Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 02:58:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Dollar coming to an end  (Read 34915 times)
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 07:20:28 AM

I don't have any dollars so I don't care. All I got are cryptos!

and how you use them, you need to dump for usd at one point, unless in your zone you can pay everything with bitcoin(i high doubt that)

but in the event the dollar collapse(unlikely before any other fiat) bitcoin will just switch to euro and so on, as long as there is one fiat we can measure its value easy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Aayush

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

I believe in Bitcoin!

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2015, 10:32:32 AM

Interesting article with a very surprising end (related to Bitcoin see last 2 paragraphs)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/comment/liamhalligan/10978178/The-dollars-70-year-dominance-is-coming-to-an-end.html

Te only end that will come to Dollar will be on the hands of Bitcoins.

Calm
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 05:44:10 PM

Interesting article with a very surprising end (related to Bitcoin see last 2 paragraphs)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/comment/liamhalligan/10978178/The-dollars-70-year-dominance-is-coming-to-an-end.html

To end the monopoly of USD, is like saying that US will not remain the most powerful nation of all. Whatever China and Russia do, they cannot run their economy just by doing business within themselves. They will always have to come to USD for improving their business relationships with other countries and to boost their economy.

If China and Russia where to ally with Japan, they could create an amazing force. Japan has all the hi tech these 2 countries are lagging behind for years. It's a very unlikely situation tho, I don't see Japan becoming a fundamental ally with any of those.

Japan has a very bad relation with China, which is very sad, since Japan has high tech and creativity, China has labour and resources.

If they would partner up strong, they could help eachouther our very very well.

Too bad this stupid rivalry is slowing down mankind.

It's the same rivalry that South Korea got with North Korea. If both joined forces they would become one of the leading powers in the world, but it's all a big ego fight that creates these rivalries and as we know the further they go separated thought time the biggest the gap it becomes to the point an alliance is just impossible. All rivalries of any kind are hindering human development.
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 07:48:52 PM

Any indicators this is happening?
GreenStox

Activity: 1148
Merit: 252

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 10:33:52 PM

It's the same rivalry that South Korea got with North Korea. If both joined forces they would become one of the leading powers in the world, but it's all a big ego fight that creates these rivalries and as we know the further they go separated thought time the biggest the gap it becomes to the point an alliance is just impossible. All rivalries of any kind are hindering human development.

No its not the same, by far, NK is a slave race, even if they would liberalize their country, they would remain sheep.

Communism makes people very gullible and sheep and drops the average IQ by 30 points, they already did irreversible mental damage to those poor people.

So they would not not have the creativity and courage required to build a strong free economy.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
mayflor2

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 02:45:11 PM

It's good to see usd melting against btc everyday.
I invest my usd in btc i know it will rise.

This is why most of us is here, hoping btc will replace dollar.
If the growth continues exponentially like in the last years, our dreams will come true.

Btc will not be replacing usd but creating its own position in the market, competing against dollar. Replacement requires acceptance, approval and shit load of restrictions. Usd is strong and it is a currency which enjoys monopoly, I don't think so it can just be replaced.

Amph
Legendary

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 02:55:23 PM

Any indicators this is happening?

pure speculation, and actually since this thread started dollar is stronger than before, so even wrong guessing we have here

if this will happen one day it won't be before many decade because something as strong as the usd, cannot collapse so easily and so quickly
oniromancia

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 03:50:09 PM

It's good to see usd melting against btc everyday.
I invest my usd in btc i know it will rise.

This is why most of us is here, hoping btc will replace dollar.
If the growth continues exponentially like in the last years, our dreams will come true.

Btc will not be replacing usd but creating its own position in the market, competing against dollar. Replacement requires acceptance, approval and shit load of restrictions. Usd is strong and it is a currency which enjoys monopoly, I don't think so it can just be replaced.

I think you are trying to be sarcastic, but if you look at history, you are inadvertently being literal. Whenever governments tank, or "infrastructure collapses", gold prices SOAR. Gold is one of the oldest currencies of man, and has been valued extremely highly through periods of order, and especially highly during periods of disorder. When confidence in fiat currency(and thus the government) wanes, the relative price of gold increases compared to said currency.
Miracal

Activity: 350

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 04:10:28 PM

Dollar is affiliated with lots of imports and exports, it has a strong position in the economy right now and its is pretty much indestructible in the moment. It is terrible to assume that it can be destroyed so quickly, and so easily.... But nothing is impossible Wink
Snorek
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 04:50:23 PM

Dollar is affiliated with lots of imports and exports, it has a strong position in the economy right now and its is pretty much indestructible in the moment. It is terrible to assume that it can be destroyed so quickly, and so easily.... But nothing is impossible Wink
The bigger the bubble, the longer it takes to collapse. The dollar has had a hundred years of global number 1 currenncy status. Even the final stage of a bubble this big could outlast a lifetime. 
Or it could collapse tomorrow due to a seemingly small event.
GreenStox

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 10:11:05 PM

The bigger the bubble, the longer it takes to collapse. The dollar has had a hundred years of global number 1 currenncy status. Even the final stage of a bubble this big could outlast a lifetime. 

I think the FED should buy some altcoins, it would help our investments alot. Perhaps bitcoins too, i would love to see 100000000% returns on my investment.

I dont understand why they buy stupid bonds that have no value Cheesy

💀|.
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
JarvisTechnology

View Profile
June 27, 2015, 06:46:34 AM

That's just pure speculation. If you were to estimate what happens to dollar in 70+ years, your estimate will be based on the assumption that things remain similar to the way they are right now, and you consider certain factors that are potentially gonna change over time.

But what about the zillion other factors that you have assumed to be the same? It's a pretty unfair speculation is all I'm trying to say.

Dollars are reserve currency for more than 50 years.The forces supporting dollar dominance are weakening. Technological change is undermining the dollar’s first-mover advantage. And,now China is making even faster progress than anticipated on renminbi internationalization but also points to challenges lying ahead.
https://deutscheawm.com

Miracal

View Profile
June 27, 2015, 07:34:37 AM

Yea I think the dollar and other fiat currencies have still got a long life ahead, though I think something like the dollar could collapse or lose a lot of its value eventually.

The Dollar has lost ~ 98% of it's value in a little over 100 years. If you consider the size of the USA debt, then "we" are in really serious trouble.

When are such 'debts' usually settled? The strongest country on Earth has the largest debt, and all that debt is mostly for the smoothness and creation of its efficient resources, the army, the defense system... If what makes it strong itself is making it weak, isn't that some shit?
HigsonPP

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 27, 2015, 08:11:23 AM

The value of dollar has depreciated A LOT in the past 100 years itself, so all the people defending that the dollar will never collapse are totally wrong. It will, definitely, and you will even be alive to watch it in crisis. The right moves and bitcoin might actually replace it. All bitcoin needs is supply and demand. Let's use it much more and grow it.

Mehek

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 27, 2015, 08:47:28 AM

The dollar could not be world reserve currency between tomorrow and whenever, so maybe one day.

As found on wikipedia, 'By the end of the 20th century, the United States dollar was considered the world's most dominant reserve currency, and the world's need for dollars has allowed the United States government as well as Americans to borrow at lower costs, granting them an advantage in excess of $100 billion per year.'

However, the U.S. dollar's status as a reserve currency, by increasing in value, hurts U.S. exporters!
dblink

Activity: 252

View Profile
June 27, 2015, 01:29:40 PM

Isn't it really a joke that Dollars are coming to an end, No way my nears and dears. Dollars owned by the United States of America and it will not fell down too cheaply to an end, this will lead to disaster impact on global market, US will squeeze the bones into sweats of global currency if they see any hazard coming closer to their Dollar currencies.

Erdogan
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 27, 2015, 01:42:00 PM

I think the FED should buy some altcoins, it would help our investments alot. Perhaps bitcoins too, i would love to see 100000000% returns on my investment.

I dont understand why they buy stupid bonds that have no value Cheesy

They do it to depress the interest rate, and to expand the money volume in the form of debt.
Erdogan
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 27, 2015, 01:47:00 PM

Yea I think the dollar and other fiat currencies have still got a long life ahead, though I think something like the dollar could collapse or lose a lot of its value eventually.

The Dollar has lost ~ 98% of it's value in a little over 100 years. If you consider the size of the USA debt, then "we" are in really serious trouble.

When are such 'debts' usually settled? The strongest country on Earth has the largest debt, and all that debt is mostly for the smoothness and creation of its efficient resources, the army, the defense system... If what makes it strong itself is making it weak, isn't that some shit?

It is not settled, the debt is continuously expanded. They 1) depress the interest rate 2) expand the money supply by continuously creating more debt 3) they sometimes expand the money supply directly with quantitative easing, and 4) they have a good run when they spend all the new money.
GreenStox

View Profile
June 28, 2015, 08:02:33 AM

How do you live what do you eat? How do you pay property tax? What about your internet and other expenses?

I`m sure you must hold atleast basic amounts of fiat.

Getting around fiat 100% is just not possible yet .

💀|.
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
Amph
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2015, 08:15:15 AM

How do you live what do you eat? How do you pay property tax? What about your internet and other expenses?

I`m sure you must hold atleast basic amounts of fiat.

Getting around fiat 100% is just not possible yet .

unless you still live under your parents, and they pay everything for you and you can pay for your thing, with crypto directly, it should work i guess

but there was a guy on bitcointalk (Edward his nick, i think?) that get rid of his card and he is using 100% bitcoin
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: