Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 06:39:13 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 [247] 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SLG] Sterlingcoin v1.7 | United Kingdom |  (Read 464099 times)
CryptoCanary
Legendary

Activity: 1076
Merit: 1006

Canary in the crypto mine!

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 02:38:11 AM

I am getting this now

anyone?

pi@raspberrypi:~/Sterlingcoin-1.6.0.1-Release/src $ sudo nano /etc/systemd/syste                                                                                        m/Sterlingcoin.service
pi@raspberrypi:~/Sterlingcoin-1.6.0.1-Release/src $ sudo systemctl daemon-reload                                                                                        pi@raspberrypi:~/Sterlingcoin-1.6.0.1-Release/src $ sudo systemctl enable Sterli                                                                                        ngcoin.service
Created symlink from /etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/Sterlingcoin.se                                                                                        rvice to /etc/systemd/system/Sterlingcoin.service.
pi@raspberrypi:~/Sterlingcoin-1.6.0.1-Release/src $ sudo systemctl start Sterlin                                                                                        gcoin.service
pi@raspberrypi:~/Sterlingcoin-1.6.0.1-Release/src $ pi
-bash: pi: command not found
pi@raspberrypi:~/Sterlingcoin-1.6.0.1-Release/src $ sudo systemctl status Sterli                                                                                        ngcoin.service
● Sterlingcoin.service - Sterlingcoin
   Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/Sterlingcoin.service; enabled)
   Active: failed (Result: start-limit) since Sat 2017-09-02 11:07:16 UTC; 4min                                                                                         34s ago
  Process: 18403 ExecStart=/home/pi/Sterlingcoin-1.6.0.1-Release/src/Sterlingcoi                                                                                        nd (code=exited, status=203/EXEC)
 Main PID: 18403 (code=exited, status=203/EXEC)

Sep 02 11:07:16 raspberrypi systemd[1]: Sterlingcoin.service holdoff time ov....
Sep 02 11:07:16 raspberrypi systemd[1]: Stopping Sterlingcoin...
Sep 02 11:07:16 raspberrypi systemd[1]: Starting Sterlingcoin...
Sep 02 11:07:16 raspberrypi systemd[1]: Sterlingcoin.service start request r....
Sep 02 11:07:16 raspberrypi systemd[1]: Failed to start Sterlingcoin.
Sep 02 11:07:16 raspberrypi systemd[1]: Unit Sterlingcoin.service entered fa....
Hint: Some lines were ellipsized, use -l to show in full.

Use sterlingcoind, lowercase perhaps?

EDIT (minutes later): "/home/pi/Sterlingcoin-1.6.0.1-Release/src/Sterlingcoind" is not correct. It is all lowercase, "sterlingcoind".

mafia

Activity: 641
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 08:27:47 AM
Last edit: September 07, 2017, 06:53:30 PM by mafia

its more serious than that. The File sterlincoind is not in the src folder! Here are my full instructions. Can you tell me if I have missed a step? I will post my full guide for the community once I get it working

Installing Sterlingcoin on Rasperry Pi

This guide assumes you have already installed Reddcoin wallet and it is staking

Install dependencies
sudo apt-get install build-essential
sudo apt-get install libssl-dev
sudo apt-get install libdb++-dev
sudo apt-get install libboost-all-dev
sudo apt-get install libqrencode-dev

Download Sterlingcoin
git clone https://github.com/Sterlingcoin/Sterlingcoin-1.6.0.1-Release.git
cd Sterlingcoin-1.6.0.1-Release
cd src
make -f makefile.unix

Create the config
mkdir ~/.Sterlingcoin
nano ~/.Sterlingcoin /Sterlingcoin.conf

copy and paste
Rpcuser=<username>
rpcpassword= <password>

Download the latest sterlingcoin bootstrap to your PC, unzip and upload via SSH (I used Filezilla) to ./Sterlingcoin
Latest bootstrap as of 01/09/2017
http://sterlingcoin.org/SterlingcoinBootstrap796871.zip

Create a Sterlingcoin service
sudo nano /etc/systemd/system/Sterlingcoin.service
Copy and paste   
[Unit]
Description=Sterlingcoin
[Service]
User=pi
ExecStart=/home/pi/Sterlingcoin-1.6.0.1-Release/src/sterlingcoind
WorkingDirectory=/home/pi/Sterlingcoin-1.6.0.1-Release/src/
Restart=always
[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

sudo systemctl daemon-reload
sudo systemctl enable Sterlingcoin.service
sudo systemctl start Sterlingcoin.service

check status

sudo systemctl status Sterlingcoin.service
CryptoCanary
Legendary

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 09:39:15 AM

... sterlincoind is not in the src folder! ...

Then it did not build. I do not have a Raspberry Pi, but those previously mentioned building instructions will build on similar single board computers once all the mentioned dependencies are met and given there is enough memory, swap or otherwise, available to compile.

Errors (not warnings) during the build (make -f makefile.unix) will explain why it failed. This is where you need to look first. Then...

mkdir ~/.Sterlingcoin

Lowercase, both. ~/.sterlingcoin and sterlingcoin.conf. "Rpcuser" must be all lowercase in the config file also. But you need to get the daemon built first before those will be problems. But unless you plan on using augments to tell the daemon to use a different data directory and config file, they will be. Even at that point, the error in the config file (Rpcuser) would prevent the daemon from starting.

mafia

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 07:01:20 PM

Then it did not build. I do not have a Raspberry Pi, but those previously mentioned building instructions will build on similar single board computers once all the mentioned dependencies are met and given there is enough memory, swap or otherwise, available to compile.

Errors (not warnings) during the build (make -f makefile.unix) will explain why it failed. This is where you need to look first. Then...

mkdir ~/.Sterlingcoin

Lowercase, both. ~/.sterlingcoin and sterlingcoin.conf. "Rpcuser" must be all lowercase in the config file also. But you need to get the daemon built first before those will be problems. But unless you plan on using augments to tell the daemon to use a different data directory and config file, they will be. Even at that point, the error in the config file (Rpcuser) would prevent the daemon from starting.

Thanks Crypto Canary. Your help is much appreciated! I forgot to mention that I am using Jessie Lite so I would want to run SterlingCoin without GUI. Are my steps still correct?
CryptoCanary
Legendary

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 01:07:15 AM
Last edit: September 08, 2017, 01:50:52 AM by CryptoCanary

mkdir ~/.Sterlingcoin

Thanks Crypto Canary. Your help is much appreciated! I forgot to mention that I am using Jessie Lite so I would want to run SterlingCoin without GUI. Are my steps still correct?

Yes. The steps we have been discussing are the steps for building without the GUI (Qt).

EDIT: Glad to help!

mafia

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 07:55:01 AM

ok so I renamed the folder and config from/.Sterlingcoin/Sterlingcoin.conf to /.sterlingcoin/sterlingcoin.conf

also made Rpcuser lowercase and re ran make -f makefile.unix and this morning I saw this error message:

/usr/bin/ld: /usr/lib/gcc/arm-linux-gnueabihf/4.9/../../../arm-linux-gnueabihf/l                                                                                        ibcrypto.so: invalid string offset 1117173 >= 68867 for section `.dynstr'
/usr/lib/gcc/arm-linux-gnueabihf/4.9/../../../arm-linux-gnueabihf/libcrypto.so:                                                                                         error adding symbols: File format not recognized
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
makefile.unix:199: recipe for target 'sterlingcoind' failed
make: *** [sterlingcoind] Error 1

Full error here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/jbba18w98m05hmp/full%20error.txt?dl=0

Should I start fresh as this attempt is after the make error
CryptoCanary
Legendary

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 03:20:34 AM
Last edit: September 10, 2017, 06:53:04 AM by CryptoCanary

ok so I renamed the folder and config from/.Sterlingcoin/Sterlingcoin.conf to /.sterlingcoin/sterlingcoin.conf

also made Rpcuser lowercase and re ran make -f makefile.unix and this morning I saw this error message:

/usr/bin/ld: /usr/lib/gcc/arm-linux-gnueabihf/4.9/../../../arm-linux-gnueabihf/l                                                                                        ibcrypto.so: invalid string offset 1117173 >= 68867 for section `.dynstr'
/usr/lib/gcc/arm-linux-gnueabihf/4.9/../../../arm-linux-gnueabihf/libcrypto.so:                                                                                         error adding symbols: File format not recognized

Full error here:

Thanks for the detailed error link. In it I see: "virtual memory exhausted: Cannot allocate memory"

Your Pi ran out of memory.

You may need up to 1 GB of RAM to compile. I am not sure of the specs of your Pi. If you have only 500 MB of RAM or less, you will need to mount a swap partition and use it during compile. This will use a portion of your hard drive (be it USB external or whatnot) as RAM. If your Pi does have 1 GB, you need to first free resources. Exit any programs that are not needed, then try compiling again.

You do not need this much RAM for sterlingcoind to run. But you do need it to compile.

If you need help making a swap, a quick google search yielded me these instructions: http://raspberrypimaker.com/adding-swap-to-the-raspberrypi/  which look to be easy to follow.

I hope this helps!

EDIT: Yes, you should start fresh. Since it ran out of memory during the build process, some objects may be left built incorrectly/incompletely. The next attempt might falsely assume they are correct.

EDIT 2: Sorry, I see now you are using swap and it looks like you did adjust it. Yes, you need to just start fresh and you should be good.

drays
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1073

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 01:04:41 AM
Last edit: September 12, 2017, 03:32:35 AM by drays

Cryptopia is delisting Sterlingcoin because of "issues" with wallet?! Shocked

My freshly started wallet has 25 connections and works brilliantly. Always did, actually. But Cryptopia has issues... as always. Of course, they need more connections and have problems where nobody else has them. Well, I guess its not the connections they are missing, but professionalism...

... this space is not for rent ...
Beverver

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 01:32:16 AM

why i didnt recieve my drop
here is my address admin
SPzwMCs4YBbuWZMzJi1ngBjeaEVQLQHmha
Personally I think 50k is about right.
p3ppymon

Activity: 700
Merit: 254

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 11:19:46 PM

What is the status of the coin with respect to Cryptopia? Two days to the planned delisting. Such a bad news!
Rw13enlib88
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1025

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 12:42:36 AM

I've opened a ticker to ask them not to delist SLG. guys, you should do the same. they need to see the community asking for it, not only the dev
Sterlingcoin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2017, 06:30:24 AM
Last edit: September 18, 2017, 06:42:27 AM by Sterlingcoin

I've opened a ticker to ask them not to delist SLG. guys, you should do the same. they need to see the community asking for it, not only the dev

Thank you for taking the time to do so. I too did just complete, yet another, support ticket. This one more strongly emphasising the fact the listing was paid for. I, once again, also offered to assist with any issue they may have.

But yes, it is very important for Cryptopia to hear requests to retain the listing from traders and community members, not just a developer. Thank you in advance for taking the time to make a support ticket. Be reminded, you as the Sterlingcoin community paid Cryptopia for the listing. Perhaps remind Cryptopia staff of that fact.

Have a great week, Sterlingcoiners. Of course, I will promptly report any response or communication I receive from Cryptopia.

Sterlingcoin - The cryptocurrency of and from the UK & British Isles for the world: http://Sterlingcoin.org.uk
STERLING SENTINEL

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

"The Best of British!" Sterlingcoin (SLG)

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2017, 02:16:11 PM

Greetings Fellow Sterlingcoiners

I have just opened another support ticket at Cryptopia to add to those already posted by others; the more the merrier, I suppose.

I took Steven's advice (above) and reminded them that the listing was, in fact, paid for. Worth a try.

Sterling Sentinel

★ Sterlingcoin ★ REGNUM UNITUM ET ORBIS TERRARUM ★ Sterlingcoin ★
Rw13enlib88
Legendary

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 11:23:40 PM

They still have this warning which is bs, so we have to keep pushing

SLG / BTC market is closing
Due to ongoing wallet issues SLG has been scheduled for delist on the 20/09/2017, please close all open orders and withdraw before this date.
Rw13enlib88
Legendary

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 11:33:47 PM

Time to move to twitter and make some noise there

tweet and post it here so we can all retweet

https://twitter.com/rwuenas/status/909921887861575681
CryptoCanary
Legendary

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 03:49:09 AM
Last edit: September 19, 2017, 04:13:55 AM by CryptoCanary

Good idea, retweeted!

I honestly see little difference between this and other scams in crypto of people (in this case, Cryptopia) taking money from other people (in this case, the Sterlingcoin community) and not delivering as promised. This change in character of Cryptopia's makes me think there are new owners or something. But, money can corrupt anyone so, maybe it is the same owner(s).

Their allegation of nethash and peer count being the reason is easily disproved. Many of the Sterlingcoin community are familiar with Donationcoin. It has extremely low nethash, only 10 peers on the best day, and is scrypt PoW! Yet, Donationcoin retains listing?Huh I am sure there are many, many other examples of the same.

I venture to suggest some political or personal influence is the real reason. Utter BS!

Great idea taking this public via twitter. Thank you for doing so, Rw13enlib88.

Anyone reading this,
Please do retweet: https://twitter.com/rwuenas/status/909921887861575681

Rw13enlib88
Legendary

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 05:04:37 AM

Good idea, retweeted!

I honestly see little difference between this and other scams in crypto of people (in this case, Cryptopia) taking money from other people (in this case, the Sterlingcoin community) and not delivering as promised. This change in character of Cryptopia's makes me think there are new owners or something. But, money can corrupt anyone so, maybe it is the same owner(s).

Their allegation of nethash and peer count being the reason is easily disproved. Many of the Sterlingcoin community are familiar with Donationcoin. It has extremely low nethash, only 10 peers on the best day, and is scrypt PoW! Yet, Donationcoin retains listing?Huh I am sure there are many, many other examples of the same.

I venture to suggest some political or personal influence is the real reason. Utter BS!

Great idea taking this public via twitter. Thank you for doing so, Rw13enlib88.

Anyone reading this,
Please do retweet: https://twitter.com/rwuenas/status/909921887861575681

Thanks!!

Please tweet with your profile too. The more tweets about it we have, the better!
STERLING SENTINEL

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

"The Best of British!" Sterlingcoin (SLG)

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2017, 02:40:43 PM

The de-list warning has been removed from Cryptopia.

Steven, I would be grateful if you would contact them directly on behalf of the community to verify officially that SLG is now in the clear.

Thanks in advance.

Sterling Sentinel

★ Sterlingcoin ★ REGNUM UNITUM ET ORBIS TERRARUM ★ Sterlingcoin ★
mafia

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 09:50:24 PM

/usr/bin/ld: /usr/lib/gcc/arm-linux-gnueabihf/4.9/../../../arm-linux-gnueabihf/l                                                                                        ibcrypto.so: invalid string offset 1117173 >= 68867 for section `.dynstr'
/usr/lib/gcc/arm-linux-gnueabihf/4.9/../../../arm-linux-gnueabihf/libcrypto.so:                                                                                         error adding symbols: File format not recognized

Full error here:

Thanks for the detailed error link. In it I see: "virtual memory exhausted: Cannot allocate memory"

You may need up to 1 GB of RAM to compile. I am not sure of the specs of your Pi. If you have only 500 MB of RAM or less, you will need to mount a swap partition and use it during compile. This will use a portion of your hard drive (be it USB external or whatnot) as RAM. If your Pi does have 1 GB, you need to first free resources. Exit any programs that are not needed, then try compiling again.

You do not need this much RAM for sterlingcoind to run. But you do need it to compile.

If you need help making a swap, a quick google search yielded me these instructions: http://raspberrypimaker.com/adding-swap-to-the-raspberrypi/  which look to be easy to follow.

I hope this helps!

EDIT: Yes, you should start fresh. Since it ran out of memory during the build process, some objects may be left built incorrectly/incompletely. The next attempt might falsely assume they are correct.

EDIT 2: Sorry, I see now you are using swap and it looks like you did adjust it. Yes, you need to just start fresh and you should be good.

I managed to get SterlingCoin compiled and running on Raspberry Pi following the instructions I posted earlier. I was initially using a Raspberry Pi B. Today I managed to complete all the steps using a Raspberry Pi 3 (newest one). Thank's everyone for your help!

Happy to help anyone that is trying to set this up.

Does anyone know the commands to check if the wallet has synced successfully, enter my password to start staking and check how many coins I have in my wallet?

TIA!
Rw13enlib88
Legendary

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 12:05:22 AM

/usr/bin/ld: /usr/lib/gcc/arm-linux-gnueabihf/4.9/../../../arm-linux-gnueabihf/l                                                                                        ibcrypto.so: invalid string offset 1117173 >= 68867 for section `.dynstr'
/usr/lib/gcc/arm-linux-gnueabihf/4.9/../../../arm-linux-gnueabihf/libcrypto.so:                                                                                         error adding symbols: File format not recognized

Full error here:

If you need help making a swap, a quick google search yielded me these instructions: http://raspberrypimaker.com/adding-swap-to-the-raspberrypi/  which look to be easy to follow.

I hope this helps!

I managed to get SterlingCoin compiled and running on Raspberry Pi following the instructions I posted earlier. I was initially using a Raspberry Pi B. Today I managed to complete all the steps using a Raspberry Pi 3 (newest one). Thank's everyone for your help!

Happy to help anyone that is trying to set this up.

Does anyone know the commands to check if the wallet has synced successfully, enter my password to start staking and check how many coins I have in my wallet?

TIA!

Could you please compile all the instructions in one post?
It would help a lot
I have an raspberry available
Pages: « 1 ... 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 [247] 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 »
  Print  

Jump to: