Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 09:15:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 [259] 260 261 262 263 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SLG] Sterlingcoin v1.7 | United Kingdom |  (Read 463983 times)
ivanovmoscow

Activity: 798
Merit: 256

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 09:34:01 PM

Cryptopia Transaction (and wallet address) Not Showing Up on The Explorers

Just upgraded my 1.6.0 wallet that has not synced in months.  Downloaded the latest 1.6.1 Windows version.  Deleted everything except the wallet.dat file.  Ran the wallet after unzipping the snapshot files into the appropriate directory.  Wallet fully synced, no issues.

Unlocked and locked the wallet to make sure I have access.

Created a new address, copied that into Cryptopia and did a test transfer.  It's been over an hour and since nothing showed up in teh wallet, and I could see blocks being downloaded, entered both the address and "Confirmed" Cryptopia transaction ID into both explorers on the Sterling website.  None of the information is found.

Please make a support ticket at Cryptopia. It does appear that they are behind ~5k blocks, with only 1 peer, and presumably in a fork.

I'll make a ticket as well, but please make yours also.

More interested in what the reason for this error can be? Is this something in the software on exchange or some other reasons lead to this? They need to deal with this error and the more applications will be the sooner they will solve this problem.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
coinmancan

Activity: 138
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 12:30:07 AM

Cryptopia Transaction (and wallet address) Not Showing Up on The Explorers

Just upgraded my 1.6.0 wallet that has not synced in months.  Downloaded the latest 1.6.1 Windows version.  Deleted everything except the wallet.dat file.  Ran the wallet after unzipping the snapshot files into the appropriate directory.  Wallet fully synced, no issues.

Unlocked and locked the wallet to make sure I have access.

Created a new address, copied that into Cryptopia and did a test transfer.  It's been over an hour and since nothing showed up in teh wallet, and I could see blocks being downloaded, entered both the address and "Confirmed" Cryptopia transaction ID into both explorers on the Sterling website.  None of the information is found.

Please make a support ticket at Cryptopia. It does appear that they are behind ~5k blocks, with only 1 peer, and presumably in a fork.

I'll make a ticket as well, but please make yours also.

More interested in what the reason for this error can be? Is this something in the software on exchange or some other reasons lead to this? They need to deal with this error and the more applications will be the sooner they will solve this problem.

I just sat down at my computer and the transaction notification popped up right before my eyes literally 5 seconds later.  Must have been a backlog like CryptoCanary mentioned.

I can now confidently transfer the balance.
coinmancan

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 12:35:27 AM

Well that's not happening...

now the wallet is in Maintenance.

What a fun day!

Wink
Sterlingcoin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2018, 02:28:09 AM

Well that's not happening...

now the wallet is in Maintenance.

What a fun day!

Wink

They are resyncing. Rest assured your SLG are safe.

Sterlingcoin - The cryptocurrency of and from the UK & British Isles for the world: http://Sterlingcoin.org.uk
donarito

Activity: 604
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 12:56:18 PM

any bootstrap available?

▄████████▄
                               ▄█████████████▄
                             ▒▓███████████████░
                            ▒▓█████████████████░
                            ▒▓█▓▒██████████▒▓██░
                            ▒▓█████████████████░
                             ▒▓███████████████░
                               ▀████████████▀
        ▒██░                ▄▄▄▄  ▀██████▀
            ▄███▄         ▄██████▄
            ▀███▀  ▄    ▒██████████░
                 ▄███▄  ▒██████████░
                 ▀███▀    ▀██████▀
                   ▀  ▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀
                     ▒█████░
                      ▀███▀
7%|  Annual Income
   VirtacoinPLUS
|  X 11    POW | POS
   Mining. Staking. Rewards.  
|  DECENTRALIZED INCOME HYBRID
    Created for The People.  By The People.  
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
coinmancan

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 03:23:02 PM

any bootstrap available?

Here are links for the Windows/Mac snapshot

http://sterlingcoin.org/SterlingcoinSnapahotAt1054998wDB6.1.zip

and the Linux snapshot

http://sterlingcoin.org/SterlingcoinSnapshotAt1054372wDB5.3.zip

Unzip the contents and put the files into your Appdata folder.  If you already have a wallet.dat file from a previous installation DO NOT delete that, copy it to a different location, delete all of the files in your Appdata folder, then put the wallet file in back there with these unzipped files, and then start the program.
Sterlingcoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2018, 02:56:52 AM

Cryptopia's Sterlingcoin wallet is now back online and available for withdrawal (not deposit) preceding the November 9th delisting.

Please remove any Sterlingcoin from Cryptopia ASAP.

Sterlingcoin - The cryptocurrency of and from the UK & British Isles for the world: http://Sterlingcoin.org.uk
coinmancan

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 03:41:12 AM

Cryptopia's Sterlingcoin wallet is now back online and available for withdrawal (not deposit) preceding the November 9th delisting.

Thank you for the update!
ivanovmoscow

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 06:55:47 PM

Well done, Sterlingcoin team.
All your intensive efforts help to bring the wallet of Sterlingcoin on Cryptopia back to online.
Only two more days to move coins out Cryptopia.

Why this exchange does not understand???
There are a lot of withdraw complaints and more problems.
This exchange has a low trading volume and unresponsive staff. I thought it better to try to get on any other stock exchange and safer and better.
CryptoCracker

Activity: 213

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 09:57:00 PM
Last edit: November 07, 2018, 10:28:39 PM by CryptoCracker

Is there any online wallet to move coins to? actually, just went to the site and found all I need.... think I will just use a paper wallet for now
Sterlingcoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2018, 11:45:52 PM
Last edit: November 07, 2018, 11:59:10 PM by Sterlingcoin

Is there any online wallet to move coins to? actually, just went to the site and found all I need.... think I will just use a paper wallet for now

Glad you were able to find what you needed.

For those still wondering, BTCPop.co is the only online wallet for Sterlingcoin at this time. Be reminded that leaving any coin at an exchange implies a greater degree of risk. The safest way to store any cryptocurrency is in a wallet you alone control and can define the security and backups of. This does include a Sterlingcoin paper wallet, though you will not be rewarded %5.5 annual network rewards for helping to process transactions and securing the blockchain. BTCPop.io does have group staking to earn the %5.5, but does charge fees. The absolute best place to store your Sterlingcoin, in regards to your own safety, security, and aiding the network, is in a Sterlingcoin wallet client staking on your own equipment.

Thank you to all who are able to and do stake their Sterlingcoin in their own wallet, as it does help the network. If you cannot, BTCPop and a paper wallet are your remaining current options to remove your Sterlingcoin from Cryptopia before the November 9th delisting.

EDIT (minutes later): Yes, group staking at BTCPop does aid the network. But greater risks do remain as do the fees.

coinmancan

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 06:39:12 PM

For those still wondering, BTCPop.co is the only online wallet for Sterlingcoin at this time. Be reminded that leaving any coin at an exchange implies a greater degree of risk. The safest way to store any cryptocurrency is in a wallet you alone control and can define the security and backups of. This does include a Sterlingcoin paper wallet, though you will not be rewarded %5.5 annual network rewards for helping to process transactions and securing the blockchain.

Remember remember remember remember this people!  Do NOT KEEP funds ON EXCHANGES!  They go down.  Get hacked.  Coins get delisted.  They can mark your account or transactions as "suspicious" and demand information from you-- and then STILL decide not to give you your funds back.  Just like a bank and the regular money system.  ANYTHING can happen.  Crypto is here to erase that kind of nonsense.

"The safest way to store any cryptocurrency is in a wallet you alone control and can define the security and backups of."

If you don't have the private keys to a wallet

the funds are NOT your own funds

they belong to the exchange.
ivanovmoscow

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 06:16:41 PM

For those still wondering, BTCPop.co is the only online wallet for Sterlingcoin at this time. Be reminded that leaving any coin at an exchange implies a greater degree of risk. The safest way to store any cryptocurrency is in a wallet you alone control and can define the security and backups of. This does include a Sterlingcoin paper wallet, though you will not be rewarded %5.5 annual network rewards for helping to process transactions and securing the blockchain. BTCPop.io does have group staking to earn the %5.5, but does charge fees. The absolute best place to store your Sterlingcoin, in regards to your own safety, security, and aiding the network, is in a Sterlingcoin wallet client staking on your own equipment.

Thank you to all who are able to and do stake their Sterlingcoin in their own wallet, as it does help the network. If you cannot, BTCPop and a paper wallet are your remaining current options to remove your Sterlingcoin from Cryptopia before the November 9th delisting.

EDIT (minutes later): Yes, group staking at BTCPop does aid the network. But greater risks do remain as do the fees.

I think this ad should be fixed in the first message on topic.
For many users, coldwallets on exchanges are still preferable.
And they dont understand that they are a threat to the project in the sense that this is a complete centralization. And this project is just against that. Hoped everyone managed to do the necessary procedures.
coinmancan

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 04:15:16 AM

For many users, coldwallets on exchanges are still preferable.

>>> Rule #1 In Cryptocurrency <<<

is that you NEVER keep your funds on an exchange or  use it as a "wallet" or holding place.

It is a dis-service to spread such information.  New crypto users need to know and old crypto users ALREADY know.

This is NOT banking.  People are used to "banking."

(Because banks have marketed effectively saying "let us hold your money for you!  don't do it yourself, we can do it better!")

This is entirely different.  This is the world of cryptocurrency.

If you do not have the private keys (or recovery phrase) to your OWN personal wallet

THE FUNDS ARE NOT YOUR OWN.

If the exchange gets hacked, shut down, confiscated, infected with malware or a virus, theft from an inside job, theft from an outside job, theft from regulators or government shutdown, raided or any other kind of thing

your coins are GONE.

Example - with TradeSatoshi this past week they-- for their reasons-- arbitrarily exchanged ETH tokes for NewYorkCoin, effectively erasing EVERYONE's millions and millions of coins, while those who had their coins on other exchanges and in Coinomi and other wallets were SAFE.

NEVER.  EVER.  EVER. E V E R *leave* your coins on exchange.

NEVER.

Remember This Post.

I will never, ever, ever let someone lose thousands if not millions of dollars because they didn't know that you are never supposed to keep money on exchanges.  A few years ago 10,000 BTC was nothing and famously bought two cheese pizzas.  Today it's over

$63,000,000.00 USD

This is f____g serious people.
TecScout

Activity: 270
Merit: 5

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 07:08:55 AM

Hello,

Now the Sterlingcoin is no longer on any stock exchange.

Is there a plan on how to proceed?

I am someone who buys 1x a month for a small amount cryptos and I would like to buy sterling coins again.  Smiley Smiley
Sterlingcoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2018, 02:41:47 AM
Last edit: November 19, 2018, 04:32:16 AM by Sterlingcoin

Hello,

Now the Sterlingcoin is no longer on any stock exchange.

Is there a plan on how to proceed?

I am someone who buys 1x a month for a small amount cryptos and I would like to buy sterling coins again.  Smiley Smiley

Hi TecScout, sorry for the slow response. I have been busy with some personal matters.

First, cryptocurrency exchanges are not stock exchanges. Stock exchanges are heavily regulated and insured amongst other things, so don't mistake the two as being the same nor playing by the same rules. They do not. Certainly not in this day and age.

As previously mentioned, Sterlingcoin is still on BTCPop.co (https://btcpop.co/) for exchange.

The plan is to rebase as a PIVX clone, a plan I am happy to announce is underway. I have been working the past several weeks on rebranding and reparameterising a Helium clone (which is a PIVX clone) in a personal, yet public, repo: https://github.com/CryptoCanary/helium/ before moving a more-readied version to the now empty Sterlingcoin repo of: https://github.com/Sterlingcoin/Sterlingcoin-Core

Here are some screenshots of the work in progress thus far:

And here is one where I experimented with the toolbar to the right:

Please note these are not final representations of anything. The graphics used were just my quick attempts to make something that looked SLG-correct and for demonstration purpose to the community. Note these mined blocks are only mined on testnet. Mainnet will not have a new Sterlingcoin PoW phase out of respect for long-standing Sterlingcoin holders and as not to manipulate the supply that they anticipated and were promised. But please know that slight deviation from the potentially %5.5 annual might be needed as masternode rewards weight in. None of that can I speculate on at this time. Nor can I speculate on release dates. Far, very far, too much work and testing remains before that. Please do not ask those questions now, but conversation is very welcome. Contribution is also very welcome. The codebase is quite the leap forward from Sterlingcoin's current. Any knowledgeable people are humbly asked to help with this gigantic undertaking before Sterlingcoin. In regards to ETA all I will say is that it would be fabulous to release during the holidays / years end. If enough skilled people contribute, that goal may be achievable. If I trudge alone, it would be a longer ambition. On a good note, people have approached me privately and specifically one of those would be pivotal to bring this to fruition and in an understandable time frame.

Swap. Two options potentially exist:

1) We swap in-house where you send Sterlingcoin to a mechanism and submit your new Sterlingcoin address also. Your new Sterlingcoin address would be sent that amount from a premined balance that occurred on the new chain. The premine would be of the entire current SLG supply (~4.3 million). After a reasonable swap window has closed, the remaining premined would be done with what the community wants (i.e. burnt, use for promo, tip the devs a little, anything). Post-swap, the now old Sterlingcoin chain would be left to die.

2) The genesis block of the new chain sends to your address based on a blockchain balance snapshot of the current chain that occurred at a predefined time. This way, when you get your new Sterlingcoin wallet, you would just import the private key of your current SLG address and your funds would be there. The big difference with this method would be you would retain both your old Sterlingcoin and your new Sterlingcoin. Sterlingcoin Classic anyone?

All the above is just thoughts at this point. The only concrete decisions are 1) not manipulate supply on long-standing holders. 2) Move SLG into a modern-day-bleeding-edge crypto. Very much work remains. Of course I will inform the community when any live testnets are ready to be formed or any other notable progresses.

EDIT:

TecScout

Activity: 270
Merit: 5

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 08:14:25 AM

Thank you for the detailed answer .. It looks very good.  Grin Smiley
I am happy that it continues and wish you much success.

That with the "stock exchanges" ... I use the Google translator and thought that the translation is correct  Wink Thanks for the correction  Smiley Smiley

I like Option 1 for the swap, if it happens then  Smiley
westloin

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 07:49:22 PM

Yes option 1 sounds better. Thanks.
groggin
Legendary

Activity: 1894
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 12:54:33 AM

Yes option 1 sounds better. Thanks.

No! option #2 is the wtg: privacy is important   Cool

importing a privkey is not difficult, usually.

loose the sword that is your pen or tongue [or bittorrent enabled computer] and help fight the so-called new world order   it is the enemy of humanity[/b][/url]  |  Sign-up @ Aurovine to get FREE HD music ... and coins!| |
Kamal264

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 06:20:19 AM

I go transactions.sterlingcoin.org.uk
I enter the transaction ID
Appears in the "Block Height or Hash not found."

How to see the transaction? Are you working on this? There is a link to the "working" blockchain?
Pages: « 1 ... 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 [259] 260 261 262 263 »
  Print  

Jump to: