Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:00:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Best Altcoin to invest in for 2015 and WHY  (Read 67277 times)
coinsolidation

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

Bitmark Developer

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2014, 10:40:11 PM

Ethereum at this time has raised 23,804.11715496 BTC!

I have never seen anything like it. Something big is going to happen.

Not sure if good or bad but ETH going to rock the cryptoworld one way or another.

It will shatter the dreams of the investors. Haha

Like most alts over the last 6 months

+1 to that Huh 1000's of coins to date, altcoins are coming out of the woodwork & not in a good way either!
Would be nice to see all these Dev's work together on just a few coins, not launch several new coins a day just to dump & profit.

Again, my theory is that there are not much devs. Most coins are bought from the few people that copy paste those coins and make small changes.
Other coins have devs but they drop those coins every 4 weeks to move to other coins. Rinse and repeat.

There are good devs, but they mostly don't care for money, so they don't offer investment opportunities.

Also there are greedy businessmen like Ethereum and Maidsafe that were backed by VC/ SiliconValley and need to raise money for those guys.

Would really like to see all this copy & pasting coins get blocked some how, there should be some kind of rule as to who can launch coins. Rules are just broken anyway, but would be nice to have some kind of order in the 100's of coins a month. Is it ever going to stop, maybe we will just have a never ending launch of coins & by the end of 2015 = 100,000+ coins or more? It's nice to have a new coin from time to time, but the way it's going now, something big has to happen!

That is the effect of decentralisation. Don't hate it! Apprechiate it. It is the evolution of coins Wink

Motto: DARWIN WILL PREVAIL

In which direction is the selection happening? I sense you feel that bad clones will become extinct, but maybe bad clones make the greedy extinct?

Bitmark (reputation+money) : Bitmark v0.9.4 (release)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DannyElfman

Activity: 406

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 11:00:22 PM

Ethereum at this time has raised 23,804.11715496 BTC!

I have never seen anything like it. Something big is going to happen.

Not sure if good or bad but ETH going to rock the cryptoworld one way or another.

It will shatter the dreams of the investors. Haha

Like most alts over the last 6 months

+1 to that Huh 1000's of coins to date, altcoins are coming out of the woodwork & not in a good way either!
Would be nice to see all these Dev's work together on just a few coins, not launch several new coins a day just to dump & profit.

Again, my theory is that there are not much devs. Most coins are bought from the few people that copy paste those coins and make small changes.
Other coins have devs but they drop those coins every 4 weeks to move to other coins. Rinse and repeat.

There are good devs, but they mostly don't care for money, so they don't offer investment opportunities.

Also there are greedy businessmen like Ethereum and Maidsafe that were backed by VC/ SiliconValley and need to raise money for those guys.

Would really like to see all this copy & pasting coins get blocked some how, there should be some kind of rule as to who can launch coins. Rules are just broken anyway, but would be nice to have some kind of order in the 100's of coins a month. Is it ever going to stop, maybe we will just have a never ending launch of coins & by the end of 2015 = 100,000+ coins or more? It's nice to have a new coin from time to time, but the way it's going now, something big has to happen!

That is the effect of decentralisation. Don't hate it! Apprechiate it. It is the evolution of coins Wink

In which direction is the selection happening? I sense you feel that bad clones will become extinct, but maybe bad clones make the greedy extinct?

No, I am saying that many many coins will develop, but only the most innovative and most "fit" will survive (survive menaing: significant). In 100 years you will read about 99.999% of all coins in the history books Wink

This spot for rent.
coinsolidation

Bitmark Developer

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2014, 11:07:19 PM

No, I am saying that many many coins will develop, but only the most innovative and most "fit" will survive (survive menaing: significant).

Perhaps also only the most "fit" investors/traders/miners will survive (survive meaning: still have money). Those that avoid the unfit coins.

In 100 years you will read about 99.999% of all coins in the history books Wink

Can you imagine the Table of Contents?  Cheesy

DannyElfman

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 11:09:45 PM

No, I am saying that many many coins will develop, but only the most innovative and most "fit" will survive (survive menaing: significant).

Perhaps also only the most "fit" investors/traders/miners will survive (survive meaning: still have money). Those that avoid the unfit coins.

Good thing the society saves those bad traders, otherwise they would starve to death!!! Tongue

It would read like a bad joke, I bet.

"Grandpa, did you guys really have a coin called Dogecoin. Where people back then retarded?" Wink

This spot for rent.
Zebedee23
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 11:37:12 PM

Carboncoin , if you want to see big gains in the coming months. Heading moonside now but still only 1-2 sats!!!!!

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
██████████        ▀████████
█████████    ████▄  █████████
█████████▀▀  ▀▀▀▀   █████████
█████████▄▄  ▄▄   ▄██████████
▀██████████  ███▄  ▀████████▀
▀█████████▄▄█████▄▄███████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Reserve.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
████████▀▀▀███▀▀▀████████
█████████   ███   █████████
███████               ███████
██████████   ███   ██████████
██████████   ███   ██████████
▀██████               ██████▀
▀████████   ███   ████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄███▄▄▄███████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

.Reserve Your Rights.
miamicrypto

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 11:39:48 PM

I think BLACKCOIN is good option.
IMZ
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 12:14:26 AM

Nxt and related coins.

IndiaMikeZulu
rikkejohn

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 12:21:47 AM

Evolution: those best adapted to the current climate will prevail, mate, and produce similar types.

No need to think that only cool, strong, interesting people/things are best adapted.

Maybe that Doge guy is right, with mediocrity becoming more dominant, perhaps the best investment is the most insipid, dull piece of crap imaginable.

Doge and Bieber to the moon!

1PkwpyTLo5TfagzCPgjdvQFNVzuEyHViGt
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2014, 03:31:12 PM

NXT and BTC.

I have to concur, especially if cryptos are destined to enter a bubble that will climax by the end of this decade. [Cryptos now -> Internet 1994; cryptos 2019 -> Internet 1999: that kind of thing.]

One of the paradoxes of bubbles is that the punter who gets in early, before the real bubble takes off, and then does nothing else but HODL all the way through, ends up with a solid gain even at the worst of the post-bubble carnage. Cases in point: gold in early '77, YHOO in the summer of '97.

In fact, the best time to buy and HODL in this way is the quiet time after a false bubble: a slam-down that looked an awful lot like a bursting bubble at the time, but in retrospect proved to be just another bear market. Example: real estate in 1991-2. Example 2...

But this strategy only works if you buy and HODL quality. Right now, I have to say that the quality bill of HODL is pretty much confined to Bitcoin and Nxt.

I'd like to say that NFD fits the bill, but right now it's too young and too bare-bones a Nxt clone to belong in the bill of top-level quality. As a friend correctly informed me in a PM, NFD at the moment is a pure speculation. It's incredibly cheap at BTER right now, but a professional economist would say that its low price is a reasonably accurate handicapping of its present value. Such an economist does have a point. So I do have to admit that, if you want to play an upcoming bubble by HODLing all the way through and you want to diversify by adding a crypto-2.0 coin, you should diversify by HODLing Nxt and only Nxt. NFD is only for long-term speculators at present.

I don't mind catering to pure speculators at the moment: I've been a veteran speculator myself in the penny stock market until recently. Smiley Right now, my immediate agenda for NFD is to grow it slowly and keep NFD a "sleeper" crypto - like Reddcoin was until recently. My way may seem flaccid, but I'd rather not have a swath of ticked-off bagholders like the Qora dev has to contend with. And this way jibes with my penny-stock speculations that banked real profits for me. Leaving aside the (much bigger) profits I threw away because I was too impatient and undisciplined to stick to my strategy...

But I am writing this post for people who don't have the time or taste for pure speculation. If you're one of those, then the best coin to HODL in my opinion is Nxt. As well as Bitcoin, of course. The one-year chart of the latter clearly shows a false bubble, like a chart of real estate in '91 or so. The all-time chart of the latter shows a formerly smokin' hot altcoin, which - uniquely in altcoin land! - has more-or-less gone sideways when the early frenzy faded away. For that long-term sideways churn, the Nxt 'bagholder' really has the Nxt dev team to thank.

So there you go. Name recognition, as confirmed by a lookie at the long-term charts, show that "Quality" means Bitcoin and/or Nxt. So, if you plan to play a future bubble - a real bubble - in advance by buying, HODLing and forgetting, your choice is limited to the big "B", Nxt, or both. 

One warning. If you do play a future bubble this way, you will be enormously tempted to monkey around with your HODL when cryptos become smokin' hot. The temptation is so enormous, you might even have to cold-wallet your HODLings and take a nice, long vacation from cryptos entirely. There's just too much temptation to get full of yourself and assume that you can bank even more $$$ by plying those overly clever traders' tricks that are proven to drag the whole lot of 'trading geniuses' right into the abyss when the carnage starts.

Case in point: Internet-stock day-trading, 1999-2002...

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2014, 03:33:23 PM

No, I am saying that many many coins will develop, but only the most innovative and most "fit" will survive (survive menaing: significant). In 100 years you will read about 99.999% of all coins in the history books Wink

More like in the footnotes of very specialized historical monographs.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

JohnD

Activity: 124
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2014, 03:58:53 PM

Definatly one of the cryptonight coins (probably monero).
DannyElfman

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 04:19:59 PM

DO you mean cryptonotes?

This spot for rent.
coinsolidation

Bitmark Developer

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2014, 04:30:32 PM

Cryptonight is the PoW implemented in the Cryptonote codebase.

Monero is based on Cryptonote and therefore both a cryptonote and cryptonight coin.

DannyElfman

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 04:36:54 PM

Monero is based on Cryptonote and therefore both a cryptonote and cryptonight coin.

Oh I see, never heard of that term. Do you have any good links to a whitepaper discussing it?

This spot for rent.
lynn_402

Activity: 462
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 04:59:25 PM

Their main disadvantage, is that people who were born on Superman's planet won't be able to use them.
DannyElfman

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 05:04:55 PM

Their main disadvantage, is that people who were born on Superman's planet won't be able to use them.

haha, so no superman coin with cryptonight features Sad

This spot for rent.
madawc

Activity: 347

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 05:29:38 PM

BTSX has tremendous potential.
Testing Crypto

Activity: 614
Merit: 506

Applications

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 09:30:48 PM

Good thing the society saves those bad traders, otherwise they would starve to death!!! Tongue

It would read like a bad joke, I bet.

"Grandpa, did you guys really have a coin called Dogecoin. Where people back then retarded?" Wink

LMFAO

ZwNpPhVYrSrPMS71GLc7TEnbqA9VSZopGn // Gift5YapqsZqSTW8T4S3sCU4sngCkvh4ba // 3Gwc4KzVtuJ9ADnuqzF7XRhSaaE7HkBWpr // 1PAGEHrN62tgUHncGWbbhKe9jhZGXsxFC4
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi {SAT OS hi}
jackfruit

Activity: 416

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 09:36:01 PM

XMR and VIA.
fluffypony
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060

GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2014, 09:51:00 PM

Oh I see, never heard of that term. Do you have any good links to a whitepaper discussing it?

The original CryptoNote whitepaper is here: https://cryptonote.org/whitepaper.pdf

The CN whitepaper had not been peer reviewed, so we took that job on ourselves.

Our mathematicians and cryptographers raw (and sometimes snarky;) annotations are here: http://monero.cc/downloads/whitepaper_annotated.pdf
The review of the CN whitepaper as presented by one of our mathematicians is here: http://monero.cc/downloads/whitepaper_review.pdf

(on the topic of CryptoNight, it was never called such in the whitepaper, but is called CryptoNight in the CN reference code)

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  

Jump to: