Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:24:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 ... 434 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | True Decentralization (No Pools) | Testing New Masternodes  (Read 810025 times)
NoobKidOnTheBlock

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 10:55:51 PM

But ya I can't mine SpreadCoin from my laptop right now cause I only get 11kh/s which don't get you coins too often lmao
Lol. I remember a long time ago I left my laptop on all day while I went to school. 11kh/s. And got home and I had 1 block!
Then I mined with my desktop for 3 hours @ 100 khash/s and didn't get 1 single block.
LOL that's hilarious bro that's exactly what happened with my first SpreadCoin block I found lol left my laptop overnight and woke up with 6.46 Spread in my wallet then I did some more research and realized the potential of this coin and now I'm pretty much all in lmao

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇
............NoobKidOnThe.BLOCK.....

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2014, 11:16:18 PM

I just had a chat with Bittrex-Bill, he's going to take a look over Spread, said he wasn't aware of it. I gave him the TL;DR about the block header innovation, possible masternodes, Mr. Spread's track record as a dev on this project, etc. He seemed positive about it and said he'd put it on the list for consideration. Smiley
Yay! This is good. I wonder how many coin requests bitters gets every day.
NoobKidOnTheBlock

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 11:29:23 PM

I just had a chat with Bittrex-Bill, he's going to take a look over Spread, said he wasn't aware of it. I gave him the TL;DR about the block header innovation, possible masternodes, Mr. Spread's track record as a dev on this project, etc. He seemed positive about it and said he'd put it on the list for consideration. Smiley
OMFG!!!!!!! That is absolutely amazing news!!! I've been harassing every exchange on twitter the last two weeks to add SpreadCoin lol If Bittrex adds SpreadCoin then we will definitely see BIG MONEY flowing into that coin for sure!! Well hopefully I will be writing Congratulating Mr. Spread on his coin getting added to Bittrex in the near future Wink Cheers everyone!!

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

NoobKidOnTheBlock

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 11:51:39 PM

OMFG!!!!!!! That is absolutely amazing news!!! I've been harassing every exchange on twitter the last two weeks to add SpreadCoin lol If Bittrex adds SpreadCoin then we will definitely see BIG MONEY flowing into that coin for sure!! Well hopefully I will be writing Congratulating Mr. Spread on his coin getting added to Bittrex in the near future Wink Cheers everyone!!

I just wanna be able to trade SPR off of C-Cex (and some place with volume Tongue). I've heard too many issues lately with C-Cex messing with people's withdrawals and "lost funds" etc. I refuse to trade there. BitTrex would be great exposure though, many people trade alts purely on that site.
Actually come to think of it I purchased 15000 EUPH off c-cex and I only got like 14735 or something like that?  C-cex sucks balls anyways!!

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

Mr. Spread (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 11:52:59 PM

I have submitted another potential issue to DarkCoin dev, its significance is hard to estimate but I guess it already affected many people in a minor way, they just haven't noticed it.

I now have feeling that I'm working more on DarkCoin instead of SpreadCoin, I need to fix that. While integrating DarkCoin features is a longer term project, in a shorter term I want to make some improvements to the SpreadCoin wallet. In particular, I want to improve syncing time, right now it is too slow.

Developer of SpreadCoin
e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2014, 11:58:19 PM

In particular, I want to improve syncing time, right now it is too slow.
Is that because of having smaller transactions so the cpu is used more?
Mr. Spread (OP)

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 12:16:05 AM

May I also propose a few more suggestions, beyond the fixing / upgrading of the masternode payments system?
Of course, very interesting suggestions.

1) Block time of 1 minute could create bloat in the long run and might need upward adjustment. It is also worth looking into a mini-blockchain integration. If InstantX is also copied from Darkcoin in the future (something that only coins with masternodes can emulate - and spreadcoin will be in that position), block time can be safely revised upwards.
Don't forget that this is solo only coin. Block time should be low to allow people with less hashrate to mine.

7) CPU mining is ideal in the way it is conducted through the menu, but the mining speed should be faster / more optimized for certain architectures and instruction sets. This needs some work.

It would be ideal if GPU mining can also be integrated or "associated" from the mining menu... ie spreadcoin-qt calling the gpu miner program with the right parameters (that the newbie user doesn't know how to setup).
I spent some time optimizing integrated CPU miner before GPU miners appeared but it probably requires more work though. Note that this hashrate should be lower than in X11 by design because mining algorithm itself is slower.

10) Quantum-resistance: The ECDSA of Bitcoin / Bitcoin clones is not quantum-computing resistant. This means that once a public key is known, a private key is weaker against a QC attack.

I believe there can be two solutions for this issue: Changing the algorithms to QC-resistant and thus creating the first QC-resistant altcoin (there is the possibility that they might introduce bloat). Alternatively a work-around QC-resistance can be created through a checkbox. When ticked, all addresses with even one spend transaction will have their funds moved, automatically, to new addresses with zero spends. This will prevent the pub key from being publicly known (and thus being reversed), if and when a QC attack occurs / if and when a QC is developed and deployed. Futureproofing in this way could create a new way of crypto-diversification asset to counter a QC-attack risk (that will leave vulnerable the other coins).
I was investigating quantum-resistance some time ago. It appears that all quantum resistant digital signature algorithms have insane key and signature sizes which makes them completely impractical to store in blockchain. Your proposed future-proofing won't work, to spend any of your "secured" coins you would still need to reveal your public key.

Developer of SpreadCoin
e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2014, 12:18:02 AM

WTF market is disabled! https://betasharex.com/trade/SPR/BTC
I just sold 600 coins to buy some cheap here and i find out it is disabled! WTF!

mdsn

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 12:21:34 AM

I just sold 600 coins to buy some cheap here and i find out it is disabled! WTF!

http://s21.postimg.org/dcjhwhapz/WTF.png

betasharex has had SPR on hold for a long while now. They also say SPR is On Hold on left side of their website.
Mr. Spread (OP)

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 12:21:53 AM

In particular, I want to improve syncing time, right now it is too slow.
Is that because of having smaller transactions so the cpu is used more?
No, transaction verification speed is the same, maybe even faster than in Bitcoin. It is because of slower PoW algorithm. Right now it is checked several times for each received block, this should be fixed. Once we will have more transactions PoW checking time will become less important than transaction verification time.

Developer of SpreadCoin
e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2014, 12:22:23 AM

betasharex has had SPR on hold for a long while now. They also say SPR is On Hold on left side of their website.
I missed that because if was really far down on the left off the screen.
e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2014, 12:42:05 AM

Ok guys here is the batch file that I made. It creates a mining batch file for you.
I hope it is noob friendly.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s71ju7vjwkaj3q9/SpreadcoinMinerConfig.bat?dl=0

Please post suggestions to help improve it.

Make sure to put the .bat file into the same directory as the miner.

Once it finishes it creates spreadcoinminer.bat, and you run this to mine.

Maybe I can make back my lost coins from donations. Smiley
NoobKidOnTheBlock

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 02:20:36 AM

Ok guys here is the batch file that I made. It creates a mining batch file for you.

So when I download this dropbox file thingy where do I put it? Cause I'll tell you if it works and gladly give you some SPREAD if it helps me get more hash outta my miner but I'm so Noobish I need direct step by step instructions to do this shit lol

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2014, 02:23:20 AM

So when I download this dropbox file thingy where do I put it? Cause I'll tell you if it works and gladly give you some SPREAD if it helps me get more hash outta my miner but I'm so Noobish I need direct step by step instructions to do this shit lol

It won't really help you get more hashes. It just creates the batch file you use to mine.
digital_money

Activity: 56

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 02:25:22 AM

It's really a wise decision for Mr.spread to integrate masternodes and darksend into SPR,which attract drk fan to SPR community. Grin
NoobKidOnTheBlock

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 02:25:54 AM

It won't really help you get more hashes. It just creates the batch file you use to mine.
ya but I can just click mining in my spread wallet so what would this do that is different?

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

NoobKidOnTheBlock

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 02:32:56 AM

ya but I can just click mining in my spread wallet so what would this do that is different?
also where would I find my RPCusername and RPCpassword??

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

digital_money

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 02:33:18 AM

click mining in the spread wallet is CPU mining,which you can hardly mine anything now with the net hashrate of 2.8GH/s.
digital_money

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 02:41:07 AM

also where would I find my RPCusername and RPCpassword??
in the file of spreadcoin.conf
NoobKidOnTheBlock

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 02:42:45 AM

click mining in the spread wallet is CPU mining,which you can hardly mine anything now with the net hashrate of 2.8GH/s.
okay but how will I still find out what my RPCusername and RPCpassphrase is?

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

Pages: « 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 ... 434 »
  Print  

Jump to: