Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 05:30:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Best Altcoin to invest in for 2015 and WHY  (Read 67277 times)
d5000
Legendary

Activity: 3906
Merit: 6142

Decentralization Maximalist

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 04:16:07 PM

Slimcoin. Very cheap now but probably the most innovative coin of 2014, as it's the first PoB coin (see http://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Proof_of_burn)

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
aggster

Activity: 214
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 05:41:16 PM

After getting familiar with the BTSX client, this is hands down the most promising coin, all other alts are nothing compared to this
Coolstoryteller

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 06:20:37 PM

Shadow

It is one of the few projects that has a technical founder. When investing in tech start-ups one of the key factors angels/VCs look for: Does the project has a technical founder? In crypto this is even more relevant because this is pure technology. Not only that but Shadow is one of the few projects that has an in-house cryptographer, outside of Bitcoin and Bytecoin. The ShadowTeam has taken an A -> B approach when announcing new features to avoid any hype and broken promises. New features are only announced when they are close to being released.  4 active devs and 1 cryptographer.. strong community with an attractive entry-level price.

Major accomplishments: 1st mobile wallet for Droid and iOS to support staking; In addition, encrypted messaging and anon transfers. They've done more in the last 30 days than most coins have done in the last year.

Upcoming Release: ShadowLite - an instant sync to the blockchain similar to Multibit with Bitcoin.

Anyone looking for a serious investment that will end up being in the top 5 cryptos, take look at Shadow. You won't be disappointed.

www.shadow.cash
www.shadowhangout.com
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=745352.0

Proof of Developer:
http://cryptoasian.com/sdc-shadowcoin/

"Buy, sell, trade, chat. Leave nothing but a Shadow." - www.shadow.cash
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2014, 09:27:44 AM

It says that he is verified by ID, FB and LinkedIn. This is all useless if the public does not have access to those links.
Now where are they exactly?
ShadowSend
Copied from DarkSend, interesting another copycat coin.
I would advise people to stay away from it, given the circumstances. They have stolen more in 30 days that other developers took more than a year to code.  Wink

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
NapoleonBonaparte

Activity: 176

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 10:09:12 AM

Darkcoin, the next major coin after litecoin.... and soon to pass litecoin Smiley

The price said otherwise.

Beside Aurora coin, I have never seen another PoW coin get bump so high and dump so soon after.
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2014, 11:15:56 AM

Darkcoin, the next major coin after litecoin.... and soon to pass litecoin Smiley

The price said otherwise.

Beside Aurora coin, I have never seen another PoW coin get bump so high and dump so soon after.
Actually there wasn't much of a pump at first (the time that it had reached it's highest cap ever). The problem was that with RC3 everyone was expecting DarkSend and full anonymity with DRK. After that failed the market started to adjust quickly (the 'dump' happened). Now the last time (with RC4) the market was manipulated, but what can you do?
The market cap of every altcoin is small and can be easily manipulated by a single or a few individuals who hold a nice sum of money.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
salmion

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 11:32:49 AM

Darkcoin because this:

Latest update from Evan - RC4 and Darksend+ working, Kristov Atlas Review, Open Source and DarkTor Announcement

https://darkcointalk.org/threads/development-update-august-19-2014.2086/

And the initial distribution? It's 8 months on. Been redistributed far and wide.
dayandnight

Activity: 140

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 12:30:21 PM

XCR.
The latest 2nd bitcoin and big community!
zevlon

Activity: 138

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 12:37:35 PM

To be honest.Just buy NXT,it;s not too late and it will kill bitcoin Wink
sonihr

Activity: 454

THE TIME HAS COME...

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 02:50:34 PM

PANDACOIN PND

There is 10 devs working on the coin and there is a great community.

Also they are constantly working on the coin to improve it in many ways and they have a great plan for the future unlike many coins out there.

There will be a release of new features august 30th.

You can learn more here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=568529.0

What goes around comes around...
defaced
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1011

Franko is Freedom

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2014, 04:30:33 PM

Franko. Proof of Mesh

"_"

Fortune Favors the Brave
Borderless CharityEXPANSEEXRAllergy FinderFranko Is Freedom
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2014, 05:18:55 PM

Franko. Proof of Mesh

"_"
You're one of those Franko till death supporters?  Cheesy
Is the coin even alive? What's going on with it?
I might consider it.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Coolstoryteller

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 06:04:55 PM

It says that he is verified by ID, FB and LinkedIn. This is all useless if the public does not have access to those links.
Now where are they exactly?
ShadowSend
Copied from DarkSend, interesting another copycat coin.
I would advise people to stay away from it, given the circumstances. They have stolen more in 30 days that other developers took more than a year to code.  Wink

I would advise people to stay away from LaudaM's loaded advice. It's obvious his mission is fudding innovative projects without due diligence.

Given what circumstances? Product delivery? Ryno authored the dual-key stealth addresses code himself and open sourced it. He didn't steal it from Darkcoin.. Shame on you for making baseless accusations about one of the few altcoins that is actually innovating. You making those claims just shows that you don't know anything about Shadow. He also authored the first iOS and Android apps for Proof of Stake crypto.. Let me guess he stole that as well?

Lulz, here's a request in the Darkcoin forum to add stealth addresses:
https://darkcointalk.org/threads/add-stealth-addresses.1223/

Shadow is adding zk-SNARKs in a few weeks, another first for crypto.
https://eprint.iacr.org/2013/879.pdf

The only other project implementing it is anoncoin and the zerocash project, both require trust. Shadow's does not. Stay tuned for another first for crypto.

Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2014, 06:16:19 PM

I would advise people to stay away from LaudaM's loaded advice. It's obvious his mission is fudding innovative projects without due diligence.

Given what circumstances? Product delivery? Ryno authored the dual-key stealth addresses code himself and open sourced it. He didn't steal it from Darkcoin.. Shame on you for making baseless accusations about one of the few altcoins that is actually innovating. You making those claims just shows that you don't know anything about Shadow. He also authored the first iOS and Android apps for Proof of Stake crypto.. Let me guess he stole that as well?
The only other project implementing it is anoncoin and the zerocash project, both require trust. Shadow's does not. Stay tuned for another first for crypto.
I'm not fudding the project at all.
He stole the name and so did many with xxSend. We all know this. I don't really care about that coin good luck with it.
Else it would have been named something else.  Wink
When your developer delivers then we can talk. The feature is pretty much a copycat and no I never meant that he stole the code, because he can't.
DRK isn't open source, yet.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Coolstoryteller

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 06:33:50 PM

I'm not fudding the project at all.
He stole the name and so did many with xxSend. We all know this. I don't really care about that coin good luck with it.
Else it would have been named something else.  Wink
When your developer delivers then we can talk. The feature is pretty much a copycat and no I never meant that he stole the code, because he can't.
DRK isn't open source, yet.

You're making baseless accusations of code plagiarism, that is FUD.

I'm still wondering what you mean by "if the dev delivers" - The developer has delivered on everyone of his milestones ahead of schedule.

Most recent deliveries:
The 1st iOS and Droid wallet to support staking; In addition, encrypted messaging and anon transfers.

The branding "xxxSend" has nothing to do with the underlying technology. It's actually not "pretty much copycat" it's actually a first for crypto and more specifically PoS coins. Also, just so you know Darkcoin wasn't the first to brand xxxSEND, Stablecoin's StableSend was branded months prior to the release of Xcoin [XCO] (darkcoin before the re-brand).

Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2014, 06:46:08 PM

I'm still wondering what you mean by "if the dev delivers" - The developer has delivered on everyone of his milestones ahead of schedule.
-snip-
I just said that he didn't steal the code, what's wrong with you? It was never my intention to spread FUD, not about this one nor any other coin.
Stablecoin was bad from the start and irrelevant.
DarkSend was the first known feature.  Smiley
Ah then it is good, he's delivering his promises. Do you have the real ID of him or is he hiding behind a name?  

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
dicksausage

Activity: 220

PND IS LOVE PND IS LIFE

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 06:48:45 PM

Pandacoin (PND) is best coin.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=568529

We have developers who actually develop instead of hype on some bullshit that doesn't deliver in order to pump and dump for a quick profit. Aug. 30 marks the release of some major features that are going to impact the way people USE cryptos instead of just trading them as commodities. Pandacoin (PND) is the coin for people who still believe in a universal decentralized currency. Feel free to come join us in the future :^)

PND IS BEST COIN        (´(ェ)`)        PND IS LOVE
PND IS ONLY COIN        (´(ェ)`)        PND IS LIFE
Coolstoryteller

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 07:20:20 PM

-snip-
I just said that he didn't steal the code, what's wrong with you? It was never my intention to spread FUD, not about this one nor any other coin.
Stablecoin was bad from the start and irrelevant.
DarkSend was the first known feature.  Smiley
Ah then it is good, he's delivering his promises. Do you have the real ID of him or is he hiding behind a name?  

Proof of developer to me is proof of delivery. xD

He said he'll eventually do a bio, link his previous work and employment. I'm an advocate of personal privacy and liberty, so I won't be pressuring him or releasing it. I've seen his work though, he was the lead developer for two award-winning internet banking companies - built their entire infrastructure. He has an extensive background in multiple programming languages and his prior work in the financial industry gives him a clear understanding of the internals of the banking system.

There's also another developer that recently asked to join the team this week; In addition, he's a legit cryptographer, which is very rare to have in a crypto project. I believe outside of Bitcoin/Bytecoin, Shadow is the only project with an in-house cryptographer. That makes a total of 4 active devs on the project right now.

First.Bitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 1156
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2014, 02:03:11 PM

If you are looking for longterm, and not pump & dump, I recommend reading this post, bitcointalk.org - Re: How we crypto-geeks get it wrong & the reality of altcoin success

It will help you analyze any altcoin.

Founding Dev of ArtByte, the crypto supporting the arts, started in NYC - May 1, 2014 ArtByte.me
w4ssop

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 02:42:04 PM

Monero is my favourite, I'm buying a little XMR every month and I'm sure it will rise in the next weeks.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  

Jump to: