Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 06:00:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NSGminer v0.9.4: The Fastest NeoScrypt GPU Miner  (Read 221608 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
tanakan

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 10:36:50 PM

Any one help me to fix this error?
http://i1295.photobucket.com/albums/b632/nguyen3cmjsc/1_zpsjnxhyohn.gif
http://i1295.photobucket.com/albums/b632/nguyen3cmjsc/2_zpsbbzngugh.gif
http://i1295.photobucket.com/albums/b632/nguyen3cmjsc/3_zpszesvtkps.gif

NSGMiner cannot enable all 4 R9280X card.
I've tried to install AMD Driver: 14.4 / 14.9 / 15.7 / 15.12 / 16.2.1 but cannot help to fix this.
My option is: --neoscrypt -g 1 -w 128 -I 16 --gpu-platform 1 --gpu-engine 950 --gpu-memclock 1500

Thanks a lot.

Your farm is out of memory most likely. Reduce -I to 15.

why all the miners are not working in solo mode minus the 3.7.8 version of cgminer? i find this utterly stupid

Because no one cares to fix solo mining in SGminer. I don't maintain it.

Thanks ghostlander!, Problem fixed. Finally I get 1.9Mh/s with 4 R9 280x.
geenius

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 06:51:26 AM

I also have similar problem with 2x 280x. One card is hashing but the other one is not disabled but hashing only 10kh/s. Do I need to upgrade memory to 16GB?

You can launch one miner per card to make sure they work fine and there is enough memory.

Should I have to check the memory status in task manager? And if there is not enough free memory should i buy more? I do not have problem with upgrading just asking if this will help. Thank you Smiley

EDIT: I have 8GB right now.

Start one miner copy with -d 0 and another with -d 1 to see if they work fine.

One miner with -d 0 and -I 16 in still not hashing but consumes more than 2GB free memory, and if I run only the seccond miner -d 1 and - 16 it is hashing fine and consuming almost nothing from free memory.

Reduce intensity and/or clock speeds of the failing one.

Yes with reduced intensity (-i 15) it was working. But I still do not know why card 0 alone consumes almost 2GB (hashing 10khs) and card 1 alone only 0,02MB (hashing 500khs). It looks like that Windows was in some strange state because from 8GB total memory, 4,4GB was used sa Cached and 2GB free.  Anyway I have added another 4GB and it looks fine also with intensity i 16. After a half day is the cached memory again 3,5GB and 3GB free. Now it is hashing fine.  Thank you for help Smiley

I have another question. What is the hashrate for 280x and for 290 (non X)?
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 06:56:20 AM

why all the miners are not working in solo mode minus the 3.7.8 version of cgminer? i find this utterly stupid

there is a way to mine in solo feathercoin, with nvidia?
ghostlander (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1239
Merit: 1020

No surrender, no retreat, no regret.

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2016, 11:25:53 AM

I also have similar problem with 2x 280x. One card is hashing but the other one is not disabled but hashing only 10kh/s. Do I need to upgrade memory to 16GB?

You can launch one miner per card to make sure they work fine and there is enough memory.

Should I have to check the memory status in task manager? And if there is not enough free memory should i buy more? I do not have problem with upgrading just asking if this will help. Thank you Smiley

EDIT: I have 8GB right now.

Start one miner copy with -d 0 and another with -d 1 to see if they work fine.

One miner with -d 0 and -I 16 in still not hashing but consumes more than 2GB free memory, and if I run only the seccond miner -d 1 and - 16 it is hashing fine and consuming almost nothing from free memory.

Reduce intensity and/or clock speeds of the failing one.

Yes with reduced intensity (-i 15) it was working. But I still do not know why card 0 alone consumes almost 2GB (hashing 10khs) and card 1 alone only 0,02MB (hashing 500khs). It looks like that Windows was in some strange state because from 8GB total memory, 4,4GB was used sa Cached and 2GB free.  Anyway I have added another 4GB and it looks fine also with intensity i 16. After a half day is the cached memory again 3,5GB and 3GB free. Now it is hashing fine.  Thank you for help Smiley

I have another question. What is the hashrate for 280x and for 290 (non X)?

About 500KH/s give or take. Maybe closer to 550KH/s for 290.

"If you've got a problem and have to spread some coins to make it go away, you've got no problem. You've got an expence." ~ Phoenixcoin (PXC) and Orbitcoin (ORB) and Halcyon (HAL)
ghostlander (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2016, 11:29:32 AM

NSGminer supports all NVIDIA OpenCL capable hardware down to the oldest cards like 8800GTX. However the Maxwell generation runs better with CCminer.

"If you've got a problem and have to spread some coins to make it go away, you've got no problem. You've got an expence." ~ Phoenixcoin (PXC) and Orbitcoin (ORB) and Halcyon (HAL)
scryptr
Legendary

Activity: 1796
Merit: 1028

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2016, 01:51:02 PM

NSGminer supports all NVIDIA OpenCL capable hardware down to the oldest cards like 8800GTX. However the Maxwell generation runs better with CCminer.

SOLO-MINING PHOENIXCOIN--

I wrote a solo-mining tutorial for PhoenixCoin (PXC) in sp_ 's thread.  Here is the link:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=826901.msg14619222#msg14619222

The mining was done with sp_ 's private CCminer #5.  I was able to mine 50 PXC in less than 10 minutes.  However, I was unable to communicate properly with a FeatherCoin wallet (v0.9.3.1).  

I then began testing NSGminer, and have since been able to mine on a pool with my nVidia GTX 960.  Could you suggest a launch-line for NSGminer to solo-mine PXC at 127.0.0.1?  The rig is Win 7 x64 with a single 2GB GTX 960.  Thank you for your work on the NSGminer.  More miners should use it!      

--scryptr

TIPS:  BTC - 1Fs4uZ6a9ABYBTaHGUfqcwCQmeBRxkKRQT    DASH - XrK81tW31SLsVvZ2WX9VhTjpT6GXJPLdbQ
          SCRYPTR'S NOTEBOOK: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5035515.msg46035530#msg46035530
          GITHUB: "github.com/scryptr"  MERIT is appreciated, also.  Thanks!
ghostlander (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2016, 06:17:31 PM

I wrote a solo-mining tutorial for PhoenixCoin (PXC) in sp_ 's thread.  Here is the link:

The mining was done with sp_ 's private CCminer #5.  I was able to mine 50 PXC in less than 10 minutes.  However, I was unable to communicate properly with a FeatherCoin wallet (v0.9.3.1).  

I then began testing NSGminer, and have since been able to mine on a pool with my nVidia GTX 960.  Could you suggest a launch-line for NSGminer to solo-mine PXC at 127.0.0.1?  The rig is Win 7 x64 with a single 2GB GTX 960.  Thank you for your work on the NSGminer.  More miners should use it!      

--scryptr

It's trivial pretty much. Put -o http://127.0.0.1:9554 -O rpcuser:rpcpassword and follow it with one or two Stratum pools and their user:password sets. Wallets don't support long polling, therefore you want these Stratum pools for block change notifications. CCminer can maintain one connection only, so it doesn't work very well for solo mining. Too many stales.

Amph
Legendary

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 06:32:16 PM
Last edit: April 22, 2016, 06:42:53 PM by Amph

--scryptr

It's trivial pretty much. Put -o http://127.0.0.1:9554 -O rpcuser:rpcpassword and follow it with one or two Stratum pools and their user:password sets. Wallets don't support long polling, therefore you want these Stratum pools for block change notifications. CCminer can maintain one connection only, so it doesn't work very well for solo mining. Too many stales.

it seems that this is a problem related to the client, maybe the fact that they changed the algo in the wrong way? when they did the relaunch or something

i tried right now but it say invalid out of bounds block target...ok it work now, but the hashrate is abysmally low, not worth it with nividia at all, doing 50kh/s with a 970....
ghostlander (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2016, 06:44:41 PM

--scryptr

it seems that this is a problem related to the client, maybe the fact that they changed the algo in the wrong way? when they did the relaunch or something

There is no problem.

scryptr
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2016, 09:58:06 PM
Last edit: April 22, 2016, 10:22:13 PM by scryptr

PHOENIXCOIN BLOCK REWARD SIZE HALVED TODAY--

Apparently, while experimenting with NSGminer and solo-mining PhoenixCoin (PXC), I caught the implementation of the block reward-halving at 1000K blocks.  The block reward size is now 25 PXC.  The following is a cap of my PXC wallet console:

Results from "getmininginfo" command at PXC wallet console.

I have been solo-mining PXC over the past several days, and have found 7 blocks total.  Earlier, I found 2 50-coin blocks with CCminer at ~400KH/s, and 2 50-coin blocks with the wallet alone, at 7KH/s.  This afternoon, I found 3 25-coin blocks while mining with NSGminer at about 350KH/s.  Both CCminer and NSGminer used the same 2GB GTX 960.  Here is a capture of my wallet:

Mined blocks before and after PhoenixCoin block-reward halving.

Solo-mining with NSGminer involves a tandem connection, as described by Ghostlander above this post.  Here is the link:  

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=712650.msg14632863#msg14632863  

--scryptr

TIPS:  BTC - 1Fs4uZ6a9ABYBTaHGUfqcwCQmeBRxkKRQT    DASH - XrK81tW31SLsVvZ2WX9VhTjpT6GXJPLdbQ
          SCRYPTR'S NOTEBOOK: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5035515.msg46035530#msg46035530
Amph
Legendary

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 05:48:20 AM
Last edit: April 23, 2016, 07:28:43 AM by Amph

seems pointless to mine the value is very low, around 30 satoshi, is that thing even profitable?
ghostlander (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2016, 07:18:15 AM

seems pointless to mine the value is very low, around 30 satoshi, is that thign even profitable?

Those who dump as soon as they can, never get real profits.

When FTC was at 600 sats in January, many thought along the lines "whats FTC? $300k market cap? is it dead or alive? why do i bother to mine it?" The market capitalisation right now is $8 million.

adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1718

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 07:21:51 AM

How is the power consumption on this compared to ETH ?
ghostlander (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2016, 07:22:16 AM

How is the power consumption on this compared to ETH ?

Higher.

Amph
Legendary

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 07:30:05 AM

seems pointless to mine the value is very low, around 30 satoshi, is that thign even profitable?

When FTC was at 600 sats in January, many thought along the lines "whats FTC? $300k market cap? is it dead or alive? why do i bother to mine it?" The market capitalisation right now is $8 million.

this may be true, but not all coins are pumped with astronomical high %, right now feather coin is facing a p&d in the usual terms, it will retrurn soon under 10k, maybe not under 5k anymore
scryptr
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2016, 07:40:23 AM

this may be true, but not all coins are pumped with astronomical high %, right now feather coin is facing a p&d in the usual terms, it will retrurn soon under 10k, maybe not under 5k anymore

WALLET MINING PHOENIXCOIN--

Currently, I will hit a couple blocks a day while mining on the wallet alone.  The power consumption is negligible, I have my 750ti cards mining poolside on FeatherCoin (FTC).  They could be mining ETH at 4MH/s each (50% performance), perhaps..  I haven't run the numbers, but I have hit 2 more PXC blocks with just the wallet (7KH/s) since posting the above result.  Mostly I satisfied my curiosity about how to solo-mine NeoScrypt coins.       --scryptr

ghostlander (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2016, 07:46:20 AM

Currently, I will hit a couple blocks a day while mining on the wallet alone.  The power consumption is negligible, I have my 750ti cards mining poolside on FeatherCoin (FTC).  They could be mining ETH at 4MH/s each (50% performance), perhaps..  I haven't run the numbers, but I have hit 2 more PXC blocks with just the wallet (7KH/s) since posting the above result.  Mostly I satisfied my curiosity about how to solo-mine NeoScrypt coins.       --scryptr

CPUminer with SSE2-4way delivers much more than the built in miner which is rather old.

Amph
Legendary

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 08:58:22 AM

i've looked at the spec of phoenix coin, and based on the block time/block reward,  you can at best mine 25k coins per day. even if you were the only one mining

at 30 satoshi each this is 750k satoshi, which is very very low compared to other coins, yes you can mine to specualte, bu at present you need already that the price go 4x or 3x at the very least, to have the same profit of other coins
malekbaba
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1026

SellDefi.com | Earn by selling files

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 07:48:08 PM

How much hashes i should expect in a single 7950 card?! And is it worth mining with that card?!
ReiMomo

Activity: 2366
Merit: 305

Duelbits - $100k Bonus/week

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 03:52:05 AM

CPUminer with SSE2-4way delivers much more than the built in miner which is rather old.

AVX2 would be even better, Nicehash is offering 4 BTC to the one who make Neoscrypt minable with AVX2.

Duelbits
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
TRY OUR
  NEW  UNIQUE
GAMES!
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DICE 
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████████████████████
███▀▀                     ▀▀███
███    ▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄    ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███   ▀████▀       ▀████▀   ███
███                         ███
███   ▄████▄       ▄████▄   ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███    ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀    ███
███▄▄                     ▄▄███
MINES 
████████████████████████▄▀▄████
██████████████▀▄▄▄▀█████▄▀▄████
████████████▀ █████▄▀████ █████
██████████      █████▄▀▀▄██████
███████▀          ▀████████████
█████▀              ▀██████████
█████                ██████████
████▌                ▐█████████
█████                ██████████
██████▄            ▄███████████
████████▄▄      ▄▄█████████████
PLINKO 
█████████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀█████████
██████▀  ▄▄███ ███      ▀██████
█████  ▄▀▀                █████
████  ▀                    ████
████                       ████
█████                     █████
██████▄                 ▄██████
█████████▄▄▄       ▄▄▄█████████
10,000x
MULTIPLIER
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: