Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 10:09:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 [386] 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | True Decentralization (No Pools) | Testing New Masternodes  (Read 810026 times)
ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2015, 09:02:59 PM

DRK miner, here  Smiley

I like some of the ideas you have for masternodes. I would like to mine for a while.

I downloaded 64bit win wallet. I got a spreadcoin gpu miner for AMD.

Need a guide, please to get the sgminer built for spreadcoin working. the github guide says use the start.bat. It doesn't exist.  

is there an example of a bat file?  I got the spreadcoin.conf done ok, i think.

Anything help files with images that exists?

If you'd like on a pool, look here:

https://spr.suprnova.cc/index.php?page=gettingstarted

Still breaking GPL rules?

Lol talking about "copyright" rules in crypto is kinda ridiculous but the source is on my github, i just need to remove the crypto key used for the encryption to the pool and make it public. Dont worry, soon.

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
AnotherNode

Activity: 178
Merit: 100

Nodes That Serve

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 09:08:03 PM

DRK miner, here  Smiley

I like some of the ideas you have for masternodes. I would like to mine for a while.

Need a guide to get the sgminer built for spreadcoin working. the github guide says use the start.bat. It doesn't exist.  

There is an example of the .bat file on github.

sgminer -I 20
This is all you need. Set the intensity to taste.

Thanks.

The bat file is called runme, spreadcoinbat, start and a few other names depending on where you look.

I got an AMD GPU miner from here

http://cryptomining-blog.com/3879-amd-and-nvidia-gpu-miners-for-spreadcoin-now-available/

I guess it is quite old?

I think I got mining started ok now. I will do a few images and sample files once I've figured the best settings.  Not getting any WU values so I guess my workers are not very efficient atm.
AnotherNode

Nodes That Serve

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 09:20:44 PM

DRK miner, here  Smiley

Need a guide, please to get the sgminer built for spreadcoin working. the github guide says use the start.bat. It doesn't exist.  

If you'd like on a pool, look here:

https://spr.suprnova.cc/index.php?page=gettingstarted

AMD & win7?
I dont want the hassle of switching to run linux. I've got some other stuff going on for windows atm.

Unfortunately i cannot get the miner compiled on win7 correctly for now, but i am working on it

will give your pool a go once you're ready
AnotherNode

Nodes That Serve

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 10:02:00 PM

6.11 block reward?

Currently seeing 2 blocks every ~60mins with ~15 MH/s

About right for this level of difficulty?
chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2828
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2015, 02:23:15 AM

6.11 block reward?

yup - it is ...

we are on nonce-pool ( private and invite only ) which you can use the 'standard' miners for ...

but it IS private and need to request to come in - due to the use of the 'standard' ( optimized in my case ) miners and the sharing of the private key to the pool ... unlike ocminers pool which does not share the private key ... but thats why its a private pool and invite only ...

we have NEVER had an issue there and continue to mine there - as the pool owner is trustworthy also ( like ocminer ) ...

we hit much more blocks - but thats due to the hashrate also ...

we are not hitting as many blocks as we like due to our internet connection dropouts ( which is getting looked at today by the isp ) so hopefully we will be back up and running at full pace after today ...

if you want try out the pool - let the pool owner ( nonce-pool here on bct ) via pm ...

hope this helps ...

#crysx

chup

Activity: 736
Merit: 262

Me, Myself & I

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 06:56:03 AM

Lol talking about "copyright" rules in crypto is kinda ridiculous but the source is on my github, i just need to remove the crypto key used for the encryption to the pool and make it public. Dont worry, soon.
I'm not laughing. You are laughing to people that invested tremendous time and effort to bring crypto currency world to the point of being usable and practical for everyone. You are breaking rules that crypto currency world is based on. You have to change the way your crypto key is inserted into code, because if you publish source that is not compiling towards published binaries you will again break rules.

ocminer
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2015, 07:09:09 AM

I'm not laughing. You are laughing to people that invested tremendous time and effort to bring crypto currency world to the point of being usable and practical for everyone. You are breaking rules that crypto currency world is based on. You have to change the way your crypto key is inserted into code, because if you publish source that is not compiling towards published binaries you will again break rules.

Incorrect, crypto keys are of course NOT under GPL, only the source itself.

I am releasing my mods to the source - WITHOUT the crypto keys so that everyone, also other pools, can start own projects/pools by using own - new keys.

BTW maybe you should talk to the "devs" that compile and relase binary-only version of (faster) miners with forced donation or even those who sell pre-compiled binaries etc ? GPL mainly wants to prevent you make any money with public code - I'm not and never did. :-) (No, the Pool is 0% fee)

I see your point, and I agree by releasing the source - I never intended to NOT to but you're fighting against the wrong person here - it's a public project - just take a look at my github, there is lots of stuff already.

chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2015, 08:07:33 AM

I am releasing my mods to the source - WITHOUT the crypto keys so that everyone, also other pools, can start own projects/pools by using own - new keys.

BTW maybe you should talk to the "devs" that compile and relase binary-only version of (faster) miners with forced donation or even those who sell pre-compiled binaries etc ? GPL mainly wants to prevent you make any money with public code - I'm not and never did. :-) (No, the Pool is 0% fee)

I see your point, and I agree by releasing the source - I never intended to NOT to but you're fighting against the wrong person here - it's a public project - just take a look at my github, there is lots of stuff already.

exactly what is ocminer breaking here? ... nothing? ...

thats what i thought too ...

if ocminer really WAS breaking any arrangement with the GPL - or whatever licence - you would have FOSS on his ass in no time ...

ocminer - keep up the good work mate ... ill wait Smiley ...

#crysx

ocminer
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2015, 08:14:05 AM

if ocminer really WAS breaking any arrangement with the GPL - or whatever licence - you would have FOSS on his ass in no time ...

#crysx

thanks !

btw the source is now on github Smiley

Jamil.Kamil

Activity: 154

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 08:16:47 AM

We have to test new Speard.....good job.... Wink Smiley Wink

chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2015, 08:51:27 AM

#crysx

thanks !

no worries ...

github address please? ...

does this mean that we just need to compile and start to mine? ... or is there something else we need to do beforehand? ...

been waiting to test mining on your pool mate Smiley ...

#crysx

chup

Me, Myself & I

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 09:04:48 AM

Devs that are NOT PUBLISHING their own forks, but are selling them are not breaking GPL rules. Believe it or not. So, fight is legitimate, person is  not wrong. If You send binaries to one that asks for them, everything is OK. If You publish them, as you did - GPL rules are broken. Glad to hear that you published source.

chup

Me, Myself & I

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 09:12:46 AM

#crysx

thanks !

no worries ...

github address please? ...

does this mean that we just need to compile and start to mine? ... or is there something else we need to do beforehand? ...

been waiting to test mining on your pool mate Smiley ...

#crysx
No, it means that You still have to use closed binaries and trust the person that releases them. Because You can't get key in visible form and compile source by yourself. If You do, You could rip off "pool" anytime. Or being ripped off from other "pool" miner.

coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 09:13:33 AM
Last edit: March 30, 2015, 10:02:43 AM by coins101

That wall I had up, it just earned me quite a few ServiceNodes.

Thanks

Will put up another wall for you later.  

You obviously have greater faith in my bitcoins than I do.  Wink

edit

Quote from: georgem, 26 March 2015
I am perfectly confident that gjhiggins, elbandi and me will do a fine job as new devs.

http://spreadcointalk.org/index.php?topic=526.msg3193#msg3193

I have great faith in the ability and motivation of the new devs and other members of the community......this project has a great network and sufficient ability in a variety of areas to make this project epic.
AnotherNode

Nodes That Serve

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 10:22:54 AM

6.11 block reward?

yup - it is ...

we are on nonce-pool ( private and invite only ) which you can use the 'standard' miners for ...

but it IS private and need to request to come in - due to the use of the 'standard' ( optimized in my case ) miners and the sharing of the private key to the pool ... unlike ocminers pool which does not share the private key ... but thats why its a private pool and invite only ...

we have NEVER had an issue there and continue to mine there - as the pool owner is trustworthy also ( like ocminer ) ...

we are not hitting as many blocks as we like due to our internet connection dropouts ( which is getting looked at today by the isp ) so hopefully we will be back up and running at full pace after today ...

if you want try out the pool - let the pool owner ( nonce-pool here on bct ) via pm ...

hope this helps ...

#crysx

Thanks!

I'm still trying to find my way around. The WU is so low.

Once I get a configuration working and then tested mining on my other rigs, I'll test out the pools.
chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2015, 01:07:19 PM

6.11 block reward?

yup - it is ...

hope this helps ...

#crysx

Thanks!

I'm still trying to find my way around. The WU is so low.

Once I get a configuration working and then tested mining on my other rigs, I'll test out the pools.

do you have issues with your configuration? ...

if there is any way i can help - let me know ...

#crysx

AnotherNode

Nodes That Serve

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 05:46:34 PM

-
do you have issues with your configuration? ...

if there is any way i can help - let me know ...

#crysx

Not sure yet. I'm coming on 24hours, have mined 28 blocks with ~7mhs and WU is starting to be consistent on all GPUs. Temps are good, no hardware errors, some rejects, hash rate is still about 2.2mhs per miner. still running stock configurations.

Thanks for offer. Will post pictures of miners later.
AnotherNode

Nodes That Serve

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 07:27:50 PM
Last edit: March 30, 2015, 07:55:39 PM by AnotherNode

Results are in.

Asrock mobo
Corsair 8GB RAM
Cheap CPU
Radeon AMD R9 290 x3
Corsair RM1000 80 Plus Gold 1000W

edit
Latest AMD drivers - checked with AMD Driver Autodetect
Found an Spreadcoinx11 SGminer on internet - checked for malware
Windows 7

34 Blocks in 24 hours

Hopefully I didn't post anything I shouldn't.
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 07:57:10 PM

Nice.

Looks about the same as my Tri-x cards.

Do you have a power meter?

coins101
Legendary

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 08:32:19 PM

34 Blocks in 24 hours

Does anyone else get similar results?
Pages: « 1 ... 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 [386] 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 »
  Print  

Jump to: