Bitcoin Forum
July 03, 2024, 12:15:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Dollar coming to an end  (Read 34922 times)
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
February 18, 2015, 04:45:26 PM

Sorry, but i have heard plenty of people for years going on about "the end of the dollar", hasn't happened yet, and i still cannot see it happening at all.

MEPH
It will happen tho, but the EUR must go down first.
neurotypical

Activity: 672
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 18, 2015, 10:55:00 PM

Sorry, but i have heard plenty of people for years going on about "the end of the dollar", hasn't happened yet, and i still cannot see it happening at all.

MEPH
It will happen tho, but the EUR must go down first.

EUR is solid for now... at least until 28 February when Greece must take a decision.
DLCseller

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

( -_・)ノ-=≡[$(∞)$]

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 12:04:22 AM

Its just dollar not all fiat
Trader Galactic LLC

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 02:26:30 AM

Not true.

The euro is in much bigger trouble than the dollar.   The yen is also on the brink of collapse and the Yuan is being held up by massive govt spending which much of it is [abnormally] being spent on real estate development.

So the dollar is actually the stronger of all paper fiat but it is also near death.

All paper fiat are gonna collapse and die soon.

And what a coincidence, a fully trackable global crypto currency is ready to just take over. 

Bitcoin is gonna blow up on an unimaginable way later this year after the ETF goes green.  Buy and hold and don't sell for a measly $10,000 per BTC.
DLCseller

( -_・)ノ-=≡[$(∞)$]

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 02:40:36 AM

Not true.

The euro is in much bigger trouble than the dollar.   The yen is also on the brink of collapse and the Yuan is being held up by massive govt spending which much of it is [abnormally] being spent on real estate development.

So the dollar is actually the stronger of all paper fiat but it is also near death.

All paper fiat are gonna collapse and die soon.

And what a coincidence, a fully trackable global crypto currency is ready to just take over. 

Bitcoin is gonna blow up on an unimaginable way later this year after the ETF goes green.  Buy and hold and don't sell for a measly $10,000 per BTC.

How about Malaysian Ringgit, Indonesian Rupiah, Indian Rupee and others?
Are they collapsing too?
Trader Galactic LLC

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 02:47:57 AM

Are they collapsing too?

We live on a globalized economy now.  If you look at Ukraine, Russia, Egypt, Argentina, Europe, etc., America's [inflationary] monetary policy is directly having catastrophic effects on all of those countries' economies and currencies.

So yes, India et al will not be able to keep up with the US, they cannot borrow their way out like the US so therefore, their currencies will be much more quickly destroyed via extreme inflationary [excess printing] policy.

This is very good news for gold, silver and especially Bitcoin (and crypto) as there will be very limited places for billions of people to put their earnings and cash savings.

This is why the Bitcoin ETF will open the floodgates for trillions to dollars to come into Bitcoin and crypto.  And it should all start this year and it should blow up very very fast.
DLCseller

( -_・)ノ-=≡[$(∞)$]

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 02:53:42 AM

Are they collapsing too?

We live on a globalized economy now.  If you look at Ukraine, Russia, Egypt, Argentina, Europe, etc., America's [inflationary] monetary policy is directly having catastrophic effects on all of those countries' economies and currencies.

So yes, India et al will not be able to keep up with the US, they cannot borrow their way out like the US so therefore, their currencies will be much more quickly destroyed via extreme inflationary [excess printing] policy.

This is very good news for gold, silver and especially Bitcoin (and crypto) as there will be very limited places for billions of people to put their earnings and cash savings.

This is why the Bitcoin ETF will open the floodgates for trillions to dollars to come into Bitcoin and crypto.  And it should all start this year and it should blow up very very fast.

So....theres a big chance that the world will starting using cryptocurrency instead of paper money?
Oh yea, thats what I called the future.
Trader Galactic LLC

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 03:05:26 AM

So....theres a big chance that the world will starting using cryptocurrency instead of paper money?

That's an absolute guarantee.  What country wouldn't want a fully traceable and traceable currency they can use to totally control the masses while not having to print and distribute real paper money?

Crypto money and especially the tracking abilities of the blockchain are a wet dream of any government, bank or corporation.  

So there is no doubt the planet will switch to crypto money it's just a question of how long it will take and which currency will be the global one.  
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 07:12:22 AM

That's an absolute guarantee.  What country wouldn't want a fully traceable and traceable currency they can use to totally control the masses while not having to print and distribute real paper money?

Crypto money and especially the tracking abilities of the blockchain are a wet dream of any government, bank or corporation.  

So there is no doubt the planet will switch to crypto money it's just a question of how long it will take and which currency will be the global one.  

I think this is a trap for the government and a double-win for the people:

1.) the freedom of economic transaction (bitcoin delivers that, it's censorship-resistant) is important to protect against opressive government or other entities trying to control the flow of money (take the wikileaks blockade as a prominent example)

2.) the use of sound money (especially via the inelastic money supply) forces fiscal prudence on governments. Spending has to be financed by taxes. The use of sound money also has positive effects on the economy because it will greatly reduce misallocations of capital (bailouts and other capital mis-injections) and plundering of the unsuspecting population ("hidden inflation tax")

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
picolo

Activity: 1022
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 09:56:29 AM

1.) the freedom of economic transaction (bitcoin delivers that, it's censorship-resistant) is important to protect against opressive government or other entities trying to control the flow of money (take the wikileaks blockade as a prominent example)

2.) the use of sound money (especially via the inelastic money supply) forces fiscal prudence on governments. Spending has to be financed by taxes. The use of sound money also has positive effects on the economy because it will greatly reduce misallocations of capital (bailouts and other capital mis-injections) and plundering of the unsuspecting population ("hidden inflation tax")

The People need to take the governement accountable for useless expenses and going into debt with the children and unborn accountable.

Investing in infrastructures or eduction can be bad if it is badly done and they spent too much. Most people will still be in favor of any money pour to education.
okthen

Activity: 490

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 11:04:02 AM

I agree that crypto actually gives the ability to supervise transactions, etc., but I think bitcoin won't be the one (in a scenario where global adoption is reached through governments) simply because you cannot print more of it - as it has been done with fiat for the past decades.
picolo

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 04:49:08 PM

MEPH

It will happen because you cannot create that many dollars in a world that is naturally looking for other world currenceis without the value of each dollar going down a lot.
picolo

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 04:49:42 PM

I agree that crypto actually gives the ability to supervise transactions, etc., but I think bitcoin won't be the one (in a scenario where global adoption is reached through governments) simply because you cannot print more of it - as it has been done with fiat for the past decades.

The fact you cannot print bitcoins is a good aspect of bitcoin. You can divide it all you want.
billyjoeallen
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1007

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2015, 05:07:12 PM

In the world of fiat currency, the USD is the leper with the most toes. It gets stronger in times of world financial crises because it is safer than other fiat currencies by virtue of being the world reserve currency. It may indeed end up in hyperinflation, but not until many many years of watching other currencies fail first.

Even with near zero interest rates, the dollar strengthens when credit contracts. Money is lent into existence so when banks stop making new loans, the money multiplier runs in reverse because the existing loans are still being serviced (paid back). Without central bank intervention (quantitative easing), eventually this leads to collapse because there is not enough money in existence to pay back all outstanding loans.

One of these two outcomes is inevitable eventually. Death by fire or ice. But because the central banks can create new money at will, fire (hyperinflation) is the more likely outcome- However the US central bank (Federal Reserve) can postpone that longer than any other central bank. All they have to do is keep the inflation rate lower than the other major world currencies, import everything the U.S, used to manufacture, and find somebody else to blame.

insert coin here:
Dash XfXZL8WL18zzNhaAqWqEziX2bUvyJbrC8s

1Ctd7Na8qE7btyueEshAJF5C7ZqFWH11Wc
Erdogan
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 05:10:22 PM

but... since dollar is de facto the most owned by other central banks, those banks leaving the dollar could make a difference. Maybe... the dollar is the first (of the big fiats) to go.

NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 06:05:05 PM

I hate to interrupt your learned discussion but was it one lump or two?

ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 06:51:01 PM

but... since dollar is de facto the most owned by other central banks, those banks leaving the dollar could make a difference. Maybe... the dollar is the first (of the big fiats) to go.

There is zero chance of dollar ever going away, it will however continue to do what it does best, and that is loose the purchasing power over the years.
It comes to me as a great surprice, however , that dollar actualy progressed in comprarison to euro in the last year or so, and quite greatly actually.

cheers
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 07:45:38 PM

There is zero chance of dollar ever going away, it will however continue to do what it does best, and that is loose the purchasing power over the years.
It comes to me as a great surprice, however , that dollar actualy progressed in comprarison to euro in the last year or so, and quite greatly actually.

cheers

All fiats have failed after their cycle is over. I dont see why dollar has to be immortal.
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 07:49:55 PM

The People need to take the governement accountable for useless expenses and going into debt with the children and unborn accountable.

That doesn't sound like a feasable strategy. Governments are corrupted and they have monopoly on force. It doesn't look like governments are listening to their people much or have the goal to act in the peoples interest, either. It looks more like they're trying to control the people.

I think using crypto (not only -currency, but other applications like encryption) is a much more feasable and peaceful strategy. You don't end a system by attacking it, but by building and using better ones.

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 08:14:16 PM

All fiats cryptos have failed after their cycle is over a few weeks. I dont see why dollar Bitcoin has to be immortal.

Bitcoin's what, six years old?  And you're talking about mortality?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: