Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 12:39:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ### A ChainWorks Industries (CWI) Project - Granite | Simple Solid Stable | GRN  (Read 74266 times)
chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2814
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2015, 10:42:05 AM

hi all ...

the farm will be down for maintenance for a little while ...

those who mine via Mintsy - and hire our farm out for mining - will still have the use of the AMD side of the farm via Mintsy ...

the nvidia farm is undergoing a minor maintenance period currently and will be back online this weekend ...

the nvidia side WILL however undergo a MAJOR overhaul and rebuild in order for the further expansion of the farm ...

more details will be posted as they happen ...

njoi ...

#crysx

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2015, 12:15:51 PM

This coin looks great, it just lacks a good community. I wonder how we can get peoples attention.
I really like the pure POW on X11. POS is bad because the coins are generated for free, using hardly any electricity like mining on POW.
logocreator
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

www.cryptodesign.cc

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2015, 12:49:20 PM

This coin looks great, it just lacks a good community. I wonder how we can get peoples attention.
I really like the pure POW on X11. POS is bad because the coins are generated for free, using hardly any electricity like mining on POW.
Coins in POS are not generated for free, one pc use 100W-150W of power. Btw provides peer for connection.
small reward for that is pos award.

chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2015, 03:47:19 AM

tanx mate ...

i took over the coin a while back - and if you read earlier posts - ive explained my reasons and why progress is slow ...

i liked the coins so much ( yes - because it has a long PoW - and because we are miners here ) that i made a deal with the original owner ( who commissioned another dev to create and maintain the coin - but fell through ) ...

the issue was that the original owner really had no intention to keep on with it - so he didnt allow the transfer of the domains and accounts and all the other stuff that come with it ... he was a great help initially - but then like most people just faded into obscurity - and i havent had contact with him since then ...

which is why it was a HUGE learning curve for me ... the seednodes and servers and vps systems and pools and the coins itself - i had to learn the hard way and from scratch - and that takes time ... in my case - a LOT of time Tongue ... hehehe ...

but granitecoin succeeded in doing what it was meant to do ... to become a 'miners' coins - a simple - solid - stable coin that cane be mined by anyone ...

when i talk about 'we' - i mean the people that have actually 'helped' me with this - not those that got paid to setup the components that make up the structure of the coin now ... people like nonce and joblo - just to name two ... there are a few others - even with just advice - that have helped ...

everything else was paid for out of my own pocket - and still is ... vps servers and maintenance and mining all cost Smiley ... but im happy with that ...

i want the coin to be able to be used - not just for mining and trading - but for purchases of products and services ... at least here in australia for now ...

but more than all of this ... its ALL about FUN ... i know that sounds corny - but really thats what it is for me ... for others its something completely different ...

if i didnt enjoy doing this - i wouldnt be doing it ... and as of next week - im full time with it ... the coin - the infrastructure - the farm - the lot ...

the community is very small - only a few people judging by the wallets in existence to date ...

i have been mining granitecoin almost since day one ... so have accumulated and given away so much ... our pool is the project that ive been improving as much as i can - with the little time ive had - but again - as of next week - that will change ...

so in essence - its the community that will make the coin the usable currency that it potentially can be ...

now we are getting more and more affiliates as well as doing deals with other companies and coins to 'get it out there' - but dont push too hard .. as we want it to grow organically and not in a marketed 'pump n dump' way ... which is ( im pleased to say ) doing just that ...

we just need some good devs and good marketers and some good graphic / web designers ... no massive plans - just a good rate of growth and a good steady flow ... thats what makes this a solid coin ( and community ) ...

apart from that - im always here - and will always be here in the best capacity i can be ...

if help can be attained - great ... if we need to pay for services - great ... no matter what - if something needs to be done - we will find a way of doing it Smiley ...

the bigger and better the community - the more ways we can help also ... especially those that help here and in other places / coins ... like devs ( sp - djm34 - wolf - tsiv - tpruvot - etc ) - like other coins ( spr - mtr - and so forth ) ...

it will happen - it just takes time and patience and money - and the right people in the community ... Smiley ...

as for the PoW mining - it all takes power - but totally agree about the cost involved ... PoS is simply the cost of the machine - where PoW is the cost of the machine AND the extra miners ( whether they be video cards or asic or others ) ...

we have a very long PoW - due to its initial creation - as a miners coin ... so it keeps miners quite busy - and at the current state of the mining - is very easy to mine with low diff and not many larger players on the network mining it ... though there are quite a few smaller players mining and collecting - it doesnt take much to accumulate a fair few coins currently ... that changes of course - as the mining gets more intensive ...

help is always welcomed - as is advice and donations Smiley ...

either way - its a LOT of fun ...

#crysx

chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2015, 03:52:33 AM

Coins in POS are not generated for free, one pc use 100W-150W of power. Btw provides peer for connection.

agreed - it all uses some power ...

but what i think e1ghtSpace was actually meaning was that its necessarily 'free' - but that PoS costs are almost negligable 'compared' to say a 6 card gpu miner ...

its all good tho ...

im in the same boat also - i like mining - and x11 - and mining x11 Smiley ...

there are a few updates that i need to post in the next couple of days ...

a few changes - some small changes - some bigger ones - ALL to improve the coin and network and provide more resources for the community ...

Smiley ...

#crysx

chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2015, 10:33:37 PM

hi all ...

will be away on personal business for 2 days ... will catch up when i get back ...

#crysx #grn #granitecoin

chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2015, 12:27:40 PM

hi all ...

a major issue with internet providers caused a huge setback for the farm and the accessibility for updates and to further our work ...

this seems to have been resolved and we are back on track ...

the farm is active and mining - but testing the waters at the moment as we dont want the stability of the internet connection to fail once again ...

i personally am on 'this' now full time ...

available here via pm - on email and on irc ( #granitecoin ) ... its all in the op ...

the farm will be redirected in the next few days across to minsty once again ...

so if you want to rent the portions of the farm - it will be available as long as the internet connections hold out ...

updates will be forthcoming as to what we have next in line - but the very first thing is to finalize the updates to the pool ... more on that when it happens this week ...

tanx ...

#crysx #grn #granitecoin

chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2015, 02:22:28 PM

hi all ..

we wanted to let you know that we have been working on a number of things - which now includ the setup of donation links ...

our own donation links are not active currently - but will be this week ...

however - we have started a new topic for the donation links to the devs that have helped us all too often with their open source miners and tools ...

please donate not only to the bct addresses - if that is your donation choice - but also donate mining hash ...

its all explained here in this link - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1089744.0 ...

tanx ...

#crysx

clipman77
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1008

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 02:34:59 PM

hi all ..

we wanted to let you know that we have been working on a number of things - which now includ the setup of donation links ...

however - we have started a new topic for the donation links to the devs that have helped us all too often with their open source miners and tools ...

please donate not only to the bct addresses - if that is your donation choice - but also donate mining hash ...

its all explained here in this link - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1089744.0 ...

tanx ...

#crysx

Well, I hope we can help you gather some Bitcoins.
chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2015, 02:40:54 PM

hi all ..

tanx ...

#crysx

Well, I hope we can help you gather some Bitcoins.

thats would be nice - and very helpful ...

but the links that are current - are for the developer sp ...

our links will be soon - and the other developer links in the different algorithms - will be setup as soon as the new servers come online ...

but we are always thankful for any donations - big or small - direct or mined - to keep this all going ...

tanx ...

#crysx

chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2015, 11:20:32 AM
Last edit: June 15, 2015, 11:30:37 AM by chrysophylax

hi all ...

a few updates if i may Smiley ...

the farm ...

the farm is FINALLY in full-swing again and back on track with mintsy - mining away currently and available for rental via x11 ...

the farm is broken into 3 parts - so that mining different coins ( or the same using the different parts ) can be achieved at the same time ...

our internal mining stratums have been setup - to help facilitate the farm to mine where we point the stratums to ...

these stratums are for our own mining system - they are not the donation ones ... yet Wink ...

so if you are looking at renting the portions of the farm through mintsy - please get in and start mining ... the only thing that you really shouldnt piont the farm to is - yaamp and nicehash via mintsy ...

these two pools are the ones that we know of so far ...

the reason is the extranonce2 size for both those pools is not compatible with the mintsy stratums ... this is what i understand from mintsy tech support ...

mintsy tech support have also told us they are working on a 'fix' ( or a workaround ) for this issue - but we have yet to see any stats show up on the either yaamp or nicehash from the tests we have recently made mining to these pools through mintsy ...

we encourage you to use the farm ... whether you are interested in mining x11 coins in general - or mining granitecoin on our pool ...

we will be looking at other algorithms to base these rentals on - but our main focus for the moment was to just get everything running normally again ...

we have made a part of the farm unavailable ( chrysophylax.imhotep00 ) due to a maintenance issue with one of the systems ( miner ) within that section of the farm ...

the psu on that system needs replacement due to an internal short ( and subsequently a warranty claim ) and will be back online within the next 24hours while we wait for the delivery of a new psu ...

until then - the other two parts of the farm is available and active ...

the vps systems / servers ...

the company responsible for the provision of the servers have been in touch - and will hear from them again shortly regarding the new vps's ...

which means we will have our donation links setup soon ... and hopefully have the other servers setup for the donation links to the devs also ...

all those updates will be available here in the new donation thread - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1089744 ...

please do give generously to the awesome devs - whether direct btc or mining - when the servers come online ...

the granitecoin ...

we are also moving along nicely with granitecoin - and mining granitecoin will become more and more extensive for the farm also ...

we are slowly ( too damn slow for my liking ) getting the smaller more trivial pieces of the puzzle together for the wallet - and will have all these implemented as soon as we can ...

the granitecoin pool ...

the pool is currently being tested for the reward system we would like to implement - and seems to be going ok so far ...

this means that for every block that a miner hits - the miner will be rewarded a further 7 coins on top of the share of mined coins ... every single block - every single time ...

the pool will also be redirected to the new dns address very shortly ...

the new - grn-pool.granitecoin.com ...
the old - grn-pool.granitecoinx.com ...

we will keep them working in unison for a short period of time until the we phase the older 'x' domain out ...

tanx ...

#crysx

pallas
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 02:36:37 PM

true to a degree: I've been minting a PoS coin for months on my nas which consumes 5/10W, and the first coins with minting smartphone wallets are becoming common.
there are problems with PoS, but not power consumption ;-)

chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2015, 06:26:20 AM

hi all ...

been working at length on our various projects - that will eventually all tie in to granitecoin ...

the farm is coming along fine - albeit slowly as predicted ...

the plans for the pool and the new developments that have occurred have opened new opportunities ... stay tuned ...

here is the update on the donation servers - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1089744.msg11725010#msg11725010 ...

and granitecoin is only about 800,000grn away from hitting the 20million granitecoin distribution milestone ...

happy days ...

#crysx

Jonesd
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1014

View Profile
June 27, 2015, 01:33:02 PM

hi all ...

been working at length on our various projects - that will eventually all tie in to granitecoin ...

the plans for the pool and the new developments that have occurred have opened new opportunities ... stay tuned ...

here is the update on the donation servers - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1089744.msg11725010#msg11725010 ...

and granitecoin is only about 800,000grn away from hitting the 20million granitecoin distribution milestone ...

happy days ...

#crysx

Thanks for the update and great to see you're still working on this so hard! Smiley

Co-Founder and Managing Partner of Block Bastards
chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2015, 01:42:43 PM

hi all ...

happy days ...

#crysx

Thanks for the update and great to see you're still working on this so hard! Smiley

much appreciated for the support ...

its a long hard slog to get it where we want - and time is limited to the projects at hand - especially for me ... but we are moving forward ...

donating hash to projects was a huge pastime of mine anyhow - used to be the largest hasher for seti ( seti@home ) in australia ...

so the network and the machines and all our computers are familiar with long hours and 24hr work ...

its just my older body that is the one thats requiring more rest lately Wink ... hehehe ...

more coming in the way of support and facilities for granitecoin ... it just takes a little time ...

tanx ...

#crysx

DigitalCurrencyConsultant

Activity: 671
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 05:50:25 AM

just stopping in for a visit  Grin

coingecko

on the moon yet?[/center]
chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2015, 09:44:54 AM

just stopping in for a visit  Grin

welcome and enjoy Smiley ...

there are a few updates that need to be done on the op - which i will get organized shortly ...

one of the main changes is the registration ( and take back ) of the granitecoin domain - granitecoin.com ...

this has allowed us to change the redirection of the seednodes and the automatic seeding of the wallet ...

now the seednodes ( actually one seednode for now ) that is hardcoded in the wallet will automatically start the sync process and there is no need to add them in the .conf file ...

this also means that granitecoinx.com is no longer needed to be used ...

a few other things related to this - like grn-pool.granitecoin.com - is now the main address for the official granitecoin pool ...

lots more coming ... and will be updated as they are about to come to fruition ...

#crysx

chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2015, 08:24:46 AM

hi all ...

just thought i would post for the update we have been working on recently ...

we are still in the continuing process of working on the backend plans for granitecoin - and will have a full update on that soon ...

for now ... the donation site Smiley ...

please have a look ...

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1089744 ...

tanx ...

#crysx

mik57

Activity: 225
Merit: 17

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 08:18:28 PM

Hi #crysx !

What news? I'm back, I keep a lot of hope in GRN  Cool
chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2015, 01:28:18 AM
Last edit: July 31, 2015, 01:41:41 AM by chrysophylax

Hi #crysx !

What news? I'm back, I keep a lot of hope in GRN  Cool

hi mik57 ...

i see you on the pool mining Smiley ... http://grn-pool.granitecoin.com/ ...

tanx for your support ...

a few things still in the process at the moment ...

a few of the servers are not co-operating with us and needed a full rebuild ... in the process of that as we speak ...

finishing off the some of the work today for the donation servers and links for devs - added a few more and testing now ...

will be notifying here -  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1089744 ...

the farm is still undergoing a makeover - and its not going to get any easier ... still a long way to go with that one ... the partner that was helping me with the design and implementation and build of the new frames is now no longer able to - and has left ... so the majority of that design and production is on my own shoulders also ... including the actual miners themselves ( both hardware and software ) ...

a few personal issue have arisen - which has slowed my time to commit to 'here' ... but hopefully that will be all fixed soon and i hope i can commit much more time to getting all this done ...

when the new servers are up - we will have a multi-mining pool that we can call our own also that will work in tangent to the mpos pool we currently have running ( as noted earlier ) ... since yaamp open sourced the pool code - we have been striving to get a few other things in place to get a mining pool up and running ... tanx to yaamp for that one ... that is only a little way off and will be in testing soon ...

our electrical issues have only been 'patched' and not completely fixed - so there is a real delay in that area ... which means the farm will not always be available through mintsy - or nicehash - to be continually rented ... its sporadic at the moment - but when all the backend issues are completed - we can focus on the rest of things i have mentioned above - and other developments like the market ...

all in all - its time that is on our side ... so we will make use of that precious commodity ...

#crysx

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  

Jump to: