Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 07:07:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Best Altcoin to invest in for 2015 and WHY  (Read 67277 times)
neza777

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 09:52:43 PM

sign is good option
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
asganauei

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 10:05:59 PM

XMR will be the coin of the next year, there's no altcoin which had its fair distribution.
DannyElfman

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 12:50:21 AM

Cryptonight is the PoW implemented in the Cryptonote codebase.

Monero is based on Cryptonote and therefore both a cryptonote and cryptonight coin.

Oh I see, never heard of that term. Do you have any good links to a whitepaper discussing it?

The original CryptoNote whitepaper is here: https://cryptonote.org/whitepaper.pdf

The CN whitepaper had not been peer reviewed, so we took that job on ourselves.

Our mathematicians and cryptographers raw (and sometimes snarky;) annotations are here: http://monero.cc/downloads/whitepaper_annotated.pdf
The review of the CN whitepaper as presented by one of our mathematicians is here: http://monero.cc/downloads/whitepaper_review.pdf

(on the topic of CryptoNight, it was never called such in the whitepaper, but is called CryptoNight in the CN reference code)

Awesome, will check this out! ~40 pages, lets hope a BSc can read those things Cheesy

This spot for rent.
HollowIP

Activity: 518

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 02:26:26 AM

idk about a year or so ago, I was watching anoncoin and megacoin both closely. I felt they both offered something unique and would be worth something in the future.

Unfortunately, my desktop was unable to be accessed anymore, and I lost my hundreds of free coins from each.

Today, I think the collective total was worth about 400 bucks? (estimated, naturally)

It's kinda easy to pick out which coins will do well. Its about originality and what they offer.
Most people in the altcoin business are here because of btc. If the coin offers something of value to btc, the value will naturally increase with time.

try coinchoose.com to get info about each altcoin, with graphs and profitability in relation to btc.

BTC-  3FofPhtcESndpyLTJTJEnpShdHgbN82pAz
lynn_402

Activity: 462
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 12:27:27 PM

XMR will be the coin of the next year, there's no altcoin which had its fair distribution.

Many altcoins have a good distribution, especially the earlier ones; Peercoin, Primecoin, Litecoin, even Dogecoin, and many other I'm sure.
DannyElfman

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 02:41:13 PM

Many altcoins have a good distribution, especially the earlier ones; Peercoin, Primecoin, Litecoin, even Dogecoin, and many other I'm sure.

Distribution is a point to look for, but it is way overrated. I think technological advances are the most important.

This spot for rent.
thefunkybits
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 02:42:49 PM

Like many others I would say look into Monero (XMR)!
lynn_402

Activity: 462
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 02:43:30 PM

Distribution is a point to look for, but it is way overrated. I think technological advances are the most important.

Even when the technological advances are things most users and potential users don't care about?
btcpokerface

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 02:51:44 PM

Monero as my favorite but I'm taking a closer look to the Let'sTalkBitcoins (LTB) coin because it looks promising...

♬-♬-♬-♬ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ Earn up to 0.05 btc/week by posting in the LTB forum!!! ☆ ★ ☆ ★ ♬-♬-♬-♬ --------->
<--------- LTB coin now traded on Poloniex!!!
DannyElfman

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 02:53:23 PM

Even when the technological advances are things most users and potential users don't care about?

Yes because in the end, the utility those technological advances create will help those coins get an comparatively advantage. You can kind of see it now already when looking at CMC or similar sites.

This spot for rent.
BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 05:18:37 PM

animal named themed coins

MEOW

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
DannyElfman

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 06:00:04 PM

animal named themed coins

MEOW

Haha, yeah nothing says serious currencly like a coin that is named after a animal. What could go wrong Wink

This spot for rent.
counter

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 06:43:19 PM

I also would like to see more devs working together on less coins.  The current way things are getting done is a joke IMO.  The open source model of working together to promote innovation clearly works and should be used more when it comes to the development of a coin.  What I mean is more people working together for the same goal or coin.

But to answer the OP question, I believe XC to be the best alt coin for 2015.
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 07:04:22 PM

When we talk of 2015, it for sure is Monero.
In 2014 will not move a lot, so you have lots of time to buy.
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2014, 07:17:10 PM

Distribution is a point to look for, but it is way overrated....

You're absolutely right. Time does heal all butthurt, and later adopters don't give a fig about earlier distributions. They just want to buy some for themselves.

In its time, the Facebook IPO was a major scandal. But thump the tub about it now in the company of investors - most certainly, in the company of professionals - and you'll just get a strange look followed by, "why should I care?"

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

signingoff

Activity: 290

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 07:31:15 PM

It will be NODECoin , since I have a lot NODECoins. Grin
coinsolidation

Activity: 294

Bitmark Developer

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2014, 07:34:32 PM

Hopefully I can be forgiven one thread hijack in 600 or so posts.

I have spoken with many of you before, would you mind taking two minutes to provide some feedback on this http://bitmark.co/bitmark.co/logo.html ?

In an effort to help this particular discussion, may I politely suggest that when suggesting a currency you may also want to specify why, and if you say because of some innovation or technology, also explain why or how it adds value, so that others may learn and gain some insight as to why your suggestion is so.

Thank you in advance,

Mark

Bitmark (reputation+money) : Bitmark v0.9.4 (release)
SushiChef

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 07:45:18 PM
Last edit: August 10, 2014, 04:29:37 PM by SushiChef

Duh... easy! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=712912.0

https://bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BTC-XXX / https://www.cryptsy.com/markets/view/265

I'm heavy involved in this coin and this is pure promotion

WHY?!?!

DannyElfman

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 07:48:29 PM

Self promoting the currency you created is kind of... lame^^

This spot for rent.
coinsolidation

Activity: 294

Bitmark Developer

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2014, 07:51:51 PM

DannyElfman, is there a line between trying to engage the wider community, and self promotion of a currency by it's developer?

It may be a discussion worth having, as sometimes the intention is just to get feedback and converse, and in other cases to try secure investment or encourage people to purchase currency.

As somebody trying to do the former whilst avoiding the latter, do you have any suggestions as to how one may proceed?

Bitmark (reputation+money) : Bitmark v0.9.4 (release)
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  

Jump to: