Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 05:11:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Dollar coming to an end  (Read 34915 times)
troisky

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 04:27:21 PM

they've been saying this for ages now  Huh
Yeah, well... It's primed for a collapse. This isn't your standard fear mongering, this is legitimate. The entire economy believes it, and countries are preparing for a collapse of the USD.

yeah but when? thats the thing, we going on liket his for ages.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 04:29:28 PM

Yeah, well... It's primed for a collapse. This isn't your standard fear mongering, this is legitimate. The entire economy believes it, and countries are preparing for a collapse of the USD.

Max 20 years.

The gravy train is primed to end, and China isn't happy with the USD. Plus, BRICs is launching soon...
polynesia
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 01:26:23 AM

Max 20 years.

The gravy train is primed to end, and China isn't happy with the USD. Plus, BRICs is launching soon...

So the US politicians have 20 years to correct this situation.
Reasonable time to prevent a crisis, I would say
pungopete468

Activity: 1470
Merit: 504

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 02:50:42 AM

It's not going to be an easy 20 years and it will become increasingly difficult as time goes on...

The death of the dollar is would only bad for the USA if it weren't for the fact that many other world powers have adopted the same nonsense. World economies are bound by a form of "natural selection" where the strong survive and the weak perish...

Fiat is like a plague, and the powers of the world voluntarily infected themselves. Now it's up to nature to do what nature does...

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
polynesia
Legendary

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 11:31:34 AM

It's not going to be an easy 20 years and it will become increasingly difficult as time goes on...

The death of the dollar is would only bad for the USA if it weren't for the fact that many other world powers have adopted the same nonsense. World economies are bound by a form of "natural selection" where the strong survive and the weak perish...

Fiat is like a plague, and the powers of the world voluntarily infected themselves. Now it's up to nature to do what nature does...

Yes, the other world powers have adopted it. Once a barrel of oil stops being denominated in USD, I guess you could say the dollar's hegemony is over.
picolo

Activity: 1022
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 12:07:38 PM

The desmiss of the Dollar will be great for other countries and other currencies because they will not have to pay the price of the US Dollar being the reserve currency; the US will not accept the end of the egemony of the Dollar easily : wars, manipulations and lies will be out but let's hope it won't end up in a nuclear war
abora

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 12:30:24 PM

Really captivating write up but the Dollar isn't depreciating that fast.

Yakamoto
Legendary

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 03:01:28 PM

no body in the world can makes dollar collaps all country real money its dollar and gold .
not will effect anything .
Wtf is this...

Yeah, if you live in the United States, and are using the USD as your main currency, or are on welfare/foodstamps/whatever, the dollar collapsing would be a massive and shock to the populace, as the value with plummet, prices would go up, and most of the world economy would be screwed.

China has gold, US has little. Fort Nox isn't loaded like it once was, it's pretty empty now.

"Real" money, according to your government, is the paper money. Gold has no place as real money, according to gov'ts. It's just a means of taxation and storing value.

The dollar collapsing will affect everything, especially people with a minimal education.

Spelling will be a valued trait in the future, especially in America. Judging by the education system, it will continue to be valuable for many years.
polynesia
Legendary

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 12:16:04 AM

no body in the world can makes dollar collaps all country real money its dollar and gold .
not will effect anything .
Wtf is this...

Yeah, if you live in the United States, and are using the USD as your main currency, or are on welfare/foodstamps/whatever, the dollar collapsing would be a massive and shock to the populace, as the value with plummet, prices would go up, and most of the world economy would be screwed.

China has gold, US has little. Fort Nox isn't loaded like it once was, it's pretty empty now.

"Real" money, according to your government, is the paper money. Gold has no place as real money, according to gov'ts. It's just a means of taxation and storing value.

The dollar collapsing will affect everything, especially people with a minimal education.

Spelling will be a valued trait in the future, especially in America. Judging by the education system, it will continue to be valuable for many years.

The dollar collapsing will force the US to correct its trade deficit.
In the long run, that is probably good for the world. Cheesy
Baitty

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

Currently held as collateral by monbux

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 01:41:17 AM

That's the real question I don't think anyone would be able to predict the end of USD and I don't think it's going to be for many many years.

Currently held as collateral by monbux
Mobius

Activity: 988

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 08:22:16 PM

That's the real question I don't think anyone would be able to predict the end of USD and I don't think it's going to be for many many years.
The dollar will not come to an end until long after the US empire comes to an end. Look at England for example; their empire collapsed hundreds of years ago and the British Pound is still very strong and widely used, in fact it is still a major currency.
Yakamoto
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 07:38:20 PM

Before dollar will come to an end, everyone will have died then, so it will not affect us.
This is the most naive comment I have ever seen.

If you would read a majority of the thread, you would have seen why the dollar will collapse BEFORE you are dead. It will affect you plenty.

Please, go read the thread.
leex1528

Activity: 784

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 07:40:37 PM

If you would read a majority of the thread, you would have seen why the dollar will collapse BEFORE you are dead. It will affect you plenty.

The thread has been entire speculation...how is him saying it from a different view point of yours making him naive? 

I am not supporting his case I just don't see in how seeing a different side other than you is "naive"
Yakamoto
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 07:46:08 PM

The thread has been entire speculation...how is him saying it from a different view point of yours making him naive? 

I am not supporting his case I just don't see in how seeing a different side other than you is "naive"
I mean his statement about how everyone will be dead, and it won't affect us. That is the naive part I am referring to.

Even if it is speculation, that's like someone saying "A meteorite will be crashing into the earth soon, but we'll all be dead by then, so it wont affect us."

I will agree, however, that a majority of the thread is speculation. However, posts like that are just "I'll make a post here..." and they don't have any explanation as to why they think that way.
leex1528

Activity: 784

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 09:28:20 PM

I mean his statement about how everyone will be dead, and it won't affect us. That is the naive part I am referring to.

Even if it is speculation, that's like someone saying "A meteorite will be crashing into the earth soon, but we'll all be dead by then, so it wont affect us."

I will agree, however, that a majority of the thread is speculation. However, posts like that are just "I'll make a post here..." and they don't have any explanation as to why they think that way.

hmm....Isn't that the point of the forum to make a post if you agree/disagree with something?  To have a chat about what you think is right/wrong and to discuss ideas? 

I guess with your example if someone made a topic of "When will a meteorite crash into earth" and someone posted"It doesn't matter we would be dead anyway"

I would say that is a relevant post because it pertains to the topic...he could have maybe gone into more detail about why he thinks that but still...
GangkisKhan

Activity: 141

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 11:08:21 PM

Dollar value will go down, no doubt. Saying it will end is over exaggerated.

UK lose its empire a hundred years ago and pound is still around.
bitllionaire
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 11:58:12 PM

dollar will not die in the short term
it is a really valued currency,and the most important is that USA will not let it go down
Keyara

Activity: 174

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 02:43:48 AM

The reason bitcoin has value is because of the network effect.

USD has even greater network effect than bitcoin. Saying it will come to an end is just brainless.
Fray

Activity: 209

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 03:11:52 AM

Before dollar will come to an end, everyone will have died then, so it will not affect us.

What is in this thread is mostly speculation and generally not backed up by facts. It would be unprecedented for the dollar to fall from where it is now to "come to an end" in just one generation. The british pound is still a major currency several generations (~300 years) after it's empire collapsed. The greek economy flourished for a long time after it's empire collapsed.   
sergio

Activity: 313
Merit: 258

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2014, 09:26:44 AM

Interesting article with a very surprising end (related to Bitcoin see last 2 paragraphs)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/comment/liamhalligan/10978178/The-dollars-70-year-dominance-is-coming-to-an-end.html

I think the dollar is coming to an end very slowly, it will take some more money printing and the government is doing a really good job at killing the dollar.

I think the dollar may have a few more decades to go, the thing with the dollar is that it is not based on market economics if it was it would already be dead, it is based on guns and oil, and thats the real reason the Dollar has survived for so long.

In future oil prices are going to skyrocket and that will put a dent in the dollar, and then if not BRICS someone else will step up with the guns to challenge the dollar.
As oil skyrockets expect a few more wars, as more wars take place the dollar get inflated to fund those wars, as the dollars gets inflated there will be incentives to get out of the dollar, but the dollar is backed by guns so no one gets out, until someone has better guns and then its game over.

A true economy can not be backed by guns, and soon as someone else has better guns the economy collapses.

When this happens expect Bitcoin to be over $10k, but it is going to get very ugly when the dollar collapses.

The reason the Zimbabwe dollar collapsed is that they did not have the guns or oil, only the printing presses.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: