Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 08:49:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bounty for Bitcoin Animated Movie [won]  (Read 88194 times)
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
January 03, 2011, 07:21:06 PM

I heard that FreeRange Studios are a little bit more accesible. They have an annual contest were the viewers get to choose the project of their liking that is going to recieve 100K dollars value of their service as rewards. They worked on The story of Cap and Trade and The Story of Stuff. They could like this proposition. Smiley

I've never seen the Story of Cap and Trade, but their Story of Stuff was so full of economic errors that I couldn't finish it.  I found it offensive that this was being shown to schoolchildren as some kind of education into economics and trade.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5166
Merit: 12864

View Profile
January 03, 2011, 10:07:27 PM

I've never seen the Story of Cap and Trade, but their Story of Stuff was so full of economic errors that I couldn't finish it.  I found it offensive that this was being shown to schoolchildren as some kind of education into economics and trade.

Yeah; I had to watch that for one of my college classes. It's the worst anti-capitalist propaganda I've ever seen. I can't believe anyone could agree with all of the nonsense in the video (though no one else in my class had any complaints).

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
mizerydearia

Activity: 574
Merit: 507

View Profile
January 04, 2011, 07:00:35 AM

(though no one else in my class had any complaints).
Perhaps a bit of unrealized lemmingism.
fabianhjr

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

Do The Evolution

View Profile
January 04, 2011, 04:41:27 PM

Well there is truth and lies in everything. Even Al Gore plays this game. I must agree with you on the economic errors it has. Smiley

WSDN

Activity: 493

IDENA.IO - Proof-Of-Person Blockchain

View Profile
January 05, 2011, 10:16:47 PM

i am offering here, to translating the final movie in spanish subs =)

▄▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄▄
           ▄▀▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▀▀▄
        ▄▀▀  ▄▄▀█          ▀█▀▄▄  ▀▀▄
      ▄▀▀ ▄▄▀    ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀    ▀▄▄ ▀▀▄
     █   █            ▀            █   █
   ▄▀ █  ▀▄▄                     ▄█▀  █ ▀▄
  ▄▀ ▄▀ █▄ ▀▀▀██▄▄▄       ▄▄▄██▀▀  ██ ▀▄ ▀▄
  ▀▄▀▀▄ ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀▄   ▄▀  ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██ ▄▀▀▄▀
 ██   █ ██ ▀▄    ▀▄ █   █ ▄▀    ▄▀ ██ █  ▀██
 █  ▄█  ▀█  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █   █ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █   █▄  █
█▀ █  █  █          █   █          █  █  █ ▀▀
 █▀  ▄▀  █▀▄        █   █        ▄▀█  ▀▄  ▀█
 ▄  █▀   █ ▀█▄      ▀   ▀      ▄█▀ █  ▄▀█  ▄
 █▄▀  █  █                         █  █  ▀▄█
 ▀▄  █   ▀█        ▄▄▀▄▀▄▄        █▀   █  ▄
  ▀▄▀▀  █▄ █     ▀█  ▀▀▀  █▀     █ ▄█ ▄▀▀▄▀
   ▀ ▄  ██ █▀▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▀▀     ▄▀█ ██ ▀▄ ▀
    ▀█  ██ █ █▀▄    ▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▀█ █ ██  █▀
      ▀▄ ▀ █ █ ██▄         ▄██ █ █ ▀ ▄▀
        ▀▄ █ █ █ ▀█▄     ▄█▀ █ █ █ ▄▀
          ▀▀▄█ █    ▀▀▀▀▀    █ █▄▀▀
              ▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀

I  D  E  N  A

Proof-of-Person Blockchain

Join the mining of the first human-centric
cryptocurrency

▲    2 6 8 0

N  O  D  E  S

██
                ██
                ██
                ██
                ██
         ▄      ██      ▄
         ███▄   ██   ▄███
          ▀███▄ ██ ▄███▀
            ▀████████▀
              ▀████▀
                ▀▀
██▄                            ▄██
███                            ███
 ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
  ▀▀██████████████████████████▀▀

D O W N L O A D

Idena node

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀        ▀▀█████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀███
███      █   ▄▄ █▀▄        ███
██▀      █  ███ █  ▀▄      ▀██
███       █   ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀█       ███
███       █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄  █       ███
███       █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄  █       ███
██▄      █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄  █      ▄██
███      █          █      ███
███▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▄███
████▄                ▄████
▀█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▀
▀▀████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀

███

███

REQUEST INVITATION
███
  █
  █
  █
  █
  █
███
fabianhjr

Do The Evolution

View Profile
January 08, 2011, 08:09:46 PM

Maybe the American Dream film guys. They did a terrific job and would love to see more movies from them. Smiley

wobber
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 16, 2011, 09:42:45 AM
Last edit: January 16, 2011, 10:32:51 AM by wobber

I have some questions:

1. Is the bounty still in place?

2. Is anyone currently working at this project?

3. Bitcoin is 0.4 USD today, the bounty is 13.622.05, right?

I am setting up a team to discuss the script and animation details/effects of this animated movie that describes Bitcoin and it's economy. The team is consisted of graphic artists, video editors and professional photographers. We still need a voice that speaks fluently English (if someone wants to apply, a reading test will be required)

Estimated production time: ~8 weeks

Estimated lenght time: 10 minutes

Details: animated movie with voiceover (something like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6XAPnuFjJc )

PLEASE COME WITH SUGGESTIONS BECAUSE WE WANT THE MOVIE TO BE AS ACCURATE AS POSSIBLE.

--------------------------------
EDIT: The FIRST plot draft

1) How, why and when?
- Revelation 13 “No man shall buy or sell...”
- Bitcoin was created by a Japanese programmer named Satoshi Nakamoto in C++
- It was created as a mean to transfer value ***INNACURATE.
- The project was started in 2009 and had a small amount of followers

2) How it works?
- Explanation for: blocks, addresses, generation, alorithm *** NEEDS MORE DETAILS
- Explanation for P2P anonymous decentralized system (your own mint) *** DETAILS
- Cryptography and security

3) Comparison with cash and gold
- Gold: you mine bitcoin, limited supply, no intrisic value
- Cash: irreversible transactions,  can be destroyed easily,  divided up to 8 decimals
- Show that it was an economy-in-a-jar (you could and can learn a lot about economics by looking at the inception ad growth of bitcoin)

4) Originality of Bitcoin
- Show why it's nor gold, cash, a new PayPal or credit card. Explain it's a comodity,
- digital or virtual explanation *** I NEED MORE INFO!
- explain how loosing some bitcoins makes the others worth more (deflation)
- 21 milion maximum BTC. Explain what happens if all the world uses BTC (how much a gram of gold worths 0.00004 I.e.
- show why it' can't be counterfeit

5) Why does a bitcoin have any value?
- it is free from government control unless they shut down the internet
- shutting down internet will prevent most credit card systems from working too
- it's internet first and only currency (PayPal is not currency,  it's a virtual dollar)***INNACU.
- it enables "cash-like" transactions across the internet
- it provides some degree of anonymity. (note: when used properly)
- it enables micro-payments
- it can be backed up
- the slashdot effect. Value before and after. Also show growth of services and goods
- other people are willing to trade goods/services for BTC *** SHOW TRADE PAGE.
- little or no transaction fees
-value today ( sum up daily transaction totals)

6) How do I keep it safe or know that a transaction is legit? How long does it take?
- compare risk to risk of a check bouncing or counterfeit cash

7) - compare risk to risk of a check bouncing or counterfeit cash
-if they steal your wallet.dat, if have no backup and realize too late, all bitcoins are lost. Show that with physical money is the same.
-hacker has to “spend” (even if to another address of his) coins because otherwise you can restore the backup wallet and spend them to another address of yours *** EXPLAIN WHY
- backup your wallet.dat file. It is hard to "backup" cash in your safe or wallet.
- scams (paying and not receiving goods/services)

Cool  Future Direction
- cell phone payment at merchants
- inflation hedge vs government printing press
- whole new types of start up businesses become possible by removing the
- overhead associated with accepting payments.
- explain how you could buy groceries, pay tickets ar bills with Bitcoin.  *** SHOW ANIMATION OF FICTIOUS CHAR PAYING WITH BITCOIN.
- possible attacks on the network (govt. bans) *** WHAT OTHER ATTACKS?
- bitcoin generation possiblities (clouds, farms, cryptohardware)

CREDITS *** IF TEAM WANTS TO BE CREDITED.

If you hate me, you can spam me here: 19wdQNKjnATkgXvpzmSrkSYhJtuJWb8mKs
Anonymous

January 16, 2011, 12:08:23 PM

I have some questions:

1. Is the bounty still in place?

3. Bitcoin is 0.4 USD today, the bounty is 13.622.05, right?

I am setting up a team to discuss the script and animation details/effects of this animated movie that describes Bitcoin and it's economy. The team is consisted of graphic artists, video editors and professional photographers. We still need a voice that speaks fluently English (if someone wants to apply, a reading test will be required)

Estimated production time: ~8 weeks

Estimated lenght time: 10 minutes

Details: animated movie with voiceover (something like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6XAPnuFjJc )

PLEASE COME WITH SUGGESTIONS BECAUSE WE WANT THE MOVIE TO BE AS ACCURATE AS POSSIBLE.

--------------------------------
EDIT: The FIRST plot draft

1) How, why and when?

2) How it works?
- Explanation for: blocks, addresses, generation, alorithm *** NEEDS MORE DETAILS
- Explanation for P2P anonymous decentralized system (your own mint) *** DETAILS
- Cryptography and security

3) Comparison with cash and gold
- Gold: you mine bitcoin, limited supply, no intrisic value
- Cash: irreversible transactions,  can be destroyed easily,  divided up to 8 decimals
- Show that it was an economy-in-a-jar (you could and can learn a lot about economics by looking at the inception ad growth of bitcoin)

4) Originality of Bitcoin
- Show why it's nor gold, cash, a new PayPal or credit card. Explain it's a comodity,
- digital or virtual explanation *** I NEED MORE INFO!
- explain how loosing some bitcoins makes the others worth more (deflation)
- 21 milion maximum BTC. Explain what happens if all the world uses BTC (how much a gram of gold worths 0.00004 I.e.
- show why it' can't be counterfeit

5) Why does a bitcoin have any value?
- it is free from government control unless they shut down the internet
- shutting down internet will prevent most credit card systems from working too
- it's internet first and only currency (PayPal is not currency,  it's a virtual dollar)***INNACU.
- it enables "cash-like" transactions across the internet
- it provides some degree of anonymity. (note: when used properly)
- it enables micro-payments
- it can be backed up
- the slashdot effect. Value before and after. Also show growth of services and goods
- other people are willing to trade goods/services for BTC *** SHOW TRADE PAGE.
- little or no transaction fees
-value today ( sum up daily transaction totals)

6) How do I keep it safe or know that a transaction is legit? How long does it take?
- compare risk to risk of a check bouncing or counterfeit cash

7) - compare risk to risk of a check bouncing or counterfeit cash
-if they steal your wallet.dat, if have no backup and realize too late, all bitcoins are lost. Show that with physical money is the same.
-hacker has to “spend” (even if to another address of his) coins because otherwise you can restore the backup wallet and spend them to another address of yours *** EXPLAIN WHY
- backup your wallet.dat file. It is hard to "backup" cash in your safe or wallet.
- scams (paying and not receiving goods/services)

Cool  Future Direction
- cell phone payment at merchants
- inflation hedge vs government printing press
- whole new types of start up businesses become possible by removing the
- overhead associated with accepting payments.
- explain how you could buy groceries, pay tickets ar bills with Bitcoin.  *** SHOW ANIMATION OF FICTIOUS CHAR PAYING WITH BITCOIN.
- possible attacks on the network (govt. bans) *** WHAT OTHER ATTACKS?
- bitcoin generation possiblities (clouds, farms, cryptohardware)

CREDITS *** IF TEAM WANTS TO BE CREDITED.

There is over 8500btc sitting in a mybitcoin account. The rest has different strings attached such as making it to the front page of digg.
This will be accounted for when the bounty is claimed and people are prompted to pay up. However a lot of the people who pledged at the start of the bounty have disappeared from the forum.
wobber
Legendary

View Profile
January 16, 2011, 01:31:18 PM

And of course they disappeared. It's not ONE man's job, it's a whole team's job.

One man, except the case he's has lots of skills and knowledge cannot create a professional video. It takes a team of at least three (script, graphics and voiceover).

EDIT: by the way, the other members of my team never heard of bitcoin so I'm very curious what impact will this have.

FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2011, 01:43:10 PM

And of course they disappeared. 

What is this supposed to imply? You think people left to avoid paying money that they offered?

I pledged 100 and it's still good. I think I said it needed Satoshi's blessing, but since he might be gone I'll waive that. I can tell myself now if it is accurate.

Are you really going to start with a Bible verse?

If you say "no intrinsic value" a bunch of people are going to jump on you saying "nothing has intrinsic value", better to say the bitcoin has no "use value" if you need to get that idea across for some reason, I don't think it's that important though.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
Anonymous

January 16, 2011, 01:55:55 PM

And of course they disappeared. It's not ONE man's job, it's a whole team's job.

One man, except the case he's has lots of skills and knowledge cannot create a professional video. It takes a team of at least three (script, graphics and voiceover).

EDIT: by the way, the other members of my team never heard of bitcoin so I'm very curious what impact will this have.

I didnt say they are refusing to pay I said they havent been around the forum for awhile. What do you mean by "impact this will have"?

Its a community bounty not a business contract. Id be happy if the thread title was changed to reflect the actual amount of coins that is in the bounty account right now however I dont control that. Considering the amount of coins there is worth over $3500 its still a considerable bounty.

ribuck
Donator

Activity: 826
Merit: 1039

View Profile
January 16, 2011, 02:02:52 PM

I'm working on it, though very slowly. I'm doing a 2-minute animation based on the script that I posted earlier in this thread. I'm 30% of the way through the visuals, then there's the narration, music and sound effects to be done.

In any case, my project doesn't meet the criteria for some of the promised bounties. The more people or groups producing videos, the better.
FreddyFender

Activity: 215
Merit: 100

Shamantastic!

View Profile
January 16, 2011, 03:00:47 PM

Hey bytemaster, I concur that you should retain some rights as initiator of the bounty. We could get kiba and you on committee to judge "best" or "best of" for the bounty. Grab a quorum of long time forum guys to judge and set a time limit (say 30 days), then we all vote if no one else steps forward. If it does turn out to be a competition, then voting could eliminate contenders or split the prize accordingly.
I myself do flash and would like to make small clips based on the adventures of bitcoin & 2b(2 bit). Just to add fun and profit to my resume.
I don't think an all-inclusive video (45 min or less) can capture the economic/social/technical ramifications of bitcoin just yet. We should concentrate on the pre-existing script here or break it down into smaller projects - ie. blurbs, commercials, infomercials, and documentaries.
Just a thought...

I have managed a multimedia development house of 5-10 devs, and was a Flash AS2 coder. I know that a working script is based on time elements and that each bulletpoint needs 30-45 sec to get the point across. If we look at current scripts that have been posted, they seem to be approx. 30 min. in length.
We have three distinct target audiences (coders/geeks, economists, and layman/newbies) that may be indicating 3 animations to better separate the ideas.
I am willing to help with smaller entries that could be circulated faster and target everyone. I am setting up a background and actors for an animated cartoon based on the adventures of Bitcoin and 2b(2bit). I don't expect the full bounty, but donations would be nice. I'll be posting these in Feburary, so stay tuned.
Have fun with the big project and any help you need, give a shout out.

wobber
Legendary

View Profile
January 16, 2011, 03:27:36 PM

I won't start it with the Bible verse, nor anything like this. It seems it makes people to think of religious fanatics, lol.

The infomercials are a very good idea, I'll discuss this too.

A 45minute video is too much and would be more like a documentary.

JohnDoe

Activity: 392

View Profile
January 16, 2011, 04:27:35 PM

1) How, why and when?

I would scrap this part completely. Nobody will care about details like who the author is or in what language the client is written in. Instead of answering "how, why and when" answer "what" first. How and why are answered in the other sections of your script.

And as a suggestion, you could ask a knowledgeable person like theymos or gavin to help you make a really solid script and in return offer a percentage of the bounty. Or you could just make a thread in the general forum with your script and let everyone improve it from there.
wobber
Legendary

View Profile
January 16, 2011, 08:36:43 PM

What license is to be used for this movie?  Huh

I prefer Creative Commons-Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported.

I never think about the license but I'm sure it will be Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported because it's free on distribution and remixing.

Also should be the materials used such as 3D bitcoin animation, script, FinalCut effects (if new are created). Pretty much everything.

Meanwhile, i have a question: How could I submit a draft of the script and everyone could modify it with somekind of tracking feature and also prevent vandalim? I don't have time to set up a website to do that and the forum will be messy, with lots of quotes and "It would be better without this" or "I'd skip that". 

mizerydearia

Activity: 574
Merit: 507

View Profile
January 16, 2011, 09:49:56 PM

Meanwhile, i have a question: How could I submit a draft of the script and everyone could modify it with somekind of tracking feature and also prevent vandalim? I don't have time to set up a website to do that and the forum will be messy, with lots of quotes and "It would be better without this" or "I'd skip that".  

Perhaps you could track derivatives by using a 1x1 pixel hotlinked image and suggest to others that produce copies or derivatives to leave the image intact (for tracking purposes) and also to publish or post the derivatives in publicly accessible web-based resources (for easy web-based access)?  In regards to 'vandalism,' that depends on the attributed license.  Regarding allowing everyone to edit, use the Bitcoin wiki?
fabianhjr

Do The Evolution

View Profile
January 16, 2011, 10:10:14 PM

...$3500 its still a considerable bounty.
Actually with the 40 cent exchange it is more like $5500 USD. If you ask me we should update this thread because it is over 50% of what the thread indicates. xD

JohnDoe

Activity: 392

View Profile
January 17, 2011, 01:05:33 PM

I would ask MagicalTux if it's alright to put it on the bitcoin wiki temporarily, and if it gets vandalized it can get semi-protected.
Babylon

Activity: 938
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 17, 2011, 05:57:28 PM

I am fluent in English, have a decent quality microphone and a good speaking voice.  I'd love to work as part of a team as I have about no visual skills.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print