Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 08:47:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Dollar coming to an end  (Read 34915 times)
picolo

Activity: 1022
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 03:02:46 PM

I think a better question is when will the dollar become the world currency as opposed to killed off.

The US Dollar weight in international transactions and as Central Banks reserves has been in decline for years.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Mcqueen44

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 07:56:01 PM

I don't know if I can agree with the article. The U.S. dollar is based on a debt system that itself is based on it's military and oil. When OPEC stops writing checks to the U.S. using U.S. dollars then I will be worried but until then I don't think I will bat an eye to these articles anymore. As long as the U.S. has it's military might to keep OPEC within it's grasp, the U.S. dollar will still be the worldwide currency. That's my belief at least.
leex1528

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 11:05:04 PM

Will the Bitcoin survive the year?  Tough to say, I don't see the dollar going anywhere for quite some time though!
picolo

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 01:38:02 PM

I don't know if I can agree with the article. The U.S. dollar is based on a debt system that itself is based on it's military and oil. When OPEC stops writing checks to the U.S. using U.S. dollars then I will be worried but until then I don't think I will bat an eye to these articles anymore. As long as the U.S. has it's military might to keep OPEC within it's grasp, the U.S. dollar will still be the worldwide currency. That's my belief at least.

If bubbles pop and interest rates rise, the FED will create a lot of Dollar, the faith in the Dollar will go down, its value will go down and you have to pay the military with value so it will harder to pay them or it will take more Dollar which means more will be created and the value of the Dollar will go down even more.
BaselessBitcoin

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 02:05:22 PM

I posted this in another thread but it is relevant here.

The dollar won't ever tank. Most people think it is valuated through the fed and others but really it is backed by the most expensive military ever. Oh yea america can put econ sanctions on many this has value. As long as a govt with these things is using the dollar the dollar won't be tanking any time soon.
leex1528

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 03:08:25 PM

The dollar won't ever tank. Most people think it is valuated through the fed and others but really it is backed by the most expensive military ever. Oh yea america can put econ sanctions on many this has value. As long as a govt with these things is using the dollar the dollar won't be tanking any time soon.

This to an extent.  I will go as far to say it won't take in anyone's lifetime currently.  We don't know what is going to be going on 200 years down the road from now, so it is foolish to try and guess what will happen.
BaselessBitcoin

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 03:16:38 PM

This to an extent.  I will go as far to say it won't take in anyone's lifetime currently.  We don't know what is going to be going on 200 years down the road from now, so it is foolish to try and guess what will happen.

I agree with you. Say it won't ever tank might have been too strong of language. I meant more a long the lines of in my lifetime I don't think it ever will.
picolo

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 03:43:21 PM

I agree with you. Say it won't ever tank might have been too strong of language. I meant more a long the lines of in my lifetime I don't think it ever will.

The $ has been tanking for decades! It already lost most its purchasing power and it will keep losing probably at a much faster rate in the near future!
Eastwind

Activity: 896

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 03:54:38 PM

The $ has been tanking for decades! It already lost most its purchasing power and it will keep losing probably at a much faster rate in the near future!

All currencies are tanking due to inflation, $ is not an exception.
maku
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 04:08:00 PM

All currencies are tanking due to inflation, $ is not an exception.

While inflation is normal and we can't fight it completely we need to look at the inflation rate. Dolar in the early 20th. century for almost 70 years kept its value almost on the same level. But now look at the last 30 years. Inflation during that time was higher than in the all years of dollar existence before combined.
leex1528

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 06:56:40 PM

So what hasn't been tanking then?  This is true for pretty much everything due to the way inflation is occurring. 

I don't think it will "crash" in our lifetime is all I am saying, so 125+ years of the US dollar is to remain at the very least.
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 01:49:29 PM

So what hasn't been tanking then?  This is true for pretty much everything due to the way inflation is occurring. 

I don't think it will "crash" in our lifetime is all I am saying, so 125+ years of the US dollar is to remain at the very least.

At about 2070 if history repeats itself, the current cycle will be over and the system will be inviable. Bitcoin should be off the charts by then. We'll be old as fuck/death by then tho, so who cares.
Beyonce

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

Surfbort.

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 04:35:34 PM

Like Armageddon people have been proclaiming it's coming very shortly since the day dot. That being said, nothing lasts forever and the dollar as with other currencies will likely collapse or lose most of their value at some point, the question is just when.

Will the Bitcoin survive the year?  Tough to say, I don't see the dollar going anywhere for quite some time though!

It'll be a while for sure but keep printing more and more of it and you'll speed the process up.

Bow down, bitches.
leex1528

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 04:38:15 PM

Like Armageddon people have been proclaiming it's coming very shortly since the day dot. That being said, nothing lasts forever and the dollar as with other currencies will likely collapse or lose most of their value at some point, the question is just when.

It'll be a while for sure but keep printing more and more of it and you'll speed the process up.

Not really, I don't think they are producing enough bills with the cost of living going up and the cost of everything.  We would all be making a lot more money if that was the plan.
pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 06:40:18 PM

Not really, I don't think they are producing enough bills with the cost of living going up and the cost of everything.  We would all be making a lot more money if that was the plan.
The worst is if you are a student. A lot of students that graduate will not be able to find jobs and will have the college debt for life.
leex1528

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 06:42:15 PM

The worst is if you are a student. A lot of students that graduate will not be able to find jobs and will have the college debt for life.

I agree with you, I am a graduated student luckily I have a full time job that pays good but a lot of College kids are pretty much going to end up going bankrupt
picolo

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 09:32:25 AM

You lose time and money if you go to college for a worthless degree; if the state pays it means it is paid by people having jobs wether they went to college or not. The quality will go down and the cost will go up.
Coinshot

Activity: 521

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 06:36:05 PM

Dollar is here to stay. The entire world economy depends on it and its the refuge everyone takes in times of crisis.

BTC was supposed to be superior but everybody can not wait to rush into dollars at any sign of trouble.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

AtheistAKASaneBrain

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 02:13:05 AM

Dollar is here to stay. The entire world economy depends on it and its the refuge everyone takes in times of crisis.

BTC was supposed to be superior but everybody can not wait to rush into dollars at any sign of trouble.

In our lifetime we may have to deal with the fact the dollar will be strong enough to survive for at least 50 to 100 years.
botany
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1064

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 03:50:02 PM

It has remained the world currency for quite some time now.
Time for a change.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: