Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:47:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 [228] 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 »
  Print  
Author Topic: I/O Coin (IOC) DiONS VM | Messaging | Data Storage | Chameleon | DeFi  (Read 719039 times)
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 11:17:45 PM

this troll still upset ioc releasing real stuff and his obsedian and syscoin is releasing copy paste promise vapor. oh well embrace it not bash it
Copy paste? Please elaborate. Your here cherry picking syscoin which is probably the worsed possible coin you could have chosen based on whats coming. Lol pathetic.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kb4scv
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 08:42:48 AM

this troll still upset ioc releasing real stuff and his obsedian and syscoin is releasing copy paste promise vapor. oh well embrace it not bash it
Copy paste? Please elaborate. Your here cherry picking syscoin which is probably the worsed possible coin you could have chosen based on whats coming. Lol pathetic.

The bad blood here is mostly because you come across as an ass.  While I am pretty sure you don't mean too, it is a very poor way to promote coins.  Most of us here hope you and other making projects turn out successful for the sake of the coins and what they can do for people.  But, many of you out there need to figure out that there is no real reason to fight with other devs ( again, you may not have meant to do that, but it looked that way).

Even this reply of yours is extremely condescending.  Quite frankly, there are some of us out here that would stay away from what you are associated with just because that attitude often causes issues even among your own teams. 

If you can have success and don't mind alienating people, then by all means, good luck.  However, if you would like to be extremely successful ( this is from experience ), you might want to humble yourself a little and learn that being so unaware of your ability to piss off people can harm you and your efforts much more than you realize.

If this does not mean anything to you, then good luck and hopefully the people that believe in you will stick with you down the road.  Remember that you represent more than your project when you speak publicly in coin forums.  Try not to let your ego become a liablity for others in your quest for personal recongnization. If your project is that good, what other people on forums think will not matter anyway, the result will speak for itself.

kb4scv
Legendary

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 11:46:14 AM

If you need to know why this attitude is here, it is because you came on the forum and as a result people asked for IOC team to look at SYS coin.  The result was the finding of the cut and paste wallet that was available for people to see.  This threw up flags and was a legitimate concern.  One caused by you directly.

We all know that archived code does not represent what you are doing at present, but it certainly served to seed that doubt.

I would recommend working on your own project and not worrying about others.  It only serves to cause issues.  Same advice I gave IOC team about looking at your project. 

Not really worth the time if you are concerned about your project and respectfull of the people's money that is being invested. Unless you need to do so to figure out how to do something, in which case, I would contact the other Dev team privately do discuss.  I would think most teams would be helpful if they have the time. 

Or, if you legitimately find an issue with their code, in which case, I would also discuss it privately with them, as posting on forum appears to be FUD, which, if you are honestly trying to be helpful, is counter-productive for both of you.

Block-chain and coins are moving from a small noveltly to an enormous and serious industry.  With big time investors looking to come into the space, we need to start acting like professional and serious teams and people.  Some of you laugh at this, but it will make a big difference down the road.  Let's make this successful for all and stop acting like a bunch of kids playing at being grown-up.

sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 03:24:24 PM

If you need to know why this attitude is here, it is because you came on the forum and as a result people asked for IOC team to look at SYS coin.  The result was the finding of the cut and paste wallet that was available for people to see.  This threw up flags and was a legitimate concern.  One caused by you directly.

We all know that archived code does not represent what you are doing at present, but it certainly served to seed that doubt.

I would recommend working on your own project and not worrying about others.  It only serves to cause issues.  Same advice I gave IOC team about looking at your project. 

Not really worth the time if you are concerned about your project and respectfull of the people's money that is being invested. Unless you need to do so to figure out how to do something, in which case, I would contact the other Dev team privately do discuss.  I would think most teams would be helpful if they have the time. 

Or, if you legitimately find an issue with their code, in which case, I would also discuss it privately with them, as posting on forum appears to be FUD, which, if you are honestly trying to be helpful, is counter-productive for both of you.

Block-chain and coins are moving from a small noveltly to an enormous and serious industry.  With big time investors looking to come into the space, we need to start acting like professional and serious teams and people.  Some of you laugh at this, but it will make a big difference down the road.  Let's make this successful for all and stop acting like a bunch of kids playing at being grown-up.

Provide proof to those claims? What copy paste? It was started from namecoin by the original developer but was vastly different because nmc just does names. Again this is a public forum last I checked so if you look around at the early days it was a place where snippets of code were posted and debuggef amongst groups of people. It never was fud attempts I have even spoken to joel on skype and he is a nice guy so why would I do that? I am focused on my own project but I keep an eye on my friends thats what we do and especially those that are passionate. Perhaps you should lay off the accusations and think bigger picture yourself. Identity is a stepping stone into blockchain so anybody doing so is good in my books as we are all trying to solve it so this technology can become reality to the rest of the world.

The original quote said copy paste promised vaporware. That is baseless accusation that needs correcting. Anyways your welcome to see me on slack and I will explain all of the innovative stuff we have coming up its actually good if we cross reference each others ideas anyway. The only way we will get network effect is to team up and not try to focus on being individuals.
kb4scv
Legendary

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 04:04:38 PM

Provide proof to those claims? What copy paste? It was started from namecoin by the original developer but was vastly different because nmc just does names. Again this is a public forum last I checked so if you look around at the early days it was a place where snippets of code were posted and debuggef amongst groups of people. It never was fud attempts I have even spoken to joel on skype and he is a nice guy so why would I do that? I am focused on my own project but I keep an eye on my friends thats what we do and especially those that are passionate. Perhaps you should lay off the accusations and think bigger picture yourself. Identity is a stepping stone into blockchain so anybody doing so is good in my books as we are all trying to solve it so this technology can become reality to the rest of the world.

The original quote said copy paste promised vaporware. That is baseless accusation that needs correcting. Anyways your welcome to see me on slack and I will explain all of the innovative stuff we have coming up its actually good if we cross reference each others ideas anyway. The only way we will get network effect is to team up and not try to focus on being individuals.

I was explaining to you exactly what happened.  You seem to want to care, so I have no problem giving you the benifit of the doubt.  Just letting you know how you came across here.  I have read through the entire SYS forum and believe you are indeed trying to do good things, but you did look very arrogant with some of your posts here. 

I did not accuse you of anything, simply explained the perception created by you based upon the events as they happened.  Take it or leave it as you will, but as you said, this is a public forum and I would think those of you who are Devs would take great pains to remember that when you post, since you will have more influence than most.

sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 04:38:31 PM

I was explaining to you exactly what happened.  You seem to want to care, so I have no problem giving you the benifit of the doubt.  Just letting you know how you came across here.  I have read through the entire SYS forum and believe you are indeed trying to do good things, but you did look very arrogant with some of your posts here. 

I did not accuse you of anything, simply explained the perception created by you based upon the events as they happened.  Take it or leave it as you will, but as you said, this is a public forum and I would think those of you who are Devs would take great pains to remember that when you post, since you will have more influence than most.

Np man im here trying to help and we are all focused on the same goal. I want the good ones to survive and out with scammy icos which are populating top 100 like a virus.
kb4scv
Legendary

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 04:41:50 PM

Np man im here trying to help and we are all focused on the same goal. I want the good ones to survive and out with scammy icos which are populating top 100 like a virus.

I agree.  And, BTW, it wouldn't hurt if you guys take over the EBAY scene, or at least a big part of it.  Good Luck. 
sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 04:57:11 PM

I agree.  And, BTW, it wouldn't hurt if you guys take over the EBAY scene, or at least a big part of it.  Good Luck. 

Thanks is there a faucet for IO I want to try the new wallet out.
cryptocoinnl

Activity: 527
Merit: 500

Blockchain!!!

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 09:20:28 PM

Faucet is on soon. Its being worked on and will be launched around DIONS go-live.
Just come back here often to check out if its live or follow us on Twitter for immediate notification.

Thanks
Skuffone

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 10:54:04 PM

The Giveaway landing page and banners will be completed this week. The actual campaign will start once DIONS is active.

Things left to do:

1. List of websites to advertise on (please feel free to recommend)
2. Video tutorial
3. Donations from community (TBA)
4. Faucet

Skuffone
majonezas

Activity: 36

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 07:07:13 PM

hello guys, this part got me confused:

"When you are staking and the coins in your wallet you will get rewarded by the network for doing so. The incentive for that is a payment of approx. 0.8% and max 2%. If all of the total coins in the network are staking, the network payment will be 2%. If 50% of all existing coins are in wallets staking the average is 1% per year. Payments are done in small amounts during the day/week.

When you stake on a raspberry pi it will cost you less than 10$/year on electricity.

With IOC value 2,50$ you need to stake 4 ioc a year to break even. So roughly that will come down to staking 500 ioc*1.2% – if you add data fees on top of the reward then you need less than 500. All depending on IOC price, electricity and hardware costs"

did you mean 400 ioc? if yes than math is correct, otherwise i don't get it

Chrisumz0r

Activity: 43

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 03:21:15 AM

"When you are staking and the coins in your wallet you will get rewarded by the network for doing so. The incentive for that is a payment of approx. 0.8% and max 2%. If all of the total coins in the network are staking, the network payment will be 2%. If 50% of all existing coins are in wallets staking the average is 1% per year. Payments are done in small amounts during the day/week.

When you stake on a raspberry pi it will cost you less than 10$/year on electricity.

With IOC value 2,50$ you need to stake 4 ioc a year to break even. So roughly that will come down to staking 500 ioc*1.2% – if you add data fees on top of the reward then you need less than 500. All depending on IOC price, electricity and hardware costs"

4 IOC at 2.50 is what covers the cost of electricity for staking on a Raspberry Pi for a year.  As the price rises, less IOC would be needed to negate the electricity cost.
majonezas

Activity: 36

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 03:05:39 PM

4 IOC at 2.50 is what covers the cost of electricity for staking on a Raspberry Pi for a year.  As the price rises, less IOC would be needed to negate the electricity cost.

The incentive for that is a payment of approx. 0.8% and max 2%. If all of the total coins in the network are staking, the network payment will be 2%. If 50% of all existing coins are in wallets staking the average is 1% per year.

1% of 4IOC at 2.5$ a year is like 10 cents. that does'nt cover 10$ annual electicity bill
jc12345
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1013

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 03:24:37 PM
Last edit: January 01, 2018, 10:27:03 PM by jc12345

Here is the Raspberry Pi Stretch headless wallet for IOCoin protocol 600021. Due to the changes in libssl in Stretch you have to run the installation script to install the correct version of libssl otherwise the wallet will not work.

Important:
1) Always backup your wallet.dat first before you do anything
2) The wallet was built on Raspberry Pi3 running Raspbian Stretch and the instructions and script assume you are running as user "pi". It is a pre-requisite to have Raspbian Stretch installed on your Pi micro-SD card, preferably a clean installation. You can find instructions of how to do this on https://www.raspberrypi.org/downloads/ by either installing n00bs and selecting your OS or by downloading the image for the OS.
3) Installation directory where the binaries are installed is ~/opt/iocoin or /home/pi/opt/iocoin
4) To run the wallet go to the directory with the wallet and run the wallet file iocoind for the headless wallet at the command line.
5) An Internet connection is required for the installation
6) A bootstrap.dat is available to fast track the blockchain sync - up to block 1665882. The installation script does not force the install of the bootstrap.dat as it is very large. You need to manually download it, unzip it and place the bootstrap.dat in the ~/.iocoin folder and then run the wallet.
7) The bootstrap.dat also works for Windows wallets. Windows users just have to copy the bootstrap.dat file into their c\users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\IOCoin folder and run the Win client again
8.) You need at least an 8GB memory card for the wallet. However, with the large bootstrap file there is a chance you might run out of space and therefore a 16GB card is recommended.
9) The installation itself takes about 30-45min on an out-of-the-box Pi, but due to the large chain it will take several hours to import the blockchain.
10) You cannot just download the dynamic wallets, you have to run the script to get the dependencies as well else it will not run.
11) The installation script does not enable the UFW firewall by default. If you want to enable it, uncomment the UFW lines in the script and add the ports you want open and run it again or enable it manually by running the UFW commands as in the script with the correct port numbers from the command line.
12) Always verify the checksums when you download files to make sure it was downloaded ok. To verify the checksums on your Pi, go to the ~/opt/iocoin folder and execute sha256sum <filename> and md5sum <filename> and compare the values with the values in the checksums.txt file. Do the same for the bootstrap.dat

Instructions to use the headless command line daemon wallet:

1) The installation script creates an iocoin.conf file with the startup settings in it. Go to the folder with the binaries ~/opt/iocoin and enter ./iocoind in a terminal window to start the server
2) After the blockchain has been imported you can enter the normal wallet commands that you would as in a Windows debug console preceded with ./iocoind eg. ./iocoind getinfo. During the first time blockchain import process the wallet will be non-responsive in the sense that it will say it cannot connect to the wallet. Just wait for the import to finish and the wallet will become responsive again.
3) Remember to always make a backup of your wallet.dat file before you do anything like encrypting it
4) To encrypt your wallet run the command ./iocoind encryptwallet <yourpassword>
5) Once you have the wallet running, blockchain imported and your wallet with coins on the Pi, then you can kickstart staking by executing ./iocoind walletpasshprase <yourwalletpassword> 99999999 true

For Raspbian Stretch headless wallet
Code:
wget https://bitbucket.org/jc12345/iocoin1/downloads/iocoin_installation_pi.sh && chmod +x iocoin_installation_pi.sh && ./iocoin_installation_pi.sh && rm -f iocoin_installation_pi*

Direct links:
Link to Stretch wallet installation script
Link to headless wallet for Stretch
Link to virustotal scan for iocoind
Link to bootstrap.dat up to block 1665882
Link to checksums.txt

IOC address : ibgNLR6w6a3M2i58cq9814rhbY6jgtH2ZV
KrisCalaBow

Activity: 38

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 09:27:00 PM

Here is the Raspberry Pi Stretch headless wallet for IOCoin v1.0.5. Due to the changes in libssl in Stretch you have to run the installation script to install the correct version of libssl otherwise the wallet will not work.

Important:
1) Always backup your wallet.dat first before you do anything
2) The wallet was built on Raspberry Pi3 running Raspbian Stretch and the instructions and script assume you are running as user "pi". It is a pre-requisite to have Raspbian Stretch installed on your Pi micro-SD card, preferably a clean installation. You can find instructions of how to do this on https://www.raspberrypi.org/downloads/ by either installing n00bs and selecting your OS or by downloading the image for the OS.
3) Installation directory where the binaries are installed is ~/opt/iocoin or /home/pi/opt/iocoin
4) To run the wallet go to the directory with the wallet and run the wallet file iocoind for the headless wallet at the command line.
5) An Internet connection is required for the installation
6) A bootstrap.dat is available to fast track the blockchain sync - up to block 1613775. The installation script does not force the install of the bootstrap.dat as it is very large. You need to manually download it, unzip it and place the bootstrap.dat in the ~/.iocoin folder and then run the wallet.
7) The bootstrap.dat also works for Windows wallets. Windows users just have to copy the bootstrap.dat file into their c\users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\IOCoin folder and run the Win client again
8.) You need at least an 8GB memory card for the wallet. However, with the large bootstrap file there is a chance you might run out of space and therefore a 16GB card is recommended.
9) The installation itself takes about 30-45min on an out-of-the-box Pi, but due to the large chain it will take several hours to import the blockchain.
10) You cannot just download the dynamic wallets, you have to run the script to get the dependencies as well else it will not run.
11) The installation script does not enable the UFW firewall by default. If you want to enable it, uncomment the UFW lines in the script and add the ports you want open and run it again or enable it manually by running the UFW commands as in the script with the correct port numbers from the command line.
12) Always verify the checksums when you download files to make sure it was downloaded ok. To verify the checksums on your Pi, go to the ~/opt/iocoin folder and execute sha256sum <filename> and md5sum <filename> and compare the values with the values in the checksums.txt file. Do the same for the bootstrap.dat

Instructions to use the headless command line daemon wallet:

1) The installation script creates an iocoin.conf file with the startup settings in it. Go to the folder with the binaries ~/opt/iocoin and enter ./iocoind in a terminal window to start the server
2) After the blockchain has been imported you can enter the normal wallet commands that you would as in a Windows debug console preceded with ./iocoind eg. ./iocoind getinfo. During the first time blockchain import process the wallet will be non-responsive in the sense that it will say it cannot connect to the wallet. Just wait for the import to finish and the wallet will become responsive again.
3) Remember to always make a backup of your wallet.dat file before you do anything like encrypting it
4) To encrypt your wallet run the command ./iocoind encryptwallet <yourpassword>
5) Once you have the wallet running, blockchain imported and your wallet with coins on the Pi, then you can kickstart staking by executing ./iocoind walletpasshprase <yourwalletpassword> 99999999 true

For Raspbian Stretch headless wallet
Code:
wget https://bitbucket.org/jc12345/iocoin1/downloads/iocoin_installation_pi.sh && chmod +x iocoin_installation_pi.sh && ./iocoin_installation_pi.sh && rm -f iocoin_installation_pi*

Direct links:
Link to Stretch wallet installation script
Link to headless wallet for Stretch
/2t3c5P]Link to virustotal scan for iocoind
Link to bootstrap.dat up to block 1613775 (496MB zipped)
Link to checksums.txt

IOC address : ibgNLR6w6a3M2i58cq9814rhbY6jgtH2ZV

JC YOU A LEGEND! Love you bro! I'm going to try this one out on my Pi finally! Cheesy
cryptocoinnl

Activity: 527
Merit: 500

Blockchain!!!

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 11:31:02 AM

you need a stake reward of 4 IOC a year. Thats what it says. So you need $10,- to pay for the electricity expenses.
Lets say a pi costs $30,- you need 16 IOC as reward to break even.

The incentive for that is a payment of approx. 0.8% and max 2%. If all of the total coins in the network are staking, the network payment will be 2%. If 50% of all existing coins are in wallets staking the average is 1% per year.

1% of 4IOC at 2.5$ a year is like 10 cents. that does'nt cover 10$ annual electicity bill
KrisCalaBow

Activity: 38

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 09:25:12 PM
Last edit: November 26, 2017, 12:13:31 AM by KrisCalaBow

Greetings IOC Community members! As you all may know, there is a giveaway that the community is hosting to increase user adoption and market exposure of the awesome capabilities the DIONS v.1 Wallet could do with aliases, p2p messaging and decentralized storage capabilities! If you haven’t known about it already, the link to the giveaway is here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=695855.msg24115754#msg24115754

Hence, this is a community marketing campaign that is in much need of support from you all! If you are willing to come and help us out in any way or form, please contact me or Skuffone to help out!

Or conversely, you can help by donating some of your crypto or IOC to the giveaway pot to increase the incentives for people to come and try the wallet out! Every bit of donation counts to helping us get noticed out there even more!

If that is something you are willing to do, we have set up an IOC address for any donation to the community giveaway that is escrowed by me in this address:
ihRoSy8RTA6vAMsNwhaJw8uaAmpiyEA2aE

The donation is aimed to add to the giveaway fund along with paying expenses on advertising. Hopefully we'll hit a target of 3k/4k, that way, we can have a targeted approach on marketing the DIONS wallet via this giveaway.

Let’s get the ball rolling and create a huge success to show that the community is also here to stay and show Joel and Derek our appreciation for the amazing wallet and blockchain upgrade they have delivered the community.

Finally, if you have any other cryptos you would like to donate, feel free to contact me, Richard or Skuffone/JC on our social media channels!
greencow

Activity: 11

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 07:32:33 AM

Hey everybody,

I'm having strang problems with my IOC Wallet. Since a few days it dosoen't want to connect to the network for synchronisation anymore. Even if I install the wallet on a new computer and doesn't even import the old wallet. It still doesn't sync a singel block. The wallet was running for more than 24h and nothing happens. Do you have a problem with the peers or somthing like that? Thanks for your help.

best regards
greencow

Activity: 11

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 09:43:57 AM

I just can answer to this question by myself Wink

If you have the problem that the wallet doesn't start to sync after you did a fresh install download the latest blockchain (I/O Coin Protocol 60017 DIONS BlockChain Files Block 1618642) files from this side:

https://github.com/IOCoin/DIONS/releases

Follow the replacement steps on this page and you will bring back the wallet to work Smiley

best regards

tave

Activity: 127
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 12:24:48 AM

how to rescan with windows wallet?

Pages: « 1 ... 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 [228] 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 »
  Print  

Jump to: