Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 07:15:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ### A ChainWorks Industries (CWI) Project - Granite | Simple Solid Stable | GRN  (Read 74270 times)
chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2814
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2015, 10:01:57 AM

hi all ...

just finished updating the OP once again as we have just finalized the basis of our website - and published it for the world to see and access ...

as per the OP ( yes - cut n paste ) ...

-------

TheSite has been Completed - Published - and is currently Active ... Please take a look and let us know what you think ...

... www.granitecoin.com ...

We want to make TheSite the hub of all that is Granite ... This is the basis with which we will build the entire Granite EcoSystem ...
Some of the links redirect back to TheSite ( like the exchanges links except for Bleutrade ) as we have yet to enter those markets yet ...
So we will be building TheSite up organically - like we have been doing with Granite since the early days ...
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated ...

-------

this will be built upon as we move towards completeing the other segments of the granite ecosystem - and are happy so far of the achievements ...

we will have a 'credits' list of those that have worked and built and designed - and in doing so - will have acknowledged their input into this project ... we are thankful of the work that has been put in - and it couldnt be done without their skillset ...

i personally hope that you like the new logo - the new website - the new feel ...

still much more to come and much much MUCH more to do ... we have only scratched the surface ...

#crysx

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mik57

Activity: 225
Merit: 17

View Profile
September 06, 2015, 01:42:51 PM

GREAT NEWS ! WEBSITE IS SUPERB !

Tongue
batesresearch
Legendary

Activity: 2424
Merit: 1148

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2015, 01:50:26 PM

-------

TheSite has been Completed - Published - and is currently Active ... Please take a look and let us know what you think ...

... www.granitecoin.com ...

We want to make TheSite the hub of all that is Granite ... This is the basis with which we will build the entire Granite EcoSystem ...
Some of the links redirect back to TheSite ( like the exchanges links except for Bleutrade ) as we have yet to enter those markets yet ...
So we will be building TheSite up organically - like we have been doing with Granite since the early days ...
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated ...

-------

Amazing website, very nice. Easy to use and flows nicely good work!

Visit Satoshi's Place, a Bitcoin Hub based in Bury, Manchester, UK.
Goals: Educate & Onboard users in to Bitcoin. Lightning network⚡️
logocreator
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

www.cryptodesign.cc

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2015, 07:13:30 PM
Last edit: September 08, 2015, 09:03:21 AM by logocreator

really new feel of the Granite.
Dev is one dedicated,reliable person.

chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2015, 06:16:23 PM
Last edit: September 12, 2015, 07:27:16 PM by chrysophylax

tanx guys ...

its awesome work by an awesome author ...

the credits will be listed in the op when i get the chance next week to update ...

i must say - im happy with it ... and we are looking at a few additions and changes shortly ... life has to take place first - which is well worth the effort ...

as for the current update - i have FINALLY finished the full installation of the linux daemons for granite ...

thenodes are all in place - are running smooth - and are syncing perfectly ...

thenodes are a permanent fixture ( as were the others ) but unlike the windows based wallet ones that have been running - these are rock solid linux based granite daemons ...

the old windows based ones were problematic and always required a reboot more often than not ... we dont have that issue now ... Wink ...

the additions to the GraniteCoin.conf file for the nodes are still the same as before - but now will require VERY little maintenance - if any for a long time ...

addnode=seeednode1.granitecoin.com
addnode=seeednode2.granitecoin.com
addnode=seeednode3.granitecoin.com

they are now fully operational and active ...

the first - seednode1.granitecoin.com - is hardcoded in the wallet itself ... so there is no real need to add these to the .conf file ... but when the wallet gets a revamp - all three seednodes will be hardcoded to allow for a quicker and simpler sync operation ... especially for those that dont like to mess around with .conf files ...

thenodes ... simple - solid - stable ...

much like the namesake Wink ...

more shortly ...

#crysx

chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2015, 03:14:03 AM

hi all ...

if i read this correctly - does this not mean that there is ONE more bonus block of 100000 GRN to be hit soon? ...

Code:
int64 static GetBlockValue(int nHeight, int64 nFees)
{
    int64 nSubsidy = 100 * COIN;

if (nHeight == 1)
    {
       nSubsidy = 650000 * COIN;
    }
    else if (nHeight == 1500) //bonus block reward nHeight
    {
        int64 nSubsidy = 100000 * COIN;
        return nSubsidy + nFees;
    }
    else if (nHeight == 5000) //bonus block reward nHeight
    {
        return nSubsidy + nFees;
    }
    else if (nHeight == 10000) //bonus block reward nHeight
    {
        return nSubsidy + nFees;
    }
    else if (nHeight == 20000) //bonus block reward nHeight
    {
        return nSubsidy + nFees;
    }
    else if (nHeight == 40000) //bonus block reward nHeight
    {
        return nSubsidy + nFees;
    }
    else if (nHeight == 60000) //bonus block reward nHeight
    {
        return nSubsidy + nFees;
    }
    else if (nHeight == 80000) //bonus block reward nHeight
    {
        return nSubsidy + nFees;
    }
    else if (nHeight == 100000) //bonus block reward nHeight
    {
        return nSubsidy + nFees;
    }
    else if (nHeight == 150000) //bonus block reward nHeight
    {
        return nSubsidy + nFees;
    }
    else if (nHeight == 262799) //bonus block reward nHeight
    {
        return nSubsidy + nFees;
    }

// Subsidy is cut in half every xxxx blocks
    nSubsidy >>= (nHeight / 262800);

return nSubsidy + nFees;
}

we are on block 213682 currently as i write this ( https://chainz.cryptoid.info/grn/ ) ... so if that is correct - we will have another chance of a massive bonus ONE MORE TIME - at block 262799 ...

coin reward halving will happen ONE block after that bonus ( block 262800 ) ... which means a 50GRN per block reward instead of the 100GRN currently ...

i see trading has increased - and hope that will continue ... many many tanx to all those that have taken a refreshed interest in granite ...

i am working alongside some very creative and very skilled and talented people in their respective fields within the crypto industry now - and will be working harder than ever to make granite a solid ecossytem and not 'just a coin' - so that granite can be used and traded - as well mined stored ...

working with the donation links for the developers ( https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1089744 ) will be an integration i am looking forward to - as well as the integration of the new pool ... but that is a little later ...

ill alert with updates on here ( bct ) - twitter ( chrysophylax69 ) - facebook ( granitecoin ) - irc ( #granitecoin ) - and thesite ( when the blog / forum section is up and running ) ...

lets smash this last bonus block to pieces and get all that reward ...

but most all - have fun ...

#crysx

Antebellum

Activity: 374
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 08:59:07 AM

Any updates? whats going on? whats planned for the future?

There are literally hundreds of coins out there, why should i choose this to invest in? 

tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1531

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 10:02:42 AM

I having problems to synchronize my Granitecoin wallet. Is there a list of working nodes somewhere?
chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2015, 08:02:11 AM
Last edit: September 21, 2015, 08:14:52 AM by chrysophylax

Any updates? whats going on? whats planned for the future?

There are literally hundreds of coins out there, why should i choose this to invest in?  

hi ...

there is a list of coins that you can see in the crypto sphere and only a few of them have not been deserted ...

i have been working the backend ( infrastructure ) of granitecoin for about one and a half years ... stabalizing - solidifying - simplifying ...

there have been a lot of coins come and go - a lot of coin devs disappear - a lot of existing 'tech updates' that seem to be the next best thing and become just another fad to get you mining the 'new' coin and fade away ...

i have been with granitecoin from the beginning mining - and then with the advent of overtaking the coin - have been working in the background to get ALL the things that require a solid and stable network to continue running - and running well ...

if you want me to convince you that this is the next BIG coin - and the next BIG thing - with the next BIG tech - i simply cant ...

the coin was designed from the begining for mining and miners - with trading the secondary level ... it succeeded damn well at that - and still is - and when the original dev and original owner left it - i stepped in ...

a name change to 'granite' has now taken place - although the domain and code still refer to it as 'granitecoin' ... that is of no consequence and will be an ongoing thing ...

we now have ownership of almost ALL the infrastructure behind granite ( which we didnt when the takeover was done ) ...

thedomain - ours ...
thesite - ours ...
thepool - ours ...
theservers - ours ...
thenodes - ours ...
thecontrol - ours ...

almost all of the components that make up the 'coin' is ours ... so we do not rely on any other entity who may 'go down' and fall over that can adversely affect the network ...

ive been slowly but surely making the infrastructure ready and hardened it so that there will be minimal issues ( if there any at all ) when the growth becomes apparent with the network ...

the servers are active - the nodes active and permanent ( with more and more nodes being added monthly ) - thepool active and running and mining well ...

thesite is active and in the process of being updated already - only a week after its release ... the op about to be updated with the latest changes that have been made - including the translations of the op to greek and mandarin ( chinese - for those that rae uninitiated ) - for our greek and chinese miners and interested parties - with more translations coming on line soon ... looking for an italian and arabic translation service and will be update in the op when they get done ...

the wallet has now been updated to the latest v1.0.1 - which are small cosmetic changes for the time being ( like logo and checkpoint code ) before the full redevelopment of the wallet takes place - these will also be compiled for download soon ... though you have the opportunity to do that yourself if you are capable of doing so - as the latest code is in the git now ( https://github.com/chrysophylax69/granitecoin ) ...

the new logo and graphics - completed ...

the planning and design of the new multipools are underway ...

themarket - planned and in the process of construction ... a few more details need to be addressed before work can begin ...

im in no position to promise anything - nor to pretend there is a roadmap or create one that i will not follow - nor in a position to make you believe that things WILL happen if there is no intention to ... like many many MANY other coins out there that continue to do so ...

i will just DO ... the plans for the coin are small ... the plans for the coins infrastructure have been moving along and mostly completed - and are much larger ... the plans for the coins ecosystem is huge - and on its way ...

there will be no fake assumptions about where granite is heading ... it will just happen as it has been for the last ( almost ) two years since i have taken over - simply and organically in its own time ... and there is no intention to stop - let alone disappear and leave granite ... its a long term project - and im determined to see it through - regardless of how many other coins are out there ...

this will be a slow integration of the components that are currently being developed for granite ... which also includes theafrm ... its growth - its optimization - its use within the granite netwrok and integration within the granite infrastructure ...

invest in granite? ... i hope you do ... but do as you will ... i am fulltime into this as of a few months ago - and have been with granite for almost 2 years ...

if there is anything you can rely on - its the fact i will not give up until i see these things through for granite ...

im a miner at my core - and this is what started me ...

its not just about money - or investment - but also about the satisfaction of pulling together components to make this an ecosystem that runs seamlessly together ...

an ecosystem and coin that can be USED rather than just mined or traded ... all will be revealed in time ... and as ive said earlier - we would rather SHOW the reults - no matter how small - than just write about them in a roadmap ( even though i must admit - a roadmap would be nice ) ...

you make up your own mind with whether you should invest in granite or not ... all i can tell you is im here - and here to stay for the long haul ...

#crysx

chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2015, 08:05:32 AM
Last edit: September 21, 2015, 08:21:36 AM by chrysophylax

I having problems to synchronize my Granitecoin wallet. Is there a list of working nodes somewhere?

what is the issue tyz? ...

within a few seconds of the wallet being active - the sync should start ...

there is one hardcoded node within the wallet itself ( which will change to three in the next revision ) - and ( some just recently ) about another 16 nodes up and running and online currently ...

if its a windows wallet - then you will find the most common is firewall port restriction issues and / or modem / router restrictions ...

ive just started two new wallets - and they both started syncing almost immediately ... both linux and windows - without a .conf file ...

let me know ...

edit - there is a complete list of CURRENT nodes available here - https://chainz.cryptoid.info/grn/#!network/ ... just click node list next to the wallet version and the list will be shown ...

#crysx

Antebellum

Activity: 374
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 08:40:29 AM

hi ...

there is a list of coins that you can see in the crypto sphere and only a few of them have not been deserted ...

i have been working the backend ( infrastructure ) of granitecoin for about one and a half years ... stabalizing - solidifying - simplifying ...

there have been a lot of coins come and go - a lot of coin devs disappear - a lot of existing 'tech updates' that seem to be the next best thing and become just another fad to get you mining the 'new' coin and fade away ...

i have been with granitecoin from the beginning mining - and then with the advent of overtaking the coin - have been working in the background to get ALL the things that require a solid and stable network to continue running - and running well ...

if you want me to convince you that this is the next BIG coin - and the next BIG thing - with the next BIG tech - i simply cant ...

the coin was designed from the begining for mining and miners - with trading the secondary level ... it succeeded damn well at that - and still is - and when the original dev and original owner left it - i stepped in ...

a name change to 'granite' has now taken place - although the domain and code still refer to it as 'granitecoin' ... that is of no consequence and will be an ongoing thing ...

we now have ownership of almost ALL the infrastructure behind granite ( which we didnt when the takeover was done ) ...

thedomain - ours ...
thesite - ours ...
thepool - ours ...
theservers - ours ...
thenodes - ours ...
thecontrol - ours ...

almost all of the components that make up the 'coin' is ours ... so we do not rely on any other entity who may 'go down' and fall over that can adversely affect the network ...

ive been slowly but surely making the infrastructure ready and hardened it so that there will be minimal issues ( if there any at all ) when the growth becomes apparent with the network ...

the servers are active - the nodes active and permanent ( with more and more nodes being added monthly ) - thepool active and running and mining well ...

thesite is active and in the process of being updated already - only a week after its release ... the op about to be updated with the latest changes that have been made - including the translations of the op to greek and mandarin ( chinese - for those that rae uninitiated ) - for our greek and chinese miners and interested parties - with more translations coming on line soon ... looking for an italian and arabic translation service and will be update in the op when they get done ...

the wallet has now been updated to the latest v1.0.1 - which are small cosmetic changes for the time being ( like logo and checkpoint code ) before the full redevelopment of the wallet takes place - these will also be compiled for download soon ... though you have the opportunity to do that yourself if you are capable of doing so - as the latest code is in the git now ( https://github.com/chrysophylax69/granitecoin ) ...

themarket - planned and in the process of construction ... a few more details need to be addressed before work can begin ...

im in no position to promise anything - nor to pretend there is a roadmap or create one that i will not follow - nor in a position to make you believe that things WILL happen if there is no intention to ... like many many MANY other coins out there that continue to do so ...

i will just DO ... the plans for the coin are small ... the plans for the coins infrastructure have been moving along and mostly completed - and are much larger ... the plans for the coins ecosystem is huge - and on its way ...

there will be no fake assumptions about where granite is heading ... it will just happen as it has been for the last ( almost ) two years since i have taken over - simply and organically in its own time ... and there is no intention to stop - let alone disappear and leave granite ... its a long term project - and im determined to see it through - regardless of how many other coins are out there ...

this will be a slow integration of the components that are currently being developed for granite ... which also includes theafrm ... its growth - its optimization - its use within the granite netwrok and integration within the granite infrastructure ...

invest in granite? ... i hope you do ... but do as you will ... i am fulltime into this as of a few months ago - and have been with granite for almost 2 years ...

if there is anything you can rely on - its the fact i will not give up until i see these things through for granite ...

its not just about money - or investment - but also about the satisfaction of pulling together components to make this an ecosystem that runs seamlessly together ...

an ecosystem and coin that can be USED rather than just mined or traded ... all will be revealed in time ... and as ive said earlier - we would rather SHOW the reults - no matter how small - than just write about them in a roadmap ( even though i must admit - a roadmap would be nice ) ...

you make up your own mind with whether you should invest in granite or not ... all i can tell you is im here - and here to stay for the long haul ...

#crysx

Thanks for taking time to answer, and a fulfilled answer on top of it. Smiley Investing isnt all about money, and im not in it for a quick profit, if it was so i would just jump on all the PnD groups coin pumping to earn som quick btc. Mined this coin a little from the start and was kinda suprised (and happy) to see it was still alive and kicking. Nice homepage btw. Smiley  anyway thanks for the fast and informative answer will dig in it some more but looks promising. Smiley

chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2015, 09:35:53 AM

hi ...

thedomain - ours ...
thesite - ours ...
thepool - ours ...
theservers - ours ...
thenodes - ours ...
thecontrol - ours ...

#crysx

Thanks for taking time to answer, and a fulfilled answer on top of it. Smiley Investing isnt all about money, and im not in it for a quick profit, if it was so i would just jump on all the PnD groups coin pumping to earn som quick btc. Mined this coin a little from the start and was kinda suprised (and happy) to see it was still alive and kicking. Nice homepage btw. Smiley  anyway thanks for the fast and informative answer will dig in it some more but looks promising. Smiley

you are welcome ...

and tanx for the kudos ...

i was one of the first to mine the coin too - and when FUD almost killed the coin - i was very disappointed to see it all go down the way it did ...

im still mining this coin - and with the infrastructure being built and strengthened further - it will not be a short term effort on my part ... in fact - almost ALL funds and setup is coming out of my own pocket ...

apart from the time and effort ive put in - there are some very talented people working alongside me now ... and with the small version bump - comes the beginning of the new ideas i want implemented in the wallet as well as the website and the infrastructure that will make the granite ecosystem ...

working towards a better system of use for granite is ultimately what the end goal is going to be ...

the donation project is taking shape and becoming a component of the overall structure that granite will integrate into ... the donation thread is here - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1089744 ...

the issue with all this is simple - time ... i cannot alot a time frame for all this to happen due to the nature of the crypto environment ... but doing it alone - and enlisting the help of those whose talents are commissioned for granite - means that the ideas will become a reality soon enough ...

keep checking in - as changes have already started ... and will continue Smiley ...

tanx again ...

#crysx

chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2015, 10:49:59 AM

hi all ...

donation by mining ... dbm ...

im very happy to announce that the donation links are now active for community use ...

please have a look and read - and help with the mining donations to these awesome devs ...

the op will be updated as soon as i collate the rest of the info required ...

the thread post is here - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1089744.msg12480969#msg12480969 ...

join in and help hash for the devs ...

#crysx

DigitalCurrencyConsultant

Activity: 671
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 04:33:28 AM

still holding mine long term here  Grin

coingecko

on the moon yet?[/center]
chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2015, 04:48:15 AM

still holding mine long term here  Grin

glad to hear ...

all the nodes are currently being updated to the latest build - v1.0.1 granitecoind ...

they will be offline for about an hour - before they come back on line with v1.0.1 ...

only a few small changes were done with the wallet - but that is an ongoing development - which is also v1.0.1 now ...

keeping at it ... Wink ...

tanx for your support ...

#crysx

chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2015, 05:06:02 AM

hi all ...

ive setup a poll posing the question -

if you were able to mine granite using any number of algorithms - not just x11 - which ones would they be? ...

ill keep the poll going for a couple of weeks - while we are in the process of setting up the new base for the new pool ...

your input would be VERY much appreciated ...

tanx ...

#crysx

mik57

Activity: 225
Merit: 17

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 04:15:48 PM

Hi everyone !

I voted Quark !

I also like Qubit or Neoscrypt

Because I mine with nvidia cards... 5 X 950GTX + 11 X 750TI

THANKS
CapnBDL

Activity: 1064
Merit: 500

MOBU

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2015, 11:13:33 PM

Yeah,

Well...I woulda voted a nVidia compat algo, but I have a coulpla scrypt miners that leave me to mine something else /w the Vid, so...there ya go. Up to the group!! Ya know what I voted for...

Later-

Cool

▄██▄
████▄    ▄██████▄    ▄████
██████▄ ▀████████▀ ▄██████
▐███████▄ ▀████▀ ▄███████▌
▐█████████▄ ▀▀ ▄█████████▌
 ████ ▀█████▄▄█████▀ ████
 ████ ▄ ▀████████▀ ▄ ████
 ▐███ ██▄ ▀████▀ ▄██ ███▌
 ▐███ ████▄ ▀▀ ▄████ ███▌
  ███ ██████▄▄██████ ███
  ███ ██████████████ ███
  ▐██ ██████████████ ██▌
  ▐██ ██████████████ ██▌
   ██ ██████████████ ██
       ▀██████████▀
         ▀██████▀
           ▀██▀
.M O B U.███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
   The Investment Bank of the Future  
The Security Token Protocol and Licensed Security Token Exchange
█▀

█▄
Facebook Medium
Whitepaper ANN
LinkedIn    Reddit
▀█

▄█

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
  ████ ▀███████▀    ▀██████
 █████▌  ▀▀███        ▄█████
▐██████▄             ▐██████▌
▐█████▄               ██████▌
▐███████▄            ███████▌
 ███████▄          ▄████████
  ████████       ▄█████████
   █████▀   ▄▄▄███████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
  █████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
 █████     ▄▄          █████
▐█████     ████▄▄      █████▌
▐█████     ████████    █████▌
▐█████     ████▀▀      █████▌
 █████     ▀▀          █████
  █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
   ███████████████████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
  ████████████████▀▀▀ ▐████
 ███████████▀▀▀  ▄█▀  ██████
▐█████▀▀▀      ▄█▀    ██████▌
▐███▄▄▄    ▄▄██▀     ███████▌
▐████████ ███▀       ███████▌
 ████████▌█          ███████
  ████████ ▄▄██▄    ███████
   ███████████████▄ ██████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2015, 01:25:47 AM

i agree with you both ...

we have both amd and nvidia cards in thefarm - and most times split the mining to the algo most proficient for the cards ...

but x11 and quark have always been two of my fav algos ...

there are many other algos out there - but i highly doubt it will be beneficial to put the work into the code to be able to mine something that most wont even look at ...

we are looking at a great many options and i personally think that the most popular algos - as well some of the less popular ones - really need to be considered for addition ...

but there are more ways than just coding algos to be able to accomplish this - so work has already begun to cater for the change ... if any change is needed at all Wink ...

tanx for the input ... it really is appreciated ...

#crysx

chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2015, 04:28:53 AM

hi all ...

thefarm will be getting an overhaul very shortly ...

the amd cards are ALL ( thats 26 of them ) going in for maintenance - and ONE nvidia card is going also ...

this shows the difference in reliability in cards from the same manufacturer - gigabyte ...

the amd crads hash VERY hard - especially when being used with the optimized bins and miners that are around ( like wolf0 bins and djm34 lyra2rev2 miner ) ...

unfortunately - this raises some very big questions about what to do with the cards when they all come back from warranty repair ... and these questions are raised for two reasons ...

1 - reliability and longevity ...
2 - miner / optimization availability ...

firstly - reliability has been quite questionable with the amd cards over the period of time we have been mining ... they seem to last about the 3 month period before a warranty repair is required ... nvidia cards have been hashing now for more than 7 months and only one card has failed so far ...

secondly - miner / optimization availability ... amd cards have had some good turns with hashrates and optimization for the miners and kernels have been forthcoming ... but more often that not - optimized miners are MOSTLY private - cost a great deal to purchase most times - and are MOSTLY unavailable to the general public ... withnvidia - the tables are similar except for the fact that the majority of miners and optimizations - including the progressive enhancements to the code by many of the community members seem to outweigh amd buy a huge amount ... even the private miners are not that 'pricey' if one was to purchase the private miners ...

if we were to collate the pros and cons of whether we should keep the amd side of thefarm or the nvidia side of thefarm - the nvidia seem to be winning on both counts ... and that is not even including other factors - like the power consumption rates and systems build tech ...

we want thefram to become a long term facility for both granite and the donation system( as well as other coins ) - all integrated into the same web facility ( which we are working on currently ) ...

so there are quite big questions to be pondered here ... and decisions that need to be made ...

after the pull of the amd side of thefarm for repair - there is also a 6 week wait for gigabyte to get anything done ... that is the experience we have had so far here in australia ...

ho hum ... that is the realities of corporate dealings ...

thefarm has been pulled off the rental market - so that this maintenance ( and subsequent rebuild ) can take place ...

tanx ...

#crysx

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  

Jump to: