Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 08:34:44 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Storjcoin X (SJCX) - A Coin for Decentralized Cloud Storage  (Read 400922 times)
Vandalay23

Activity: 341
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 02:22:36 PM

Price is below crowd sale.....

No investor would sell under his investment....

Means dev is dumping coins he holds ??!!???!!

exoton

Activity: 350

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 02:43:43 PM

you do not know what you are talking about , but please , continue to fud so i can get in below ipo price Smiley
Suntouri

Activity: 170
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 03:08:19 PM

Total supply: 500,000,000 coins
Too many... im out
mthompson362

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2014, 04:12:18 PM

Hey everybody, apologies for the late reply.

What questions do you all have for our team?
mthompson362

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2014, 04:29:49 PM

Total supply: 500,000,000 coins
Too many... im out
Total number of coins doesn't make a difference. If a coin has actual use and value (which SJCX would most likely have), the market cap would be the same with 500,000,000 coins or 1,000,000.

What's the current amount of coins in circulation?
Including dev's and community pools.

Nobody from dev team will answer my question?
I wanna know what happened to all the coins that were supposed to be sold in crowd sale.
910 BTC = 3.5 M coins

OP says 500M.....

Quite a difference...

Silence means dev team is keeping the rest and will dump it on every1....

The SJCX will be kept in the genesis original address and the SJCX previously allocated for pools and what not will be dispersed to where they have been designated.
mthompson362

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2014, 04:36:29 PM

A large portion of the coins haven't even been generated yet. You can see here: blockscan.com/assetInfo.aspx?q=SJCX. Once the coins are created, they will be kept in that wallet besides coins that have been previously designated for their purposes - and even those won't be moved for a bit until we have a system set up for dev and community pools.
Chris001

Activity: 448

electroneum.com

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 04:39:23 PM

What was the IPO price per coin? And polo has storj for sale right now?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=186785
Here is the link to my trust settings here on forum. This trust system is very unfair. I make good on every deal Ive ever made. I had many, many deals as you can see and I never scammed anyone. All it takes is a random account to give you negative trust and youre screwed. Tomatocage has never even talked to me ever but when the random acct hit me with negative trust, Tomatocage came right behind him and marked neg trust again so obviously he was the one who did it. You can look at Tomatocage trust and see how many of his compeditors at the currency exchange thread he labeled scammers. I never scammed anyone. My trust was green over 20 before this. I hope it never happens to you because the mods cant help you.
mthompson362

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2014, 04:42:01 PM

What was the IPO price per coin? And polo has storj for sale right now?
The first phase priced coins at about 0.000025 BTC/SJCX. And yes, Poloniex has listed SJCX. Another exchange has listed SJCX which an be found here: www.melotic.com/markets/sjcx-btc
l3mmy

Activity: 87

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 05:08:47 PM

Ryan/lemmy here I will try to answer any and all questions here looks like a lot of things being said not many specific questions...so let's have em we will answer anything here we can.

I anticipate many questions are what is happening with the rest of the coins so here is a break down

500,000,000 total sjcx is the plan to issue then lock

15% 75,000,000 were allocated for developers to pay salaries and bounties for the development team and volunteers
15% 75,000,000 are allocated to a community fund for the community to make decision on what to do with.

70% 350,000,000 were allocated for the crowdsale..it looks like about 36,000,000 were distributed this way.  

As stated http://us8.campaign-archive2.com/?u=edba9fc4ce8b9095a31859cba&id=59c0942390
Because there has been a lot of confusion about the 9,800 BTC goal, we wanted to be very clear that this is a long-term goal. Most crowdsales choose goals that they intend to reach in a specific time period, but in reality these are highly unpredictable. Instead, we chose a goal that was overly optimistic. That is, we never intended to reach 9,800 BTC during this crowdsale. All of the crowdsale participants will receive early access to our software, such as Metadisk and DriveShare. We have a lot of plans for leveraging the unsold Storjcoin X from our crowdsale to develop and support the network and related applications through their early stages. So what exactly happens to these coins?  

Early Farming Rewards
A portion of the remaining coins will be used to reward users in the early DriveShare network for the space that they are offering and for testing the network.  This amount will be determined once the crowsdale is complete.  We feel that simply deciding this amount arbitrarily, without knowing how many are remaining, would be irresponsible. Furthermore, we believe we should have an in-depth and open discussion before making this important decision, just like the one we had when we deliberated on which protocol to use for SJCX. Please make sure you are registered on our official forum http://storjtalk.org to be a part of that discussion.

Future Crowdsales
Remaining portions of the coins will be distributed during future crowdsales, mostly for new storage platforms. We are exploring many different models for this. Applications such as Metadisk should run independently, but on the Storj platform. If you have been watching the forums, you have also seen the demos for decentralized video, decentralized audio, and decentralized image applications.  These could become game changing applications whose own crowdsales could be supplemented by Storjcoin X, as users will need Storjcoin X to run and use these applications on the Storj network. This will also provide value to Storj because they will ensure the storage space that you sell to the network is being bought and used.
The remaining coins are slated for distribution to people testing the network with Driveshare as well as some for future if needed crowdsale.

All current code is available on github.com/storj  there is a post on reddit looking to bring on another developer http://www.reddit.com/r/Jobs4Bitcoins/comments/2dx487/hiring_looking_for_an_experienced_python_flask_dev/

So questions let's keep them constructive.
mthompson362

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2014, 07:23:20 PM

Stay tuned for a post crowdsale release everybody.
Vandalay23

Activity: 341

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 07:24:53 PM

So.... the main question is:
Where are the rest of the 350 M coins? those that were no distributed in the crowd sale...

Ryan/lemmy here I will try to answer any and all questions here looks like a lot of things being said not many specific questions...so let's have em we will answer anything here we can.

I anticipate many questions are what is happening with the rest of the coins so here is a break down

500,000,000 total sjcx is the plan to issue then lock

15% 75,000,000 were allocated for developers to pay salaries and bounties for the development team and volunteers
15% 75,000,000 are allocated to a community fund for the community to make decision on what to do with.

70% 350,000,000 were allocated for the crowdsale..it looks like about 36,000,000 were distributed this way.  

As stated http://us8.campaign-archive2.com/?u=edba9fc4ce8b9095a31859cba&id=59c0942390
Because there has been a lot of confusion about the 9,800 BTC goal, we wanted to be very clear that this is a long-term goal. Most crowdsales choose goals that they intend to reach in a specific time period, but in reality these are highly unpredictable. Instead, we chose a goal that was overly optimistic. That is, we never intended to reach 9,800 BTC during this crowdsale. All of the crowdsale participants will receive early access to our software, such as Metadisk and DriveShare. We have a lot of plans for leveraging the unsold Storjcoin X from our crowdsale to develop and support the network and related applications through their early stages. So what exactly happens to these coins?  

Early Farming Rewards
A portion of the remaining coins will be used to reward users in the early DriveShare network for the space that they are offering and for testing the network.  This amount will be determined once the crowsdale is complete.  We feel that simply deciding this amount arbitrarily, without knowing how many are remaining, would be irresponsible. Furthermore, we believe we should have an in-depth and open discussion before making this important decision, just like the one we had when we deliberated on which protocol to use for SJCX. Please make sure you are registered on our official forum http://storjtalk.org to be a part of that discussion.

Future Crowdsales
Remaining portions of the coins will be distributed during future crowdsales, mostly for new storage platforms. We are exploring many different models for this. Applications such as Metadisk should run independently, but on the Storj platform. If you have been watching the forums, you have also seen the demos for decentralized video, decentralized audio, and decentralized image applications.  These could become game changing applications whose own crowdsales could be supplemented by Storjcoin X, as users will need Storjcoin X to run and use these applications on the Storj network. This will also provide value to Storj because they will ensure the storage space that you sell to the network is being bought and used.
The remaining coins are slated for distribution to people testing the network with Driveshare as well as some for future if needed crowdsale.

All current code is available on github.com/storj  there is a post on reddit looking to bring on another developer http://www.reddit.com/r/Jobs4Bitcoins/comments/2dx487/hiring_looking_for_an_experienced_python_flask_dev/

So questions let's keep them constructive.
mthompson362

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2014, 07:32:23 PM

So.... the main question is:
Where are the rest of the 350 M coins? those that were no distributed in the crowd sale...

They have not been created yet. Take a look at the block explorer (http://blockscan.com/assetInfo.aspx?q=SJCX) to see how many coins exist and what addresses hold how many coins. Once these coins are generated, they will most likely be put into a time lock so as not available for us until we have a system for the distribution of SJCX to their previously designated locations.
LazerPanther

Activity: 334

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 09:59:02 PM

Any updates on the post crowd-sale release?
STORJX

Activity: 191

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 10:50:43 PM

Any updates on the post crowd-sale release?

It will be out soon, it's being worked on to make sure we cover everything.
noflex

Activity: 84

Crypto trader

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 08:51:49 AM

A post crowd-sale release? :p What does that mean?
cryptworld

Activity: 714
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 04:15:02 PM

which will be benefits for investors?
STORJX

Activity: 191

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 04:10:21 AM

Join the discussion on StorjTalk for everything you need to know about Storj, Metadisk and Driveshare.

We have launched 3 new local subforums for: German, Spanish and Italian!
There are bounties to translate to other languages too!

You are all welcome @ http://storjtalk.org to keep up with news and updates.

kingscrown

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

http://fuk.io - check it out!

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2014, 04:42:03 AM

i wanted to help this coin since idea looked good with marketing but the guys denied - at this point hard to tell if they dont want to pay people or this wont do what it promised.
i suggest caution at this point

CryptoLenin

Activity: 177

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 07:38:50 PM

There is one moment for this project as i can see. Of course i can be wrong))) The main strange point is that storage etc is decentralized, but coins are centralized Smiley Thats why it s unclear how the mining will be performed, and what is the point to do it. Devs will decide how much coins you get or some third party (system, algo, etc)? And if it is even system, why "miner" should trust it Huh
super3
Legendary

Activity: 1094
Merit: 1006

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2014, 07:59:26 PM

A post crowd-sale release? :p What does that mean?
Its already been sent out to those on our mailing list.

Bitcoin Dev / Storj - Decentralized Cloud Storage. Winner of Texas Bitcoin Conference Hackathon 2014. / Peercoin Web Lead / Primecoin Web Lead / Armory Guide Author / "Am I the only one that trusts Dogecoin more than the Federal Reserve?"
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: