Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 05:39:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Dollar coming to an end  (Read 34915 times)
sergio

Activity: 313
Merit: 258

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2014, 09:29:32 AM

they've been saying this for ages now  Huh
Yeah, well... It's primed for a collapse. This isn't your standard fear mongering, this is legitimate. The entire economy believes it, and countries are preparing for a collapse of the USD.

yeah but when? thats the thing, we going on liket his for ages.

When someone else has better guns, then the backing of the dollar is lost, and its game over.
It will be a few decades.
If it is not BRICS then someone else it is a matter of time.

Of course the government could prevent that by stopping the printing presses, but they will not do that.
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
johny08
Legendary

Activity: 1045
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 11:02:34 AM

Interesting article and claims I think the guy isn't very intelligent though.

I don't see the dollar coming to an end for at least another 70+ years.  The claims the guy making are based on history which isn't a terrible thing to base it on.  But judging from 70 years ago today the world is a completely different place and anything related to money then holds little value to what we have today.

not the dollar. its dominance, because of the other strong currencies. its also not saying that its the end of the dollar
zedicus
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2014, 08:03:02 PM

Before dollar will come to an end, everyone will have died then, so it will not affect us.
This is the most naive comment I have ever seen.

If you would read a majority of the thread, you would have seen why the dollar will collapse BEFORE you are dead. It will affect you plenty.

Please, go read the thread.
What is in this thread is mostly speculation and generally not backed up by facts. It would be unprecedented for the dollar to fall from where it is now to "come to an end" in just one generation. The british pound is still a major currency several generations (~300 years) after it's empire collapsed. The greek economy flourished for a long time after it's empire collapsed.   
I would also highly doubt that the dollar will collapse for the very same reasons. I would hope that other currencies like bitcoin would become more commonly use in trade, potentially to levels that would eclipse other major currencies. However it is very difficult to make huge impacts on levels of currency trade.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
picolo

Activity: 1022
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 10:47:26 PM

Before dollar will come to an end, everyone will have died then, so it will not affect us.

If you would read a majority of the thread, you would have seen why the dollar will collapse BEFORE you are dead. It will affect you plenty.

What is in this thread is mostly speculation and generally not backed up by facts. It would be unprecedented for the dollar to fall from where it is now to "come to an end" in just one generation. The british pound is still a major currency several generations (~300 years) after it's empire collapsed. The greek economy flourished for a long time after it's empire collapsed.   
I would also highly doubt that the dollar will collapse for the very same reasons. I would hope that other currencies like bitcoin would become more commonly use in trade, potentially to levels that would eclipse other major currencies. However it is very difficult to make huge impacts on levels of currency trade.

It is not a question of if the Dollar will collapse but when because it can't not collapse; it could have been saved 20years ago and maybe 10years ago but now the collapse will happen no matter what
xkeyscore89

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 05:37:05 AM

It is not a question of if the Dollar will collapse but when because it can't not collapse; it could have been saved 20years ago and maybe 10years ago but now the collapse will happen no matter what
If this is true then it would likely take a very long time, longer then our grandchildren will likely be alive. The precursor for the dollar to collapse would be for the American empire to finish collapsing and even then it would take centuries for the dollar to collapse. However the American empire has really not even started to collapse as of yet.
zen2

Activity: 155

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 10:01:15 AM

Yeah, but it won't happen. No growth can be sustained forever! Also, I believe it's a tad delusional to think that bitcoin will actually replace the dollar. I guess it'll find it's place somewhere alongside regular FIAT currencies and the current banking system.
zedicus
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2014, 04:59:07 PM

Why do you say this? What is difference now then 20 or 10 years ago? If anything the dollar has become more widely used and stronger when compared to other currencies.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 06:09:04 PM

Why do you say this? What is difference now then 20 or 10 years ago? If anything the dollar has become more widely used and stronger when compared to other currencies.

Yeah, but the buying power of a dollar has decreased insanely:

Its that much more insane that bitcoin doesnt have more support from those searching for ideal store of value.
zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 09:23:32 PM

Yeah, but it won't happen. No growth can be sustained forever! Also, I believe it's a tad delusional to think that bitcoin will actually replace the dollar. I guess it'll find it's place somewhere alongside regular FIAT currencies and the current banking system.

Whenever a major currency/economy collapses this will be the first time an acceptable alternative has presented itself. Trust in fiat will be low once the dollar or other major currency falls, I'm pretty sure bitcoin will see a huge boost when this happens. It may not become the official currency but it will still become a major currency that you would not really want to be without.
KarmaShark

Activity: 615
Merit: 554

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 10:07:10 PM

It will take some time yet before the US Dollar comes to an end. What we are witnessing right now with the BRICS movement is the official "The Good Days are Over" swan song being played by the orchestra. How the US reacts to this inevitability is what interests me the most right now.
blumangroup

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

'Slow and steady wins the race'

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 12:32:27 AM

Currently, the dollar is simply too big to fail. It's an interesting article though, for sure!

cloudthink.io   

Truly Profitable Investment Packages
Custom-Built ASIC Miners ● #1 Self-Sustainable Bitcoin Mining Service in the World ●
pungopete468

Activity: 1470
Merit: 504

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 07:03:54 AM

Currently, the dollar is simply too big to fail. It's an interesting article though, for sure!

Who can bail out the dollar? Too big to fail means it will be bailed out in the event of a failure; so who would bail the dollar out?

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
catlinhappy

Activity: 126

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 08:34:58 AM

Dollar dominance is actually been affected by the strong economic booming from the eastern countries like china. This people are also thinking of doing international businesses with their local currencies because people all over the world now patronizes their manufactured products.

MightyBTC

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 04:28:39 PM

How come dollar would come to an end?Either dollar come to and end or not stupidity must come to an end
negafen

Activity: 218
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2014, 04:36:26 PM

Coming to an end is overly exaggerated.

Losing the reserve currency status and a large portion of the value are not the end of the world.

In fact, it will help US to start fresh rather than keep defending the empire which will eventually fall apart. British Empire, was actually smart to let countries become independent as the cost of managing them outweigh the economic benefit.
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 04:43:47 PM

Just as rome could and would never ever fail..

They started shrinking their borders...  letting lands they controlled go..  

Russia and the BRICs no longer are under any sort of ecom control from Merica and friends.

Iran is starting to bypass the USD, the US did not invade.

They have completely lost control of Iraq.

They could not pressure Ukraine into their bidding.

Their out skirts are crumbling...
realdope

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 11:55:10 AM

I hope it fucking crashes for all i care. This shits disguting.
waterpile

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 12:55:43 PM

This is more worst than the end of the world prediction. such an unrealistic idea
exocytosis

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 02:13:21 PM

The USD will still be in circulation long after BTC has dropped to twenty cents.
mustang77

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 03:38:24 PM

The USD will still be in circulation long after BTC has dropped to twenty cents.

Check this delusional man right there.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: