Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 01:14:28 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 177 »
  Print  
Author Topic: bustabit.com -- The Social Gambling Game  (Read 293503 times)
espringe (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 11:09:04 PM

Apparently, you have a history of losing money on every site and calling it a scam. The more likely explanation is you're really bad at gambling. Maybe you should stop.

Pay him no attention, he's a troll and thrives on it. He knows very well the site isn't a scam, just like all other sites he accuses. And in fact he is sitting on a realized profit with him having pulled 61.6k more bits out of the site than the meager amount he put it. And no, I've not given him any comps. He's not upset about taking a loss, he's just a troll.
BBmmBB

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 11:11:07 PM

Apparently, you have a history of losing money on every site and calling it a scam. The more likely explanation is you're really bad at gambling. Maybe you should stop.

Pay him no attention, he's a troll and thrives on it. He knows very well the site isn't a scam, just like all other sites he accuses. And in fact he is sitting on a realized profit with him having pulled 61.6k more bits out of the site than he's put in (which was meager). He's not upset about taking a loss, he's just a troll.

hey fuck you i've bent over backwards to sort out your mess and you call me a troll? you better check yourself fool!
BBmmBB

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 11:12:54 PM

HASHES? WHY YOU DELETE? HMMMM
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 01:54:20 AM

1.75x   -   -   -
1.28x   -   -   -
1.06x   -   -   -
1.60x   -   -   -
1.36x   -   7,737   -7,737 (+0.11)
1.03x   -   1,137   -1,137 (+11.37)
1.06x   -   1,137   -1,137 (+11.33)
1.52x   -   1,137   -1,137
1.65x   -   37   -37
1.08x   -   3,337   -3,337

^^REALLY? --I'M CALLING SCAM  Roll Eyes

Looks like 10 rolls in a row crashed below 2x. That's about a 1 in a 1000 chance of happening (2^10). He's been doing this for a year or so now, playing until a reasonably unlikely sequence of "reds" happens, and then calling it a scam.

Like I say, just ignore him. Almost everyone does by now.

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
BBmmBB

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 02:36:56 AM

1.75x   -   -   -
1.28x   -   -   -
1.06x   -   -   -
1.60x   -   -   -
1.65x   -   37   -37

^^REALLY? --I'M CALLING SCAM  Roll Eyes

Looks like 10 rolls in a row crashed below 2x. That's about a 1 in a 1000 chance of happening (2^10). He's been doing this for a year or so now, playing until a reasonably unlikely sequence of "reds" happens, and then calling it a scam.

ya and beyond that what are the chances of hitting TWO OF THE SAME NUMBERS? LMFAO o____o
yenzae0215

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 02:51:25 AM

if you are not good in gambling then you should stop it Smiley

Banned**
Loophole

Activity: 619
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 06:30:12 AM

1.75x   -   -   -
1.28x   -   -   -
1.06x   -   -   -
1.60x   -   -   -
1.65x   -   37   -37

ya and beyond that what are the chances of hitting TWO OF THE SAME NUMBERS? LMFAO o____o

Considering there have already been hundreds of thousands of games played on the site, I am pretty sure there are a lot more "extreme" patterns.

binaryFate
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1003

Still wild and free

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 10:58:09 AM

[...]

we know u own luckyb.it
please buy this site, it seems as if ure interested

Look like he is really interested that is why he is enquiring before bid.
It will be another great pick on binaryfate portfolio if he buy this.

No, I was just brought here from the fiasco.ninja thread, and then got curious about the fairness aspect.
Some time ago I was trying to design a multiplayer game, the project was later abandoned but I'm still intellectualy interested in the topic. It is very challenging to design a fair multiplayer game without the possibility of shill from insider (ie, owner/operator), that is equally fair to everybody. I remember helping the satoshirat guy to change his game so it was fair, but it definitely puts some heavy constraints on the design. My current stance is that if the round is on a time scale of minutes, a multiplayer game can be fair only if there is no action/choice involved in a round, only stochasticity (like satoshirat). If the round is on a longer time scale (like a day) the game definitely can involve action/choice from participants and be fair at the same time (imagine that the outcome to determine the winner could be the hash of the first block that comes after midnight). I'm getting off-topic, sorry.  Cheesy
Anyway no I'm not interested to buy it, but this has nothing to do with the quality of moneypot. I wish it will sell well!

Monero's privacy and therefore fungibility are MUCH stronger than Bitcoin's. 
This makes Monero a better candidate to deserve the term "digital cash".
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 02:41:23 PM

No, I was just brought here from the fiasco.ninja thread, and then got curious about the fairness aspect.
Some time ago I was trying to design a multiplayer game, the project was later abandoned but I'm still intellectualy interested in the topic. It is very challenging to design a fair multiplayer game without the possibility of shill from insider (ie, owner/operator), that is equally fair to everybody. I remember helping the satoshirat guy to change his game so it was fair, but it definitely puts some heavy constraints on the design. My current stance is that if the round is on a time scale of minutes, a multiplayer game can be fair only if there is no action/choice involved in a round, only stochasticity (like satoshirat). If the round is on a longer time scale (like a day) the game definitely can involve action/choice from participants and be fair at the same time (imagine that the outcome to determine the winner could be the hash of the first block that comes after midnight). I'm getting off-topic, sorry.  Cheesy
Anyway no I'm not interested to buy it, but this has nothing to do with the quality of moneypot. I wish it will sell well!

That's how my lotto works. Secrets from the future. Provably fair for everyone.

espringe (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 03:01:34 PM

I had a look, it's quite a nice scheme -- but how do you handle one of the secret providers not revealing the hash? e.g. the site is down, they lose the seed etc.

Imagine this,  BitSaloon secretly buys 50% of your tickets, then they have a 50% chance of winning. If they don't win, instead of revealing the seed that would prove so, they lose it (or suspend the site). As I understand it, you'll be forced to do a redraw, which would effectively give them a 75% of winning with 50% of the tickets
Dabs
Legendary

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 03:41:32 PM

I had a look, it's quite a nice scheme -- but how do you handle one of the secret providers not revealing the hash? e.g. the site is down, they lose the seed etc.

Imagine this,  BitSaloon secretly buys 50% of your tickets, then they have a 50% chance of winning. If they don't win, instead of revealing the seed that would prove so, they lose it (or suspend the site). As I understand it, you'll be forced to do a redraw, which would effectively give them a 75% of winning with 50% of the tickets

Actually, I had a look recently, and I think a few of the original secret providers are dead, BitSaloon is one of them, dead now.

But to answer your question, the draw would not happen in the first place, and they would not know if they won or lost. If they lose their seed, they will have problems on their own site, because it's being used for their game.

SatoshiDice is still around, for example, they are not going to lose their seed, unless they stop operating.

When I resume my lotto, I will probably trim down the list of secret providers. In fact, I really only need one other. It was fun including seven of them, but if you think about it, random.org is all I would really ever need.

If I wanted the game to be more "bitcoiny", and remove dependence on anything else except bitcoin itself (the network), then I will simply use a future block hash. It is extremely unlikely that some powerful miner or mining group or pool would bother to try to manipulate this.

My own secret is committed, and I'll reveal it after I get the block hash. My original problem was time synchronization, but if I have my own website, then I could just use my own time. (I'll try to stick to whatever the atomic clocks says, within 1~2 seconds.)

A previous lotto (that died as well) used the results of a government real life lotto. I could do that, but what happens if the draw is delayed? (Not likely, they will probably announce something.)

Actually, I'd like to hire you, but based on your posts, I think I can't afford you. Smiley

BBmmBB

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 03:55:29 PM

1.75x   -   -   -
1.28x   -   -   -
1.06x   -   -   -
1.60x   -   -   -
1.65x   -   37   -37

Considering there have already been hundreds of thousands of games played on the site, I am pretty sure there are a lot more "extreme" patterns.

i agree i just have been seeing this kind of thing constantly with these sites where it's advertised as completely random and each instance independent of one another yet time and time again unmathematical patterns emerge! ~ :\
Dabs
Legendary

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 03:59:45 PM

i agree i just have been seeing this kind of thing constantly with these sites where it's advertised as completely random and each instance independent of one another yet time and time again unmathematical patterns emerge! ~ :\
Have you tried verifying your rolls? It seems you don't even bother. (Sorry to other people who have him on ignore.)

BBmmBB

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 04:06:14 PM

Have you tried verifying your rolls? It seems you don't even bother. (Sorry to other people who have him on ignore.)

rolls? there is no "rolls"

ok old wise one

:>> how do you verify rolls on this site ? -> step by step for moneypot?

i have witnessed consistent patterns that defy reason TIME AND TIME AGAIN!

>> why would they cheat you say? lmfao  Roll Eyes
Dabs
Legendary

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 04:17:03 PM

I thought you were referring to all the other dice sites where you have played on. This one, you don't need to verify the "rolls" but you can verify that the game is fair. You have the choice to pick what point to cash out. That is completely up to you and the site can not change that. It is already telling you when it will crash, but only reveals this after the game, which can not be changed.

Thus it is fair. So, do you have a problem with the way it is implemented? Or do you not understand how to play?

BBmmBB

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 04:21:45 PM

I thought you were referring to all the other dice sites where you have played on. This one, you don't need to verify the "rolls" but you can verify that the game is fair. You have the choice to pick what point to cash out. That is completely up to you and the site can not change that. It is already telling you when it will crash, but only reveals this after the game, which can not be changed.

Thus it is fair. So, do you have a problem with the way it is implemented? Or do you not understand how to play?

yes this is the mp thread! ~ short answer: you don't know how to verify the game hash?  :\ meh
pthnmj

Activity: 683
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 05:26:46 PM

So strange how you said you were auctioning this site due to AMAZON.. yet it's still up and collecting profits Wink
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 05:58:07 PM

So strange how you said you were auctioning this site due to AMAZON.. yet it's still up and collecting profits Wink

It would help if you used the 'quote' button to show us what you're referring to.

I remember Eric say he had stopped using Amazon's services:

Amazon was good enough to give me a heads up, and allow the smooth migration away from their services

I don't remember him saying he was auctioning the site "due to AMAZON".

I don't think it would make sense to shut the site down while auctioning it. It's worth more as a "going concern", surely?

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
Dabs
Legendary

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 01:06:34 AM

yes this is the mp thread! ~ short answer: you don't know how to verify the game hash?  :\ meh

https://www.moneypot.com/faq#fair

It's all there bud.

BBmmBB

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 01:28:09 AM

https://www.moneypot.com/faq#fair

It's all there bud.

site down? :\

=============================================================================

Is the game fair?

Absolutely! And we can prove it: Before each game starts and before any player joins we send a hash of what the result will be. The hash we display is calculated as: sha256(gameCrashAmount + '|' + seed)

And after a game ends, you can look up the gameCrashAmount and the seed and compute the sha256(gameCrashAmount + '|' + seed) to verify that we never changed the gameCrashAmount.

Note: The gameCrashAmount is an integer that represents when the game crashes as a percentage. E.g. this Game crashed at 16.31x with a a seed of e4e93da14e26c6d9a1e22f6d0e63c52d. So, to prove we didn't cheat, the hash you would have seen on your client is 25957aaf0a91ed9faaa0b4622f890a98eba174d40513cb0344ffc01a4bb55fce which we computed via: sha256('1631|e4e93da14e26c6d9a1e22f6d0e63c52d')

-------------------------------------------------------

so you add gamecrashamount + '|' + seed? <-------- so you add first with a calculator? ..what does '|' represent?

*...sorry noob here ! :\

step by step ~ first what sha-256 calculator do you recommend?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 177 »
  Print  

Jump to: