Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:12:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ETH] Ethereum = Scam  (Read 60138 times)
georgehosterguy

Activity: 196
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2014, 05:44:17 PM

I'm copying this from another thread. 

I've been reading some of the negative posts regarding ethereum and I'm having a hard time grasping - in a world of a million clonecoins why it's a bad investment?  Anonymint's idea of virus in the blockchain is the biggest detracter I can see.

I see people saying
  A - the distribution model gives too much ethereum distribution to original investors.
  B - the distribution model doesn't limit the number of ethers distributed - so it screws the initial investors.

This seems to balance out for me.  I mean - if initial investors are getting screwed but too much ether distribution at the same time...

Second complaint I've seen is inflation. 

Inflation = @ .26 inflation against the ORIGINAL investment amount (not a recurring .26) is less than bitcoin in year 1 (100%) & year 2 (50%) etc.  At some point (been too lazy to figure it out) it will inflate faster than bitcoin - but by year 5 (if my math is right) it'll be 7% inflation and continue to decline.

Third complain is that it's a scam.  I have a difficult time buying this after looking thru the forums, looking at the github activity (https://github.com/ethereum/cpp-ethereum).  Here's a guy who's creating his government with it - https://forum.ethereum.org/discussion/1009/the-people-s-republic-of-doug-ethereum-based-decentralized-organization

It feels like pointing out the obvious to say that even if ethereum raises $10,000,000 - they have already done MORE work & innovation than 100X the everyday $250,000 - $500,000 scamcoin / pump & dump.

P.S.  I'm not an investor - have too much tied up in crypto already.  Just wondering if I'm crazy.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
btcxyzzz
Legendary

Activity: 888
Merit: 1000

Monero - secure, private and untraceable currency.

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2014, 06:09:47 PM

If Vitalik Buterin is involved, it's not a scam, as simple as that. Enough for me to think Ethereum is real Bitcoin 2.0. Are you aware what kind of expert he is? In par with Satoshi probably, if not better.

Token Bubbles – Transforming the ICO Rating and Analysis Space.
pikabit

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 06:14:19 PM

Yeah I cant wrap my head around what the fuck ethereum is after all this time.

muhai

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 06:33:23 PM

ALL BTC must BURN in BLACK ADDRESS (address have no private key) or not THAT IPO JUST COMPLETELY SCAM...
give my your "MONEY" (bitcoin) and i give u shitcoin ether...
slaveforanunnak1

Activity: 743
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 06:53:22 PM

i personally love that its called "Ether."  - that HAS to be an inside gag.

it's not.
Vitalik explains why he named it that in several interviews.
slaveforanunnak1

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 06:55:48 PM

If Vitalik Buterin is involved, it's not a scam, as simple as that. Enough for me to think Ethereum is real Bitcoin 2.0. Are you aware what kind of expert he is? In par with Satoshi probably, if not better.

exactly! that dude lived in an abandoned building with the unsystem guys writing code for months. I cna't believe some of the people here, just talking out of their ass!
seriouscoin

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 07:03:36 PM

exactly! that dude lived in an abandoned building with the unsystem guys writing code for months. I cna't believe some of the people here, just talking out of their ass!

LOL do you know this for a fact or just fcking hearsay. Why dont you dig a little deeper?

Guess what dumb ass, ppl know Vitalik in CS at UoW and they dont have any impression of him being "genius". Typical scripting hacker as they describe him.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 07:06:59 PM

Please view the following video in its entirety prior to commenting further on Vitalik Buterin.

Vitalik Buterin on Singularity 1 on 1: Ethereum is a Decentralized Consensus Platform

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbEtivJIfIU
slaveforanunnak1

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 07:52:07 PM

LOL do you know this for a fact or just fcking hearsay. Why dont you dig a little deeper?

Guess what dumb ass, ppl know Vitalik in CS at UoW and they dont have any impression of him being "genius". Typical scripting hacker as they describe him.

hahahahah mmkay guy

If anything/anyone is going to change the world for the better, it's going to be one of these guys! Not the "foundation"
I simply don't believe these guys are there to scam people out of their money! Charlie Shrem, or the Vinklederp twins however, i don't trust for a millisecond
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 09:53:17 PM

Yeah Vitalik is treated like some prodigy figure.  You know Goldmansachs has effective advertising is people know who Vitalik is but have no idea who Charlie Lee or Gavin Andressen is.  Vitalik, before Ethereum, call to fame was editing some magazine which was only read by hundreds and a little side programming - no proof of him being a prodigy of anything - more like a mascot for GMS.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
slaveforanunnak1

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 10:03:48 PM

Yeah Vitalik is treated like some prodigy figure.  You know Goldmansachs has effective advertising is people know who Vitalik is but have no idea who Charlie Lee or Gavin Andressen is.  Vitalik, before Ethereum, call to fame was editing some magazine which was only read by hundreds and a little side programming - no proof of him being a prodigy of anything - more like a mascot for GMS.

do you understand that he was 17!!! WTF did you do when you were 17? drink 22s and tried to get laid?

xneo

Activity: 10

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 11:06:26 PM

do you understand that he was 17!!! WTF did you do when you were 17? drink 22s and tried to get laid?

There have been countless people UNDER 17 that have accomplished more than Vitalik who from what I can see has won ALL accolades from ethereum not for anything else.

This is equivalent to giving Woz all kinds of crazy awards while he was still working at HP because he might create a personal computer.

Or better yet lets start giving awards to actors who have yet to make the movie they certainly will be great in. It is ridiculous.
juicyjuice87

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 11:13:52 PM

Vitalik for president...
xneo

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 11:18:06 PM

Anyone has met Antony (the founder of Ether) knows hes shaddy as fck. The guy doesnt really understand bitcoin and generally talks baseless crap just like Roger Ver.

Someone should do a background check on Antony and you will be shocked.

The dude is beyond shady as hell. Met him in Toronto and was like "I think this guy A) has no idea what he is talking about and B) I hope I still have my wallet".

This could be the first crypto coin that actually catches the ire of regulators as a straight up fraud.
slaveforanunnak1

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 11:19:13 PM

There have been countless people UNDER 17 that have accomplished more than Vitalik who from what I can see has won ALL accolades from ethereum not for anything else.

This is equivalent to giving Woz all kinds of crazy awards while he was still working at HP because he might create a personal computer.

Or better yet lets start giving awards to actors who have yet to make the movie they certainly will be great in. It is ridiculous.

nothing else??? really?
https://github.com/vbuterin/pybitcointools

he has also worked on SX
http://sx.dyne.org/

KeyserSozeMC

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

I'm dying.

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2014, 11:20:29 PM

Stop wasting your time people.
ETH will live.

People hating for no reason sounds just stupid.

Hey, smexy. Don't waste your time. Time's precious.
slaveforanunnak1

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 11:22:15 PM

Stop wasting your time people.
ETH will live.

People hating for no reason sounds just stupid.

You know what they say... haters gonna hate.
yambad

Activity: 120
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 11:25:39 PM

Ethereum if not scam = new Ripple, because of this giant capitalization.

The super mega versatile thing, which is not adopted by anyone.
xneo

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 11:29:28 PM

Anyone has met Antony (the founder of Ether) knows hes shaddy as fck. The guy doesnt really understand bitcoin and generally talks baseless crap just like Roger Ver.

Someone should do a background check on Antony and you will be shocked.

Everything's shady.  You forgot about the Goldman Sach's connection.  There's only so many people in this world that have worked for them (out of 7 billion people) and yet Ethereum has them.

Then there's Vitalik - always doing these hour long interviews and flying around the world to promote Ethereum.  When does he have time to do any development?  Why is he passed off as some sort of prodigy developer?  How is that kid more well known than Charlie Lee or actual Bitcoin developers like Gavin Andresen?  I swear that Vitalik is a mascot, some Goldmansachs executive at some table probably said: "We need someone 'hip and kewl', like Justin Bieber, to promote our scam coin to the skateboarding millenials".. "umm how about Vitalik sir, all he does is edit some magazine read by a few dozen people and he's also from Toronto just like Bieber", "Good job Samuels, keep up the good work and you'll get that raise".

Having met both Vitalik and Anthony, this is basically how it comes across. Anthony is some Oliver Twist-esque Fagin character and Vitalik is an anointed coding genius that is utilized to play the role of lead dev. Bitcoin decentral is like an ethereum cult where "utopia" is used every other word and questioning the credentials of people like Anothony or Vitalik absurd...

Vitalik seems to play the part well but far from running a magazine I just don't see what software he has created or contributed to that is that "earth-shattering".

Once again people only ask this question because he is being billed as some savant and I just don't see it.
yambad

Activity: 120
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 11:36:22 PM

hahahahah mmkay guy

If anything/anyone is going to change the world for the better, it's going to be one of these guys! Not the "foundation"
I simply don't believe these guys are there to scam people out of their money! Charlie Shrem, or the Vinklederp twins however, i don't trust for a millisecond

I do not trust these people with appearance of gay
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: