Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 07:26:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 [247] 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Ultracoin] [Est. Feb 2014] ~ ASIC Resistant & Ultrafast 6 Second Transactions!  (Read 380958 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Valpe

Activity: 307
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 10:49:20 AM

Seems like volume is having cold winter night.
Maybe it would be good give us some time table. It will be some progress if devs make us pool. It should't be too much to ask.

Valpe

The wait is going to pay off big time, I'm glad to see the devs talking about solid work they've been doing, can't wait to see the working platform, is there an exact date for the announcement right now?

I can't wai too, but it seems that is taking ages, also we didn't saw any developement, apart from @usukan statements there is nothing out there to make investors wait even more time.

★★★ Cryptocurrency Platform Services ★★★
Exchange | Mineshaft |  Marketplace 【 Cryptopia 】 Rewards | CoinInfo | | f | | t | | BTC |           
★▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔★           

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
usukan
Legendary

Activity: 1590
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 08:38:31 PM

I would love nothing more than to give everyone more info and describe the new tech under development for Ultracoin.

As I have said many times before - I cannot because this is a closely guarded secret and I have given my word to the group that I will not divulge any further info until everything is ready.

Again - there is no roadmap or timeframe - or release date available.  The devs have as much time as they need to develop things properly with no pressure to release a half baked platform to conform with some arbitrary date we might pick.

It will come - but the choice for anyone here is:

1 - To wait
2 - To move on

Cheers - usukan

--

--
usukan
Legendary

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 12:21:07 AM

Maybe it would be good give us some time table. It will be some progress if devs make us pool. It should't be too much to ask.

Valpe

Hi Valpe

Yes indeed - a hibernation in trading for a few days - nevertheless!
There was a few months volume traded in one day last week! Almost 1.3 mil coins bought in 1 hit. 
Go back almost a month from that to the day - again 1.4 mil coins bought in 1 day!
What might this tell us?
To me it suggests strongly that someone believes this coin has a very bright future - and they are willing to put their money (BTC) on the line.

Yes a pool would be nice - but 3 things.

1 - The pool would be no good for the new Ultracoin - so only a short/med term service. A lot of work for a finite thing.

2 - Nobody with the expertise seems willing to step up with the time to build and run a pool (I still can't find Alenevaa - perhaps we did not appreciate him enough when he was here).

3 - Most importantly - the devs are focused on one project which is far more important and exciting than a pool - they would not take time away from the main event to build a pool at present.

There is sufficient hash to run the coins functions and things are cranking along just fine - I have checked with transfers and staking. Staking is the best way to support the network at present - if you can't mine. 
That being said - I would love a pool and to get back to mining myself.

Cheers - usukan

--

--
Valpe

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 07:36:21 AM

Thanks Usukan

Valpe

Valpe

Hi Valpe

Yes indeed - a hibernation in trading for a few days - nevertheless!
There was a few months volume traded in one day last week! Almost 1.3 mil coins bought in 1 hit. 
Go back almost a month from that to the day - again 1.4 mil coins bought in 1 day!
What might this tell us?
To me it suggests strongly that someone believes this coin has a very bright future - and they are willing to put their money (BTC) on the line.

Yes a pool would be nice - but 3 things.

1 - The pool would be no good for the new Ultracoin - so only a short/med term service. A lot of work for a finite thing.

2 - Nobody with the expertise seems willing to step up with the time to build and run a pool (I still can't find Alenevaa - perhaps we did not appreciate him enough when he was here).

3 - Most importantly - the devs are focused on one project which is far more important and exciting than a pool - they would not take time away from the main event to build a pool at present.

There is sufficient hash to run the coins functions and things are cranking along just fine - I have checked with transfers and staking. Staking is the best way to support the network at present - if you can't mine. 
That being said - I would love a pool and to get back to mining myself.

Cheers - usukan

Exchange | Mineshaft |  Marketplace 【 Cryptopia 】 Rewards | CoinInfo | | f | | t | | BTC |           
kiddo

Activity: 546
Merit: 137

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 11:14:42 AM

I would love nothing more than to give everyone more info and describe the new tech under development for Ultracoin.

As I have said many times before - I cannot because this is a closely guarded secret and I have given my word to the group that I will not divulge any further info until everything is ready.

Again - there is no roadmap or timeframe - or release date available.  The devs have as much time as they need to develop things properly with no pressure to release a half baked platform to conform with some arbitrary date we might pick.

It will come - but the choice for anyone here is:

1 - To wait
2 - To move on

Cheers - usukan

We can understand but if you don't give as at least a time frame, for example this year, 1st half 2019, 2nd half 2019 not a fixed date, this can be interpreted something between next month and summer 2020. Don't get me wrong, but this is taking already to long, I think in december you said this year will happen this year, if I'm not wrong. Now we are not sure about this anymore so I think I'll go for option 2. Good luck all!
Kurrie

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 11:43:05 AM

Thanks to the developer for creating a wonderful coin Smiley, I believe that Ultracoin is suitable for long-term investments.
Jarod1231

Activity: 951
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 07:25:08 PM

The wait is going to pay off big time, I'm glad to see the devs talking about solid work they've been doing, can't wait to see the working platform, is there an exact date for the announcement right now?

I can't wai too, but it seems that is taking ages, also we didn't saw any developement, apart from @usukan statements there is nothing out there to make investors wait even more time.

With all due respect if you're tired of waiting then just dump your coins already. As it currently stands UTC is already rock bottom on price with extremely low volume being traded, dumping your coins makes absolutely no difference at this point. With the price as is currently and the minuscule volume being traded I see no plausible reason why Usukan would be lying about the fork, there's no profit to be made off a long con on an already dead coin with no volume... especially when its cheaper to just buy the coin than mine it. So you either trust the fork is going to be delivered or you don't. My personal opinion is that dumping now would be idiotic and you're going to regret it if you do.

kiddo

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 07:02:18 AM

With all due respect if you're tired of waiting then just dump your coins already. As it currently stands UTC is already rock bottom on price with extremely low volume being traded, dumping your coins makes absolutely no difference at this point. With the price as is currently and the minuscule volume being traded I see no plausible reason why Usukan would be lying about the fork, there's no profit to be made off a long con on an already dead coin with no volume... especially when its cheaper to just buy the coin than mine it. So you either trust the fork is going to be delivered or you don't. My personal opinion is that dumping now would be idiotic and you're going to regret it if you do.

Well I won't sell, at least now as the price is only at aprox. 75 sats sice I bought my bag last year in the begining of July at 210 sats, this will make my BTC investment turn 3 times less than it was more than a year ago. I trust that the the fork will happen but it seems that is taking ages, if the UTC fork will happen in 2 years, what's the point of it? anyway the tech will be outdated, as this space is developing at lightning speed.
cym78718

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 07:04:35 AM

I think the speed of network really matters nowadays since major networks experience network transaction delay from time to time good one!
usukan
Legendary

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 05:17:52 AM
Last edit: August 09, 2018, 07:51:36 AM by usukan

Well I won't sell, at least now as the price is only at aprox. 75 sats sice I bought my bag last year in the begining of July at 210 sats, this will make my BTC investment turn 3 times less than it was more than a year ago. I trust that the the fork will happen but it seems that is taking ages, if the UTC fork will happen in 2 years, what's the point of it? anyway the tech will be outdated, as this space is developing at lightning speed.

what's the point of it? anyway the tech will be outdated

The point is that WE will have the technology that will out-date the rest......the rest will look like stone wheels.

Cheers - usukan

--

--
Beave162

Activity: 809
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 08:37:10 AM

You should start by not lying about being "ultra fast". Just a suggestion. Lying is immoral.

YaCoin: YL5kf54wPPXKsXd5T18xCaNkyUsS1DgY7z 
BitCoin: 14PFbLyUdTyxZg3V8hnvj5VXkx3dhthmDj
Valpe

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 11:00:26 AM

Hi Beave162,

Same old same old.

Someones may think its ultrafast as Ultracoin is.
Relative ...
 Grin

You should start by not lying about being "ultra fast". Just a suggestion. Lying is immoral.

Beave162

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 11:04:16 AM

Hi Beave162,

Same old same old.

Relative ...
 Grin

Relative to what?

usukan
Legendary

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 08:02:39 PM

Hi Beave162,

Same old same old.

Relative ...
 Grin

Relative to what?

Hi Beave162 - are you still here?

Have you used BTC lately?  UTC is ultrafast compared to that at least.

Cheers - usukan

--

--
Beave162

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 04:41:43 AM

Hi Beave162,

Same old same old.

Relative ...
 Grin

Relative to what?

Have you used BTC lately?  UTC is ultrafast compared to that at least.

Cheers - usukan

How about compared to Ethereum, Bitcoin Cash, any of the top cryptocurrencies?

usukan
Legendary

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 06:44:58 AM
Last edit: August 10, 2018, 07:03:49 AM by usukan

Hi Beave162,

Same old same old.

Relative ...
 Grin

Relative to what?

Have you used BTC lately?  UTC is ultrafast compared to that at least.

Cheers - usukan

How about compared to Ethereum, Bitcoin Cash, any of the top cryptocurrencies?

You really are still here - aren't you!  I thought you had lost interest? Thats great you are still interested.

Its rather significant that after all this time (years in fact) that the very basic UTC is still fast and reliable - faster than the predominant BTC with almost 50% of market cap.

But what we are debating here is all just superfluous really.

The new Ultracoin will be lightening fast, super secure and have no capacity issues.  Haha - I jest you not. The other top coins you allude to will be DEAD in the water on all counts of both qualitative and quantitative comparison.

So don't let us waste time talking about the current state of Ultracoin - which will change inextricably.

As I said - move on - or wait - up to you.

If you are still around here - We will assume you are in the "waiting" category.

Have a great day Beave162

Cheers - usukan

--

--
kiddo

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 09:22:23 AM

Hi Beave162,

Same old same old.

Relative ...
 Grin

Relative to what?

Have you used BTC lately?  UTC is ultrafast compared to that at least.

Cheers - usukan

I am pretty excited to see how fast is or will be the new UltraCoin but it all depends on the algo and block spacing. I know that nist5 is very fast, there are not many algos out there that can beat it unless is a second layer on top of the UTC blockchain like Bitcoin's Lightning Network. And about the BTC comparison.. well is a 10 year old tech, compare it with something newer.
Beave162

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 10:36:52 AM

You really are still here - aren't you!  I thought you had lost interest? Thats great you are still interested.

Its rather significant that after all this time (years in fact) that the very basic UTC is still fast and reliable - faster than the predominant BTC with almost 50% of market cap.

The new Ultracoin will be lightening fast, super secure and have no capacity issues.  Haha - I jest you not. The other top coins you allude to will be DEAD in the water on all counts of both qualitative and quantitative comparison.

So don't let us waste time talking about the current state of Ultracoin - which will change inextricably.

If you are still around here - We will assume you are in the "waiting" category.

Cheers - usukan

How do you fix the capacity issues that Bitcoin has?

How "fast" do you think UltraCoin currently is exactly?

Bluesman75

Activity: 115
Merit: 3

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 05:36:21 PM
Last edit: August 13, 2018, 01:55:31 AM by Bluesman75

You really are still here - aren't you!  I thought you had lost interest? Thats great you are still interested.

The new Ultracoin will be lightening fast, super secure and have no capacity issues.  Haha - I jest you not. The other top coins you allude to will be DEAD in the water on all counts of both qualitative and quantitative comparison.

Cheers - usukan

How do you fix the capacity issues that Bitcoin has?

How "fast" do you think UltraCoin currently is exactly?

I think Beave162 has a valid point. Actually UTC is faster than the scrypt coins I use and than bitcoin, but can't tell anything about another coins like ETH and Ripple as an example. At the beginning of UTC we were told than it was ultrafast and that in 6 seconds a transaction was made, even a video of that was made, but when UTC was at its peak, I remember that transactions took more than that.

Then after the fork, some things changed, a minted coin couldn't been used before 70 confirmations, so even at 60 seconds, it taked a considerable amount of time to use it, unlike mined coins that could been used right after the 6 confirmations. And, to be honest, every scrypt coin I use can be used after 6 confirmations, even less if you choose the expend unconfirmed coin choice in settings.

Fast transactions had never been the best characteristic of UTC, it has been the cha-cha algorithm, but then again, is not the only coin with it. Only because of that, actually there is no mining hardware been developed for UTC (That I know). and that you can mine UTC with old tech GPUs.

Next fork, has to be a hell of a lot better than the original or forked UTC to really get the attention of markets, because there are to many good alternatives to BTC right now.

So, right now it is easy to solo mine UTC, it is very cheap, and it is very easy to mint it. WE ONLY NEED A POOL.

If you invest in it or not, well, those ones that hold for a long time, there is nothing to lose right now, even if you bought before the bubble of winter, you can't lose (less than 0.000001). But if you bought at December or January prices, your only hope is the announced fork.

So our only really "hope" of a higher price is that the new UTC really is a new kind of blockchain, without the restrictions of the actual ones. It is the only way UTC survives all other prospects of good alt-coins.

Can Dev team deliver that kind of tech? Well, I don't know who is the DEV team or what are they doing. So as I had said it before, is just a matter of "believing" or having "faith" on the words of someone, in this case, Usukan.

So if you are part of the UTC Religion, you shouldn't have any doubts, the fork would be delivered and you would be rich investing in UTC.

If you have UTC since long ago, nothing changes, your investment is at one  of it  lowest points, so any fork, is a chance to get back some of the money you invested, and if it really is a good new tech, you will recover and get your long awaited gains on UTC.

If you invested at peak prices of UTC in the winter, your only hope to get back your money is that the fork is a really good one. Or wait for the next Bitcoin bubble.

Finally, you can wait and hold or dump. Dumping right now, as Jarod1231 says in its own way, is not a good idea at these prices, but its your investment and your choice.

And remember that the UTC Dev team is not the only one looking for a new great tech for a cryptocoin, that is why I think Beave162 is close to UTC.

Well, the clock is ticking and time always go foward. Lets see what the future has for us.  Grin
Beave162

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 04:34:36 AM

Block target time is 60 seconds

Understood? Ignoring the little lie is psychopathic

Pages: « 1 ... 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 [247] 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 »
  Print  

Jump to: