Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 04:00:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Storjcoin X (SJCX) - A Coin for Decentralized Cloud Storage  (Read 400919 times)
szachta

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 22, 2016, 01:53:57 PM

How is possible to mine this coin and where exchange?
aidia

Activity: 257
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 23, 2016, 01:55:26 PM

Storj calls "mining" as "farming" since you start up a Hard Drive farm from which you can earn SJCX.

SO you need to download their storjshare GUI software, install it on your computer, allocate the space you are willing to share and fire it up. Now you are farming! The more data you store on your harddrive, and the more your farm has uptime, the more you earn SJCX.

Or if you are more tech savvy you might want to use their CLI client to do the same thing.

You can buy/sell SJCX from exchanges like poloniex or bittrex
robelneo
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 1205

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2016, 05:10:44 PM

Storj calls "mining" as "farming" since you start up a Hard Drive farm from which you can earn SJCX.

SO you need to download their storjshare GUI software, install it on your computer, allocate the space you are willing to share and fire it up. Now you are farming! The more data you store on your harddrive, and the more your farm has uptime, the more you earn SJCX.

Or if you are more tech savvy you might want to use their CLI client to do the same thing.

Based on what I've read on their faq,you need a fast internet connection to be able to connect to their network,because storage seller like you who allow your storage to be get rented are vying for sellers like you,if your connection is disconnected you will lose your earning too

Altcoining

Activity: 138
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 26, 2016, 11:00:29 AM

Based on what I've read on their faq,you need a fast internet connection to be able to connect to their network,because storage seller like you who allow your storage to be get rented are vying for sellers like you,if your connection is disconnected you will lose your earning too

Your internet doesn't have to be fast - I don't think. As long as it's stable.
Bitdonator
Legendary

Activity: 1223
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 26, 2016, 12:55:05 PM

I connected my 8gb USB flash with Storj client,
and after drive is complete loaded with data,  I get message:
"Invalid storage size" and cant connect it anymore.

Anyone have idea how to resolve this?
szachta

View Profile
November 26, 2016, 01:15:56 PM

8 GB is low i testing how much i will get with my 500 gb disk.Now i have 0 sjcx after 3 hours.
Bitdonator
Legendary

View Profile
November 26, 2016, 01:28:02 PM

8 GB is low i testing how much i will get with my 500 gb disk.Now i have 0 sjcx after 3 hours.

Its just for testing how Storj works with flash drive.

You will not get SJCX so fast... payouts occur a week after month end
adamvp

Activity: 1246
Merit: 708

View Profile
November 26, 2016, 11:11:24 PM

Its just for testing how Storj works with flash drive.

You will not get SJCX so fast... payouts occur a week after month end
there are manual payment, yes?
and there is a spreasheet ?
and in December payments are for October?
Please correct me if I write something wrong

I am looking for signature campaign Wink pm me
szachta

View Profile
November 27, 2016, 09:30:23 AM
Last edit: November 27, 2016, 10:27:22 AM by szachta

Day almost left i have steal 0 SJCX.Now i check in another adres, must have  min 10000 coins to share my free space and earn but earning is very slow.
adamvp

Activity: 1246
Merit: 708

View Profile
November 27, 2016, 12:48:44 PM

Day almost left i have steal 0 SJCX.Now i check in another adres, must have  min 10000 coins to share my free space and earn but earning is very slow.
not now what I know, you need no SJCX
And as I mention above you have to wait next month (earlier you can check if you are in the spreadsheet - but I don't know exactly where this spreadsheet is Sad )
LEt someone smarter explain

I am looking for signature campaign Wink pm me
Bitdonator
Legendary

View Profile
November 28, 2016, 05:30:33 AM

And as I mention above you have to wait next month (earlier you can check if you are in the spreadsheet - but I don't know exactly where this spreadsheet is Sad )

Is there link available to check spreadshit ?
aidia

View Profile
November 28, 2016, 10:28:17 AM

Is there link available to check spreadshit ?

You don't need to hold SJCX in your wallet to get paid, but if you want to have 100% rewards, then you need to hold 1000 SJCX. Please note that exchange wallets do not work, you need to have it in counterparty wallet.

Payouts are once a month, october rewards are paid in november and so on. For now they have been handled manually.

Link to payout sheet: https://keybase.pub/frdwrd/11-16%20Payout%20Proposal%20v2.csv
MemberCount+1

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 29, 2016, 12:57:17 PM
Last edit: November 29, 2016, 01:33:57 PM by MemberCount+1

You don't need to hold SJCX in your wallet to get paid, but if you want to have 100% rewards, then you need to hold 1000 SJCX. Please note that exchange wallets do not work, you need to have it in counterparty wallet.

If is a manual payment for share space, why only counterparty wallet? Is the payout address on a exchange not enough to payout the share rewards of storj? Or is there an aditional "mining"process in counterparty wallet for 100% effectiveness.

Ah ok I found the information on the Website.  Cheesy
szachta

View Profile
November 29, 2016, 07:19:29 PM

I need create a token or just my adres BTC in coonterwallet in enough to rent my drive?
MemberCount+1

View Profile
November 30, 2016, 08:14:04 AM

Is there a prediction about my rewards for the next month? Can I move the storj user- and workingfolder to a new computer with more capacity and start the "mining"process again?

If I delete the sharefolder is it a problem for the network and the stored files?
aidia

View Profile
November 30, 2016, 11:09:44 AM

I need create a token or just my adres BTC in coonterwallet in enough to rent my drive?

Create counterparty wallet, add that address to Storjshare, start renting.
aidia

View Profile
November 30, 2016, 11:10:48 AM

Is there a prediction about my rewards for the next month? Can I move the storj user- and workingfolder to a new computer with more capacity and start the "mining"process again?

If I delete the sharefolder is it a problem for the network and the stored files?

No predictions. Not sure of your second question. Safest would be create new folders on your new setup. You can use same payout wallet.
albrots

Activity: 534

View Profile
November 30, 2016, 11:11:58 AM

wow storjo , this new storjo ?
2 years ago , Storjo made my wallet fat Cheesy
this good coin
MemberCount+1

View Profile
November 30, 2016, 11:31:43 AM

No predictions. Not sure of your second question. Safest would be create new folders on your new setup. You can use same payout wallet.
Ah ok, thx for your answer, and my other question: "If I delete the sharefolder is it a problem for the network and the stored files?" Are the file chunks stored multiple times in the network?
aidia

View Profile
November 30, 2016, 12:38:11 PM

Ah ok, thx for your answer, and my other question: "If I delete the sharefolder is it a problem for the network and the stored files?" Are the file chunks stored multiple times in the network?

At least when the project truly goes live it's a big NO NO and you would be somehow blacklisted as unreliable farmer. Not sure if this feature has been implemented yet. You get the best answers from Storj's rocketchat. The community over there is very active and questions answered quick. Smiley

File chuncks are stored multiple times around the network, and re-distributed if needed, so they are never truly gone if one or more farmers disconnect/delete at the same time.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: