Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 12:26:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NSGminer v0.9.4: The Fastest NeoScrypt GPU Miner  (Read 221614 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
MaxDZ8

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 04:21:24 PM

So rather than 'another POW coin' Neoscrypt is the future for any coin not wanting to be centralised by the coming wave of ASICS
Your points are taken, but this is just plain out bullshit.
tmuir12

Activity: 230
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 10:54:39 PM

So rather than 'another POW coin' Neoscrypt is the future for any coin not wanting to be centralised by the coming wave of ASICS
Your points are taken, but this is just plain out bullshit.

Explain what is BS?
Do you disagree that ASICs will end up centralising Scrypt?
The arms raise with ASICs has already started.
In any place where electricity isn't dirt cheap the Gaw and fury 1.3Mhash miners already operate at a loss and large more powerful, more expensive miners are coming out every day.

There are only so many people / companies that are willing to go through a hardware refresh cycle every couple of months to stay profitable.
SO with each new generation of ASICS less people invest in them and so the hashing power is owned by a fewer number of people, centralising the hashing power.
Exactly what has happened with Bitcoin.
How many people do you still know that mine Biitcoin, bet its not as many as it was last year?

Neoscrypt is not the only option besides Scrypt, but some of these we are now starting to see ASICS being produced for.
Its not possible to create an algorithm that is ASIC proof, but is possible to make it so the incentive is not there to try and develop it for some time.

So again please explain to me what is BS?
Happy to be corrected where I am wrong with facts, not simple one liners with no detail.

FeatherCoin - 6p4gdv9S5YfHznfqxXmdMKEZyGbX9oyphe
MaxDZ8

Activity: 672

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 12:39:06 PM

I suppose an explanation is in order. Please accept my apologies BTCtalk is caustic and I should have not cut it short.

Emphasis mine.
In English to me this reads as

"Every coin which wants to get out of ASICs will have to do NeoScrypt".

Which implies

"NeoScrypt the only solution".

No. Absolutely not. A solution we can disuss but the solution... not quite. I'm sorry I disagree.
tmuir12

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 02:27:23 PM

I suppose an explanation is in order. Please accept my apologies BTCtalk is caustic and I should have not cut it short.

Emphasis mine.
In English to me this reads as

"Every coin which wants to get out of ASICs will have to do NeoScrypt".

Which implies

"NeoScrypt the only solution".

No. Absolutely not. A solution we can disuss but the solution... not quite. I'm sorry I disagree.

Thanks for the apology.
True Neoscrypt is not the only solution, there are other options at the moment, some which I'm not aware of ASICs coming near yet, some such as Scrypt-N which AICS are almost about to arrive on the scene, and I'm sure in the coming months there will be other new algorithms coming along.

My statement may of been a bit wide as I did not mean to imply its the only solution, maybe a better way of putting it is at the moment its the one ASIC manufactures are probably list interested in.

My interest in ALT coins is not to 'get rich quick' but to be part of the solution for providing cross border transactions that are not influenced or controlled by governments to their own end.
I hesitate to use this phrase as its a bit 'hippy like', but
ALt coins have the potential to help promote a global community free from political borders, race and religious barriers, and I would like to be part of that.

I'll now bunker down ready for the flames to come flying back at me for being such a Hippy. :-)

daimyo

Activity: 521

UFO

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 10:08:41 PM

The bitcoin tech is only 5-6 years old. Its not even mainstream yet. The actual programming language C that it employs is in its 40s for example.
I think there will be a long way to go to find the real solution, which, at least in my own eyes, is called true decentralization.

Neoscrypt will by no means define the solution by itself but it is the proof that the pursue towards the solution is live and the folks who stand behind this are enthusiastically looking to make the tech better. I would rephrase Kennedy here "Don't ask what others have done to find the solution, ask what you can do to help find the solution"  Grin

Cheers, folks, and keep up the good work!

Value does not exist outside of human consciousness
OrientA

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 07:51:33 AM

Is the GPU miner ready?
daimyo

Activity: 521

UFO

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 09:01:10 AM

I guess you will know when it is ready.

Value does not exist outside of human consciousness
OrientA

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 09:45:40 AM

Unless the GPU miner is more efficient than CPU, the mining will be dominated by servers or botnets.
TinEye

Activity: 639

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 10:51:45 AM

Yes, agree. Just like Primecoin the only beneficiaries are the botnet owners. They will just mine for free and sell immediately.

This might have come too late. If it would have arrived 6 months back it could have saved Feathercoin.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                                                                   ▄█████████                  ██████
                                                                   ███    ███                 ██   ██
         ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████    ██████████████████████   ████████▀
        ██            ▄█          █▄                 █▄          ███            █▄          █        ▄██▀
       ██            ██           ███                ██   ▄▄▄▄▄  ███            ██   ▄▄▄▄▄  ██   █████▀
       ██   █████    ██   ████   ████   ██     ██    ██   ▀▀▀▀   ██    ██████   ██   ▀▀▀▀   ██   ████▀
      ██    █████   ██    ████   ████   ██     ██   ██          ███   ██████   ██          ██   ████▀
      ██            ██           ███   ███    ███   ██    ▀▀▀▀▀▀███            ██    ▀▀▀▀▀▀██   ▀▀▀████
      ███           ██▄            █   ██     ██    ██▄          █             ▀█▄          ██      ███
       █████████   ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
      ██           ██
    ██▀           ███
  ████████████████▀
Conqueror
Legendary

Activity: 1354
Merit: 1020

I was diagnosed with brain parasite

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 10:34:36 AM

Yes, agree. Just like Primecoin the only beneficiaries are the botnet owners. They will just mine for free and sell immediately.

This might have come too late. If it would have arrived 6 months back it could have saved Feathercoin.

And thats exactly why FTC is 100% up today...lol.

Anyway, gpu miner is opened for public beta testing and tweaking now:

https://forum.feathercoin.com/index.php?/topic/7780-neoscrypt-gpu-miner-public-beta-test/#entry67556
TinEye

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 09:39:38 PM

https://forum.feathercoin.com/index.php?/topic/7780-neoscrypt-gpu-miner-public-beta-test/#entry67556

Its up like any other which responded to the Bitcoin crash. The others on Btc-e also went up.
Its still way below what it was barely months back.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████    ██████████████████████   ████████▀
        ██            ▄█          █▄                 █▄          ███            █▄          █        ▄██▀
       ██            ██           ███                ██   ▄▄▄▄▄  ███            ██   ▄▄▄▄▄  ██   █████▀
       ██   █████    ██   ████   ████   ██     ██    ██   ▀▀▀▀   ██    ██████   ██   ▀▀▀▀   ██   ████▀
      ██    █████   ██    ████   ████   ██     ██   ██          ███   ██████   ██          ██   ████▀
      ██            ██           ███   ███    ███   ██    ▀▀▀▀▀▀███            ██    ▀▀▀▀▀▀██   ▀▀▀████
      ███           ██▄            █   ██     ██    ██▄          █             ▀█▄          ██      ███
       █████████   ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
      ██           ██
    ██▀           ███
  ████████████████▀
majorlee

Activity: 134

First DJ to play gigs for Bitcoin & Crypto Guru

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2014, 10:21:19 PM

love the idea of the UFO coin Smiley

▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀▀    AI-COIN ICO  ●  Building Wealth Through AI & The Power of BLOCKCHAIN    ▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀▀
slack    |    Telegram    |    twitter    |    facebook    |    ANN Thread
▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄    READ THE WHITEPAPER  [ REGISTER TODAY ]    ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄
Magic8Ball
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 10:25:16 PM
Last edit: September 22, 2014, 10:55:09 PM by Magic8Ball

Its a step in the right direction. FTC has remained stuck for sometime in public view but silently there has been quite a lot of work going on. The community will be surprised when they see the price surge up soon.
OrientA

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 07:21:44 AM

Do we an indication of the performance of CPU and GPU miners?
TinEye

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 12:49:31 PM

Its back straight down. Just was a pump to get some profits.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ██           ██
    ██▀           ███
  ████████████████▀
tmuir12

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 03:46:17 PM

Do we an indication of the performance of CPU and GPU miners?

Beta GPUs are avilable for you to test, keep in mind these are Beta and not optimised yet, but you can download the source or a precompiled one from here
https://forum.feathercoin.com/index.php?/topic/7780-neoscrypt-gpu-miner-public-beta-test/

These can be used to mine PXC

Conqueror
Legendary

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 08:35:18 PM

Its back straight down. Just was a pump to get some profits.

You will be surprised soon.
Conqueror
Legendary

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 04:39:38 PM

Did I hear 24th of October?
wreckingball

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 11:25:34 PM

forgive me for being a moron, I am trying to cpu mine scrypt-n with the miner at the beginning of this thread, with a ./minerd --help, it says that scrypt-n is there if I use -a scrypt:N in the options, but I get this:

Code:
./minerd: unknown algorithm -- 'scrypt:N'

I get the same error with -a scryptN, -a scrypt-n -a scrypt-N and so on.. what is the proper usage to get it to mine using the neoscrypt algorithm?

thanks in advance, I apologize if this has been covered already, but I just didn't see it anywhere in this thread.

Wreckingball
tmuir12

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 01:12:11 AM

forgive me for being a moron, I am trying to cpu mine scrypt-n with the miner at the beginning of this thread, with a ./minerd --help, it says that scrypt-n is there if I use -a scrypt:N in the options, but I get this:

Code:
./minerd: unknown algorithm -- 'scrypt:N'

I get the same error with -a scryptN, -a scrypt-n -a scrypt-N and so on.. what is the proper usage to get it to mine using the neoscrypt algorithm?

thanks in advance, I apologize if this has been covered already, but I just didn't see it anywhere in this thread.

Wreckingball

Neoscrypt is not Scrypt:N, that is something different

Here is my how I launch minerd for PXC the blocks factory

minerd.exe -o stratum+tcp://stratum.pxc.theblocksfactory.com:3332 --algo="neoscrypt" --threads="3" --retry-pause="5" -u [Username. Worker] -p [Password]

Obviously change the username and password to yours

The blocks factory has a pretty good how to on setting up minerd too, this is obvikously for PXC but once FTC has moved to NeoScrypt you will be able to use the same setup just pointed at a FTC pool
https://pxc.theblocksfactory.com/gettingstarted

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: