Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 03:31:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 [199] 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 »
  Print  
Author Topic: I/O Coin (IOC) DiONS VM | Messaging | Data Storage | Chameleon | DeFi  (Read 719045 times)
VintageBazaar

Activity: 623
Merit: 279

Hope & Positivity are keys to Success

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 05:58:57 AM

Make sure to check out hte I/OCoin Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/iodigitalblockchain/posts/1299216376861174

Recent post.

"Hey all,
we would like to schedule a community online meetup for Q and A. This will be broadcasted live on YouTube. We think there is interest and this is a good timing for that because we have a lot of new people on board.
Please send your questions to me in here so we can prepare.
Will see how many questions we get and when we will schedule the meetup.
Thanks.
Team I/O Digital"

Think of some interesting questions to send the team.

QUESTION "Do you have any businesses lined up to use I/O Coin in the near future?"  (i know tough question...)

Believe in the impossible and make it Possible.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SwissBroker

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 06:57:03 AM

QUESTION "Do you have any businesses lined up to use I/O Coin in the near future?"  (i know tough question...)

That's an easy question. The answer is: "Yes!"
kosmostudio

Activity: 2

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 09:30:23 PM

Startups are releasing current web services; DNS, storage, as blockchain technologies. Blockstack, STORJ, Lisk for example have made their APIs accessible to third party developers by releasing packages on NPM accompanied with a well documented API and developer tutorials.  STORJ has the potential to replace an Amazon S3 bucket, there's a well documented API and video tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPny2_ehLPU&list=PLEr5Xx0gHvFG55T-_kLKlWosSBw32vP9N by Barbara Liau deploying the STORJ API through widely used Nodejs applications like Express.

I understand I/O Coin has DNS on the blockchain, where A, CNAME and MX records can be created for domain names. Is this technology available for third parties and is there deployment documentation available?

Will I/O Coin offer storage that can be accessed through a JavaScript API?

Are there plans to improve access to I/O Coin technologies for third party developers through well documented JavaScript APIs?

In the future, is  I/O Coin going to offer a blockchain database solution?

Look forward to your response, Maurice
cryptocoinnl

Activity: 527
Merit: 500

Blockchain!!!

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 10:08:57 PM

Hi Maurice,
Great questions that i like to answer in here.

Please see my answers below:

Startups are releasing current web services; DNS, storage, as blockchain technologies. Blockstack, STORJ, Lisk for example have made their APIs accessible to third party developers by releasing packages on NPM accompanied with a well documented API and developer tutorials.  STORJ has the potential to replace an Amazon S3 bucket, there's a well documented API and video tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPny2_ehLPU&list=PLEr5Xx0gHvFG55T-_kLKlWosSBw32vP9N by Barbara Liau deploying the STORJ API through widely used Nodejs applications like Express.

I understand I/O Coin has DNS on the blockchain, where A, CNAME and MX records can be created for domain names. Is this technology available for third parties and is there deployment documentation available?
--> yes this is available when we release DIONS. First through HTML5 wallet, after that through documented API.

--> yes this is available when we release DIONS. First through HTML5 wallet. Documents can be stored connected to your private key, after that through documented API. Fees needed to store data will be redistributed to the stakers.

Are there plans to improve access to I/O Coin technologies for third party developers through well documented JavaScript APIs?
--> yes. the biggest usage / entry point in the future will be third party apps that want to use Blockchain for their service. We will make it possible that apps can easily connect to our Blockchain

--> basically when we release DIONS it is a Blockchain database solution. Data, messaging, alias etc. All AES256 encrypted!

kb4scv
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 10:51:50 PM

Hi Maurice,

--> yes this is available when we release DIONS. First through HTML5 wallet, after that through documented API.

--> yes this is available when we release DIONS. First through HTML5 wallet. Documents can be stored connected to your private key, after that through documented API. Fees needed to store data will be redistributed to the stakers.

--> yes. the biggest usage / entry point in the future will be third party apps that want to use Blockchain for their service. We will make it possible that apps can easily connect to our Blockchain

--> basically when we release DIONS it is a Blockchain database solution. Data, messaging, alias etc. All AES256 encrypted!

The line of thought above, along with the practical ins and outs of using the blockchain, are the questions I have.  Want to see it demonstrated, then I can ask more pointed questions. 

evok3d

Activity: 534
Merit: 250

The Protocol for the Audience Economy

View Profile
March 29, 2017, 09:18:32 PM

Nice work Smiley

What is the PoS terms? How long does it have to be in the wallet? The age etc

M E   D I   A
P  R -    ▄▄███████▄▄   
  ▄██████▀██████▄ 
 ███████   ███████
▐██████     ██████▌
██████▌     ▐██████
▐██████     ██████▌
 ▀██████▄ ▄██████▀
   ▀███████████▀  
      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     
- T  O  C - O - L
MEDIA Protocol in Action
              ▄▄██████▄▄
            ▄████████████▄
           █████▌ ▀▀███████
   ▄████▄▄██████     ▀█████▌
 ▄███▀ ▀████████      ▐█████
▐███▌   ▐████████      ████▌
▐███    ██████████▄▄  ▐████
 ▀███▄▄████▀▀████████████▀
   ▀▀███▀▀     ▀▀████▀▀
   ▄▄▄████████████████▄▄▄    
 ████████████████████████▄  
▐███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀████▌ 
████████████▀▀▀        █████ 
█████████▀             █████ 
███████              ▐█████ 
█████▀               ██████ 
███▌              ▄██████ 
█████             ▄█████████ 
████▌          ▄▄██████████ 
▐████▄▄▄▄██████████████████▌ 
 ▀███████████████████████▀  
   ▀▀███████████████████▀    
dollarmoney

Activity: 49

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 04:25:56 AM

Great going....
Arvydas77

Activity: 1092
Merit: 504

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2017, 01:45:16 PM

IOC was one of rare coins not to lose value in terms of BTC during the last pump of Bitcoin. As I understand from the updates more interesting features to be introduced in the future. I have acquired some to hold  Smiley

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
kb4scv
Legendary

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 05:07:19 PM

IOC was one of rare coins not to lose value in terms of BTC during the last pump of Bitcoin. As I understand from the updates more interesting features to be introduced in the future. I have acquired some to hold  Smiley

Solid project with a bright future.  Never know with coins, but pretty close to a sure bet on this one.
VintageBazaar

Activity: 623
Merit: 279

Hope & Positivity are keys to Success

View Profile
April 02, 2017, 01:27:16 PM

Hi Maurice,

Clear to see $IOC is Solid long term, DIONS will be a BIG success and the stepping stone to even greater developments.

Believe in the impossible and make it Possible.
mhbays

Activity: 48

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 02:00:33 AM

I've downloaded the html5 wallet from IOC website.

But i cannot get it to sync?

Help someone
cryptocoinnl

Blockchain!!!

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 08:00:08 AM

Help someone

Hi,

Please make sure your firewall or anti virus program does not block any connections.
You can also try to replace the peers.dat with the following one: http://www.iodigital.io/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/peers.zip

You need to manually download it using the provided link, unzip it and place the peers.dat in the ~/Library/Application Support/iocoin (for OSX) folder and then run the wallet. The peers.dat also works for Windows wallets.
Windows users have to copy the peers.dat file into the c\users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\IOCoin folder and run the Win client again.

99% of the time it is your firewall / router or anti virus software preventing the sync.

Second option to kickstart your wallet is to use our bootstrap.
An (official) bootstrap.dat is available to fast track the blockchain sync – up to block 1m (jan 2017). You need to manually download it, unzip it and place the bootstrap.dat in the ~/Library/Application Support/iocoin (for OSX) folder and then run the wallet. The bootstrap.dat also works for Windows wallets.
Windows users have to copy the bootstrap.dat file into the c\users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\IOCoin folder and run the Win client again.

Loading the bootstrap could take up to 24-48 hours but is a much faster way in syncing the wallet for the first time.

The wallet seems to be “stuck”at the opening screen, but basically it is loading the bootstrap.
This is normal. This can take 24-48 hours. So don’t close the wallet!!

The bootstrap can be downloaded here: https://github.com/IOCoin/iocoin/releases/tag/BootStrap.1M.Block

Cheers,
Richard
cryptocoinnl

Blockchain!!!

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 08:10:30 AM

Development / Test update:

Hey all,

We have been bugged down with a nagging UI bug that was making the wallet lag when executing transactions. After conducting many hours of trial and error, today we had much success and our latest test have been more promising.

We are now going over the bug list that was submitted by the testers.
Our user interface at the time of it’s inception was written in electron/mithril (JS). Our java dev coded the wallet in a way were he thought that the daemon would be less demanding at making constant calls to the user interface.

DIONS has allot going on in terms of transaction handling in staking rewards, fees, registration etc this making the user interface almost unresponsive at times causing all kinds of strange bugs that are not related to DIONS source, but user interface behavior.

We have found a workaround and have limited calls to the user interface and this has improved the lag issue. Today we were able to create aliases and decrypt them with virtually no lag so is very promising. Once we get this under control it will solve many issues we had the last weeks moving forward in terms of the user interface stabilization.

We have been quite but again working long hours minimizing distractions at this crucial time.

More info about the possibilities of DIONS: www.iodigital.io/dions

Thanks.

I/O Digital team
mctaino

Activity: 686
Merit: 503

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 07:38:27 PM

Help someone

You might need peers.dat file to find nodes, please join our slack or take it from here along with a bootstrap file to block 1M. Follow instructions in github. Any questions please join our slack

https://github.com/IOCoin/iocoin/releases/tag/BootStrap.1M.Block

Chrisumz0r

Activity: 43

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 09:18:32 PM

Thanks for the updates and all the hard work.  On Slack it sounds like DIONS will be ready by summer 2017, it will be a great year.
MrWhiteBites

Activity: 770
Merit: 511

Im the One who Knocks.

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 05:42:12 AM

Thanks for the updates and all the hard work.  On Slack it sounds like DIONS will be ready by summer 2017, it will be a great year.

Fuly agree, i think everyone here is really looking forward to the long awaited DioNS wallet.  Like anything in Crypto, when it comes to innovation, they are always going to be "spaners in the works" and things that throw up annoying Bugs, so looking on the positive side, for every Bug/problem that is worked out, is valuable information and skills for the future when developing.

So Bugs can also be a blessing in disguise as the developers here are learning new ways to tackle problems, that money simply can not buy.

Keep up the great work IOC Team.   Smiley

If you don't know who I am, then maybe your best course would be to tread lightly
kb4scv
Legendary

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 10:53:18 AM

How people handle issues is far more important than the fact that there are issues.  That is why investment should be in people, not coins.
xcurry

Activity: 217
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 05:33:27 PM

Hello Community we have been quite busy these past days, therefore we have not had a chance to post an update.  We are currently still debugging the backend for the aliases in DIONS, dealing with paper work for foundation, working on tasking new web redesigns for IOC, DIONS etc and also have been fully submerged in getting it all to work smooth with the wallet to make the front end changes for beta. We are all hard at work even though we might be quite,  nothing to be worried about, just annoyances from all the new changes to the code. Again feel free to reach out to us in slack if you have any questions. We should have a formal update by next week.

Thanks Everyone

Joel & Derek

I/O Digital Dev TEam

Where we are now in development of new wallet with DIONS? 10%...50%...90%?
Thanks!

We have been at around 90% this is just final api integration, clean up and soon testing. Wallet already loads, syncs blockchain, can register encrypted decentralized aliases, update, transfer with a few bugs and soon messaging integration of api. DIONS is in the final stages, we did however update the code to include a few important changes to the aliases system. Unfortunately sometimes bugs pop up under different scenarios and can drag us a bit. Overall we are happy with how is functioning but it needs to be free of bugs. As you are all well aware any company or project working on code always even after release is slightly bugged down by unforeseen bugs so we are eliminating all possibilities that turn up as we are in the final stages of api integration.

Will keep you all informed as we progress.

Cheers!   

yea, last 10% is always most difficult
xianice

Activity: 27

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 11:59:09 PM

wallet look like shadow project.  features look like namecoin. How difference?
kb4scv
Legendary

View Profile
April 07, 2017, 12:12:55 AM

wallet look like shadow project.  features look like namecoin. How difference?

208 whole pages of info to check out. 
Pages: « 1 ... 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 [199] 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 »
  Print  

Jump to: