Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 06:42:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Best Altcoin to invest in for 2015 and WHY  (Read 67277 times)
crunck
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

crunck

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 08:57:40 AM

So is it time to dump NXT or not ?

I'm still in two minds, I purchased as a medium to long term investment, but i am alarmed at the recent thefts' roll back suggestions, and the price.

I'm starting to struggle to find any positives now to keep the coin.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dailyearner

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 08:58:47 AM

OlympicCoin - Coins are less than pennys and seem to be having some huge updates no one is aware of...
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=453085.0
Nerazzura

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 09:07:47 AM

Reddcoin is a good bet! Had I not bumbled my way into my current responsibilities for NFD, I'd still be HODLing the more than 30 million Redd I bought when its price was going nowhere in the spring.
Can you give me a reason to follow your tracks, the
because I see coin algorithm begins to appear now. what do you think it
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2014, 03:22:04 PM

Reddcoin is a good bet! Had I not bumbled my way into my current responsibilities for NFD, I'd still be HODLing the more than 30 million Redd I bought when its price was going nowhere in the spring.
Can you give me a reason to follow your tracks, the
because I see coin algorithm begins to appear now. what do you think it

It woke up Reddcoin and got speculators excited, that's really all from my end.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

FiniteRed

Activity: 346
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 04:32:25 PM

Totally agree, tho I would add MEC: Megacoin https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=240861.3340

(by the creator of the Kimoto Gravity Well) to the mix  Shocked

There is some big news coming, it's been delayed like a zillion times now *sigh* however when it hits I'm
expecting the price to return to an absolute bottom of $1 but hopefully much higher...

[G]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ] ~ [ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[H]
Hashforfun

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 05:37:40 PM

POS coins. To be honest I don't have as much trust in others as BTC. Its the king.
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2014, 07:55:23 PM

Totally agree, tho I would add MEC: Megacoin https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=240861.3340

(by the creator of the Kimoto Gravity Well) to the mix  Shocked

There is some big news coming, it's been delayed like a zillion times now *sigh* however when it hits I'm
expecting the price to return to an absolute bottom of $1 but hopefully much higher...

Kimotto is a good coder but it is well known that kimono gravity well is dogshit.  Don't buy MEC for the well.

I would risk some BTC at this price on MEC though cause the update should be pretty good.  I only wish they would cut the dilution and inflation of the coin but they're too stubborn.

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
megashira1
Legendary

Activity: 1146

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 08:12:25 PM

NXT is in a tough spot right now. Too cheap to sell, and the upside potential is very limited for the next few months. Just best to hold I guess.

ThePatient

Activity: 574

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 08:50:29 PM

I'm looking into Ixcoin right now for the first time and I am pretty turned off by its site and its lack of updates. It talks about windows 7, not windows 8. It talks about things happening by 2013....its 2014., etc...

lucazane
Legendary

Activity: 1198

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2014, 09:01:16 PM

Cryptonite (XCN) : first implementation of Mini Blockchain, new  PoW algo M7.

The Blocks Factory Mining POOL : DGB(sha256d, Skein, Qubit, Groestl & Scrypt), FTC
FiniteRed

Activity: 346
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 09:01:40 PM

Kimotto is a good coder but it is well known that kimono gravity well is dogshit.  Don't buy MEC for the well.

It's been implemented by over 250 alt coins since it's release and does a gr8 job of smoothing out the issues surrounding by multi-pool based difficulty spikes. A small number of developers have copied it and messed up the implementation for their specific coin metrics resulting in poor perforce or exposing vulnerabilities - that's not the fault of the algorithm - just sloppy development work on their part.

[G]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ] ~ [ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[H]
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2014, 05:46:59 AM

It's been implemented by over 250 alt coins since it's release and does a gr8 job of smoothing out the issues surrounding by multi-pool based difficulty spikes. A small number of developers have copied it and messed up the implementation for their specific coin metrics resulting in poor perforce or exposing vulnerabilities - that's not the fault of the algorithm - just sloppy development work on their part.

Since I'm not a coder it's possible that the ones complaining about it did just that.  If that many coins have used it successfully then i stand corrected.

I did buy some MEC because it did so well last time and has a great dev and a good name so I'd expect easy a 10 fold increase from here and possibly 100 fold.

There's 1 possible super bonus with MEC.  The MEGA dude from Europe (Kimdotcom) is infatuated with anything MEGA and I'm certain he'll want his own coin soon.  If that happens there's a good chance he'll just straight buy out MEC given he's got tens of millions of dollars to play with.  If that happens then we could see a huge price swing.

Cheers!

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
BTCat (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1010

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 08:36:20 AM

Since I'm not a coder it's possible that the ones complaining about it did just that.  If that many coins have used it successfully then i stand corrected.

I did buy some MEC because it did so well last time and has a great dev and a good name so I'd expect easy a 10 fold increase from here and possibly 100 fold.

There's 1 possible super bonus with MEC.  The MEGA dude from Europe (Kimdotcom) is infatuated with anything MEGA and I'm certain he'll want his own coin soon.  If that happens there's a good chance he'll just straight buy out MEC given he's got tens of millions of dollars to play with.  If that happens then we could see a huge price swing.

Cheers!
I think you're dreaming but anyhow, perhaps next year lol:
http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2014-08-21/kim-dotcom-alleged-internet-pirate-loses-a-round-in-new-zealand
sponone

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 08:39:31 AM

i have to say XCR,though i have some nxts but the price of nxt right now is too high,it's time to buy XCR
HCLivess
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1090

=== NODE IS OK! ==

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2014, 08:58:01 AM

What is in your opinion the best altcoin to invest in for 2015 and why.

Personally I have interest in some older 'proven to be solid-' POS coins with not too high stake, it dillutes the amount of existing coins and it will be harder for the price to rise. So I decided to hold lots of CGB's with only 2% max annual inflation and technically flawless. From the newer coins I got RDD's (5% annual) because it has a great niche on social media platforms, it seems nowadays everyone has some accounts so it's a big potential market, good coins to hold longterm.

Stellar is going to be the best Alt Coin to invest in 2015.

Why ? It was distributed in a really unique way. So there is a huge community supporting it.

WAS -> distribution model irrelevant

sid7039

Activity: 221

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 01:09:20 PM

What is in your opinion the best altcoin to invest in for 2015 and why. Pls add why  Cool

Personally I have interest in some older 'proven to be solid-' POS coins with not too high stake, it dillutes the amount of existing coins and it will be harder for the price to rise. So I decided to hold lots of CGB's with only 2% max annual inflation and technically flawless. From the newer coins I got RDD's (5% annual) because it has a great niche on social media platforms, it seems nowadays everyone has some accounts so it's a big potential market, good coins to hold longterm.

CGB: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=245086.0
RDD: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=423597.0

Like your question because I don't understand why old and proven coins are treaten by market worse than 99,9% of new ones. They are quite old and proven PCC, NOBL, MEC, ANC, WDC, CGB, GLC, FTC, UNO, DEM, NVC, probably FTC and TRC, LTC ;-) ....
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2014, 01:15:03 PM

One shouldn't make threads like this one at all if you ask me. You will just get people spitting out random coins that they have invested in/support.
It's pointless actually. I do however feel like CGB could jump high if the right people found it. It was very interesting back in the day before we got another 1000+ coins released.
I'm gonna say CGB, XMR (I'm not invested in either!) and possibly DRK (due to the planned new features). The devs have shown that they deliver what they promise so we will see.
The really question is if we will see a rally before 2015?

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Feneusens

Activity: 275

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 01:43:21 PM

Darkcoin, the next major coin after litecoin.... and soon to pass litecoin Smiley

sid7039

Activity: 221

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 02:08:27 PM
Last edit: August 22, 2014, 02:25:24 PM by sid7039

Darkcoin, the next major coin after litecoin.... and soon to pass litecoin Smiley

DRK is quite interresting. But some people possibly don't like 'features' like this:

First DRK block mined: https://chainz.cryptoid.info/drk/block.dws?000007d91d1254d60e2dd1ae580383070a4ddffa4c64c2eeb4a2f9ecc0414343.htm

3250 blocks later: https://chainz.cryptoid.info/drk/block.dws?0000000346935d7ac3528f9e3ad169a4ccb08dca01b6fecd32a2421fc107bdb4.htm

All this coins (and also later blocks) mined on the same day.

cisahasa
Legendary

Activity: 910

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 02:17:15 PM

freshcoin, u cant lose more than this

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  

Jump to: