Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 01:13:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The happy BTC circular donation thread  (Read 14633 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
pinksheep

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 10:32:50 PM

Thank you very much to Bitchick & BitchicksHusband for donating 0.1 BTC to me. This makes me happy at the minute because I have just had to accept a massive pay cut & indeed I may have no job at all in the near future. I'm hoping that this gift will one day grow to be worth as much as I am losing in pay (that's not impossible Smiley ).

I would like to give 0.05 BTC to bitcoinsrus because he/she took the time to write to me when I first joined the forum & gave me valuable advice.

My BTC address is 16i74PcjZDVyiNFXdCF3CQViYpokWWj8Xz

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 5142

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 06:54:12 AM

This thread and idea are fun and inspirational.

I am posting to send kudos to Risto, and to those who get it (and give it away).  And I am posting to "subscribe".  It makes me happy to watch...
iourzzz

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 07:06:09 AM

This thread and idea are fun and inspirational.

I am posting to send kudos to Risto, and to those who get it (and give it away).  And I am posting to "subscribe".  It makes me happy to watch...

+777 Very inspired by this great initiative. Thank you, Risto, and everybody who supports this amazing circular sharing.
Otoh
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1105

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 12:42:34 PM

Of course! It's just taking me a bit of considered time since forgoing my first plan, and so, I like taking my time whenever possible Smiley

I would like to honor a couple other great Aquarians who made a most positive impact on me with my time here in this community:

RyNinDaClem, because I really do appreciate all the time you take out to educate me with anything you know, as well as anyone else willing, just because of your sheer enjoyment of doing so. For being who you are, please receive 200mBTC well!

Otoh, because you saved me at one point a couple years back when I was much younger, financially amidst all the Securities and Lending schemes taking place, and soon after, spiritually, through showing me another side of life. Please receive 100mBTC, for being who you are. The 100mBTC is not because I value you any less, my friend, but because I've already gifted you in the past and it's more of a public token and acclaim for my appreciation and spreading good will and energies than anything.  Smiley

Sirs, not only have you personally helped me, but from what I can tell, you are paragons for everyone around. We're especially in a unique position at this cusp in time—and we lead the future by living our lives through example and getting what we want to see. The force of God lives all around us and as such, through us. I like to think we have what we have—whether faith in the face of doubt, wisdom and tolerance amidst the darkness and ignorance, wealth amidst poverty, and whatever, Love from hate—it is only so that we show the way by "passing it on". With the remaining 700mBTC, my intentions are to sow some seeds for universal love and peace, tending them so that we soon fruit more seeds (I'll be sharing those later on  Wink)

Appreciate it guys!

Much love,

Many thanks and much appreciated, I'm traveling atm and unfortunately don't have the time to delve in to this fascinating project, any donations that I receive I automatically send to a charity fund that I set up for a friend's kid who lost her dad, details on it can be found on my site linked from www.otoh.net

If I need to send half to two people instead then I would, in haste, choose first Goat as PM-ing with him helped me elect to get in to LTC quite early on which has changed my financial life for the better more than anything up until now, I wish that I had more time to think about this and read it all, I will in a few weeks or so, for now my second choice would be Risto for all his giving back initiatives.

I'm not sure how the receiving of funds and allocating/resending works exactly, I guess that 100 mBTC is 0.1 BTC and I'll happily double this amount for my donations, sending 0.2 BTC to my charity or 0.1 BTC to it and then 0.05 BTC to Goat and 0.05 BTC to Risto.

BTC = $c²     My BTC addie = 1otohotohMoQoxHuxLBveQiZcV3Pji3Tc 
Bitstamp Exchange: Referal Code
CHARITY | MY REP | PREDICTION 1 | PREDICTION 2 | PREDICTION 3
AnonyMint

Activity: 518
Merit: 521

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 12:50:51 PM

Apologies I don't have time to read all what has been written since the last time I posted in thread.

Thank you so much Risto for that gift and appreciation. Actually I got hit with a few charity situations I could not ignore since your offer was made, so several $100s of that is be sent to locals who have medical emergencies. Relieving immediate suffering has become one of my #1 priorities after suffering 3 days of excruciating pain from an acute (erupted, fully bleeding) peptic ulcer in May 2012, which I had to endure without pain killers. This feels like burning your skin in a flame for  days straight. I literally had to count the seconds 1, 2, 3, ... 10, and start over again. After that, I knew what hell feels like and I realized what the Bible means about ignoring people who are suffering because we can't feel the pain they feel. So when I got a request from someone who is suffering that same emergency, I will pay some of the hospital bill.

Apologies for my hasty communications, the reason being that I am highly stressed out and I wanted to terminate my forum presence asap, so wanted closure so I didn't need to remember to keep checking back. Then I realized it was Sunday (see i am so overworked I don't even know what day it is or if it is day or night outside, I literally didn't take a bath for 2 months, no time).

I logged back in today, because I wanted to make a post in your Altcoin thread about the Ethereum IPO which is approaching $15 million. Amazing to see so much capital going that direction.

Again thank you and I think happiness (and productivity, i.e. sick people aren't productive) has been maximized from the funds given.

I suppose you are demonstrating the Butterfly Effect, and the power that we have on the universe (for good or evil).

unheresy.com - Prodigiously Elucidating the Profoundly ObtuseTHIS FORUM ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER ACTIVE
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 01:42:55 PM

Many thanks and much appreciated, I'm traveling atm and unfortunately don't have the time to delve in to this fascinating project, any donations that I receive I automatically send to a charity fund that I set up for a friend's kid who lost her dad, details on it can be found on my site linked from www.otoh.net

If I need to send half to two people instead then I would, in haste, choose first Goat as PM-ing with him helped me elect to get in to LTC quite early on which has changed my financial life for the better more than anything up until now, I wish that I had more time to think about this and read it all, I will in a few weeks or so, for now my second choice would be Risto for all his giving back initiatives.

I'm not sure how the receiving of funds and allocating/resending works exactly, I guess that 100 mBTC is 0.1 BTC and I'll happily double this amount for my donations, sending 0.2 BTC to my charity or 0.1 BTC to it and then 0.05 BTC to Goat and 0.05 BTC to Risto.

I think the latter outcome is more according to the rules (one forum recipient would have sufficed).

As for me, I had sworn to myself that if I receive back, it will be used for cigars (where else do these wonderful ideas come from...?  Cheesy) but then I realized that Carlton Banks is a good solid guy and a voice of reason. So he will receive the 50mBTC that Otoh graciously gave me.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
aminorex
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029

Sine secretum non libertas

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 06:13:17 PM

I plan to use the funds retained to provide security for the operators of a girls school in a region where Boko Haram is very active.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.  Give a man a Poisson distribution and he eats at random times independent of one another, at a constant known rate.
RyNinDaCleM
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1009

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 12:48:57 AM

Of course! It's just taking me a bit of considered time since forgoing my first plan, and so, I like taking my time whenever possible Smiley

I would like to honor a couple other great Aquarians who made a most positive impact on me with my time here in this community:

RyNinDaClem, because I really do appreciate all the time you take out to educate me with anything you know, as well as anyone else willing, just because of your sheer enjoyment of doing so. For being who you are, please receive 200mBTC well!

Otoh, because you saved me at one point a couple years back when I was much younger, financially amidst all the Securities and Lending schemes taking place, and soon after, spiritually, through showing me another side of life. Please receive 100mBTC, for being who you are. The 100mBTC is not because I value you any less, my friend, but because I've already gifted you in the past and it's more of a public token and acclaim for my appreciation and spreading good will and energies than anything.  Smiley

Sirs, not only have you personally helped me, but from what I can tell, you are paragons for everyone around. We're especially in a unique position at this cusp in time—and we lead the future by living our lives through example and getting what we want to see. The force of God lives all around us and as such, through us. I like to think we have what we have—whether faith in the face of doubt, wisdom and tolerance amidst the darkness and ignorance, wealth amidst poverty, and whatever, Love from hate—it is only so that we show the way by "passing it on". With the remaining 700mBTC, my intentions are to sow some seeds for universal love and peace, tending them so that we soon fruit more seeds (I'll be sharing those later on  Wink)

Appreciate it guys!

Much love,

Thank you, vokain and I'm glad to help in any way I can

I would like to help Frozenlock to deal with the losses caused by the MtGox debacle. He is amongst my dearest Bitcoiner friends, and I would like him to receive 100mBTC to help ease his pain. Take it! You deserve it, bud! Smiley

I would also like to forward 100mBTC to myself (The user, not me Tongue). He has helped me in many instances over the last couple of years.

Both of these gentlemen have proven honesty and integrity and I would like to say thanks for being upstanding Bitcoin community citizens.

I will keep 0mBTC and be happy that I could help others in my endeavors. Smiley

I'm not sure if I still need to supply an address, so here: 1RyNzTkafPptkwiMCm5KTjG9bcLRMZBsU

myself
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

chaos is fun...…damental :)

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 12:18:23 PM

I would also like to forward 100mBTC to myself (The user, not me Tongue). He has helped me in many instances over the last couple of years.

ty Ryn

I dont exactly know how this works but i like to fwd 50% of any receiving funds to; siulynot because he is one of many people(already mentioned) it always been there for me, and the other 50% to valparaiso for the good quality and critical opinion on many trading subjects

Los desesperados publican que lo inventó el rey que rabió, porque todo son en el rabias y mas rabias, disgustos y mas disgustos, pezares y mas pezares; si el que compra algunas partidas vé que baxan, rabia de haver comprado; si suben, rabia de que no compró mas; si compra, suben, vende, gana y buelan aun á mas alto precio del que ha vendido; rabia de que vendió por menor precio: si no compra ni vende y ván subiendo, rabia de que haviendo tenido impulsos de comprar, no llegó á lograr los impulsos; si van baxando, rabia de que, haviendo tenido amagos de vender, no se resolvió á gozar los amagos; si le dan algun consejo y acierta, rabia de que no se lo dieron antes; si yerra, rabia de que se lo dieron; con que todo son inquietudes, todo arrepentimientos, tododelirios, luchando siempre lo insufrible con lo feliz, lo indomito con lo tranquilo y lo rabioso con lo deleytable.
valparaiso

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 01:04:00 PM

Thank you @myself.

I'd gladly forward it all back to you, for all you taught me about the subtleties of trading. You share your wisdom freely, as long as the receiving end tries to learn and does his homework. Thanks buddy, for all the in depth discussions and most of all, the friendship.

• I'd like to forward 50% of all received funds to catcow who was born to trading at almost the same time as I was, and has been ever since my go-to friend when i need to ask a really noobish question i don't dare ask elsewhere Wink
  • And the other 50% to Onefixt who got me into trading in the first place and has ever since taken the time to answer my questions, giving me the most interesting answers to even my dumbest inquiries. I'm gratefull for your firendship !
othe

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 01:24:18 PM

The following payments have been made:

frienemy: 1BBJcM8USfEuH8ZwFzYdUbd68mKjGQa1sK 50mBTC txid: f096fec88849b0a418947f96ddfc2f2dc89379ec371e97efde0092b60efc9ad2
pinksheep: 16i74PcjZDVyiNFXdCF3CQViYpokWWj8Xz 50mBTC txid: b6d72617c3b8b0b7e8000e1123f51523ea00206e620d5ca20aaae847d5d31b3e
bitcoinsrus: 1Prn436wvMg2WShVaB9eYKreKQBYyFW4G9 50mBTC txid: bdf8d2d2fddd707b16681fbfb62b4edda5dd65c339eefd1458dbea3c2c20b29d

If i forgot to send someone btc please leave me a note.

For myself i would like to donate 925 mBTC to Aleks N. (aleks648) to help him fund his Bitcoin related startup Xbterminal (xbterminal.io), it allows local shops/bars/restaurants to easily accept Bitcoins via NFC, i think all of us will profit if we can use Bitcoin in our daily life easier.

The remaining 75 mBTC i would like to donate to webbsy a talented graphic artist, may he buy beer and cigarets the next time i annoy him, which is prolly after he has read this.

aleks648

Activity: 230
Merit: 100

Bounty Manager

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2014, 01:34:30 PM
Last edit: August 07, 2014, 03:00:10 PM by aleks648

frienemy: 1BBJcM8USfEuH8ZwFzYdUbd68mKjGQa1sK 50mBTC txid: f096fec88849b0a418947f96ddfc2f2dc89379ec371e97efde0092b60efc9ad2
pinksheep: 16i74PcjZDVyiNFXdCF3CQViYpokWWj8Xz 50mBTC txid: b6d72617c3b8b0b7e8000e1123f51523ea00206e620d5ca20aaae847d5d31b3e
bitcoinsrus: 1Prn436wvMg2WShVaB9eYKreKQBYyFW4G9 50mBTC txid: bdf8d2d2fddd707b16681fbfb62b4edda5dd65c339eefd1458dbea3c2c20b29d

For myself i would like to donate 925 mBTC to Aleks N. (aleks648) to help him fund his Bitcoin related startup Xbterminal (xbterminal.io), it allows local shops/bars/restaurants to easily accept Bitcoins via NFC, i think all of us will profit if we can use Bitcoin in our daily life easier.

The remaining 75 mBTC i would like to donate to webbsy a talented graphic artist, may he buy beer and cigarets the next time i annoy him, which is prolly after he has read this.

Hey Thanks Othe, that's very kind!  We just demonstrated our terminal to the chancellor of the exchequer here in the UK and the govt just made a load of announcements about bitcoin and moving things forward in the UK, so hopefully we can repay the community kindness by getting our terminals out to as many merchants as possible so you guys can use BTC on a day to day basis.  Risto, if you would like one for the hotel then please let me know! 1LfLuR9EpGviKBhBPNe2h28VwiDscxcnCB is my address.

I'll be passing on 50mBTC to bengtåke and boristhespider for all the hard work earlier this year on VTC. 

Bounty Manager http://t.me/aleks648
bengtåke

Activity: 309
Merit: 250

confused developer

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 03:33:20 PM

Hey Thanks Othe, that's very kind!  We just demonstrated our terminal to the chancellor of the exchequer here in the UK and the govt just made a load of announcements about bitcoin and moving things forward in the UK, so hopefully we can repay the community kindness by getting our terminals out to as many merchants as possible so you guys can use BTC on a day to day basis.  Risto, if you would like one for the hotel then please let me know! 1LfLuR9EpGviKBhBPNe2h28VwiDscxcnCB is my address.

I'll be passing on 50mBTC to bengtåke and boristhespider for all the hard work earlier this year on VTC. 

Thanks, aleks. I'll try to figure out what do with them.

BTC: 1HoDKDn6Gk7mggAhbRVA1T9UAU8kFAA6sy
GameKyuubi

Activity: 253
Merit: 1413

DTCxNMC

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 07:59:48 PM

I don't know many people on this forum, but still I'd like to pass on

--> 50mBTC to GameKyuubi

for the invention of the most important word in Bitcoin history: "HODLING"

Thanks for the nomination Wink

BTC: 15SLrNo6PKVfsH5JLtatJcVkSQXCk1LXyq
full stack Node
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 11:50:15 PM

Wow! So much money has been gifted and people made happy! Smiley This makes me also happy. Sorry I haven't had the opportunity to update the table in the OP yet, since yesterday we started the Summer Retreat in Malla and the first day closed at about 11 am when people began to go to sleep after waiting for breakfast in vain for 2 hours (it was promised at 9 am but there were issues...)

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
Frozenlock

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 01:25:52 AM

I would like to help Frozenlock to deal with the losses caused by the MtGox debacle. He is amongst my dearest Bitcoiner friends, and I would like him to receive 100mBTC to help ease his pain. Take it! You deserve it, bud! Smiley

Thank you very much RyN!

I'll use it wisely to rebuild my financial empire!  Wink

Here's the pain relieving address: 1Fb3jmh18AfVdVRs1ZQr7A88p1LBbThDPm
othe

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 12:42:09 AM

Thank you very much RyN!

I'll use it wisely to rebuild my financial empire!  Wink

Here's the pain relieving address: 1Fb3jmh18AfVdVRs1ZQr7A88p1LBbThDPm

Has been sent Frozenlock: 66ab190c67636c2e08e38665e22c6f4fb34fe266611a63ce347924315d5257a0 2014-08-11 00:39:12

rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 02:02:18 AM

Hi all! The Malla Summer Retreat is consuming all my energy to work in precision tasks, such as updating the OP. othe can pay the sums upon notice, and I will update the OP soon! Smiley

Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3074

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 09:01:01 PM
Last edit: August 12, 2014, 09:47:14 PM by Carlton Banks

I think the latter outcome is more according to the rules (one forum recipient would have sufficed).

As for me, I had sworn to myself that if I receive back, it will be used for cigars (where else do these wonderful ideas come from...?  Cheesy) but then I realized that Carlton Banks is a good solid guy and a voice of reason. So he will receive the 50mBTC that Otoh graciously gave me.

Thanks rp, it's good to receive the recognition more than any amount of money. It might not seem like I'm always around on the forum, as I try to limit my posting to my best original observations. I hope this means I'm choosing my moments well, seeing as you remembered someone who mostly lurks! And thanks also for drawing my attention to the thread, it's a great concept (and what a contrast it is to that which often appears on the forum). I will gladly accept the gift.

I'm going to draw up a list of people to continue the philanthropy, just trying to think of some overlooked recipients (there's no point giving to obvious people like the core development guys, they're probably at a level of bitcoin holdings where they'd only appreciate favors that money can't buy). There are a few forum handles making their way to the front of my mind, as soon as I've remembered a few I will post them + amounts here.

I will also donate to the QubesOS project, as they are making great progress in the field of computing security, and deserve some recognition, promotion, and not least, some funding. I strongly recommend using QubesOS for your online computing, in particular for secure use of bitcoin wallet software.

Edit: to stick to the true spirit of this thread, I'm donating to Qubes using the Armory donation matching scheme.

Vires in numeris
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 11:08:45 AM

Now I tried to have all of them listed. Quite many has not yet decided, so I'll send PM shortly to remind! Smiley

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: