Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 02:22:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ETH] Ethereum = Scam  (Read 60138 times)
tsoPANos

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

In math we trust.

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 11:04:19 PM

Heads Up!
Look at what I found!
Some people are mass buying.
The address https://blockchain.info/address/1LakAV4yfUQKQXjEsHc4ZvgCYcByNWiZVx
Mass-sends bitcoins to clean addresses and then these addresses point to
https://blockchain.info/address/36PrZ1KHYMpqSyAQXSG8VwbUiq2EogxLo2
which is the Ether IPO address!

Example
https://blockchain.info/address/17zY66R4f2f8bWfYDFFTXVVDkqbeyBXENJ

Google the address points to some Jewish articles but I can't understand anything even with goole translate!
http://kalkala-amitit.blogspot.gr/2014/02/blog-post_4233.html

The address https://blockchain.info/address/1LakAV4yfUQKQXjEsHc4ZvgCYcByNWiZVx has had 1,171.18757667 bitcoins pass through it! Either it's a whale's address, or an exchange's address.
It is surely not an exchange address as exchanges don't tend to make dozens of 1 btc transactions to some clean middle addresses all of wich send the funds to the ether ipo address!
Obviously the guy behind this took measures to enhance his privacy.
Also update:
I found a link of the adresses 1J7uE9XM5KE6XYn9e9YXRprc1Yz1gJH5yD
and the ether IPO address, but there are about 30 or more txs linking them.
It was a pain is the ass finding this as the owner made a chain of txs.
The whole thing looks really interesting though.
I will continue my investigation tommorow.
Hopefully I will end up with a scam address Tongue

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2014, 12:20:50 AM

http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/news/breaking-mt-gox-maidsafe-gox-coins-flowing-maidsafe-ipo/2014/04/24

You assume that the media cared about MtGox that much.  They only cared about FUDing bitcoin.

That's actually a good sign! It says there's still a lot of skepticism about Bitcoin. If you look deep into the history of the early Internet, you'll find a lot of scoffers that - as of now - are good Internauts just like us. If you dug some of those scoffers up - this is important - you'd find that the same people shrugged off their earlier words in the usual way or actually resent you for reminding them of their earlier words!

This is very true of people who sound like Winston Churchill saying "never, never, never" about an asset class. I'm not kidding. Back in 1949, the man-on-the-street opinion about the stock market was that it was a buncha crooks who were too slick and rich to be hauled off to the paddy wagon like they should. And yet, 1949 was the start of a huge long-term bull market in stocks. Fifteen years later, the same people who cussed out "Wall Street" were buying in to "The People's Capitalism." Stocks became fashionable again at about the same time the miniskirt did. Unfortunately, but not unusually, 1966 was the year the bull market ran out of steam. But the fix was in. Long, long gone were the dark days when the entire volume of the New York Stock Exchange was sometimes less than one million shares in a day. Long gone were the days when the exchange traders, then confined to physically trading with each other on the NYSE trading-room "floor," would stop every now and then to throw a ball around because there was nothing to do.

That time, a time when Wall Street was little more than a fringe numbers-wise and mostly regarded as a bunch of well-heeled crooks, was the time to get into stocks. And the time when stocks were hip in the Mad-Men-esque circuits - well, that was the time to pull back.

Case in point 2: gold. When gold rocketed up to $200 in 1974, the manstream financial press overwhelmingly treated the goldbugs as either a bunch of weirdos - actually, the way they were portrayed was a lot like the current stereotype of preppers - or as hucksterish "Profits of Doom." That was the quasi-MSM portrayal of gold bulls in 1974.

But at the tail end of the 1970s, when gold was approaching its bubble peak of $850, a fully MSM magazine - I think it was TIME - put gold on its cover...as a gold bar with a rocket engine propelling it upwards.

That cover is actually legendary in the contrarian-investor circuit, as exhibit A, B or C for the time to sell out. "You see this kind of press job for your asset, you liquidate pronto and take a nice long vacation!"

Obviously, the current MSM coverage of Bitcoin is uncannily like the financial press' coverage of gold in 1974. We're not portrayed as half-crazed "survivalists," true, but the huckster-and-crook stereotype is quite the norm.

That says to me that Bitcoin is fine and that the long-term bull trend for cryptos is intact. The many people who swear up and down that Bitcoin is nothing but a scam...five years from now, many of them will be using cryptos.

And some of the touchier ones will resent being presented with their earlier words! "Oh, what the hell - people say things like that all the time! What are you, some kind of NSA auditor!?" 

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

adam3us

Activity: 404
Merit: 359

in bitcoin we trust

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2014, 09:51:07 PM

I think it's pretty suspicious that they already claim to have sold >10 million ether, which is thousands of BTC worth. That number could easily be manipulated to drive hype.

It did not occur to me but someone told me they suspected this happened with mastercoin: they may buy their own alt coins for their own bitcoin.

Consider: if they own bitcoin they can buy their own ethers/foocoins/whatevers and to them its not a loss because they get their own bitcoins back.

So if it helps prime a pump & give the illusion of demand, yes they really could be doing that.  Maybe they are, I'd say thats unethical but then so is the whole thing IMO; and if it was happening it might not be widely known even amongst the ethereum "team" of paid advisors etc.  Presumably that might even be illegal in terms of stock or asset price manipulation, IPO manipulation etc.

Clearly its being heavily marketed by 2nd or 3rd generation repeat pump & dumpers and quite a bit of effort went into marketing.  (Ex bitshares guy Charles Hoskinson is the ethereum CEO, some ex mastercoin people etc).

The maidsafe thing and its relationship to mastercoin dump was pretty dodgy also IMO.

Adam

hashcash, committed transactions, homomorphic values, blind kdf; researching decentralization, scalability and fungibility/anonymity
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 12:06:18 AM

@adam3us
i think that happens non stop 24/7
i don't trust any of these guys what so ever !

why in gods name would any of you out there trust these guys ?
notice how they proclaim XYZ coin to be the greatest thing ever then eventually get quiet and wander off ? (pushing a new coin)
so why bother ? and why bother believing their bullshit ?

you can buy URO coin but what are the idiot bag holders going to do when some guy makes a better (who gives a fuck what it's name is) coin with anon features soon ?

one big game to get your bitcoin to cash out to fiat so they can buy a lambo.. that is all 99% of this crap is about.
and the suckers they fool into getting on board are partly naive and partly playing stupid.. lying to themselves (money does that)

what kind of moron does not notice 1,000 coins come out and keeps thinking each new one is "the one" ?
i feel sorry for big bag holders lol

things are only going to get worse.. WAY worse !
we have seen nothing yet.. the altcoins prices crashing is going to pick up more and more momentum and that is gonna cause more dumping
and it will snow ball the worse it gets ..the worse its gonna get more and more.. panic frenzy to the door.. coming soon LOL
it's already started.. there is only a small amount of people left hanging around.

i've waited for this time too.. Back in January when i said something about Doge and the scene in general and how i predicted exactly how it is now
my comment would be gone in a second.. buried by delusional idiots and brats.. many of which sold their gpu's and ran for it long ago !
and all those mouthy pricks got it coming if they didn't cash out and leave already and i juuuuuust can't wait too see them get whats coming to them.
i took so much bloody abuse only to have the scene all over mimic me now a days copying what i have said word for word all over..
but where were these guys before ? Supporting shit / scam / clone / coins / ipo's etc that's where !

I wanna see all these fuckers drown in their greedy stupidity !

I will be nourished from their tears  Tongue

I waited a long time for all this and i will get popcorn and kick back and laugh  Cool

FUD first & ask questions later™
slaveforanunnak1

Activity: 743
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 10:15:25 PM

This is perfect natural selection. If it fails, we get rid of the idiots in our community who arent wise with their money.

and if it doesn't?
DannyElfman

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 10:20:52 PM

Lots of hype + enourmous pump + many gullible people = "successful" ethereum launch..

This spot for rent.
slaveforanunnak1

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 10:20:58 PM

Heads Up!
Look at what I found!
Some people are mass buying.
The address https://blockchain.info/address/1LakAV4yfUQKQXjEsHc4ZvgCYcByNWiZVx
Mass-sends bitcoins to clean addresses and then these addresses point to
https://blockchain.info/address/36PrZ1KHYMpqSyAQXSG8VwbUiq2EogxLo2
which is the Ether IPO address!

Example
https://blockchain.info/address/17zY66R4f2f8bWfYDFFTXVVDkqbeyBXENJ

Google the address points to some Jewish articles but I can't understand anything even with goole translate!

http://kalkala-amitit.blogspot.gr/2014/02/blog-post_4233.html

Do it yourself - a course on establishing an alternative currency systems will open this week in Tel Aviv

The first course of its kind will open this week in Tel Aviv where you will learn about what funds, alternative currency system and how to create the same systems.

We're talking a lot about serious problems in the economy. Especially on the basis of the problems he sends money through manufacturing arms like an octopus to all other areas of our lives and our way of life. Change requested discussed here many times and is changing through the production of money (monetary change.) Change at the national level requires a shift of consciousness deeply about the existing system. We have been the course of this change. But for complementary currency systems and of digital, these are up to you. Today there are over 4,000 such systems around the world set up by civilians and was conducted outside the banking system oppressing. At least two of those got in the country. Anyone who wants to understand who are these systems, how they are structured and how to set up and manage a successful exchange systems - so here's got a great initiative of two entrepreneurs began this week (Wednesday) will hold a workshop of four meetings on that very subject. Alternative payment in the conference (abundance or Bitcoin) course. Applicants can receive 60 abundance with registration.

Favor the brave who succumbed to the peer pressure and opened an account on the social network, here is the order of the page Hfisbok of the event:

Has it every week we hear about a new currency established: It started Bitcoin, Liitkwein, even Knyahuustkwein world
Time they get up country currencies with names like hearts and abundance.

We live in a monetary Renaissance - the very idea of money getting renewed attention and people struggling with questions like what is the best method of money for human society, and how does one live in a world with so many coins? ...

The course will first encounter the question - what exactly is money, which rep through Barataria, economic legend from the 19th century tells the story of the survivors of a sinking ship that came to the island and experience different types of coins:
Share'' a nuts and even feces, and what can we learn from the various types of money.

The course, sprawling across four sessions, transfer Ophir Avigad, social entrepreneur and co - founder of O-Share happiness, an Israeli social currency, and Shift ↑ Shift, a consultancy and innovation. And Eran Hajjaj, founder of Pegasus Smart Trading, former CTO of IDI and strategy consultant Lstartfim.

The course will be held four consecutive Wednesdays from 12.2
You can reach each session separately and an entry fee of:
30 Abundance ~ http://bit.ly/1b0k6AP
And you can pay all together 100 Abundance Course ~ http://bit.ly/1maqtmT
Or pay an amount equal to 30/100 that'' The Bitcoin address
1LakAV4yfUQKQXjEsHc4ZvgCYcByNWiZVx

Register and Join receiving gift ~ 60 abundant happiness:
http://O-Share.org

Place of the course: Mazeh 9, Tel Aviv

slaveforanunnak1

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 10:35:44 PM

@adam3us

notice how they proclaim XYZ coin to be the greatest thing ever then eventually get quiet and wander off ? (pushing a new coin)

you can buy URO coin but what are the idiot bag holders going to do when some guy makes a better (who gives a fuck what it's name is) coin with anon features soon ?

one big game to get your bitcoin to cash out to fiat so they can buy a lambo.. that is all 99% of this crap is about.
and the suckers they fool into getting on board are partly naive and partly playing stupid.. lying to themselves (money does that)

what kind of moron does not notice 1,000 coins come out and keeps thinking each new one is "the one" ?

we have seen nothing yet.. the altcoins prices crashing is going to pick up more and more momentum and that is gonna cause more dumping
and it will snow ball the worse it gets ..the worse its gonna get more and more.. panic frenzy to the door.. coming soon LOL
it's already started.. there is only a small amount of people left hanging around.

i've waited for this time too.. Back in January when i said something about Doge and the scene in general and how i predicted exactly how it is now
my comment would be gone in a second.. buried by delusional idiots and brats.. many of which sold their gpu's and ran for it long ago !
and all those mouthy pricks got it coming if they didn't cash out and leave already and i juuuuuust can't wait too see them get whats coming to them.
i took so much bloody abuse only to have the scene all over mimic me now a days copying what i have said word for word all over..
but where were these guys before ? Supporting shit / scam / clone / coins / ipo's etc that's where !

I waited a long time for all this and i will get popcorn and kick back and laugh  Cool

stop calling it a coin!!! FFS!
show me a coin that came out with a built in programing language???
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 11:33:24 PM

It's another Mastercoin.  People invested huugeeee money into that and would had saw more ROI had they invested into Doge or NXT.  Ethereum is $12 million and there's no guarantee (after it stabilizes after the initial hype buy at launch) it'll go above $80 million.  Sure you might say that is a 7x return but many early crypto currencies bring way more ROI than that.

Ethereum language is a liability.  It took a decade plus to get all the bugs in Java and C++ worked out and to educate a generation of developers to program in that language.  Ethereum only has Vitalik who can program in his own language and Vitalik is likely to jump ship when Ethereum launches to resume his studies at UoT or he'll be taking an early retirement due to the millions he'll be pocketing.  That means you're stuck with a coin which has no competent language programmers and nothing much happening at the Ethereum HQ since 2-3 developers isn't enough to do things like bring in the sort of features you see in a coin like NxT.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
Crestington
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1024

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 12:23:26 AM

@adam3us

Ethereum reminds me of the Facebook IPO where it was ridiculously overpriced, Morgan Stanley had their algorithmic trading bots stabilizing price until they dumped all their pre-bought shares. People were screaming about how overvalued it was but still people bought at twice the price they could have gotten shares for if they had waited 6 months. I wouldn't call Ethereum a scam but it is very overvalued so it would be wise not to invest in the IPO, especially since it hasn't even been released.

It should be more important that it starts with little value and gains over time than a large amount of value, crashes and price and burns a lot of people.
Benjig

Activity: 462

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 12:39:03 AM

So spoetnik, im seeing you have created several topics with the common subject of stating something is bad or scam, like the dogecoin and this one, man, seriously, if you did lose money trading or joining ipos thats nothing we can do about it! posting this topics will not help, if you think what you say its fine, put it on practice, but dont think thats the truth.
I have seen many people taking huge profit from ipos, even when they are later found to be scams, same with alt currencies, its just a game of knowing when to enter and when to be out... if you dont like to lose so all this is not for you, money scared doesnt make money.
DannyElfman

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 12:41:14 AM

So spoetnik, im seeing you have created several topics with the common subject of stating something is bad or scam, like the dogecoin and this one, man, seriously, if you did lose money trading or joining ipos thats nothing we can do about it! posting this topics will not help, if you think what you say its fine, put it on practice, but dont think thats the truth.
I have seen many people taking huge profit from ipos, even when they are later found to be scams, same with alt currencies, its just a game of knowing when to enter and when to be out... if you dont like to lose so all this is not for you, money scared doesnt make money.

It is actually purely selfish agenda and he is invested in those coins and doesn't want anyone else to water down his investment.
/s

This spot for rent.
BittBurger

Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 12:47:56 AM

A scam?

That has generated $13 million in investments in the last two weeks.

And $3 million in the last 24 hours alone.

Hmm.

Owner: "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
View it on the Blockchain | Genesis Block Newspaper Copies
DannyElfman

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 12:49:45 AM

A scam?

Hmm.

How exactly would the amount of investments contradict the accusation of a scam?

Was MTgox no scam because half a billion was stolen?

This spot for rent.
Benjig

Activity: 462

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 12:51:07 AM

The most interesting of this ipo is that it can be a whale fight, with ether not capped, if a whale wants 5% of all ether, he buys it, but days later he will see that hes not holding 5% anymore due to recent purchases, so he will buy more, and this can continue several times. Or maybe in the last hours there will be huge purchases.

how much ether do you think it will be sold?
DannyElfman

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 01:09:03 AM

The most interesting of this ipo is that it can be a whale fight, with ether not capped, if a whale wants 5% of all ether, he buys it, but days later he will see that hes not holding 5% anymore due to recent purchases, so he will buy more, and this can continue several times. Or maybe in the last hours there will be huge purchases.

how much ether do you think it will be sold?

100,000,000 + and I am relatiely confident with that guess!

This spot for rent.
Nxtblg
Legendary

Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2014, 04:33:16 PM

A scam?

Hmm.

That's a helluva lot of demand. Methinks that some of that demand was pulled from the future by people "buying now!!!", when they would otherwise buy later and support the post-presale price by doing so.

Hmm.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

slaveforanunnak1

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 04:57:56 PM

It's another Mastercoin.  People invested huugeeee money into that and would had saw more ROI had they invested into Doge or NXT.  Ethereum is $12 million and there's no guarantee (after it stabilizes after the initial hype buy at launch) it'll go above $80 million.  Sure you might say that is a 7x return but many early crypto currencies bring way more ROI than that.

Ethereum language is a liability.  It took a decade plus to get all the bugs in Java and C++ worked out and to educate a generation of developers to program in that language.  Ethereum only has Vitalik who can program in his own language and Vitalik is likely to jump ship when Ethereum launches to resume his studies at UoT or he'll be taking an early retirement due to the millions he'll be pocketing.  That means you're stuck with a coin which has no competent language programmers and nothing much happening at the Ethereum HQ since 2-3 developers isn't enough to do things like bring in the sort of features you see in a coin like NxT.

WOW! look at you just pulling shit out of your ass like it's some sort of fact!
giveBTCpls

Activity: 322

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 05:22:03 PM

Since when they have been working on Ethereum for a decade? That's ridiculous. Anyway I hope Ethereum is a legit as it gets project because if this is another scam, it will do nothing but wrong for BTC because people will start thinking it's a waste of time to invest in any crypto related projects. This could be the biggest scam of them all if it's not legit.

jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 05:49:14 PM

Since when they have been working on Ethereum for a decade?

no one said that.  he was comparing ethereum to other languages.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: