Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:14:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Advertising spam is not allowed  (Read 569032 times)
Margary

Activity: 854
Merit: 252

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 08:41:41 AM

In my opinion, you should turn off the ads of the site unnecessary to avoid information interference, In addition, you should also limit the opening of links that are subject to spam.

yes, you say the truth.
advertising, really, prevents me to fully see all the information and knocked the main idea.
sometimes, it's very nervous.
do not do that.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Prashantrastogi3027

Activity: 88
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 07:55:56 AM

Oh! Finally we can play games without spammers Cheesy
IMO Spammers or Scammers are everywhere, its very hard to get rid of them.
PacManCoin
Copper Member

Activity: 56

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2018, 05:31:46 AM

Advertising spam is not allowed, this includes mining pools, gambling services, exchanges, shops, etc. Mining pool ops should make a thread within the Mining section of Alt Currencies. Most OP's already link to pools available so advertising your pool is unnecessary and leads to too much spam. Exchanges, shops, gambling sites, etc, should make a thread in the Marketplace section of Alt Currencies.

Edit by mprep:

You know what, time for a slight policy change:

After consulting and discussing with BadBear, I've decided that it's time to let people discuss a bit more freely about services. Although BadBear's earlier posts hinted that service posts are a "no go" on most cases, after contacting him a couple of days ago, I believe he has changed his thinking, possibly due to the community's opinion and suggestions (told you it would help Grin).

As per this shift, the following type of posts are now allowed in coin threads:

• Posts about block explorers. ("Here is a new block explorer for this coin" type posts)
  • If a service comes up in a disussion and directly related to the coin, it's allowed
  • "We're up" messages for pools (if it's only once per thread)
  • "This exchange added coin" type posts for exchanges (again, if it's only once per thread)

However, said rules only apply to those posts that ARE NOT large, distracting with images, or markup codes (lots of bold and colors) and other traits of an advertisement. If a post is considered an advertisement will be determined on case by case basis.

Post your suggestions and opinions regarding this rule and how it should be improved and it might get implemented.

can i relay on my theard for top?

Kinkadeinspired
Copper Member

Activity: 644
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2018, 11:42:22 AM

People spreading FUD should also be cautioned.
Only positive comments alone!
Crypto is the way forward.
metro.software

Activity: 75
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 07:52:26 AM

Is new topic start from new user is allowed in Announcements thread?
DMAllera

Activity: 42

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 03:38:09 AM

Unfortunately, nowadays there exists no prominent way to stop certain addresses from spamming you and sending money. It's important to note that receiving one of these transactions means little or nothing. There is nothing that the sender can get from you, including information. The only solution is to ignore these messages and eventually spammers will find this less efficient.
Absholom

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 08:54:21 AM

IMO Spammers or Scammers are everywhere, its very hard to get rid of them.

Yes, this is true. Bitcoin ads rely on changing the spellings of the title to spam email.
suhardi3899

Activity: 420
Merit: 24

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 01:39:28 PM

not understand Cry Cry
What you do not understand. Please explain, we will help explain it to you. We help with pleasure.
ajeshjoy

Activity: 56

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 04:39:06 AM

Yes. I see a point here. However, it is through advertising that you describe new ICO's and other announcement. You may set restrictions to ads that are irrelevant to the topic. That would make more sense.
Carmenraggi

Activity: 28

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 08:56:49 PM

Beware a guy called Robocop using fake accounts to promote himself, he's cheating a bunch of people and he also likes to insult Angry
Rebekha

Activity: 28

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 01:03:39 PM

you say well, how cool would be to play without breaking for spammers!?!
a23sd12122121

Activity: 84

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 02:12:14 PM

Such a long time, back in days, I think banning pools from advertising in threads is too harsh. There should be rules about how they are presented and how often they are posted maybe....
Mariia_BT

Activity: 686
Merit: 100

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2018, 10:34:33 PM

advertising confuses and creates only confusion, but certainly it is difficult to alienate

I disagree with your opinion. I believe that advertising is a very effective way to interest the public and succeed.

Graciouz

Activity: 14

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 01:08:22 PM

As a coin issuer, advertising depends very much on the amount of available budget, but still we have to be careful of the awareness rather than utilization effect. This means, though awareness is good, but being unable to convert the ads into investment can be a potential waste of money. As an ICO company, we need to be very careful in our marketing expenditure. Unlike many other ICO companies that splurge in advertising dollars, we can't afford to do so, and likewise, spending too much of existing investors' money couldnt justify our means. So, I agree that limited advertising for awareness is good, but being able to draw investor's attention and investment is better. Ultimately, besides investors making money after the ICO event, the human cause of the ICO is also important. Because it is not just about technology and making money, running a good cause to improve human lives is one of the top reasons too.
TonyRaut

Activity: 378

Your professional profile on the blockchain

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 08:57:55 AM

advertising confuses and creates only confusion, but certainly it is difficult to alienate

but advertising is a very effective way to inform people about certain information. and I do not think that advertising should be taken from everyday life and from the sphere of crippling goods.

Graciouz

Activity: 14

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 03:21:33 PM

@Tony, thanks for your feedback. Let me be direct on my earlier comments. Graz.me is going thru our ico (ico.graz.me) (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3438680.msg38758496#msg38758496). There are 3 different modes of advertisements. Above-the-line (ATL), BTL (Below-the-line), and On-the-line (OTL). Depending on the budget available, different companies will engage advertising differently. ATL specific programs are meant for awareness without much returns in mind, while BTL programs are more direct with returns in computation. OTL programs are more of a combination of ATL and BTL.

Depending on the marketing budgets available, different ICO companies will use different programs to reach the audience. Unfortunately, for Graz.me, we are more budget constraint, and we tend to use more of the BTL programs to justify our advertising campaigns with specific returns in mind. There are no right or wrong answers (in my humble opinion) to the advertisements and this all depends on the budget available.
xetofficial
Copper Member

Activity: 164

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 06:37:07 AM

May I know if posting addition artwork after my coin has been listed on the ranking site is not against any rule or policy? The artwork is showing that "the coin is now available on xxx ranking sites!", some kind of that. I hope this is okay.
jellygove

Activity: 48

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2018, 01:21:05 AM

so, why is everyone doing it?
TonyRaut

Your professional profile on the blockchain

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 03:38:47 PM

Such a long time, back in days, I think banning pools from advertising in threads is too harsh. There should be rules about how they are presented and how often they are posted maybe....

The ban was due to the fact that there are too many ads now. it already exceeds the required information, and advertising is not always worth the attention.

hasna17

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 03:18:53 PM

The ban was due to the fact that there are too many ads now. it already exceeds the required information, and advertising is not always worth the attention.
Yes, I agree that spam is not allowed, as it is sometimes very confusing with the appearance of ads that are not qualified and unfit for display and this needs to be limited because it already exceeds what information we know.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: