Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:41:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 [261] 262 263 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SLG] Sterlingcoin v1.7 | United Kingdom |  (Read 463978 times)
Sterlingcoin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2019, 11:33:05 PM

Greetings Sterlingcoiners,

Sorry for the lack of communications this start of summer, 2019. Unfortunately; things have been at a bit of a rest for the SLG network upgrade and swap. This is largely due to the necessity of personal travel, and the frequency of it, and long-bear markets causing me to seek more professional contact work outside the cryptocurrency industry. But no progress is "lost" and current services remain intact.

I am looking at apartments closer to my ill mother's house that'll afford myself more time to focus on both my professional contracts and my crypto endeavors, specifically SLG.

Thank you for the continued support.

Sterlingcoin - The cryptocurrency of and from the UK & British Isles for the world: http://Sterlingcoin.org.uk

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
donarito

Activity: 604
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 25, 2019, 11:16:50 AM

hi! any exchanges left?

▄████████▄
                               ▄█████████████▄
                             ▒▓███████████████░
                            ▒▓█████████████████░
                            ▒▓█▓▒██████████▒▓██░
                            ▒▓█████████████████░
                             ▒▓███████████████░
                               ▀████████████▀
        ▒██░                ▄▄▄▄  ▀██████▀
            ▄███▄         ▄██████▄
            ▀███▀  ▄    ▒██████████░
                 ▄███▄  ▒██████████░
                 ▀███▀    ▀██████▀
                   ▀  ▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀
                     ▒█████░
                      ▀███▀
7%|  Annual Income
   VirtacoinPLUS
|  X 11    POW | POS
   Mining. Staking. Rewards.  
|  DECENTRALIZED INCOME HYBRID
    Created for The People.  By The People.  
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
CryptoCanary
Legendary

Activity: 1076
Merit: 1006

Canary in the crypto mine!

View Profile
July 25, 2019, 04:52:56 PM

hi! any exchanges left?

Hi friend!

The only exchange currently offering SLG is: https://btcpop.co/Exchange/SLG

The current plan is to seek more exchanges after the code rebase and new blockchain. Because the swapping will be handled internally and to avoid exchange complications, fewer exchanges during this large transition to the new blockchain is found advantageous.

The new SLG code is taking longer than hoped, but persisting and the community, from any discussions I've been in, is supportive of this plan. That is not to say we would decline free listings, but spending funds to list a coin that is going to essentially "re-launch" a new blockchain, code, and protocol to swap out the, what will become, old blockchain in the planned-near future might be unwise. Like purchasing a future headache.

Certainly if the community demands more listings now, we can pursue. But funding would have to be a community effort and a lot of these new exchanges are charging insane fees. The hope is to make the new SLG so attractive, exchanges come to us.  Cool

Kindest regards!

westloin

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 02, 2019, 10:19:46 PM

Is there a release date for the new blockchain/swap? Can we discuss what features it should have to make it attractive to buy?
Sterlingcoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2019, 02:13:52 AM

Is there a release date for the new blockchain/swap? ...

No, there is not. Progress was made with both the new code (a fork of a fork of PIVX) and the swap interface. However; all that did unfortunately fall idle because of numerous personal reasons and time constraints cause by them.

... Can we discuss what features it should have to make it attractive to buy?

Certainly, yes. Masternode functionality was the most-spoken request and we do think it will suite Sterlingcoin well.

Sterlingcoin - The cryptocurrency of and from the UK & British Isles for the world: http://Sterlingcoin.org.uk
westloin

View Profile
August 03, 2019, 06:02:52 PM

I'm thinking 10000 coins for a masternode. 0.25 coins as reward for every block. 1 block per min. 1440x0.25=360 coins per day / 131.4k per year. (3% inflation of current supply over year).
Does the code/fork you're working on allow POS? Idealy POS and masternodes will keep as much coins off the market as possible. Maybe 0.17 coins per block. Another 2% inflation. POW also works. I don't know which works better with masternodes.

5% inflation or less in total seems reasonable.
Sterlingcoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2019, 06:08:52 AM

I'm thinking 10000 coins for a masternode. 0.25 coins as reward for every block. 1 block per min. 1440x0.25=360 coins per day / 131.4k per year. (3% inflation of current supply over year).
Does the code/fork you're working on allow POS? Idealy POS and masternodes will keep as much coins off the market as possible. Maybe 0.17 coins per block. Another 2% inflation. POW also works. I don't know which works better with masternodes.

5% inflation or less in total seems reasonable.

Yes, 10k SLG MN collateral is what was discussed, either here or in our Discord. I personally feel we should go no less.

Our first public tests were set to 1 coin per block (after the zero-block-reward PoW phase to facilitate the early swaps), but block reward is easily changed. A static whole coin was only used for the hope of easy testing.

Agreed, 1 block per minute, longest.

Yes, PoS is part of the current testing, maybe "experimenting", code. I agree, PoS + MN is best suited (ignoring the inflation-insignificant +PoW phase).

I do personally feel obligation to aim towards the previously coded maximum inflation rate of 5.5%. To keep that true with the current code and expectations now long-established. Variation from that would need strong community voice. But the balance between MN and PoS is up-for-debate. I like as you suggest, slight favor to MNs.

All specifications are at community discretion. The job is to deliver code that does so. I offer my onions only as another community member. Sorry the testing code is not in a functional state to fine tune these details more, but these discussions are very welcome!

Thanks westloin!

westloin

View Profile
August 06, 2019, 07:29:22 PM

Thanks!

Besides store of value and privacy will it have another function or service? Digital IDs?
Sterlingcoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2019, 05:12:36 PM

Thanks!

Besides store of value and privacy will it have another function or service? Digital IDs?

You're welcome!

Digital IDs are an interesting idea, though not yet scoped nor planned. Does the community feel it should be a requirement?

Thanks in advance for any opinions! We do want to be sure that Sterlingcoin moves by community discretion and in that direction.

CRYPTONAIRE

Activity: 527
Merit: 251

Quality Crypto Collector

View Profile
August 28, 2019, 04:05:41 PM

What are digital ID's?

FINANCECLOUD CRYPTO-HUB : by EUROPECOIN
chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2814
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2019, 09:36:35 AM

Thanks!

Westloin, can you please elaborate on digitial IDs, specifically how they might apply to Sterlingcoin?

Thanks mate.

Clocking up posts ...

Smiley

#crysx

Sterlingcoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2019, 04:37:22 AM

Sterlingcoin (SLG)

Apologies for the lack of posts and communication. As you may have gathered, there's not been much to report. Please do not misinterpret this as abandonment. As previously mentioned this past spring and summer had been extremely demanding of my time largely due to my ill mother, care-giving, and the seemingly-perpetual travel associated. Also, it should go without saying, that the altcoin bear markets have required me to find other ways to make ends meet. I'm sure most, if not all, readers of this can relate to the later. Some perhaps the prior.

Fortunately I have escaped the bear markets without seeking full-time employment from others and outside of crypto, only smaller contracts and side jobs. This means I'll remain in control of my schedule as we in the northern hemisphere get ready to hunker down for winter. I do see the winter months becoming go time for Sterlingcoin "2.0".

The first testing of the PIVX fork earlier this year did not go as well as hoped, but much was learned and that progress is not lost, so long as we continue the PIVX direction. I do feel only a small part of that successful-PIVX-fork-puzzle was missed and will be found with enough focus. The winter months will certainly provide enough time for that focus.

Anyway, I felt it important to let our many long-time supports know we have not lost sight of SLG "2.0" and provide some communication. Please feel invited to our Discord for less-scarce communication and many thanks to those who continue to stake their Sterlingcoin and continue to support Sterlingcoin.

Have a great week Sterlingcoiners and to the future, cheers!

Sterlingcoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2019, 05:30:16 PM

Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays 2019, Sterlingcoiners!

On to 2020! Cheers!

Sterlingcoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2019, 06:25:48 AM

Committed a small revision to the current source code, https://github.com/Sterlingcoin/Sterlingcoin-1.6.2.0-Release

Maintenance only, a more-recent checkpoint and updating copyright years. No plans to build and release Windows and Mac binaries at this time, there'd be little benefit and attention should remain on development of the new code.

This is to update the current code for the new year and to not have the repo appear stale. Well, too stale. Apologies for that. What little development time that could be afforded this past year was focused on development of the new code. Unfortunately, and as you know, that was not completely-fruitful. Fortunately; it can and is being brought into greater focus now.

Just getting ready to roll into the new year 2020 ready! Have a safe and happy New Years, Sterlingcoiners!

honglu69

Activity: 1547
Merit: 23

View Profile
February 01, 2020, 08:00:32 PM

Hey British friends, hello from New England region!

I am offering you an exchange listing at
ShorelineCrypto exchange at very low price, 0.01 BTC or  well below 0.005 BTC equivalent if the payment is paid on NewEnglandcoin (NENG) exclusively. Checkout
our other regional coin listing:
NewEnglandcoin (NENG) :  https://shorelinecrypto.com/market/DOGE-NENG
Quebecoin (QBC): https://shorelinecrypto.com/market/DOGE-QBC

ShorelineCrypto exchange at Bitcointalk Ann: 
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5121953.0

There are quite many British supporters in North America. By listing your coin at American exchange, you can gain more exposure in another continent!
henrydezeden

Activity: 7

View Profile
February 28, 2020, 03:05:08 AM

Sterlingcoin? How much it value worth?
CryptoCanary
Legendary

View Profile
February 28, 2020, 04:06:24 PM

Sterlingcoin? How much it value worth?

https://btcpop.co/Exchange/SLG

Sterlingcoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2020, 01:52:03 AM

First and foremost; I hope everyone is as well as can be expected during these odd, even tragic, times of Covid-19. I hope everyone is able to obtain the supplies they need during all the various lockdowns of our various community members. My deepest condolences to those whom might have already had someone taken by this pandemic, as have I.

Secondly; sorry for the absence of posts here. There has been some small banter on telegram and discord. Please join there for more community chatter and welcome company.

Thirdly; sorry to report, "no news" has not equated to "good news" in regards to the new SLG 2.0 codebase. The previously mentioned and hoped for "winter focus" was replaced by the need for "day job" almost 2 months ago. Family illnesses have been a great financial strain lately. The position was too good to pass, all things considered... It is in a building myself, so no covid-19 exposure, and I'm allowed to work despite the lockdown in my state. It is a sales and support role form essential construction's supply needs. What's beautiful about the agreement is I'm allow to work on whatever I wish, less the rare customer interaction of phone or email. So, basically, I am being paid to have use of the owner's office and building. He is very much in support of "my coin stuff" and the position being an incubator with fast Internet and a technology budget.

Fourthly; because of the lack of progress with SLG 2.0, I suggest we have a new release of the current codebase, presumably version 1.7. Requirement being openSSL v1.1 compatibility, so as to build on current-release Linux distributions such as Ubuntu, et al. Perhaps some other enchantments. I think this can help maintain our foothold in crypto and buy the needed time for SLG 2.0, whilst supporting easier adoption in the present. ETA SLG 1.7 Q2 2020

That is all Sterlingcoiners. For now.

Stay strong. Stay healthy. Stay Safe. Stay staking your Sterlingcoin and thanks to those who do!

CryptoCanary
Legendary

View Profile
April 12, 2020, 10:55:50 PM

Happy Easter Sterlingcoiners! I hope lockdowns do not prevent much enjoyment this Spring.  Undecided I hope some beauty of Spring can be found and enjoyed during this mayhem.

Best wishes to all! Stay safe! We'll get to the other side of this.

Sterlingcoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2020, 04:57:56 PM

Happy Sunday Sterlingcoiners,

We're happy to inform, good progress has been made on the source code in preparation for Sterlingcoin v1.7! Progress such as OpenSSL 1.1, miniupnpc 1.9, and boost 1.66 & 1.7 compatibility, to name a few. This work is being done in a public repo, https://github.com/Sterlingcoin/Sterlingcoin-1.7-WIP/ and a big thanks to gjhiggins for helping get it this far.

Most of the "maintenance" work and dependency-compatibility-updating to the code is done. Focus is now shifting to the front-end GUI, to give SLG v1.7 a fresh look. Please allow a week or 2 for that, then we will build and release for Windows and Mac.

To be clear, this is not the previously discussed new code base (aka "SLG 2.0") that we were planning to swap into. While those plans are not scraped, slow progress towards those goals deemed a new release of the existing code necessary. Version 1.7 will not be a required upgrade, though strongly advised, and will not need swapping into. Version 1.7 will, and does as of now, solve several incompatibilities preventing building on many "modern and mainstream" operating systems, such as Ubuntu, "out-of-the-box" and without downgrading dependencies. This is a good step forward for Sterlingcoin and v1.7 will better bridge the gap to v2.0, whenever we do cross that bridge.

Thanks for the continued support, Sterlingcoiners. Have a good and safe week!

Pages: « 1 ... 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 [261] 262 263 »
  Print  

Jump to: