTCD gateway to the NXT exchange. I'm trying to limit my exposure to exchanges and this isn't trade on BTER, about the only place I trade these days other then the AE.

On its way soon - I think BTCD is the next coin James intends to integrate with MGW. Not sure of exact timing but don't imagine it will be long.
IceColdTommy

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 07:07:14 PM

So, has anyone done the math. Is it cheaper to rent a mining rig and point it to the multipool, or just buy the stuff? Any idea of BTCD per GHs?

its usually not good to rent to mine on a multipool it will be better to buy it, but if you have your own rigs than its profitable
jl777
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2014, 07:37:06 PM

On its way soon - I think BTCD is the next coin James intends to integrate with MGW. Not sure of exact timing but don't imagine it will be long.
Ive been a bit busy recently so not having time to add BTCD to MGW, it is all coded, just need to find the time to fiddle with servers and I am not so good at that, plus it is quite time consuming so when Teleport is in testing I plan to do this

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
mvag

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 07:40:27 PM

its usually not good to rent to mine on a multipool it will be better to buy it, but if you have your own rigs than its profitable

What kind of mining and Ghs are you talking about? Wasn't BTCD at PoS stage that doesn't depend on a hardware?

-- Sorry if this turns out to be a stupid question...
criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 07:45:40 PM

What kind of mining and Ghs are you talking about? Wasn't BTCD at PoS stage that doesn't depend on a hardware?

yeah exactly but for people that want to mine there are existing multipools.
you can point your miner on the multipool which will mine the most cost effective coin that will be sold on exchanges to buy btcd.

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
      ██████                   █████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
whitegold15

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 08:06:58 PM

Donation Update!

add another 100 to that total, its otw
bitkokos

Activity: 490

0_0

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 09:12:02 PM

For those interested, bigVern (cryptsy) said he will implement a new system where we could trade any coin to any other coin instead of first converting to LTC and/or BTC

O_o
crackfoo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2014, 09:16:47 PM

yeah exactly but for people that want to mine there are existing multipools.
you can point your miner on the multipool which will mine the most cost effective coin that will be sold on exchanges to buy btcd.

Yeah I wouldn't recommend renting to point at multipools unless you're expecting a big rise in price. You can see some stats from my BTCD multipool here:

Global Stats:

http://btcd.xpool.ca/profits

My worker stats:

http://btcd.xpool.ca/miner?worker=RDTVREbjF5JeyteiHd9Q6Q5hJRgEnuwrkV

Cheers!

Pages: « 1 ... 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 [173] 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 ... 547 »
  Print  

Jump to: