Bitcoin Forum
July 05, 2024, 04:16:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Storjcoin X (SJCX) - A Coin for Decentralized Cloud Storage  (Read 400926 times)
mishax1
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 06:34:44 PM

Have been sharing storage for over a month now, yet no reward whatsoever. Am I doing something wrong, because my disk space is getting used Smiley

You have to have at least 10K SJCX coins in the wallet you're mining to in order to get rewards.

For real!? I've read alot before starting, where could I have found this?

hmm.. on the main website.. where is says "Early Access"  ?  -  http://storj.io/earlyaccess.html
TracerX

Activity: 918
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 04:10:48 AM

Have been sharing storage for over a month now, yet no reward whatsoever. Am I doing something wrong, because my disk space is getting used Smiley

You have to have at least 10K SJCX coins in the wallet you're mining to in order to get rewards.

For real!? I've read alot before starting, where could I have found this?
http://driveshare.org/dataserv.html
funnyman21

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 02:31:27 PM

Are they gonna do several crowdsales diluting previous shares?

If so, that's gonna hurt...

More transparency about funding needs is needed
WhyMe

Activity: 661
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 01:18:17 AM

~0.5btc at actual rate for testing ?
without that, there's no reward, it's that ?
it's not for everybody, and not for me in this case !

client doesn't work on an azure VM, process diskspace.exe crash.
Furio
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

BTC | LTC | XLM | VEN | ARDR

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 12:38:13 PM

Can anyone help me, because I'm getting properly ticked off Smiley

I love the idea of storjcoin, since I had a similar idea years ago, yet no coding skills Smiley I installed driveshare and starting renting out my diskspace. After a few weeks of no rewards, yet max usage of my diskspace, I found out that the paing address needs a balance of at least 10 storjcoins through this thread.

So I did, I now have 10.868 on the address 1DxXDNPkuNoYU1GRyBdJadY4KedcX1ZjNf TxId: f86b22ed1203a965426abaf56e093fefff9e4fa72707215f9fd294d53da3aafb. This address is also the pay out address of driveshare...

Driveshare still states that i have 0 sjcx on that same address, while this is incorrect. I refreshed and restarted alot, didnt help. What am I missing?

Also friendly note, maybe it would be nice for starting users to be warned when they start sharing space for nothing...

super3
Legendary

Activity: 1094
Merit: 1006

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2016, 02:42:15 PM

Can anyone help me, because I'm getting properly ticked off Smiley

I love the idea of storjcoin, since I had a similar idea years ago, yet no coding skills Smiley I installed driveshare and starting renting out my diskspace. After a few weeks of no rewards, yet max usage of my diskspace, I found out that the paing address needs a balance of at least 10 storjcoins through this thread.

So I did, I now have 10.868 on the address 1DxXDNPkuNoYU1GRyBdJadY4KedcX1ZjNf TxId: f86b22ed1203a965426abaf56e093fefff9e4fa72707215f9fd294d53da3aafb. This address is also the pay out address of driveshare...

Driveshare still states that i have 0 sjcx on that same address, while this is incorrect. I refreshed and restarted alot, didnt help. What am I missing?

Also friendly note, maybe it would be nice for starting users to be warned when they start sharing space for nothing...
You many run the software for free, and give us testing data. You need 10,000 SJCX to test receive rewards for testing. It remains 100% in your control. Payments are made on a monthly basis which is probably why you were confused. Future versions will show your earning in real time. In the future those SJCX will be used to establish file contracts, set bonds, and start micropayment channels.

~0.5btc at actual rate for testing ?
without that, there's no reward, it's that ?
it's not for everybody, and not for me in this case !

client doesn't work on an azure VM, process diskspace.exe crash.
Would be grateful if you could make an issue here https://github.com/storj/driveshare-gui/issues with the log.

Are they gonna do several crowdsales diluting previous shares?

If so, that's gonna hurt...

More transparency about funding needs is needed

The project is fully funded by Storj Labs Inc. We still have about 1/3 of the BTC from the crowdsale two years ago, and we don't intend to do another one. Trust me when I say there are a nightmare.

Bitcoin Dev / Storj - Decentralized Cloud Storage. Winner of Texas Bitcoin Conference Hackathon 2014. / Peercoin Web Lead / Primecoin Web Lead / Armory Guide Author / "Am I the only one that trusts Dogecoin more than the Federal Reserve?"
Furio
Legendary

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 02:47:13 PM

so in order to rent out disk space, you need to invest 13/14 btc, ok.... on to the next one, cuz this is ridiculous man....

mishax1
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 04:43:10 PM

so in order to rent out disk space, you need to invest 13/14 btc, ok.... on to the next one, cuz this is ridiculous man....

Actually 0.6btc at the current price, and 0.3btc a month ago..   but who counts, right ?     goodbye
Lenore

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
January 24, 2016, 12:23:44 AM

I think its just their way of getting coins out there.

Should only be like 10 coins.   not 10k coins.  good way to make you buy before the software is really even ready.  if they are only testing.  They would get more users to test with if it were say only 10.  Makes more sense to me.  I know this coin isnt a scam but making you buy 10k coins is a scammish way of doing things.  Makes the market price higher.  They need to reward the little guys as well.  Have talked to a load of people on this coin and they are not in simply because of the 10k reward.  Ill wait until the coin is actually ready before i dive in.  Otherwise its not worth it IMHO.  Ill be watching for when things are actually active and able to be used.

TracerX

Activity: 918
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 24, 2016, 01:25:15 AM

Should only be like 10 coins.   not 10k coins.  good way to make you buy before the software is really even ready.  if they are only testing.  They would get more users to test with if it were say only 10.  Makes more sense to me.  I know this coin isnt a scam but making you buy 10k coins is a scammish way of doing things.  Makes the market price higher.  They need to reward the little guys as well.  Have talked to a load of people on this coin and they are not in simply because of the 10k reward.  Ill wait until the coin is actually ready before i dive in.  Otherwise its not worth it IMHO.  Ill be watching for when things are actually active and able to be used.

While you aren't technically wrong, the 10K number was originally devised as a way to reward backers during the original crowdfunding of this coin.  It helped me make my decision for sure.  I feel it's disingenuous to come back two years later and say "Hey, it's not fair to cut out the little guys"--you wouldn't say the same thing about people who got a deal on something from kickstarter, no?

This product isn't fully-baked yet and the early rounds of testing are designed to reward early investors.  This isn't the man holding the little people down--it's actually pretty nice of the developers to let people who missed the crowdfunding to still play ball, albeit at a slightly higher price of entry.

edit: technically and holy shit I can't write goodly.
Furio
Legendary

View Profile
January 24, 2016, 01:47:12 PM

Actually 0.6btc at the current price, and 0.3btc a month ago..   but who counts, right ?     goodbye

Hahahaha, slight miscalculation  Roll Eyes

Do-able, but I agree with lowering it a bit Smiley

super3
Legendary

Activity: 1094
Merit: 1006

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2016, 04:19:05 PM

Should only be like 10 coins.   not 10k coins.  good way to make you buy before the software is really even ready.  if they are only testing.  They would get more users to test with if it were say only 10.  Makes more sense to me.  I know this coin isnt a scam but making you buy 10k coins is a scammish way of doing things.  Makes the market price higher.  They need to reward the little guys as well.  Have talked to a load of people on this coin and they are not in simply because of the 10k reward.  Ill wait until the coin is actually ready before i dive in.  Otherwise its not worth it IMHO.  Ill be watching for when things are actually active and able to be used.

While you aren't technically wrong, the 10K number was originally devised as a way to reward backers during the original crowdfunding of this coin.  It helped me make my decision for sure.  I feel it's disingenuous to come back two years later and say "Hey, it's not fair to cut out the little guys"--you wouldn't say the same thing about people who got a deal on something from kickstarter, no?

This product isn't fully-baked yet and the early rounds of testing are designed to reward early investors.  This isn't the man holding the little people down--it's actually pretty nice of the developers to let people who missed the crowdfunding to still play ball, albeit at a slightly higher price of entry.

edit: technically and holy shit I can't write goodly.
We will work on a page explaining the 10k SJCX better.

Bitcoin Dev / Storj - Decentralized Cloud Storage. Winner of Texas Bitcoin Conference Hackathon 2014. / Peercoin Web Lead / Primecoin Web Lead / Armory Guide Author / "Am I the only one that trusts Dogecoin more than the Federal Reserve?"
xandry
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3500
Merit: 4194

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2016, 05:23:19 AM

Some news:
Test Group B: 2 PB Milestone Reached! Preparing the launch of Test Group C which will allow us to test file transfers on the P2P network including latency, bandwidth, throughput and more.

Source: http://us8.forward-to-friend.com/forward/preview?u=edba9fc4ce8b9095a31859cba&id=c76be1102c

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
ra_pl

Activity: 251
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 31, 2016, 01:32:27 PM

Grin

klintay
Legendary

Activity: 1775
Merit: 1032

Value will be measured in sats

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2016, 04:24:58 PM

this is an amazing project has the potential to turn file sharing, online storage on its head...in essence this true cloud mining with nothing but your computer hard drive and some bandwidth

very excited to see where this leads...i think a standalone wallet client would be nice touch as well but that can wait
Lenore

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 07:30:42 PM

Im still in watching this.   Needs to be launched before I buy in though or do anything with this coin.  Seems many people dont like to shy away from GPU/Asic mining.  Would like to see where it goes first.   But enough with the testing already.  We know it works launch the damn thing already.

child_harold

Activity: 812

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 08:54:33 PM

should be more open. plus this is the slowest Bitcointalk thread ever. all the action in chat groups?

xandry
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3500
Merit: 4194

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2016, 02:08:40 AM

all the action in chat groups?
Yep. For example yesterday january payout was announced - https://storjcommunity.slack.com/archives/announcements/p1454446367000159

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Lenore

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 03:01:30 AM

Should be more discussion here though as after all they did issue an [ANN] here.

thehun
Legendary

Activity: 1212
Merit: 1037

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 03:21:13 PM

all the action in chat groups?
Yep. For example yesterday january payout was announced - https://storjcommunity.slack.com/archives/announcements/p1454446367000159

how can I get invited into that team? I just found out about its existence; I bought in the crowfunding and still own the coins but never got informed about that.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: