Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 01:14:59 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 ... 434 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | True Decentralization (No Pools) | Testing New Masternodes  (Read 810026 times)
Juantzy

Activity: 122
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 27, 2014, 07:13:37 AM

wish to see Mr.Spread to add more fancy features into this great coin~~  Smiley
Mentioned to M Spread earlier, since no pools and stats, maybe we can add some other kind of graph or informations to Qt to monitor mining.
What kind of stats would you like to see? Local hashrate will be mostly constant I think.
I strongly recommend Dev to add P2P chat funtion like talkcoin (which is dying for its dev is a scamer).https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=619210
Since SPR has no pool,mining means the wallet is online ,which is the same with talkcoin.
Dev,plz consider my advice.
BTW: I appreciate your efforts made in the past months,thanks.

Mikolo

Activity: 121
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 27, 2014, 07:42:32 AM

Coinmarketcap lists only AllCrypt as exchange: http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/spreadcoin/#markets
This causes it to underestimate volume. I requested to add two other exchanges.
I asked them to add BetaShareX few days ago, yet they didn't added it. Maybe they don't like this exchange for some reason.
Juantzy

View Profile
November 27, 2014, 08:01:13 AM

Coinmarketcap lists only AllCrypt as exchange: http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/spreadcoin/#markets
I asked them to add BetaShareX few days ago, yet they didn't added it. Maybe they don't like this exchange for some reason.
Don't worry,c-cex may add SPR next week.

Mr. Spread (OP)

Activity: 210

View Profile
November 27, 2014, 08:08:35 AM

BetaShareX is listed for other coins, I think it will just take them some time to add it.

P2P chat is a good idea, almost no one sits on our IRC channel, maybe built-in chat will be more popular.

Developer of SpreadCoin
firefighters

Activity: 118

View Profile
November 27, 2014, 09:24:03 AM

BetaShareX is listed for other coins, I think it will just take them some time to add it.

P2P chat is a good idea, almost no one sits on our IRC channel, maybe built-in chat will be more popular.
yes,more importantly,in current market,there is no such a block-based  P2P anonomous wallet since the tac scam.
Dev,if such feature is added into SPR,it must be a market hit in the next month.

th00ber

Activity: 789
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 27, 2014, 10:58:07 AM

Bittrex ? Why not contact them ?
Mr. Spread (OP)

View Profile
November 27, 2014, 12:17:39 PM

yes,more importantly,in current market,there is no such a block-based  P2P anonomous wallet since the tac scam.
Dev,if such feature is added into SPR,it must be a market hit in the next month.
I was thinking more about public chat where you can discuss SpreadCoin. Not blockchain based. Like irc channel but p2p and built into the wallet.
For anonymous p2p messaging there are applications designed just for that without any cryptocurrencies. Bitmessage is one of them, I didn't use it though, don't know how good is it but you don't need to pay for messages.

Developer of SpreadCoin
antonio8
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 27, 2014, 01:58:51 PM
Last edit: November 27, 2014, 02:39:36 PM by antonio8

Hello fellow enthusiasts!

If my hashrate would have been 6.5 mh, how often should I have found the block, an average ?

I can see 4 out of 6 rigs successfully connecting to one wallet for mining , but 2 others are getting
Code:
[2014-11-24 12:06:19] HTTP request failed: Operation timed out after 30997 milli
seconds with 0 out of -1 bytes received
[2014-11-24 12:06:19] json_rpc_call failed, retry after 30 seconds
is there any limit on amount of connected rigs per wallet ?

6.5 MH/s out of 280 MH/s network hashrate would give you an average block time of 45ish minutes.

Default number of RPC threads in the wallet is 4, increasing that will allow for more connections to be handled. Command line or .conf, rpcthreads=somethinglargerthan4.

I had the same issue and increased the rpcthreads to 15 and had no issues.

Now I get the same issue and my second rig will not connect. I have restarted the wallet just to make sure but it did not help.

Edit: It seems that I had a wireless internet connection problem. I switched that rig over to the 5ghz band and now everything is fine.

If you are going to leave your BTC on an exchange please send it to this address instead 1GH3ub3UUHbU5qDJW5u3E9jZ96ZEmzaXtG, I will at least use the money better than someone who steals it from the exchange. Thanks Wink
tbearhere
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 27, 2014, 08:08:00 PM

The key is creating the spreadcoin.conf file.
It should reside in ...\Appdata\Roaming\Spreadcoin folder.

content of my file:
Code:
daemon=1
listen=1
server=1
rpcuser=your_username
rpcpassword=your_password
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcport=37333

then you need to start your miner with the correct credentials and settings:
spreadminer.bat content:
Code:
spreadminer -o http://127.0.0.1:37333 -u your_username -p your_password

Port number can be different of course, but it needs to be unused by another app in your system.

Regards,
Andy

thank you  Smiley
And how would i send my hash to the same wallet from my 2nd computer through the internet ?
Mr. Spread (OP)

View Profile
November 27, 2014, 08:43:55 PM

thank you  Smiley
And how would i send my hash to the same wallet from my 2nd computer through the internet ?

Here is how:
Also you can mine to a specific address (this is useful if you are mining on several computers). To do so:
1. Use existing or better generate a new address.
2. Open debug console (Tools -> Debug Console) and enter:
dumpprivkey SYourSpreadCoinAddress
3. You will get your private key. Then open spreadcoin.conf or create it if it doesn't exist (D:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\SpreadCoin\spreadcoin.conf on Windows) and add the following line:
miningprivkey=YourPrivateKey
4. Restart your wallet if it was running.
In the Mining tab you will now see notification that all mined coins will go to this address.
Of course you need to generate address and get privkey on one computer and edit spreadcoin.conf on the other.

Developer of SpreadCoin
batica

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 27, 2014, 09:05:49 PM

thank you  Smiley

Here is how:
Also you can mine to a specific address (this is useful if you are mining on several computers). To do so:
3. You will get your private key. Then open spreadcoin.conf or create it if it doesn't exist (D:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\SpreadCoin\spreadcoin.conf on Windows) and add the following line:
In the Mining tab you will now see notification that all mined coins will go to this address.
Of course you need to generate address and get privkey on one computer and edit spreadcoin.conf on the other.

What is the difference between mining in one wallet with privatekey with several computers and mining with a more wallets especially?
tbearhere
Legendary

View Profile
November 27, 2014, 09:49:37 PM

thank you  Smiley

Here is how:

What is the difference between mining in one wallet with privatekey with several computers and mining with a more wallets especially?
the wallet uses electricity = $
tbearhere
Legendary

View Profile
November 27, 2014, 09:50:13 PM
Last edit: November 27, 2014, 10:56:40 PM by tbearhere

thank you  Smiley

Here is how:
Thank you  Smiley

EDIT: this is for gpu hash to goto wallet. 2 computers
pokeytex
Legendary

Activity: 1504
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 02:38:06 AM

thank you  Smiley

Here is how:

This part confuses me - I need to open my wallet on the second computer in order to solo mine.  If I don't open the wallet I get json errors.  Does the wallet have to be open on both rigs in order to solo mine?  And at this point aren't I still burning electricity?

tsiv

Activity: 137

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 04:17:11 AM

thank you  Smiley

Here is how:

This part confuses me - I need to open my wallet on the second computer in order to solo mine.  If I don't open the wallet I get json errors.  Does the wallet have to be open on both rigs in order to solo mine?  And at this point aren't I still burning electricity?

You only need one wallet running. On the computer running the wallet you point your miner to 127.0.0.1 and on the other computer you point it to the computer that's running the wallet.

Computer 1, with wallet: miner.exe -o 127.0.0.1:41677
Computer 2: miner.exe -o ip.of.wallet.computer:41677

Don't put gen=1 into the conf, that makes the wallet run the internal CPU miner and that's a waste of electricity at these network hash rates. Something like this would do the trick, add the miningprivkey parameter if you want, personally I don't use it.

Code:
server=1
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcallowip=192.168.1.*
rpcuser=yourrpcusername
rpcpassword=yourrpcpassword

The first rpcallowip allows RPC connections from the same computer that is running the wallet. The second rpcallowip is needed to allow connections from the other computer, change the IP to whatever your local network is.

Or you can run the wallet on both computer, as long as you don't use gen=1 it doesn't really hurt but you'll have to deal with having two separate wallets and moving coins from them separately.
Juantzy

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 04:30:06 AM

Dev,could you please  compile the optimized GPU miner?  Huh

pokeytex
Legendary

Activity: 1504
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 01:58:42 PM
Last edit: November 28, 2014, 02:10:05 PM by pokeytex

thank you  Smiley

Here is how:

This part confuses me - I need to open my wallet on the second computer in order to solo mine.  If I don't open the wallet I get json errors.  Does the wallet have to be open on both rigs in order to solo mine?  And at this point aren't I still burning electricity?

You only need one wallet running. On the computer running the wallet you point your miner to 127.0.0.1 and on the other computer you point it to the computer that's running the wallet.

Don't put gen=1 into the conf, that makes the wallet run the internal CPU miner and that's a waste of electricity at these network hash rates. Something like this would do the trick, add the miningprivkey parameter if you want, personally I don't use it.

Code:
server=1
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcallowip=192.168.1.*
rpcuser=yourrpcusername

The first rpcallowip allows RPC connections from the same computer that is running the wallet. The second rpcallowip is needed to allow connections from the other computer, change the IP to whatever your local network is.

Or you can run the wallet on both computer, as long as you don't use gen=1 it doesn't really hurt but you'll have to deal with having two separate wallets and moving coins from them separately.

Ok - so just to confirm - I do not need my wallet running on the second machine to get it to mine?  I will try this setup and see if it works - thank you.

Edit - ok I tried it without the wallet on the second machine running and it gets the json error when I open the miner.  I must be missing something?

antonio8
Legendary

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 02:37:51 PM

thank you  Smiley

Here is how:

Code:
server=1
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcallowip=192.168.1.*
rpcuser=yourrpcusername

Ok - so just to confirm - I do not need my wallet running on the second machine to get it to mine?  I will try this setup and see if it works - thank you.

Edit - ok I tried it without the wallet on the second machine running and it gets the json error when I open the miner.  I must be missing something?

If you are on Windows. Go to the computer with wallet and open the command window and type ipconfig then look for your IPv4 Address. Make sure you use that ip address in your bat on the non wallet computer.

Example. If wallet computer ipv4 address is 192.192.1.921 your bat should look something like this:  spreadminer -o http://192.192.1.921:41667 -u USERNAME -p PASSWORD

I also use rpcport=41667 in my config file. If you change anything in your confige file you must restart the wallet.

NOTE: I am a rookie compared to tsiv but this is how I solo mine from multiple computers to the main with the wallet. I have other steps that I must do but they are not the most secure way that I have read about how I do it but it works fine for me. Been mining at time a total of 3 computers into the one with the wallet.

If you are going to leave your BTC on an exchange please send it to this address instead 1GH3ub3UUHbU5qDJW5u3E9jZ96ZEmzaXtG, I will at least use the money better than someone who steals it from the exchange. Thanks Wink
Mr. Spread (OP)

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 03:36:48 PM

If you are on Windows. Go to the computer with wallet and open the command window and type ipconfig then look for your IPv4 Address. Make sure you use that ip address in your bat on the non wallet computer.

Example. If wallet computer ipv4 address is 192.192.1.921 your bat should look something like this:  spreadminer -o http://192.192.1.921:41667 -u USERNAME -p PASSWORD

I also use rpcport=41667 in my config file. If you change anything in your confige file you must restart the wallet.

NOTE: I am a rookie compared to tsiv but this is how I solo mine from multiple computers to the main with the wallet. I have other steps that I must do but they are not the most secure way that I have read about how I do it but it works fine for me. Been mining at time a total of 3 computers into the one with the wallet.
Running JSON RPC over internet is insecure. It allows any intermediate node to intercept your communications (including your RPC password). This is especially dangerous if you are mining on unlocked wallet because it would allow to steal your coins.

This article describes how to use secure RPC connections: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Enabling_SSL_on_original_client_daemon

Of course you can instead assume that your internet provider is not interested in stealing your information as well as anyone else who has access to your traffic (NSA maybe).

Developer of SpreadCoin
antonio8
Legendary

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 03:51:06 PM

Example. If wallet computer ipv4 address is 192.192.1.921 your bat should look something like this:  spreadminer -o http://192.192.1.921:41667 -u USERNAME -p PASSWORD

Running JSON RPC over internet is insecure. It allows any intermediate node to intercept your communications (including your RPC password). This is especially dangerous if you are mining on unlocked wallet because it would allow to steal your coins.

This article describes how to use secure RPC connections: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Enabling_SSL_on_original_client_daemon

Of course you can instead assume that your internet provider is not interested in stealing your information as well as anyone else who has access to your traffic (NSA maybe).

Thanks for the link. I'll try and make sence of that.

I know I am running very insecure that is why i put that Note in there for him to read.

But curious question if you can answer, kinda off topic, Wouldn't my router block all incoming traffic? I have all my wallets running on wireless rigs. I am not concerned about my IP provider or even the NSA,if the NSA wnats something from me I am pretty sure they can get it with my limited knowledge in computer programming and all.

Thanks

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 ... 434 »
  Print  

Jump to: