Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 01:22:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ETH] Ethereum = Scam  (Read 60138 times)
BitUsher
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1034

View Profile
February 04, 2019, 01:49:29 PM

This post was made in 2016 and this is 2019 and Ethereum has proven this your post wrong from all angles possible because this your scam accusation likely prevented many people from investing and considering the current price, I am thinking quite a few people are thinking if how to do you harm.

Look at coinmarketcap and realize scams can persist for a very long time. Also you realize ETh 2.0 is a completely new blockchain as the ETH devs have already admitted to themselves ETH 1.0 is such a mess it would be better to start from scratch? Thus even the eth devs are admitting ethereum is a failure as they have to start from scratch

Here is what I predicted with Nxt and Bitshares and will happen with Ethereum. Ethereum will slowly capitulate and slowly become less interesting as a project as their creators/developers leave and move on. They will continue to have problems delivering on promises and will continue to have serious bugs due to the wild scope of their project , impossible goals, and large attack surface. They will slowly fall out of favor and drop in ranking in buy support and market cap as we are already starting to see. The project won't instantly fail, but will slowly dwindle into irrelevance as we have seen with many projects in the past

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
prayogi

Activity: 700
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 04, 2019, 02:05:24 PM

Do not agree with the author of the topic. Perhaps his trust should talk about it. ETH is developing very quickly. This team has their own product that they are improving. ETH is a platform for all altcoins. Therefore, I do not agree with your point of view and i consider it absurd.
This topic was created in 2014, the thing we can learn from this is that coins that were once considered a scam, now ethereum has
proven that ethereum can be a potential coin, even the ethereum platform is the biggest today and almost all projects use it
trudovik

Activity: 546
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 04, 2019, 02:08:27 PM

Who ever had such a crazy idea? I honestly just don’t understand how it really can be. I think that all this can unambiguously find popularity only for those people who do not understand anything at all in cryptocurrencies.
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 04, 2019, 03:55:48 PM

Do not agree with the author of the topic. Perhaps his trust should talk about it. ETH is developing very quickly. This team has their own product that they are improving. ETH is a platform for all altcoins. Therefore, I do not agree with your point of view and i consider it absurd.
This topic was created in 2014, the thing we can learn from this is that coins that were once considered a scam, now ethereum has
proven that ethereum can be a potential coin, even the ethereum platform is the biggest today and almost all projects use it

Yeah and through the years since '14, i think ether has proven it's legitimacy. Just sad that a lot of bogus projects and icos in the past used it's platform for their coins and that took a toll in eth's standing last year. Nevertheless, it's still in the top 3 and with it's large following, it's a coin worth investing at.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
Altryist
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1302

View Profile
February 04, 2019, 04:02:40 PM

Yeah and through the years since '14, i think ether has proven it's legitimacy. Just sad that a lot of bogus projects and icos in the past used it's platform for their coins and that took a toll in eth's standing last year. Nevertheless, it's still in the top 3 and with it's large following, it's a coin worth investing at.

We had to be ready for this, since the opportunity was open for many projects to conduct their campaign on the aetherium form, it was necessary to understand that there would be quite a few fraudulent projects. But this period needs to go through to learn from this lesson and move on.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
Debonaire217

Activity: 644
Merit: 364

In Code We Trust

View Profile
February 04, 2019, 04:29:01 PM

Ethereum is posted i see today as the big new story at Coindesk !
and i made a comment on it but it's of course awaiting moderation so i bet they will delete it.

Bottom line it's a dumb idea and it's an IPO and IPO's in crypto are ALL scams.
My advice to people is to avoid shit like this and notice who is jamming it down your throat too !
i came here today and out of nowhere page one is bloated with Ethereum topics.

i am going to copy what i posted at Coindesk to explain the reasoning behind why i think IPO's are scammy.

Note:
I just checked and Coindesk let me post my comment and replied "LOL"
i LOL'd too hhaha

ok so with out further ado, here is your new opinion everyone (the correct one) ..your welcome Wink

reference = http://www.coindesk.com/ethereum-launches-ether-coin-millions-already-sold/

Belief in it doesn't matter, you arguing with a bag holder.
So XYZ scam is great.. no what (to them)

It could be Kick-A-Puppy Coin and these same guys will come here and babble on their usual dumb bs..

They have to..
Or else their IPO scam is going to make them broke.
Further more it's clear staff here pushed this through because their bag holders too.. guaranteed.
It's all rather transparent and obvious to people with a brain hat is going on and there is need to give my interpretation of it etc.

I doubt even 1% of the people coming here need to be convinced for or against this crap..

What we do in fact having going on in a tug of war for media perception as to whether this scheme (or others) is convincing enough to lure in enough of the usual guys.

Because nobody !
and i mean NOOOOOBOOOOOOODY
cares about chow scammy or stupid some stunt scheme is.
ALL they care about is can they get in on it and make some money on it before it crash into the dirt.
I am not the only one who sees a red flag with anything that has an IPO or "Angel Investing" or "Crowd Funding" etc
They are ALL scammy pyramid schemes.. designed for no other purpose than to get Bitcoin to cash out to fiat.

AND..

Even if a few of these IPO scams are honest and legit it still does not change the important point that IPO's and similar were before and still are just a porting of a concept from a REGULATED market to a FREE market.

You see an IPO in the NYSE is regulated and protects all parties involved with massive amounts of rules and oversight.
In our Crypto scene it's a gimmick and a tool to part you with your Bitcoin.. legally !

No one in crypto shoudl get involved in crap like this until we have our own Crypto-version of Berni Madoff serving time for a ponzi scheme or we have our own version of Martha Stewart serving time for Insider trading until then..

It simply is NOT fair and safe or possibly even legal what these guys are doing and if regulation is looming and imposed with out warning you people out there supporting crap like this could wound up waking up tomorrow with charges laid against you.

Be careful investing in crap copied from a REGULATED market with laws.. we are in a free market where Ponzi schemes, Insider Trading and outright fraud etc.. is legal.

Use your brains and keep the greed in check guys lol

Or don't and suffer the consequences and roll out the cliche's Crypto-Excuses™ i hear ever day lol

and.. and..
This comment is (of course) awaiting moderation LOL

They actually didn't take our money, the market is getting bad and it is our responsibility to take an action to it, if you haven't saved your money, it was your fault not the market.
SMOKEU

Activity: 495
Merit: 10

📱 CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR DAP

View Profile
March 16, 2019, 03:04:25 PM

the coin that was named as SCAM when this topic was posted is already the Top 2 coin in the coinmarketcap..well can't blame them its their opinion..

██████████████  CARTESI 📱 LINUX INFRASTRUCTURE FOR SCALABLE DAPPS  ██████████████
█▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇█
SecretRecipe

Activity: 155
Merit: 1

CTO, Sys Admin, Cryptontrepreneur, CommunityLeader

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2020, 08:10:21 PM

I would be willing to bet a fat dollar that the people originally responsible for this thread own some ETH right now.. it's pretty funny. This is a good example to show all the HEX haters out there too.. just because something is new and hasn't been done before and has some unconventional ways of doing things doesn't mean its a scam. The proof is always in the pudding and ONLY time can truly tell.

CTO, SysAdmin, CryptoJunkie, Pool Op, CommunityLeader, PR Mgr, Connoisseur of Fine Cheeses.
casperBGD
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1151

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2020, 08:27:39 PM

it is a number two altcoin, that is used by many companies for their internal projects, and compare it with scam is a bit of something that someone who is not in the crypto said
cytpoway121

Activity: 1540
Merit: 68

View Profile
May 09, 2020, 08:37:38 PM

Ethereum is posted i see today as the big new story at Coindesk !
and i made a comment on it but it's of course awaiting moderation so i bet they will delete it.

Bottom line it's a dumb idea and it's an IPO and IPO's in crypto are ALL scams.
My advice to people is to avoid shit like this and notice who is jamming it down your throat too !
i came here today and out of nowhere page one is bloated with Ethereum topics.

i am going to copy what i posted at Coindesk to explain the reasoning behind why i think IPO's are scammy.

Note:
I just checked and Coindesk let me post my comment and replied "LOL"
i LOL'd too hhaha

ok so with out further ado, here is your new opinion everyone (the correct one) ..your welcome Wink

reference = http://www.coindesk.com/ethereum-launches-ether-coin-millions-already-sold/

Belief in it doesn't matter, you arguing with a bag holder.
So XYZ scam is great.. no what (to them)

It could be Kick-A-Puppy Coin and these same guys will come here and babble on their usual dumb bs..

They have to..
Or else their IPO scam is going to make them broke.
Further more it's clear staff here pushed this through because their bag holders too.. guaranteed.
It's all rather transparent and obvious to people with a brain hat is going on and there is need to give my interpretation of it etc.

I doubt even 1% of the people coming here need to be convinced for or against this crap..

What we do in fact having going on in a tug of war for media perception as to whether this scheme (or others) is convincing enough to lure in enough of the usual guys.

Because nobody !
and i mean NOOOOOBOOOOOOODY
cares about chow scammy or stupid some stunt scheme is.
ALL they care about is can they get in on it and make some money on it before it crash into the dirt.
I am not the only one who sees a red flag with anything that has an IPO or "Angel Investing" or "Crowd Funding" etc
They are ALL scammy pyramid schemes.. designed for no other purpose than to get Bitcoin to cash out to fiat.

AND..

Even if a few of these IPO scams are honest and legit it still does not change the important point that IPO's and similar were before and still are just a porting of a concept from a REGULATED market to a FREE market.

You see an IPO in the NYSE is regulated and protects all parties involved with massive amounts of rules and oversight.
In our Crypto scene it's a gimmick and a tool to part you with your Bitcoin.. legally !

No one in crypto shoudl get involved in crap like this until we have our own Crypto-version of Berni Madoff serving time for a ponzi scheme or we have our own version of Martha Stewart serving time for Insider trading until then..

It simply is NOT fair and safe or possibly even legal what these guys are doing and if regulation is looming and imposed with out warning you people out there supporting crap like this could wound up waking up tomorrow with charges laid against you.

Be careful investing in crap copied from a REGULATED market with laws.. we are in a free market where Ponzi schemes, Insider Trading and outright fraud etc.. is legal.

Use your brains and keep the greed in check guys lol

Or don't and suffer the consequences and roll out the cliche's Crypto-Excuses™ i hear ever day lol

and.. and..
This comment is (of course) awaiting moderation LOL

When our elders say time flies so fast, this is just an example of it.

The introduction of bitcoin and crypto currency the years back brought so many doubts and expressed thousands of uncertainties. I definitely would not judge your view on etherum over 6 years ago.

My hope is that you took time to find out more about etherum back then; and saw real reasons to invest right.
Fast forward 6 years, etherum is the leader of altcoins after the king Bitcoin; Etherum is what several altcoins aim to become and it is surely legit and rewarding.

I did read the review; and it is good that etherum made name for itself and clear all doubts.
Termie

Activity: 642
Merit: 292

View Profile
August 31, 2021, 10:19:46 AM

yesterday this thread/'Spoetnik'-dude got eternalized at r/cryptocurrency Grin
MSN02

Activity: 95
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 31, 2021, 11:53:05 PM

Ethereum isn’t a scam, it’s just a playground for the rich. ETH is to costly for the average person to use, that’s why I use NEAR. NEAR does everything that ETH promises to do and more. It’s fast, cheap and scalable. I personally stake on NEAR and use it various platforms to flip NFTs. I first heard about NEAR on Twitter then later joined there telegram, there admin were very kind and answered all of my questions. I definitely recommend joining and diving deeper into NEAR, there is so much that you can do.
SyndicateLabs

Activity: 882
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 01, 2021, 01:21:45 AM

Ethereum isn’t a scam, it’s just a playground for the rich. ETH is to costly for the average person to use, that’s why I use NEAR. NEAR does everything that ETH promises to do and more. It’s fast, cheap and scalable. I personally stake on NEAR and use it various platforms to flip NFTs. I first heard about NEAR on Twitter then later joined there telegram, there admin were very kind and answered all of my questions. I definitely recommend joining and diving deeper into NEAR, there is so much that you can do.
Still the same topic but at different times have different views Smiley
ETH is for the rich, wish I was what you say. Is it attractive or not just looking at the present value, the main problem is the retirement perspective where some people think that a certain amount of money must be bought, instead they do not think about matching it what I have. And start looking for other opportunities from this market again, it takes time because one day they realize they have to buy it again Smiley
ilovealtcoins

Activity: 1246
Merit: 263

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile
September 01, 2021, 01:41:13 AM

He denied ETH too soon. I don't know if he still holds ETH. Perhaps he passed up such an opportunity to get rich. I missed ETH at $8, $10, $20, $80 and so far I keep ETH for various reasons. I believe that a person who has a vision and always uses the relevant DAPPs will always keep ETH in his wallet.
andriarto

Activity: 1344
Merit: 253

View Profile
September 01, 2021, 03:25:09 AM

He denied ETH too soon. I don't know if he still holds ETH. Perhaps he passed up such an opportunity to get rich. I missed ETH at $8, $10, $20, $80 and so far I keep ETH for various reasons. I believe that a person who has a vision and always uses the relevant DAPPs will always keep ETH in his wallet.
this post was made in 2014, and that means I'm not familiar with cryptocurrencies. if he still holds a lot of ethereum, maybe by now he has financial freedom. until now ethereum remains a trusted altcoin and continues to rank second after bitcoin, even though the network is widely avoided because it has expensive gas fees, but in fact it is still the prima donna of investors

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   S T A K E   L I T T L E   W I N   B I G   
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29]
  Print  

Jump to: