Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 07:30:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 [232] 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SLG] Sterlingcoin v1.7 | United Kingdom |  (Read 463982 times)
STERLING SENTINEL

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

"The Best of British!" Sterlingcoin (SLG)

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2016, 06:18:15 PM

All 3 team members still alive?  Or maybe only one of them still posting here?  Without active development ...

To the best of my knowledge all three devs are still actively committed to Sterlingcoin, but only Steven posts here on a regular basis.

Nothing wrong with that.

That being said, it is about time we got an update on the proposed next steps in SLG's development.

We really need to know what, if anything, has been decided re the code re-basing, possible algo switch, possible new POW phase etc.

Hoping to hear from you soon, Steven!!

Sterling Sentinel

★ Sterlingcoin ★ REGNUM UNITUM ET ORBIS TERRARUM ★ Sterlingcoin ★

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
STERLING SENTINEL

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2016, 06:49:55 PM

Whatever you do please do not screw those who already invested into the coin for the past 2 years by devaluing the coin.
I've bought many of my coins when the price was 4000-5000 satoshi. Since then there was no further progression and price tanked resulting in a big loss for me.
Also I was one of the unlucky ones that lost a huge amount from the Cryptsy collapse (188k) Sad
I'm worried a new POW would worsen the position of the early adopters resulting in a bigger loss, and it'd be unfair, unless you've figured out a way to avoid the devaluation of the coin.

The price has tanked, yes.  But why?

I tend to think it is because pure POS is not the way to go, but rather SLG should embrace a hybrid, POW/POS option.

By rejecting POW (not, I hasten to add, pure POW!) you are resisting the very step which could reinvigorate SLG and make your original investment worth a LOT more than you paid for it.

You are shooting yourself in the foot.

Please note: I am a big holder of SLG, all bought and paid for, none mined.  I've never mined a coin (of any kind) in my life.

I wouldn't know how to mine, even if my life depended on it, and that's a fact!!

So a switch to POW/POS would affect me in the same way that it would affect any other long-term holder, i.e my holding (as a percentage of the total) would slowly reduce.

However, the absolute value of my holding should greatly increase with the passage of time, as SLG attracts more attention.

I hope we can build a consensus around that position.

Sterling Sentinel

The price has tanked because there is no new demand.
The only demand in the market right now is me and the people making volume to not get delisted.

Why there is no demand?
It's been almost a year without a dev making any improvements.
While other countrycoins had followed their roadmap, created services, make easier for merchants to join their movement, social media campaings, etc, SLG have had no improvement. That's why there is no demand and the price has tanked.

Value doesnt come from PoW or PoS, you've got coins using Pow doing very well and others doing very bad, and the same happends with PoS.
[/b]value comes from making SLG more usable.[/b]
To create value we need to make what other sucesful countrycoins are doing. Focus in the end user. 
That's how they have created value.

If your objective is to attract more attention, what you need to use is marketing. MARKETING.

PoW/PoS is a technical matter is not the salvation of SLG.
It's not gonna explode because of PoW.
We need marketing to attract attention.

I understand perfectly your proposition of creating more coins to create more value. But it doesnt work like that. You need to create value in order to that happen. And you can not rely on changing the algo to create buzz about SLG. We need marketing.

I have previouly stated that I wouldnt mind changing to PoW/PoS if we:
1) Dont make PoW+PoS more than the actual inflation via PoS: 5.5%
2) We stop thinking PoW will make SLG explode. We need to create value and use marketing to promote it.

I do agree PoW can have some revitalizing efects but it wont last long, that's why I'm being such a pain.
I need to see we all agree that PoW doesnt create value.
Value comes from making good services and building a community around it

You make some excellent points, my friend, there's no doubt about that.  I have highlighted the best bits!

I think you have misunderstood me just a little, though (probably my fault).

The only reason I have mentioned algo changes and POW/POS is because Steven (Sterlingcoin) mentioned his preference for a new POW phase (and corresponding algo change) and then invited comments. I'm just floating ideas in response to that request, as others have also done.

If the devs are going to make radical changes then I believe it is best to consider all options fully before a final decision is made.  If they are going to change the algo, for example, then which is the best option??  That is why I suggested they take a look at Europecoin; it just looks interesting.  Someone else suggested something called Argon; I don't know anything about that, but it is up to the devs to evaluate such suggestions.

My inner voice tells me that the simplest option for SLG is NOT to have an algo change, probably to stick with POS, and to focus on usability and marketing, as you rightly suggest.  But Steven's earlier posts seem to imply that a complete code re-base is unavoidable, for some reason. 

I would really like him to get back to us ASAP with his latest thinking on the way ahead.

Oh, and you are not being a pain!!  I really value your contributions.  Grin

Sterling Sentinel

soulgate
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2016, 08:26:56 PM

I don't see demand. With POS there is reason to hold the coins at least. POW? Mining as distribution method?  Huh  All new coins will go to exchanges...  

SLG need to be more usable. If there no interest to the coin why POW should to add it? I can start mining any (profitable) coin and dump it on exchanges.

If people now staking with any value of SLG, later POW can change the game...Chain can be at a near halt for hours some days due to the lack of hash on the network.

But there will be action from developers at least. And with right marketing strategy SLG can get more attention.

▄████████▄
                               ▄█████████████▄
                             ▒▓██████▒▒███████░
                            ▒▓█████████████████░
                            ▒▓█▓▒██████████▒▓██░
                            ▒▓█████████████████░
                             ▒▓██████▓▓███████░
                               ▀████████████▀
        ▒██░                ▄▄▄▄  ▀██████▀
            ▄███▄         ▄██████▄
            ▀███▀  ▄    ▒██████████░
                 ▄███▄  ▒██████████░
                 ▀███▀    ▀██████▀
                   ▀  ▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀
                     ▒█████░
                      ▀███▀
7%|  Annual Income 
   🔥VirtacoinPLUS🔥 
| X 11    POW | POS 
  Mining. Staking. Rewards. 
|  DECENTRALIZED INCOME HYBRID
    Created for The People.  By The People.  
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
Sterlingcoin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2016, 01:52:42 AM

All 3 team members still alive?  Or maybe only one of them still posting here?  Without active development ...

To the best of my knowledge all three devs are still actively committed to Sterlingcoin, but only Steven posts here on a regular basis.

Nothing wrong with that.

That being said, it is about time we got an update on the proposed next steps in SLG's development.

We really need to know what, if anything, has been decided re the code re-basing, possible algo switch, possible new POW phase etc.

Hoping to hear from you soon, Steven!!

Sterling Sentinel

Sorry for the slow response, bitcointalk was down for a bit.

The only thing that has been decided by all of us, devs and community, is that we should re-base, bringing the code up-to-date. Re-base does not mean we need to switch algo. We should only do that if we agree to have an additional PoW phase. We would also need to hardfork to have an additional PoW phase. None of those, or any, decisions will be made without agreement from the community.

In large part, work on the re-base can proceed while debate of an additional PoW phase continues. I, Steven, have started work on the re-base but I must honestly tell you, it is going to take a lot even with my colleagues help that I have yet to gain. Many hundreds, perhaps thousands, of commits have been made to Bitcoin's code in comparison to Sterlingcoin's code. Each of these changes most be analyzed, implemented into the Sterlingcoin code, and tested thoroughly. However, I do feel confident it can be completed before Christmas if I can get even one of my colleagues attention away from Silk Network. If not, I feel less certain of how fast it can be done, but will strive for before Christmas the same.

I personally fully understand, and do share, the communities discontent with the development team's nonexistent progress the past year. I have been doing my best to fill Matthew's shoes as lead and keep the project alive in his absence. Certainly I had hoped his return would be sooner. I will contact him and express the urgency that I do need his assistance and return to his role.

Sterlingcoin - The cryptocurrency of and from the UK & British Isles for the world: http://Sterlingcoin.org.uk
Sapfon

Activity: 83

View Profile
October 31, 2016, 09:18:21 AM

I have nothing against new PoW stage and I'm holder (a bit more than 250k) as well. I lost around 1btc worth of SLG at cryptsy. I've bought these for quite high price (even with current tops I hardly break even).

I would consider another algo (maybe the one Spencer is using with darksilk) and then mining more coins. Basically do anything that helps to create volume and make it more easy to enter SLG markets again.

I'm not sure that in how many places you can actually use SLG in UK, none here in Finland / Scandinavia.
Rw13enlib88
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1025

View Profile
October 31, 2016, 01:12:13 PM

I have nothing against new PoW stage and I'm holder (a bit more than 250k) as well. I lost around 1btc worth of SLG at cryptsy. I've bought these for quite high price (even with current tops I hardly break even).

I would consider another algo (maybe the one Spencer is using with darksilk) and then mining more coins. Basically do anything that helps to create volume and make it more easy to enter SLG markets again.

I'm not sure that in how many places you can actually use SLG in UK, none here in Finland / Scandinavia.

I respect your opinion but you sound quite desperate, not very well informed of how to attract attention, not very well informed of how the economy works and without a clear picture of the cryptomarket and how SLG fits in it.

"Do anything" is not a good strategy
Mining will create volume, but because people will dump it.
Macroinflation is not a good strategy.
SLG is for UK and British Islands.

There is another coin for Finland.
There is another coin for Netherlands.
There is another coin for Spain.
There is another coin for France.
There is another coin for Germany.

soulgate
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2016, 06:58:31 PM

I respect your opinion but you sound quite desperate, not very well informed of how to attract attention, not very well informed of how the economy works and without a clear picture of the cryptomarket and how SLG fits in it.

I like regional coins. And always buy them if price is good. I buy because believe that coin will start to follow it's vision.

Regional coins are good and always rise in value if the Team follow their vision and adopting coin in their region.

The buying price still good, but why I must to buy more? Because coin change it's algo? Maybe. To sell it after classical pump before or after swap.

But why I must to hold the coin? To earn interest from POS? Yes. And then move it to exchange again when price is high.

There are few traders who trade SLG but full region to accept and adopt SLG.

I want to see SterlingCoin as the coin of UK and British Islands.

▄████████▄
                               ▄█████████████▄
                             ▒▓██████▒▒███████░
                            ▒▓█████████████████░
                            ▒▓█▓▒██████████▒▓██░
                            ▒▓█████████████████░
                             ▒▓██████▓▓███████░
                               ▀████████████▀
        ▒██░                ▄▄▄▄  ▀██████▀
            ▄███▄         ▄██████▄
            ▀███▀  ▄    ▒██████████░
                 ▄███▄  ▒██████████░
                 ▀███▀    ▀██████▀
                   ▀  ▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀
                     ▒█████░
                      ▀███▀
7%|  Annual Income 
   🔥VirtacoinPLUS🔥 
| X 11    POW | POS 
  Mining. Staking. Rewards. 
|  DECENTRALIZED INCOME HYBRID
    Created for The People.  By The People.  
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
Sapfon

Activity: 83

View Profile
November 01, 2016, 08:22:58 AM

Desperate would not be the term, I'd use. This is not the only crypto I'm holding or trading and with the BTC price going up I've anyways soon made my own moneys back at least. When it comes to talking about economy, I think I do have some image of how it works in general, specially outside crypto world. We can talk about economy in general if you want to, but I'd like to save that to private messages.

Didn't feel like putting too much effort at simple post which was mainly to just say that I support decision to have more coins to circulation. What I meant with my comment on no places to use here in Finland, I wanted to actually get some information on how widely SLG can be used in the UK these days.

Naturally how easily and widely the coin can be used is the only thing that really matters. Marketing is usually slightly time consuming and requires some money. The coin did quite in the beginning with all the articles and devs visiting various expos etc. Do we have a rich list ? Do we have any info on how many coins are sitting in bag holders wallets waiting and not moving at all ? Natural circulation from consumers to producers/services and so for would be nice, but that doesn't really happen with too many coins.

I personally have used btc to pay for product once in my life.
Rw13enlib88
Legendary

View Profile
November 01, 2016, 04:56:13 PM

Desperate would not be the term, I'd use. This is not the only crypto I'm holding or trading and with the BTC price going up I've anyways soon made my own moneys back at least. When it comes to talking about economy, I think I do have some image of how it works in general, specially outside crypto world. We can talk about economy in general if you want to, but I'd like to save that to private messages.

Didn't feel like putting too much effort at simple post which was mainly to just say that I support decision to have more coins to circulation. What I meant with my comment on no places to use here in Finland, I wanted to actually get some information on how widely SLG can be used in the UK these days.

Naturally how easily and widely the coin can be used is the only thing that really matters. Marketing is usually slightly time consuming and requires some money. The coin did quite in the beginning with all the articles and devs visiting various expos etc. Do we have a rich list ? Do we have any info on how many coins are sitting in bag holders wallets waiting and not moving at all ? Natural circulation from consumers to producers/services and so for would be nice, but that doesn't really happen with too many coins.

I personally have used btc to pay for product once in my life.

I wouldnt focus in the breakeven point to exit since btc is only used by less than 0,1% of the global population and SLG almost the same or less for UK&BI

I'm glad you understand the economy because that will mean that you understand that creating more offer wont make SLG more attractive, it will make it more abundant.
What you need to create is demand and for that you need marketing.

Real life example:
You launch a company which makes tomato sauce and you make 10,000 units.
You start selling them and you see that there is no demand for it.
what do you do?
a) invest money in marketing
b) make another 10,000 units and sell them cheaper

Of couse you will understand when you say
Marketing is usually slightly time consuming and requires some money.
that printing more SLG is also taking money from my pocket right?

Marketing requieres time and money.
You sound like... let's print money and this will solve the problem.
Which is similar to the central banks philosofy, which personally I dont like neither it works.

I'm willing to put SLG and BTC for maketing campaings.
As I've explained in pm,
the dev team is not the only responsible for making SLG sucesful,
it's also community responsabilty
Rw13enlib88
Legendary

View Profile
November 01, 2016, 05:26:04 PM

Market information

Total SLG available:
3,881,156 SLG
(Some of them in Cryptsy  Sad )

SLG available to buy in Bittrex:

73,123.34 SLG

SLG available to buy in Bittrex (% of Total):
1,88%

SLG available to buy in Bittrex until 5,000sat:
32,072 SLG = 1,65 BTC

SLG available to buy in Bittrex until 10,000sat:
3,68 BTC

SLG available to buy in Bittrex until 100,000sat:
4,67 BTC

*The amount of SLG showed in Bittrex while asking for 10ksat and 100ksat in not precise

As you can see there is almost no offer, which is good.
Low offer means price will easily go up.
So, no need to create more offer.
We need to create demand.
A reason for buying and using it.
oneoff

Activity: 148
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 03, 2016, 07:35:10 PM

Where did the Bitrex warning about low trading go?  Grin

What a spike.

Maybe I should code a Tipping bot, instead of these well-known DDos bots. I would tip your Wallets until these were overloaded.
dania1990

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 04, 2016, 02:48:21 AM

1 $SLG is going to be worth 0.01 btc soon
altsinvestor

Activity: 9

View Profile
November 04, 2016, 03:49:10 AM

national currencies are the next big thing, NLG went up X100 few weeks ago, I think SLG is heading to 0.005 btc
hugabase

Activity: 824
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 04, 2016, 07:23:44 AM

no connection wallet..??anyone can give nodes please..??
oneoff

Activity: 148
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 04, 2016, 10:05:48 AM

no connection wallet..??anyone can give nodes please..??

This might help you:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=721936.msg16725894#msg16725894

Maybe I should code a Tipping bot, instead of these well-known DDos bots. I would tip your Wallets until these were overloaded.
coinmenace

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

Everything you want, is everything you need.

View Profile
November 04, 2016, 03:27:10 PM

What's going on with SLG? Any news what caused the sudden increase in trading volume & price?
BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
November 04, 2016, 03:49:37 PM

THIS COIN IS DEAD.
pls contact TALK thread to prove otherwise.
BOUNTY 100 TALK.

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
aa9879

Activity: 3

View Profile
November 04, 2016, 05:42:26 PM

I too have problems with my slg wallet - it stopped syncing at 120k blocks remaining. I tried to send 3300 slg to my bittrex wallet, but it didnt show up in Bitrex wallet. Than I tried a solution described here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=721936.msg16725894#msg16725894  and I managed to fully sync all blocks, but now 3300 slg is missing from my local slg wallet (and also not showing up on Bittrex)

Transaction details:
Date: 28. 10. 2016 20:41
To: Sjr4wNFm3dCGSnRkSY3ztWmePdv5meJaHB
Debit: -3300.00 SLG
Transaction fee: -0.0007 SLG
Net amount: -3300.0007 SLG
Transaction ID: f986c056fc41f32f5b178aae658ff8eca03783de8975446f3d86605f3829509c

How can I get my 3300 slg back or are they forever lost? I have a backup of wallet.dat before sending of 3300 SLG was done. Thanx for any helpfull suggestions.
Rw13enlib88
Legendary

View Profile
November 04, 2016, 06:16:19 PM

THIS COIN IS DEAD.
BOUNTY 100 TALK.

lol shame on you...

paid some ads asshole and get the fuck outta here
STERLING SENTINEL

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2016, 07:01:50 PM

THIS COIN IS DEAD.
BOUNTY 100 TALK.

Au contraire, Monsieur Troll!!

This coin is alive and kicking.

We are currently in the midst of a major code rebase, following which.... well, wait and see!! Wink

Sterling Sentinel

Pages: « 1 ... 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 [232] 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 »
  Print  

Jump to: