Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 09:28:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 [412] 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | True Decentralization (No Pools) | Testing New Masternodes  (Read 810025 times)
chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2828
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2015, 06:34:48 AM

OK guys, The fluid simulation has finished, now for the rendering...

Here is a full size picture:

http://s24.postimg.org/h6zgp7ggz/render.png

Small thumbnail:

Do I need colour changed to the wall or Spreadcoin or the water? (or maybe the lights)

nice ... what do you use for the rendering? ...

i would play with slight changes to color of the lights - blue maybe ... and the water a little more red ... which would possibly merge ( and highlight ) the spreadcoin purple type color ...

but the brighter the lights - the better i think ...

#crysx

e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2015, 07:12:56 AM
Last edit: April 25, 2015, 07:29:45 AM by e1ghtSpace

Small thumbnail:

Do I need colour changed to the wall or Spreadcoin or the water? (or maybe the lights)

nice ... what do you use for the rendering? ...

i would play with slight changes to color of the lights - blue maybe ... and the water a little more red ... which would possibly merge ( and highlight ) the spreadcoin purple type color ...

but the brighter the lights - the better i think ...

#crysx
I am using blender.

This has been rendering for about an hour and its only 63 frames/250 so far...

I like the old one better.
Scamalert

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

Captain

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 08:09:44 AM

I have been studying the whitepaper, I have a question:
I assume that so far no pool has been successfully made, or is there any know pools up?
How would the potential stealing reward software work in practice, if the Dev decide to realease such?

Your assumption is incorrect.

A group of people who trusted each other enough did form a SpreadX11 pool for a while in the past.  In theory, any of the participants could have stolen the other participants coins though.  Bottom line is, the block has to be signed with the private key which HAS to be shared with the whole pool.  If you have the private key you can steal the pools coins.

I suppose any pool can run off with your coins but the difference here is that any miner could run off with your coins with a SpreadX11 pool!

Very interesting, thank you for sharing. It makes a lot of sense.
With this concept it will not be possible to make monster pools like slush did, where anybody could sign up and submit shares.
This would wastly limit how large a pool could get.
Ofcause we could see a scenario where 2-3 large farms work togetter to make a monster spread pool...

I really like this feature (that monster pools cannot easyly be made), since pool is basicaly something central and not decentral. The more I read about spread coin the more I like. If you look at my post history you will see that I am very sceptic towards altcoin, this is basically the first one I am positive about (perhaps with the exeption of LTC).
Scamalert

Captain

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 08:13:24 AM

Small thumbnail:

Sorry if I ask a little stupid. What is the purpose of this picture?
Is it just "art" or will it be used for the official spread coin marketing material?
ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2015, 08:31:17 AM

I assume that so far no pool has been successfully made, or is there any know pools up?
How would the potential stealing reward software work in practice, if the Dev decide to realease such?

A group of people who trusted each other enough did form a SpreadX11 pool for a while in the past.  In theory, any of the participants could have stolen the other participants coins though.  Bottom line is, the block has to be signed with the private key which HAS to be shared with the whole pool.  If you have the private key you can steal the pools coins.

I suppose any pool can run off with your coins but the difference here is that any miner could run off with your coins with a SpreadX11 pool!

With this concept it will not be possible to make monster pools like slush did, where anybody could sign up and submit shares.
Ofcause we could see a scenario where 2-3 large farms work togetter to make a monster spread pool...

I really like this feature (that monster pools cannot easyly be made), since pool is basicaly something central and not decentral. The more I read about spread coin the more I like. If you look at my post history you will see that I am very sceptic towards altcoin, this is basically the first one I am positive about (perhaps with the exeption of LTC).

There is and was a public pool for a long time already:

https://spr.suprnova.cc

"They" try to not spread the info though.. And it has never been added to official pages/announcements etc.

I basically stopped work on the pool so far and also all other pools who first had interest on the source don't have it anymore since this coin died - more or less - IF it even lives up again I can compile new miners and also give the source to any other pool interested.

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 08:38:22 AM

Small thumbnail:

Is it just "art" or will it be used for the official spread coin marketing material?

I asked him to think about coordinating with a couple of others to produce a promo video, for a bounty. I think he is racing ahead without out!

Back story: I think he has a fat finger and did a trade he didn't mean to. lol. Trying to get him doing something productive rather than trading and losing his money  Grin

coins101
Legendary

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 08:43:36 AM
Last edit: April 25, 2015, 09:45:25 AM by coins101

-snip-

"They" try to not spread the info though.. And it has never been added to official pages/announcements etc.

I basically stopped work on the pool so far and also all other pools who first had interest on the source don't have it anymore since this coin died - more or less - IF it even lives up again I can compile new miners and also give the source to any other pool interested.

I added pools in the last update:

-snip-
Others: Private pools / mining

Ocminer - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=715435.msg10921076#msg10921076
nonce-pool

Optimized miner (fees apply) - WolfO https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=80740

-snip-

If people want to take the risk with pools, that's up to them. From my perspective, multipools should not be practical and that is a big win.
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 08:53:34 AM

A quick sneak peak of how the new website & Ann thread will look like, and what kind of design elements they will include:

I will use a lot of such animations to visualize every aspect of spreadcoin and its servicenodes.
(they won't be GIFs when finalized but javascript driven realtime animations, but I will have to use GIFs for the ann thread here.)

PS: those simulations are not very accurate and are only here for visualisation purposes.

@e1ghtSpace

Maybe wait for Georgem to release an update before doing a promo video?

As an alternative, you could do a couple of 'how to set-up a wallet, download a miner and solo mine SPR, on windows, mac and linux, and post them to your youtube account? same bounty, 500 spr.
e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2015, 09:01:53 AM

Aww god damnit I accidentially typed 1000 sats instead of 10000 sats and sold.
Ah well, I guess thats what you don't value your actions or something...

Did you do this? It's really good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWBfT_5q0fo

If you can do an SPR promo video, we'll get a bounty for you. I'll start it with 500 SPR.

edit

don't just run off and create something. get some input from various people about the content of the video first  Wink
Welp, I did not see that edit. Georgem didn't need anything done btw.

A quick sneak peak of how the new website & Ann thread will look like, and what kind of design elements they will include:

I will use a lot of such animations to visualize every aspect of spreadcoin and its servicenodes.
(they won't be GIFs when finalized but javascript driven realtime animations, but I will have to use GIFs for the ann thread here.)

PS: those simulations are not very accurate and are only here for visualisation purposes.

@e1ghtSpace

As an alternative, you could do a couple of 'how to set-up a wallet, download a miner and solo mine SPR, on windows, mac and linux, and post them to your youtube account? same bounty, 500 spr.
I can only do Windows, is that ok?
stonehedge
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1002

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 09:02:36 AM

Small thumbnail:

I asked him to think about coordinating with a couple of others to produce a promo video, for a bounty. I think he is racing ahead without out!

Back story: I think he has a fat finger and did a trade he didn't mean to. lol. Trying to get him doing something productive rather than trading and losing his money  Grin

So thats why you set me that objective the other day Wink
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 09:06:55 AM

Small thumbnail:

So thats why you set me that objective the other day Wink

Guilty, as charged. It's a fair cop  Grin

But it was a very productive outcome, that could generate more than the odd flutter  Wink
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 09:09:34 AM

Aww god damnit I accidentially typed 1000 sats instead of 10000 sats and sold.
Ah well, I guess thats what you don't value your actions or something...

Did you do this? It's really good.

If you can do an SPR promo video, we'll get a bounty for you. I'll start it with 500 SPR.

edit

don't just run off and create something. get some input from various people about the content of the video first  Wink
Welp, I did not see that edit. Georgem didn't need anything done btw.

@e1ghtSpace

I can only do Windows, is that ok?

Deal. But, you need to get three members of the community to review the vid on youtube and confirm the release of the bounty  Smiley
chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2015, 09:18:21 AM

which we would still like to participate in - and would still like the source to compile our miners for the farm ... sgminer and ccminer ...

all of the farm miners are on nonce-pool when we do mine spr ...

we like the way this works - the whole pool situation ...

i personally think that even though the private key is the 'wild card' here and the source of the 'no pools' resistance - ocminer has done a good job from what i can see from the out looking in ...

but as it stands - nonce-pool IS a trusted member of the community - AND his pool works fine without any special miners ( as we use the private optimized version of sp's ccminer for spreadx11 on nonce-pool - but have no working version of sgminer for the amd cards ) so we continue to mine intermittently on his pool ...

so there ARE pools AND they have been around for a while ( even though we have not mined on ocminers pools ) means that the coin itself hasnt failed - but merely that ONE portion of the plan of the coin has been cracked open - and the methodology of development needs to be malleable enough to go with it ...

we think that there is a huge gain in the 'pools' system ... it makes it by far an easier system to mine ... especially with those of us that have farms and DONT want to continuously change miners EVERYTIME we decide to mine spr ...

#crysx

gjhiggins
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1278

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2015, 09:56:56 AM

we think that there is a huge gain in the 'pools' system ... it makes it by far an easier system to mine ... especially with those of us that have farms and DONT want to continuously change miners EVERYTIME we decide to mine spr ...

Your argument would probably receive a lot more attention if you could show how your notion supports the community in general rather than the benefits being confined to just one special interest group.

Cheers

Graham
Scamalert

Captain

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 10:52:53 AM

Does it make sense to dig out the good old GPU miner from the storage room?
I mean, will the electricity cost be justified by current or mid-term exhange rate of Spread?

I am acutally seriously considering getting back into mining, with this coin.
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 11:03:08 AM

===========Alert===========

Proof MrSpread is still out there, still using SPR.
Is he secretly working behind the scene's on SPR still?

A few days ago one of MrSpreads wallets showed activity.

Has anyone got MrSpreads real SPR address?

Yes.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=715435.msg8620397#msg8620397

You have to do some following as he consolidated around 12 Feb, which sounded to me like he was backing up to one location before deciding to go MIA.

Edit

Is Mr.Spread moving coins again?

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/spr/address.dws?SP7jrxYeGdEiTSsSQtnSr9UCXtEpuHYigv.htm

Mr.Spread: Are you testing?

Here are MrSpreads known addresses.

I'm now acting like a misbehaving dev, I already announced that there will be a relaunch and now I will probably change my opinion. Somebody may have stopped mining because of my announcement. Well, lets see how this donating will go.

I made an address for everyone who expressed intention to donate:
A-tM: Sfakp1H9msXAohGmnb2T7NWrtcBdwSxbid
girino: Sfj7CRRDetVRwztPMiKmC1bpjTaWKE7og3
zeca pagodinho: SQywGv9woKnvKRtrmbAQFzcZoQEx15vXQq
BITDV: SivziBM1qtAPMGn2FmAfzkuSqmFfut9zcf
Frigga77: SUyJUjU9dtJnWFg6BeLonGQRaQfBSG979C

I hope that I didn't miss anyone, anyway there is an address for everyone else:
SS2aRn8FLn7BR62Decbi3UQzRE8asPpSe7

EDIT: Note that resulting transaction may be large because you have many small inputs, so it may take some time to create this transaction, your wallet may appear to be not responding during that time.

All the above wallets were consolidated to one wallet SP7jrxYeGdEiTSsSQtnSr9UCXtEpuHYigv on 2015-02-15.

Out of the blue on the 2015-04-05, 10,300 SPR was moved to SMXteAtnxKNY3m1gsiYoVi5zVARoiqGvnm

Cool right?! Well it gets better!

On 2015/04/24 from the SMXte wallet, a 7500 SPR transaction was received.
This 7500 SPR was from two wallets ShzuSQb6HmPyBZY8VFrfNjqfijNVqVXb3T and SNLYhqStUdEUhPtS5FtpszL26q1EA3piiX

If you continue to dig deep enough you will be led to wallets that have several transactions per day for the last few weeks.

IMO, this is conclusive evidence MrSpread is still out there and very much so working on Spreadcoin... In what way i do not know.

This is now The Hunt For Spread October:

coins101
Legendary

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 11:04:59 AM

I mean, will the electricity cost be justified by current or mid-term exhange rate of Spread?

You should be ok for short-term and mid-term mining profit at these levels of difficulty.

But there are so many variables. Wolfo also has an optimised miner, with a percentage that goes to him, I think. never used it.
Scamalert

Captain

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 11:07:12 AM

You should be ok for short-term and mid-term mining profit at these levels of difficulty.

But there are so many variables. Wolfo also has an optimised miner, with a percentage that goes to him, I think. never used it.

Allright, I will do my own estimates before digging in, just want to have a loose broad cast on the profit aspect. Thanks Smiley

Can you fill me in what this is all about "This is now The Hunt For Spread October" ?
I can understand that it is something about Mr. Spread and the relaunch.
But there is way to many post to read through to figure out what is going on.
(I have only been involved in this coin for a week or so).
e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2015, 11:15:41 AM

OK guys, heres the animation that took 7 hours to make.

https://youtu.be/PKiwICkw8Fw

I don't even know why I bother, I pretty much wasted my whole day.
chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2015, 11:54:50 AM

Your argument would probably receive a lot more attention if you could show how your notion supports the community in general rather than the benefits being confined to just one special interest group.

Cheers

Graham

i agree graham ... but how? ...

community support when there is no real data on what the community actually wants ...

i can only speak from experience so far ... a decentralized system is great if you can actually create one that is not censored nor 'centralized' by being regulated by ONE body ...

we are still at the beginning of the crypto industry - all of which are still being pushed by the government and the laws that will accommodated 'them' into controlling what gets done with what and how ...

pools themselves are no more centralized than anyone ( yes - im pointing at the so called 'big' farms - privately owned or run by the government themselves or not ) that can act like a huge pool even if there was no central place to mine ...

apart from that - the notion that one can actually localize mining to ones wallet - and ONLY ones wallet - is a quaint notion ... but thats all it is ...

THE most successful coins that can be seen in history so far and today are the ones that not so much 'invent' new ways of doing things or develop new strategies - it usually is simply how much MONEY ( yes FIAT ) one makes from these alts and what they can be traded back to ... normally btc and / or fiat ...

so why make something more difficult to mine or accrue? ... especially when all that going to happen is what already HAS happened ... and will again ...

trade back for fiat by the vast majority ...

edit - the post below your message proves my point ... no offence @scamalert ...

Smiley ...

#crysx

Pages: « 1 ... 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 [412] 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 »
  Print  

Jump to: