Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 08:07:24 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN]Cassubian Detk (CDT) QUBIT PoW - coin for wooden investment  (Read 78631 times)
alicea (OP)

Activity: 1050
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 07:13:29 PM

I understand Detk could be a part of this project too. I guess Detk tree investment have to offer not only that, because something was mentioned about trees & bees project. I would like it to be better explained and specified.

In short words:
The prices of timber is growing from year to year (you can ask Teodor to have more details), so planting the wood is a good but long term investment. Hard and rare timber, like mahogany, is expensive. It's a good business to plant other trees like oak or pine tree (in eastern Europe there're thousands of hectares of it, being planted, after some years cut and sold). Some of them - rare and hard - are really good investment. This is one branch of trees & trade - Investment Trees.

Second branch is trees 4 bees. It is a bit different, because it concerns only the trees that are pollinator-friendly, so it combines investment with ecology support. As you know, we have a bee disaster because of pesticides used all around the world for the last 50 years and monocultures of certain plants. We have to support the bee population (and all the pollinators populations), because if we don't, we won't have fruit or rapeseed anymore (pollinating is necessary for those plants). This is how the nature regulates itself. The species in this branch would be eg. accacia, lime, maple - the trees that support pollinator by feeding them and letting them make home (therefore they rebuild their natural population). According to scientists I've talked with, even a small (several dozen trees) plantation makes a big difference to a local ecosystem (e.g. a county). Those trees after cut they are used for several things from furniture to guitars.

Trees24 is an upcoming website, where you'll be able to buy or sell the trees online during they grow - something like stock trading of corn, soy or wheat that is still growing somewhere on the farm. The trees will have their "time-to-cut" fixed, so after certain time their valid owners will be able to monetize them (or wait some more time and let them grow bigger and therefore to enlarge their profit). I think that trading online will make a very good profit for you personally if you buy some trees and wait a bit, because there're a lot of people who want to support the ecology and they would learn about cryptocoins, try them and buy the trees4bees to be more eco-trendy. Ecology is trendy, and this is the way for all the crypto community to popularise the coins.

If you wish, I can send you more detailed description and draft plan.

*Sakura*
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1005

I wish you all love and profitable investments!!!

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 08:52:35 PM

I understand Detk could be a part of this project too. I guess Detk tree investment have to offer not only that, because something was mentioned about trees & bees project. I would like it to be better explained and specified.

In short words:
The prices of timber is growing from year to year (you can ask Teodor to have more details), so planting the wood is a good but long term investment. Hard and rare timber, like mahogany, is expensive. It's a good business to plant other trees like oak or pine tree (in eastern Europe there're thousands of hectares of it, being planted, after some years cut and sold). Some of them - rare and hard - are really good investment. This is one branch of trees & trade - Investment Trees.

Second branch is trees 4 bees. It is a bit different, because it concerns only the trees that are pollinator-friendly, so it combines investment with ecology support. As you know, we have a bee disaster because of pesticides used all around the world for the last 50 years and monocultures of certain plants. We have to support the bee population (and all the pollinators populations), because if we don't, we won't have fruit or rapeseed anymore (pollinating is necessary for those plants). This is how the nature regulates itself. The species in this branch would be eg. accacia, lime, maple - the trees that support pollinator by feeding them and letting them make home (therefore they rebuild their natural population). According to scientists I've talked with, even a small (several dozen trees) plantation makes a big difference to a local ecosystem (e.g. a county). Those trees after cut they are used for several things from furniture to guitars.

Trees24 is an upcoming website, where you'll be able to buy or sell the trees online during they grow - something like stock trading of corn, soy or wheat that is still growing somewhere on the farm. The trees will have their "time-to-cut" fixed, so after certain time their valid owners will be able to monetize them (or wait some more time and let them grow bigger and therefore to enlarge their profit). I think that trading online will make a very good profit for you personally if you buy some trees and wait a bit, because there're a lot of people who want to support the ecology and they would learn about cryptocoins, try them and buy the trees4bees to be more eco-trendy. Ecology is trendy, and this is the way for all the crypto community to popularise the coins.

If you wish, I can send you more detailed description and draft plan.

Well that developer has a clear plan and she knows what she wants.
Indeed, the trees - this is a very profitable investment. I'm already thinking to become an investor because I like long-term investments. In addition, I will help to preserve our nature. Will follow the development of the project. Good luck, Dev!
fartbags
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 09:08:34 PM

I like the 5 minute block time.

alicea (OP)

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 09:14:52 PM

Thank you crocko Smiley I like the allcoin.com exchange but their email is irresponsible (mailer daemons organised in evil Mail Delivery System tell me bla-bla-bla). Who could help me writing to them?

k_d

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 09:33:45 PM

Thank you crocko Smiley I like the allcoin.com exchange but their email is irresponsible (mailer daemons organised in evil Mail Delivery System tell me bla-bla-bla). Who could help me writing to them?

Help you writing to daemons? Grin
alicea (OP)

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 09:44:30 PM

Help you writing to daemons? Grin

Good joke, k_d Grin
Not to the daemons but to the exchange Grin

Markos

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 10:50:56 PM

Well that developer has a clear plan and she knows what she wants.
Indeed, the trees - this is a very profitable investment. I'm already thinking to become an investor because I like long-term investments. In addition, I will help to preserve our nature. Will follow the development of the project. Good luck, Dev!

Ecology is always fashionable, but there is nothing wrong with that Smiley
alicea (OP)

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 11:43:19 AM

Cassubian Detk has entered its first exchange.
You can trade here: https://cryptoine.com/trade/cdt_btc

This exchange looks OK, and has some serious coins like DOGE, DRK, LTC, MIN, QRK, USDE, VTC. But it's a new exchange, so trade with caution. And every time I advice to read the terms of service before using a new website or service https://cryptoine.com/static/terms (I hope you always read the terms of service).

Teodor

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 11:54:57 AM

Cassubian Detk has entered its first exchange.
You can trade here: https://cryptoine.com/trade/cdt_btc

This exchange looks OK, and has some serious coins like DOGE, DRK, LTC, MIN, QRK, USDE, VTC. But it's a new exchange, so trade with caution. And every time I advice to read the terms of service before using a new website or service https://cryptoine.com/static/terms (I hope you always read the terms of service).
Great! I am gonna buy soon some CDT. Success!

SMith777

Activity: 84

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2014, 02:48:45 PM

WOW net hashrate hit 500 MH/S, yesterday was only 100 - 150.
I think CDT will hit soon some big exchange like Bittrex, Mintapal or CRYPTSY (probably BITTREX)

alicea (OP)

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 03:27:13 PM

I think CDT will hit soon some big exchange like Bittrex, Mintapal or CRYPTSY (probably BITTREX)

Well, the net hashrate and diff had lowered 2-3 days after launch, and then patient miners had about a week to mine in peace at low diff Smiley Who was thinking cold, could predict that low diff will not last forever. Now (still cold thinking) one can predict that the price will come back to this 0.1-0.2 mBTC from today's morning soon.

I would like to ask you to vote on other exchanges' votings shown in the first post of this thread:
https://askcoin.net/votes (good place)
https://comkort.com/vote/#CDT (just started)
https://bter.com/voting (just started)

k_d

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 03:38:28 PM

Well, the net hashrate and diff had lowered 2-3 days after launch, and then patient miners had about a week to mine in peace at low diff Smiley Who was thinking cold, could predict that low diff will not last forever. Now (still cold thinking) one can predict that the price will come back to this 0.1-0.2 mBTC from today's morning soon.

Maybe I am new and my knowledge is not very good, but could anybody explain the phenomenon to me? Some hours ago, as Alicea writes and everybody can see on cryptoine, there were people buying Detk for 0.1 and even 0.2 mBTC. Goods are worth as much as the buyer is going to pay and there were buyers paying up to 0.2 mBTC, so we can conclude that CDT is worth something about 0.1-0.2 mBTC. WHY did some people place the sell offers at 0.07777 and 0.08800 mBTC - at much lower price? They want to sell cheap and earn less? Or they are "orphans after free market" thinking that only lowering the price causes the transaction?
marada

Activity: 442

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 03:51:40 PM

Maybe I am new and my knowledge is not very good, but could anybody explain the phenomenon to me? Some hours ago, as Alicea writes and everybody can see on cryptoine, there were people buying Detk for 0.1 and even 0.2 mBTC. Goods are worth as much as the buyer is going to pay and there were buyers paying up to 0.2 mBTC, so we can conclude that CDT is worth something about 0.1-0.2 mBTC. WHY did some people place the sell offers at 0.07777 and 0.08800 mBTC - at much lower price? They want to sell cheap and earn less? Or they are "orphans after free market" thinking that only lowering the price causes the transaction?

They are most likely willing to sell it fast. The market is very young and shallow. They are trying to outbid the others so their offer was the first in the query.
We had low difficulty for couple of days and it resulted in relatively easy coins.
They think probably "easy come - easy go"
or some may even think "now or never".

Well, people sold tons of BTC for cents not so far ago. Now they cry a lot Wink.
kryptologist

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

@kryptographer

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 04:05:28 PM

They are worried the price is going to plummet. Miners need to guarantee ROI on their rig equipment. Lots of coins appear legit but turn into scams and are worthless. The usual thing is for miners to dump their coins as soon as it hits an exchange, then you find out where the support lines are. So the price usually keeps dropping until the buy support lines are hit. Sometimes people sell too cheap, sometimes they buy too expensive. As a trader you can take advantage of miners/dumpers that just want small but good gains on their ROI. You must evaluate every coin you are investing in and make your own decisions on when to sell and when to buy. Sometimes it is impossible to know and everything is manipulated by inside traders. It is not easy, people are looking to take your money.

The devs here look like real hard working people. Right from the start you should notice they are not anonymous newbies (which often indicates a scam coin). They have a legitimate business plan here. I am looking to support this team and will hopefully be using my CDT to purchase trees Smiley
Teodor

Activity: 252

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 04:09:52 PM

Well, people sold tons of BTC for cents not so far ago. Now they cry a lot Wink.
But there were also smart buyers who are dancing Smiley
I am ready to wipe the market of some coins if and when the price goes very low  Grin
Let those who sell too low cry  Cry

alicea (OP)

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 05:10:38 PM

They are most likely willing to sell it fast. The market is very young and shallow. They are trying to outbid the others so their offer was the first in the query.
We had low difficulty for couple of days and it resulted in relatively easy coins.
They think probably "easy come - easy go"
or some may even think "now or never".

@Marada, this low diff period was a blessing for people with smaller hardware! Even smaller but more patient could mine a lot.

@k_d, I like this term "orphans after free market", but seriously: some people seem to think that this is the coin like many others. But it is different, because there're concrete ideas, projects and goods for which this coin was created.

SMith777

Activity: 84

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2014, 06:39:59 PM

I think that nowadays the best place for new coins is BITTREX.
They add any coins for 2 BTC bounty.

alicea (OP)

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 07:06:07 PM

I think that nowadays the best place for new coins is BITTREX.
They add any coins for 2 BTC bounty.

This is not "any coin" Wink

BTW: Tomorrow there will be the launch of a very interesting digital service that could be payed in CDT only Smiley I can reveal a bit of the secret now, that it would be very useful for owners of personal blogs or those ones who want to ameliorate their profiles on community portals e.g. FB Wink

k_d

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 08:47:01 PM

They are worried the price is going to plummet. Miners need to guarantee ROI on their rig equipment. Lots of coins appear legit but turn into scams and are worthless. The usual thing is for miners to dump their coins as soon as it hits an exchange, then you find out where the support lines are. So the price usually keeps dropping until the buy support lines are hit. Sometimes people sell too cheap, sometimes they buy too expensive. As a trader you can take advantage of miners/dumpers that just want small but good gains on their ROI. You must evaluate every coin you are investing in and make your own decisions on when to sell and when to buy. Sometimes it is impossible to know and everything is manipulated by inside traders. It is not easy, people are looking to take your money.

The devs here look like real hard working people. Right from the start you should notice they are not anonymous newbies (which often indicates a scam coin). They have a legitimate business plan here. I am looking to support this team and will hopefully be using my CDT to purchase trees Smiley

OK, I understand it, but this works when there buy orders and the miners sell their coin to those buyers who have placed their buy orders before. Here's another situation: there're no buy offers, ony sell orders. The last price (after first green candle) was 0.2 mBTC. What is the point putting own sell order lower than 0.1 mBTC? Reasonable for me would be putting the next, own sell order at the same price as the previous one (maybe 1 satoshi lower in order "to be first").
marada

Activity: 442

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 11:03:08 PM

OK, I understand it, but this works when there buy orders and the miners sell their coin to those buyers who have placed their buy orders before. Here's another situation: there're no buy offers, ony sell orders. The last price (after first green candle) was 0.2 mBTC. What is the point putting own sell order lower than 0.1 mBTC? Reasonable for me would be putting the next, own sell order at the same price as the previous one (maybe 1 satoshi lower in order "to be first").

Well, it is hard to understand fully this but I have observed similar behaviours at others new markets too.

There are at least two possible factors:

1. In the "free market model" demand efficiency depends of the price. "Lowering the price results with more units sold". It doesn't work always the same way. It could work for some commodities in the circumstances of market competition. Sometimes it doesn't work at all. If the customers don't know or even can not estimate the quality of comparable goods they tend to estimate the quality by the price and put aside the commodities of suspiciously low prices. Many merchants had to learn that. It doesn't work either when you introduce a new luxury product or a new trade mark. It is a very common association "cheap=bad". It doesn't work in coins world at all. The only measure of a coin value is it's price and the trend it has.
Anyway myths has the impressive power, causing one to expect a bigger sale when he lower the price...

2. If you outbid someone's else offer by one satoshi you can expect being outbid soon the same way. I have seen a lot of "one satoshi races" both ways: to the top and bottom. Not everyone really likes this kind of fun or has a time for that.
Having such experiences he/she simply can take a good position prior to the race start.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: