Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 04:16:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [SHUTTING DOWN] [DiceBitco.in | BE THE BANK ! | 1% House Edge]  (Read 102243 times)
kolloh
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1023

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 09:08:20 PM

This is a pretty bad situation. Intentionally stealing from users in this manner. I am glad this was caught and brought to light.

This can't be good for the site's credibility.
smalltimer50

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 09:12:37 PM

What is the earliest someone detected a skipped nounce on a string of their bets? When was this "employee" (yeah right) hired?

The thing that I'm trying to wrap my head around is why didn't the site owner just steal undetectably by just knowing the server seeds? Is this just pure stupidity and boldness in trying to skim the profits? I'd love some more theories.

Last statement: Even if this story is 100% true (newsflash: it is not) the site owner is a complete idiot for letting a days old "employee" let code go live without checking the code. At BEST the site owner does not know how to run a business and is completely reckless. Another day in Bitcoin scam land.

cHoCo

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 09:12:52 PM

But 1 thing doesn't add up to DiceBitcoin's story. Why wouldn't the new guy just implement a code to auto withdraw a little bit in the hot wallet every now and then (draining it completely over time).. Doesn't add up.

The new developer apparently had the ability to put whatever changes he wanted live.

The obvious thing to do would be to allow himself to see his server seed. Then he could win undetectably whenever he wanted.

The way the site was stealing from players in a very obvious way makes no sense that I can see other than as an act of sabotage.

I'd like to note that dicebitco.in does not show the bet ID in all bets/high bets thus it wouldn't be very likely for someone to notice a nonce skip especially if this was only effecting users wagering large amounts. There is no way to audit results of other users without them sharing. This is my counter to dooglus's argument that this seems too obvious and appears to be sabotage. Heading out for now, I've left feedback for the time being.

Stunna, I thought you said you will not post in this thread any more and now you are the loudest and want DB to go down only for your gain. You should work on removing that negative trust you have on your account instead of spending your time here. Did you really risk 300BTC in DB? Where you gambling there or  investing?
Let the people who were affected deal with them, you have your buggy site to fix.

cHoCo

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 09:16:00 PM

What is the earliest someone detected a skipped nounce on a string of their bets? When was this "employee" (yeah right) hired?

The thing that I'm trying to wrap my head around is why didn't the site owner just steal undetectably by just knowing the server seeds? Is this just pure stupidity and boldness in trying to skim the profits? I'd love some more theories.

Last statement: Even if this story is 100% true (newsflash: it is not) the site owner is a complete idiot for letting a days old "employee" let code go live without checking the code. At BEST the site owner does not know how to run a business and is completely reckless. Another day in Bitcoin scam land.

My guess is that they wanted profit to go up so more people invest, more money invested, more easily you can play against investors unnoticed. Hard to play against investors when site profit is 50btc

dogedice.me

Activity: 776
Merit: 522

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2014, 09:20:29 PM

Yes, trusting random new people to change the site's code is crazy.

And I really don't see why anyone would chose to rob a few users in a very obvious way when they have the option of stealing using the seeds in an invisible way, forever.

If the "anonymous dev"-story is true, there's an explanation for this possibly:
The new dev didnt have access to the server seeds. So he cant steal directly.

But by making some players lose more, the site has a higher profit. Gains more commission. Dev's cut is worth more coins.
He had access to code, the simplest thing ever is to allow to set server seed from player, or to somehow reveal it to the player with for example post command or special crafted cookie which even wont be logged into nginx\apache log.

.BitDice.               ▄▄███▄▄
           ▄▄██▀▀ ▄ ▀▀██▄▄
      ▄▄█ ▀▀  ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▀ █▄▄
  ▄▄██▀▀     ▀▀ █████ ▀▀     ▀▀██▄▄
██▀▀ ▄▄██▀      ▀███▀      ▀██▄▄ ▀▀██
██  ████▄▄       ███       ▄▄████  ██
██  █▀▀████▄▄  ▄█████▄  ▄▄████▀▀█  ██
██  ▀     ▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀     ▀  ██
             ███████████
██  ▄     ▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄     ▄  ██
██  █▄▄████▀▀  ▀█████▀  ▀▀████▄▄█  ██
██  ████▀▀       ███       ▀▀████  ██
██▄▄ ▀▀██▄      ▄███▄      ▄██▀▀ ▄▄██
  ▀▀██▄▄     ▄▄ █████ ▄▄     ▄▄██▀▀
      ▀▀█ ▄▄  ▀▀█████▀▀  ▄▄ █▀▀
           ▀▀██▄▄ ▀ ▄▄██▀▀
               ▀▀███▀▀
        ▄▄███████▄▄
     ▄███████████████▄
    ████▀▀       ▀▀████
   ████▀           ▀████
   ████             ████
   ████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ████
▄█████████████████████████▄
██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████████
████                   ████
████▄                 ▄████
████████▄▄▄     ▄▄▄████████
  ▀▀▀█████████████████▀▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
▄▄████████████████████████████████▄▄
██████████████████████████████████████
█████                            █████
█████                     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
█████                   ██          ██
██████████████████▀▀███ ██          ██
 ████████████████▄  ▄██ ██          ██
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██          ██
             ██████████ ██          ██
           ▄███████████ ██████▀▀██████
          █████████████  ▀████▄▄████▀
[/]
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2014, 09:21:04 PM

If you lose X in a row odds will increase that your bet will come up and win soon (or vice versa).

Not true.

Not that it matter in this shitstorm, just wanted to point out gambler's fallacy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gambler's_fallacy
DiceBitcoin (OP)

Activity: 84

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2014, 09:25:46 PM

I am sorry if i dont reply fast, i keep refreshing hot wallet(just sent 2k coins more).

What just makes me sad, apart from the big blow of the site, is that people miss the picture.

So we wanted to cheat. And scam.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE explain me why i am refunding people from my wallet AND didnt simply take the 7k coins and GO?

That goes to Stunna as well, which he didnt lose opportunity to put me a negative trust. I guess this fuckup is the perfect gift for him.

Oh well.

You are free to charge me with whatever accusations you wish. But scammer : no. Last time i checked in my books, scammers dont return the loot of their"scam". Just saying.

DiceBitco.in| Be The Bank | Dice as it should be !
21pilot

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 09:33:49 PM

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE explain me why i am refunding people from my wallet AND didnt simply take the 7k coins and GO?

maybe because you realized that you would have to live in fear for the rest of your life because of stealing 7k coins?

Not saying that you were scamming but this is really suspicious and for me this is a bull shit coverstory
(look at the screenshots from dice.ninja chat where you stated that only you and gerry were working on dicebitco.in)

Also it´s obvious that stunna takes on this opportunity to bash one of his competitors  Grin
(in this point I agree with you)

But to say something nice to conclude my rant:
Maybe you can still manage to make dicebitco.in successful if you handle everything professional now and
maybe include dooglus somehow (there was this proposal earlier in this thread where he would be responsible
for the seeds, while you run the rest of the operations)

But I´m not sure if dooglus offer is still standing after this giant **** on your part.
RoooooR
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

GigTricks.io | A CRYPTO ECOSYSTEM FOR ON-DEMAND EC

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 09:34:02 PM

I am sorry if i dont reply fast, i keep refreshing hot wallet(just sent 2k coins more).

What just makes me sad, apart from the big blow of the site, is that people miss the picture.

That goes to Stunna as well, which he didnt lose opportunity to put me a negative trust. I guess this fuckup is the perfect gift for him.

Oh well.

You are free to charge me with whatever accusations you wish. But scammer : no. Last time i checked in my books, scammers dont return the loot of their"scam". Just saying.

• You cheat numbers, people don't notices.
  • Profit rises, in a few days -50 -> +250.
  • Draw attention of investors, they invest.
  • [repeat]
  • When bankroll close to 20-30K.
  • A (rich)dude sweeps the bankroll/profit.
  • The dude is you.

I think you can start to think about new domain name and new nick names. Because a lot of people don't want to see manl and gerry.

Also I'm sorry for the lose'rs of diceliteco.in .

█ █ █ █ █
         ██           ██
       ██     █ █ █ █   ██
     ██    ██        ██
   ██   ██               
  ██   ██     ████████                  ██████████
            ███          ██   █████████     ██      ██████  ██   ███████  ██    ███   ███████
 ██   ██    ███              ██      ███    ██      ██          ███       ██   ███  ██
 ██   ██    ███  ██████  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██  ███   ██
            ███      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██████     ███████
 ██   ██    ███      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██  ██           ██
             ██      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██   ███         ██
 ██   ██      ███████    ██   █████████     ██      ██      ██   ███████  ██    ███  ███████
  ██   ██                           ███
   ██    ██          ██            ███
     ██    ██ █ █ █ █   ██
       ██             ██
          █ █ █ █ █ █

Telegram     Facebook     Twitter     Medium
-------------------------------------------------------------------
.WEBSITE. |█| .WHITEPAPER.

......BOUNTY......
-----------------------------------
..ANN THREAD..
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2014, 09:37:21 PM

At the very least you should promptly address the question raised by many here, i.e. why you are refunding deposits but not the actual stolen bets. E.g. Stars here stands to lose 20 BTC that seems to be rightfully his/hers.
Stars

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 09:43:55 PM
Last edit: September 07, 2014, 09:58:50 PM by Stars

Oh well.

You're right, a scammer would have run off with the investment as soon as this whole skipping the nonce shit got found out, which you didn't.
BUT you're still handling this situation wrong, sure you can pass off the blame to the new employee but at the end of the day, I SHOULD have won 53.46 BTC and didn't because of the so called "rogue employee". Instead I receive 35.1 coins.

YOU should have re-funded the 53.46 BTC because technically I did get scammed by YOU as you are the face of DB. And the sad thing is, it's like my account got flagged on your database to skip the nonce when recognized as a high roller so you're definitely at fault here. So until I'm given the 18.36 coins I deserve I don't see this shit-storm resolving anytime soon. But as you said, you have plenty of time so you most likely don't give two shits.

EDIT: Will give you a chance to do the right thing before I post negative feedback as I still respect you for re-funding peoples money out of your own pocket. Before posting this, I've asked many people about my situation and they all agree with me that I should have received 53.46 not 35.1 (my initial deposit)

DiceBitcoin (OP)

Activity: 84

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2014, 09:44:07 PM

At the very least you should promptly address the question raised by many here, i.e. why you are refunding deposits but not the actual stolen bets. E.g. Stars here stands to lose 20 BTC that seems to be rightfully his/hers.

some balances would still end up negative even after that incident, while some others would be positive. If i was doing that, then it would be another round of"oh if i won that bet i would stop". That is the best solution i can come up with.

DiceBitco.in| Be The Bank | Dice as it should be !
Jungian
Legendary

Activity: 930
Merit: 1010

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 09:44:36 PM

Oh well.

• You cheat numbers, people don't notices.
  • Profit rises, in a few days -50 -> +250.
  • Draw attention of investors, they invest.
  • [repeat]
  • When bankroll close to 20-30K.
  • A (rich)dude sweeps the bankroll/profit.
  • The dude is you.

I think you can start to think about new domain name and new nick names. Because a lot of people don't want to see manl and gerry.

Also I'm sorry for the lose'rs of diceliteco.in .

Why wouldn't he just run with the 7k in BR now then? That would probably be his best shot. I don't buy it, the profit should still have been over 300 if the house edge held up and would likely have been there very soon anyways.

I think Monero (XMR) is very interesting.
https://moneroeconomy.com/faq/why-monero-matters
cHoCo

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 09:52:09 PM

Oh well.

You guys f***** up and you should start from 0 again and build your trust again, you are on a good way with letting people take their invested money.

As for Stunna, he was always as asshole and sooner or later shit will happen to him (already happening to primedice as it's the site with worst code and most down time)

Scammer or no, story is hard to beleive

JoeMattie

Activity: 220
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 10:05:01 PM

Update, I have been refunded to the tune of 20 BTC, and am awaiting manual withdrawal.

Bitrated user: AKQuaternion.
Gws24

Activity: 537
Merit: 524

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 10:09:26 PM

Well, I've been refunded  Smiley. My account had a profit of -2.6281 bitcoins and just withdrew it:
https://blockchain.info/tx-index/1676d2cc0060c4ee695bc099d0123a6601e2ddad7d933ae43ebcf4031300a0d8

EDIT:
Now I have to figure out which accounts I used before this one. I know for a fact that a couple of them I used 2-factor which I don't have anymore (stupid me).

@dicebitcoin: If you have gone through the DB you might want to email (if set) all clients.

pthnmj

Activity: 683
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 10:09:51 PM

some balances would still end up negative even after that incident, while some others would be positive. If i was doing that, then it would be another round of"oh if i won that bet i would stop". That is the best solution i can come up with.
I would like my 8BTC back then if you guys were caught cheating...
Jungian
Legendary

Activity: 930
Merit: 1010

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 10:11:01 PM

I would like my 8BTC back then if you guys were caught cheating...

You'll have to check your bets.

I think Monero (XMR) is very interesting.
https://moneroeconomy.com/faq/why-monero-matters
finnile

Activity: 196
Merit: 104

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 10:12:48 PM

What manl is doing is more fucked up.

He is not refunding people who are positive in balance.  He is refunding people only those that are negative in profit(in loss)

So basically if anyone gambled before 28th and was at 10 BTC profit, and lost to this rigged shit after that will not be refunded(if he is still positive).
SO Even if You lost 9 BTC to this rigged site after 28th. Currently you will be at 1 BTC profit. This means you have left the site with profit.

And Even though you were effected due to the rigged part...you will not be getting your money back and this is wrong.

So people who just had 1 roll effected and are in net negative, will be given back their last deposit completely. And this is more wrong.

Gws24

Activity: 537
Merit: 524

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 10:13:43 PM

Manl stated in chat that he is going through the entire DB but I'm guessing that's going to take a while.
Pages: « 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 »
  Print  

Jump to: