Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 10:39:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Storjcoin X (SJCX) - A Coin for Decentralized Cloud Storage  (Read 400922 times)
nade70

Activity: 186
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 04:24:50 AM

When will Test Group C be running?

We don't have a date set yet. There is a lot to be done still and Test Group A is still ongoing.

Does Test group A have a projected time line for that testing or is this an ongoing adhoc arrangement?

We will move onto the next phase when the infrastructure and the software is ready for it. We don't have set timelines.

Do you have a high level list of milestones you are looking to hit? Its hard with a big project and when working on something completely new to know when something will be finished but there will be particular features you are testing out. Can we have a roadmap of those please.
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2015, 04:34:50 AM

Bitcoin-qt stucks on loading wallet. Armory does not see bitcoin-qt !

You don't want to use Bitcoin-qt to use Armory for storing SJCX. Create an address in Armory, go to CounterWallet and click "Create New Address", and then "Create Armory Offline Address". Type the address you got from Armory in the "Address" field, and some descriptive text in the other field, such as "Cold storage". Click "Create New Address". That's it!

-MZ

super3
Legendary

Activity: 1094
Merit: 1006

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2015, 07:56:12 PM

We don't have a date set yet. There is a lot to be done still and Test Group A is still ongoing.

Does Test group A have a projected time line for that testing or is this an ongoing adhoc arrangement?
We got a solid set of data from Test Group A. Now that I think about it we should probably release it as an open data set.

1) We need to upgrade the cluster to our GB testing.
2) Waiting on the details from Vennd about their payment system. Rather use theirs then spend the time writing our own.

From there we can move on to Test Group B. Test Group C is undefined, as we have to get through all the hurdles and challenges of Test Group B first.

Bitcoin Dev / Storj - Decentralized Cloud Storage. Winner of Texas Bitcoin Conference Hackathon 2014. / Peercoin Web Lead / Primecoin Web Lead / Armory Guide Author / "Am I the only one that trusts Dogecoin more than the Federal Reserve?"
super3
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2015, 07:57:54 PM

We will move onto the next phase when the infrastructure and the software is ready for it. We don't have set timelines.

Do you have a high level list of milestones you are looking to hit? Its hard with a big project and when working on something completely new to know when something will be finished but there will be particular features you are testing out. Can we have a roadmap of those please.
Yeah, we have been working on architecture stuff for the past few days. We can throw down some short term milestones in the wiki. We have a discussion for the architecture scheduled today. We want to get that finished before we start defining any more goals.

Bitcoin Dev / Storj - Decentralized Cloud Storage. Winner of Texas Bitcoin Conference Hackathon 2014. / Peercoin Web Lead / Primecoin Web Lead / Armory Guide Author / "Am I the only one that trusts Dogecoin more than the Federal Reserve?"
JJ12880

Activity: 671
Merit: 501

Blockchain and stuff

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 09:11:13 PM

Hi guys, im pretty sure Im late to test-group party, but I am extremely interested in this project. I have a server grade workstation with about 2 TB free space, good CPU's, and bandwidth that id be more than willing to use to contribute. I know my handle on BCT is still labeled as newbie, but ive been around crypto for a while. Id love to help beta test, and I will probably be looking to get into group C, if that is still an option. BTC funds are low ATM, but I am going to work on that.  Heading over to read the whitepaper now.

Radium  Bringing Advanced Utility to the Blockchain!
BTC Thread | Telegram
STORJX

Activity: 191

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 06:25:07 PM

Hi guys, im pretty sure Im late to test-group party, but I am extremely interested in this project. I have a server grade workstation with about 2 TB free space, good CPU's, and bandwidth that id be more than willing to use to contribute. I know my handle on BCT is still labeled as newbie, but ive been around crypto for a while. Id love to help beta test, and I will probably be looking to get into group C, if that is still an option. BTC funds are low ATM, but I am going to work on that.  Heading over to read the whitepaper now.

Thanks for your support. Yes everyone will be able to participate in Test Group C.
Whitepaper is a good place to start but also:

Sem

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 11:22:48 PM

How much will be reward for Group B or C ? Interesting poject, info about reward will be very useful for users/testers/investors and me too =)
STORJX

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 02:01:06 AM

How much will be reward for Group B or C ? Interesting poject, info about reward will be very useful for users/testers/investors and me too =)

We won't be able to make accurate estimates until we actually test the network and the rewards themselves.

But if you feel like reading we have a blog post that talks about the subject here: How much will I make from DriveShare?
ninjaboon
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2015, 07:39:07 AM

why has the SJCX price tanked?

STORJX

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 05:59:49 PM

I'll reply with another question, why does BTC price goes up and down?
As well as any other coin/token?

People buys and sells, we as a team don't have any control on the price of SJCX.
Speculators do what they feel, I personally believe the value of SJCX is not in the current price but its utility as a token on the Storj Network once it launches.
nade70

Activity: 186

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 01:16:06 AM

The lower the price the more option there is to get your 10k to be in on the group c testing. Once testing is released everyone who got their 10k at these prices will be laughing. If this storage method works even those who bought in when the group c testing starts will be happy when mass adoption occurs.

Online storage like this is not the killer app we are waiting for but it is what the killer app will sit on top of. There will be many partners lining up, there are now, they are becoming increasingly impatient though because what they want to do relies on this working.

Can we please have some more details from our current testing people to let us know how things are going? It would be great to have weekly updates on what has been achieved or discussions on what is being tackled.
STORJX

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 02:43:32 AM

The lower the price the more option there is to get your 10k to be in on the group c testing. Once testing is released everyone who got their 10k at these prices will be laughing. If this storage method works even those who bought in when the group c testing starts will be happy when mass adoption occurs.

Online storage like this is not the killer app we are waiting for but it is what the killer app will sit on top of. There will be many partners lining up, there are now, they are becoming increasingly impatient though because what they want to do relies on this working.

Can we please have some more details from our current testing people to let us know how things are going? It would be great to have weekly updates on what has been achieved or discussions on what is being tackled.

There will be some updates very soon. Make sure you register to our newsletter at http://storj.ioSmiley
ninjaboon
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2015, 06:56:43 AM

People buys and sells, we as a team don't have any control on the price of SJCX.
Speculators do what they feel, I personally believe the value of SJCX is not in the current price but its utility as a token on the Storj Network once it launches.

Any ETA for the Test Group C rollout?
I think the team has been quiet for a few weeks.

waxo

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 06:03:01 PM

Nice move on polo Smiley it's going up

super3
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2015, 10:19:46 PM

Any ETA for the Test Group C rollout?
I think the team has been quiet for a few weeks.
All will be quiet until the Texas Bitcoin Conference. Wink

bitcoinrocks
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 06:36:00 PM

Will Storj also use a blockchain of its own?  If so, will it be a sidechain to Bitcoin or totally separate?

Bear with us on that one, we haven't made a decision yet.

Any progress on this?
bitcoinrocks
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 06:40:25 PM

41,469,270 SJCX are the coins currently in circulation. There are 500,000,000 SJCX and they have all been generated and the asset locked. Means that no more can be created. The remaining 350 million are idle at the moment until it is decided what to do with them.

Any news on what will be done with the remaining coins?  Also can anyone help me reconcile the 3 numbers above?
iulius99

Activity: 240

View Profile
April 21, 2015, 07:38:16 AM

Hello! In a Counterwallet on Login  i have this mesage:

"No counterparty servers are currently available. Please try again later. ERROR: The server is not fully caught up to the blockchain. Please logout and try later. (Most likely this message is due to the server being updated.)"

I think there is a problem with the counterpaty wallet ...
I hope it will be resolved as soon as possible ...

To avoid all these problems, I wanted to ask if there maybe a storj wallet available to download for windows?
super3
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2015, 02:34:58 AM

Will Storj also use a blockchain of its own?  If so, will it be a sidechain to Bitcoin or totally separate?

Bear with us on that one, we haven't made a decision yet.

Any progress on this?
We are using the Bitcoin blockchain. Sidechains would be nice, but we are not holding our breath for them.

sdersdf3

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 09:53:45 AM

Back to 1M$ market cap, what's going on Storj?

How close is Storj to being ready to host decentralised storage-related applications?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: